• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZelDan

Smash Master
Can we all agree upon that it would be quite hilarious if it ends up being the cause of that there is no Square Enix rep/someone else that isn't on the list ala 2B, Noctis, Nekku, Laura Croft you name it considering this conversation?
Or maybe we do get a "Square" character, but one that nobody was expecting...

QBBY FOR SMASH!

Edit: um, okay, apparently the insert image option doesn't work for me...

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Don't think leakers thinking a character from a company who has put out fake characters is likely is a good sign
Hope this makes sense

I'm basically saying that people going "probably Erdrick" may actually be a pretty bad sign for Erdrick
I have to agree. People are acting like the list is proof (but no offense to either Hitagi, Vergeben Polar Panda or Xenother) yet for some reason doesn't act like the whole thing could be a smokescreen. The only real confirmation we would have that really points towards Erdick is if the same leak that mentioned Jokers moveset and stage is correct about the Joker part. But right now, it's all up in the air tbh

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I have to agree. People are acting like the list is proof (but no offense to either Hitagi, Vergeben Polar Panda or Xenother) yet for some reason doesn't act like the whole thing could be a smokescreen. The only real confirmation we would have that really points towards Erdick is if the same leak that mentioned Jokers moveset and stage is correct about the Joker part. But right now, it's all up in the air tbh
I don't believe the leak is a smokescreen, but I do believe it's silly to assume we can rule out or confirm any of the characters at this point.
BTW that leak is bull****. P5A and Granblue Fighter would be developed by two different teams. No reason P5A would be delayed for Granblue.

D

Deleted member

If Erdrick does get confirmed at Jump Festa, I say everyone should do a playthrough of any version of DQ3! :p
DQ1-3*
I've said before playing them in succession is INCREDIBLY satisfying. If you want to make that investment then I think that's the optimal thing to do, but DQ3 stands perfectly fine on it's own too.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If Erdrick does get confirmed at Jump Festa, I say everyone should do a playthrough of any version of DQ3! :p
if you think erdrick is going to make me any more interested in DQ than I already am, then to that I say:

Played dragon quest 2 or 3 for the GBC back in the day, it was painfully boring and I wished I was playing pokemon instead.

D

Deleted member

Is Dragon Quest III even that easily accessible?
The mobile port is actually quite good, but if that's not your thing then you can play the fan translation of the SNES version.
Mobile is the most up to date and consistent with the current series (SNES fan translation uses a lot of different names for spells, locations, etc) but they're the same game.

D

Deleted member

So is K. Rool.

Must be something to do with running around naked in a cape.
Oh, so when K. Rool does it’s he’s celebrated as a beloved fan-favourite, but when I do it, it’s “public indecency” and “breaking the law” smh

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh, so when K. Rool does it’s he’s celebrated as a beloved fan-favourite, but when I do it, it’s “public indecency” and “breaking the law” smh
I just imagined Sigma waltzing around with nothing but his cape on, exposing all of his mechanical innards.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I just imagined Sigma waltzing around with nothing but his cape on, exposing all of his mechanical innards.
Well, considering this bonus image in the Mega Man X Collection:
It seems reploids have skin behind their attires, so Sigma would probably not expose his innards if naked.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hey what if Geno gets announced and it turns out we've been pronouncing his name all wrong the whole time and it's actually "Geh-no"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It seems reploids have skin behind their attires, so Sigma would probably not expose his innards if naked.
Well I guess if Reploids are supposed to coexist with humans and act like humans, then skin would probably be needed. But I don't know, Sigma has had so many different versions of himself, I figure he would just skip all of the more function-less stuff like synthetic skin when he keeps making more of himself. Would make the process a bit more efficient.
Hey what if Geno gets announced and it turns out we've been pronouncing his name all wrong the whole time and it's actually "Geh-no"
Then everyone is going to lose there minds. Thankfully, it was pronounced Gee-no when his costume was introduced.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The 5 minutes after you posted this until Earl posted that it was officially pronounced Geno were perhaps the scariest moments of my life

D

Deleted member

sigma’s pretty daddy tbh
So Erdrick seems like he would play with a mix of sword and magic. If he gets in I hope he uses his shield a lot, link doesn’t really use it much.

StormC

Smash Hero
I remember when the first gameplay footage of K. Rool emerged and everyone was freaking out when the announcer said "King Kruel."

It took a bit until people realized that was just the Japanese version.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Come on, let's not be like that. Mockery over understandably upset fans is pretty tasteless, especially since this was directly after Fatman's post.
Not mockery at all. I genuinely feel bad, and I thought that he was a shoo in for the game. I mean, I get wanting a seemingly unrealistic character and then it seems possible only to get a smack in the balls. Happened with Isaac, is currently happening again with Sora I'd say.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Do you know how unbearable it is to look back over the past 4 pages and see y'all acting like that leak has a Very Solid Big Chance at being real
THE GRANBLUE FANTASY TEAM AND THE PERSONA 5 ARENA TEAM WOULD BE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT....
Why do you think P4AU and GG:REV are entirely different games graphics and mechanics wise? Because even though they're Arcsys games, two entirely different teams work on these games.

P5AU being delayed due to the GBF fighter is nonsensical.

Also why are we suddenly trusting any leakers again, especially Hitagi? I defended Verge HARD back before the DLC times began but Verge and Hitagi have shown themselves to have false info and little idea of the actual DLC.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Do you know how unbearable it is to look back over the past 4 pages and see y'all acting like that leak has a Very Solid Big Chance at being real
THE GRANBLUE FANTASY TEAM AND THE PERSONA 5 ARENA TEAM WOULD BE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT....
Why do you think P4AU and GG:REV are entirely different games graphics and mechanics wise? Because even though they're Arcsys games, two entirely different teams work on these games.

P5AU being delayed due to the GBF fighter is nonsensical.

Also why are we suddenly trusting any leakers again, especially Hitagi? I defended Verge HARD back before the DLC times began but Verge and Hitagi have shown themselves to have false info and little idea of the actual DLC.
Because Polar came out and explained the reasons behind it, and he and Verge are leaning into it as well. P5A has been going through some weird development as it's been under development for the last year and a half, so it's not completely unreasonable.

Most everything is pointing towards Erdrick.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The mobile versions for Dragon Quest 1-3 are 100% perfectly fine. They're very simple games, only involving moving in 4 directions and navigating menus, and since they're in your phone with you, it's easy to raise your levels by one or two when you're in someone's car or waiting for your food at a diner to be prepared.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Something about the recent leak seems off though.

I mean sure, the Granblue game wasn't revealed yet, but Hitagi already said that. Could've just been bandwagoning?

The only problem is though if the Joker model leaks are correct, then his model hasn't even been COLORED yet, so how would this guy know aspects of the character's movesets or stages like Slime and Jack Frost coming out and the exact locations of the stages? I mean I'm sure that's all planned out beforehand but is that really something an average leaker can get their hands on?

i'm not counting Erdrick out, but that leak seems sketchy to me. If someone could prove me wrong, then gladly I'll take your word for it.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think the DLC season is a different ball game. Verg swore the SE rep would be shown first, but that didn't happen. I don't doubt the legitimacy of his sources, but I think our so-called insider knowledge might be lesser during DLC winter
That's kind of the point I have been trying to go with. I think at some point we need to just not jump the gun on Erdrick so soon. There wasn't a single correct guess at DLC during Smash 4. The only characters we got right were Ryu and Roy because of a poorly timed patch revealing character information. But not a single person knew guessed that Mewtwo, Lucas, Cloud, Corrin or Bayonetta were coming into the game.

What makes this a little more interesting is that we have been hearing about a Square Enix character to be in Smash Bros since August. (From Vergeben) So I can imagine that there are three direct paths to it.

1) It is in fact Erdrick. Given that he has appeared as one of the seven names floating around (I am going to keep that in effect due to being heard around the same time.) It wouldn't surprise me if the someone would know what is in development for him.

2) The character is Geno. This one seems a little bias but Geno seems at this point to be the character with the next best odds behind Erdrick. Having his name actually mentioned within NOA also helps but that source has also self admitted to not fully know until a day before the direct. Geno is also the one character that would seem to fit within the project plan for Smash Bros but him being pushed back could be a result of the Square Enix negotiations for DLC which also involved Cloud. This can be counter argued with Joker since he was a character that made his appearance well in the middle of the initial project plan.

3) It is any of the other on The List of Seven. Any of those seven have a shot at this point but not as likely as the other two. I'm suspect to believe "being heard the most equals most likely" just due to the very idea of trying to keep secrecy within the company. Square Enix isn't working on the character and it is very unlikely that they will have many internal employees being apart of the character design process. Since we truly do not know or cannot confirm anything either way, I am also willing to say that the idea that 'Sora is not the character' is bunk for now. He seems the least likely already but I don't want to take the chance to really call a character and claim that he is in or out. So I am willing to at least leave him on the table as well.

4) The Square Enix character is a white elephant. This seems pretty unlikely due to how adamant everyone and their mom has been about Square Enix having a character is but who really knows.

This is my current mindset right now.

(I will be editing this post to make minor clarifications/edits as we go on)

D

Deleted member

Super Mario RPG is actually an elaborate artistic interpretation of a coming out story.
I understand what mallow represents, but what’s Exor? The piercing realisation through your heart that your not comfortable with your sexuality?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I understand what mallow represents, but what’s Exor? The piercing realisation through your heart that your not comfortable with your sexuality?
Think of Bowser's castle as- actually we shouldn't talk about that on a children safe website.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Something about the recent leak seems off though.

I mean sure, the Granblue game wasn't revealed yet, but Hitagi already said that. Could've just been bandwagoning?

The only problem is though if the Joker model leaks are correct, then his model hasn't even been COLORED yet, so how would this guy know aspects of the character's movesets or stages like Slime and Jack Frost coming out and the exact locations of the stages? I mean I'm sure that's all planned out beforehand but is that really something an average leaker can get their hands on?

i'm not counting Erdrick out, but that leak seems sketchy to me. If someone could prove me wrong, then gladly I'll take your word for it.
Joker model leaks?

D

Deleted member

Think of Bowser's castle as- actually we shouldn't talk about that on a children safe website.
Think of bowser’s castle as the poo-poo and exor as the pee-pee

Living life on the edge baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wait a minute..! Maybe there is more truth to this interpretation than we first thought...
(Spoiler for slightly big image. It's PG, trust me)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Because Polar came out and explained the reasons behind it, and he and Verge are leaning into it as well. P5A has been going through some weird development as it's been under development for the last year and a half, so it's not completely unreasonable.

Most everything is pointing towards Erdrick.
Can you get me caught up? Where have Polar and Verge said this?

Also; P5A being delayed isn't too unreasonable. But P5A being delayed due to the GBF fighter as the leak claims IS unreasonable.

(thanks for the future catching up if possible TPC <3)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Someone leaked Joker's model. It's very early in development. Like all but the head is in color. Could also be fake, but it seems pretty convincing to me.
Is it that picture taken on a Switch, with Joker vs. Incineroar, and the stock icon and his portrait are just a "j," while Joker's shadow looks like the light engine messed up?

Last edited:
Top Bottom