• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
All they said was that Simon performed better in the Ballot than we thought, and that K. Rool's ballot popularity is what got Nintendo to get their head out of their *****.
Sakurai did say he and the team didn't know about King K. Rool's popularity until the fighter ballot, nothing new.

My problem with Sora is the content he would bring along, we know how few FF(7) things we have in Ultimate, but with KH you bring in Disney, which could make things better (by giving us more stuff) or worse (making it somehow less or turning it into a Disney advertisement).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And yes, that DOES include Geno! He's all over Smash YouTube. You look at any "predictions" or "hopes" video, someone brings up Geno. His name is out there in a lot of the public's eye just via that, and he has the benefit of the Cool Factor. But just because he has a shot doesn't mean someone like literally anyone else on that list doesn't. It's what makes this so tricky and exciting - every single character on the list can be argued for and SHOULD be argued for.
But Smash youtube is still niche in of itself. There is a case to be made for large Youtubers like Alpharad advocating for Geno and introducing him to a larger audience, but that audience is still into gaming enough to seek out and watch gaming-focused Youtube channels.

It's like breaking out of a small bowl into a slightly larger bowl, while the ocean is right outside your window. It's progress, but not significant.
Sakurai did say he and the team didn't know about King K. Rool's popularity until the fighter ballot, nothing new.

My problem with Sora is the content he would bring along, we know how few FF(7) things we have in Ultimate, but with KH you bring in Disney, which could make things better (by giving us more stuff) or worse (making it somehow less or turning it into a Disney advertisement).
Sora could VERY EASILY bring nothing but original Kingdom Hearts content.

Have his stage be Destiny Islands or Twilight Town, both of which are iconic series locations, and assist trophies/people to be in his final Smash could be Riku, Kairi, Lea/Axel, etc.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Before we get so angry over who the SE rep is. We really need to stop and realize how great this game is before saying such and such character will ruin the DLC or would be a nightmare. Do we still not get that every character is coming back? Not just that, but there are several new challengers and a story mode! I mean everything we have asked Sakurai for he delivered, and its so sad to see people saying well if this character gets in Smash is ruined. This poor legend of a man is trying his best to please everyone, its a shame people are not more grateful. Even if I don't get the Square rep I want ill be grateful, even if Ken wasn't in this game I still would be grateful. We are getting above and beyond, and we really need to stop with all the character hate. We may not like that certain character thats fine, but that does not mean everyone does not like them. We really need to be more understanding of this as a Smash Community.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Curious question.

I wonder if Nintendo is using the ballot outside of Smash? When the Switch came out, there has been DLC that has been kind of appealing.

Is it possible they looked at the ballot and went "Oh, is this what they actually want?"

IDK just something that came to mind.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Before we get so angry over who the SE rep is. We really need to stop and realize how great this game is before saying such and such character will ruin the DLC or would be a nightmare. Do we still not get that every character is coming back? Not just that, but there are several new challengers and a story mode! I mean everything we have asked Sakurai for he delivered, and its so sad to see people saying well if this character gets in Smash is ruined. This poor legend of a man is trying his best to please everyone, its a shame people are not more grateful. Even if I don't get the Square rep I want ill be grateful, even if Ken wasn't in this game I still would be grateful. We are getting above and beyond, and we really need to stop with all the character hate. We may not like that a certain character thats fine, but that does not mean everyone does not like them. We really need to be more understanding of this as a Smash Community.
And thus was the prayer before dinner.

Amen.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
But Smash youtube is still niche in of itself. There is a case to be made for large Youtubers like Alpharad advocating for Geno and introducing him to a larger audience, but that audience is still into gaming enough to participate in gaming Youtube communities.

It's like breaking out of a small bowl into a slightly larger bowl, while the ocean is right outside the window. It's progress, but not significant.
And that's a fair point. I don't think most people spend their time watching full SourceGaming RTC or GameXplain videos for fun. That said, I do think that if you were to search for Smash news on YouTube, which a lot of people (especially kids) do, you're going to run into at least one video predicting it. I don't think my ten year old next door neighbor would've been absolutely convinced Decidueye was coming to Smash when he picked Litten as his starter if that side of gaming YouTube didn't have some influence.

I mean I'm still Crono first Sephiroth second based on personal bias, but there are a lot of interesting factors to consider.

D

Deleted member

Before we get so angry over who the SE rep is. We really need to stop and realize how great this game is before saying such and such character will ruin the DLC or would be a nightmare. Do we still not get that every character is coming back? Not just that, but there are several new challengers and a story mode! I mean everything we have asked Sakurai for he delivered, and its so sad to see people saying well if this character gets in Smash is ruined. This poor legend of a man is trying his best to please everyone, its a shame people are not more grateful. Even I don't get the Square rep I want ill be grateful, even if Ken wasn't in this game I still would be grateful. We are getting above and beyond, and we really need to stop with all the character hate. We may not like that a certain character thats fine, but that does not mean everyone does not like them. We really need to be more understanding of this as a Smash Community.
I really don't get why people take the roster itself this seriously. The base game roster is already fantastic, I would be fine even if we got no post-launch characters other than the plant. At the end of the day, EVERYONE can find a character they like at this point, but people have to accept that absolutely nothing is a guarantee in leaks or speculation. I feel like I'm coming off as totally confident about a DQ character but I'm trying to keep myself levelheaded over the whole thing.

neus

Smash Rookie
Made an account after reading through this thread, and I gotta say that all you have the patience of a saint.

It baffles me when people act like Nintendo has disrespected fans for not including certain characters after they put both K. Rool and Ridley into the base rosters.

That being said, I've always looked at DLC as something companies use to promote sales of the game, and to entice players to return. Which means Nintendo is going to look at it globally when choosing their DLC choices. DQ definitely does not have the same effect in North America as it does in Japan. But the smash bros scene is bigger in North American than it is in Japan. It makes sense to put a DQ DLC character to bring in the Japanese crowd.

All 7 of the Square Enix names make sense to me, they all have good reasons for being a candidate. Personally I don't like the thought of having fodder mobs from third party games making its way into the game as DLC (aka DQ Slime). I feel like the spot should go to a more important characters from their series

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
But Smash youtube is still niche in of itself. There is a case to be made for large Youtubers like Alpharad advocating for Geno and introducing him to a larger audience, but that audience is still into gaming enough to seek out and watch gaming-focused Youtube channels.

It's like breaking out of a small bowl into a slightly larger bowl, while the ocean is right outside your window. It's progress, but not significant.

Sora could VERY EASILY bring nothing but original Kingdom Hearts content.

Have his stage be Destiny Islands or Twilight Town, both of which are iconic series locations, and assist trophies/people to be in his final Smash could be Riku, Kairi, Lea/Axel, etc.
EXACTLY, he doesn't NEED the Disney elements that much for Smash. All he need for content are the stuff that's original to Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts alone. KH has tons of iconic original locations that can work as a stage, its has original music that's not Disney related. The Disney stuff are basically backdrops to just further the plot of Kingdom Hearts. You don't need any Disney stuff to make Sora work for Smash. I've seen several Youtubers that came up with great ideas on how Kingdom Hearts can be represented in Smash, without Disney even being involved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Made an account after reading through this thread, and I gotta say that all you have the patience of a saint.

It baffles me when people act like Nintendo has disrespected fans for not including certain characters after they put both K. Rool and Ridley into the base rosters.

That being said, I've always looked at DLC as something companies use to promote sales of the game, and to entice players to return. Which means Nintendo is going to look at it globally when choosing their DLC choices. DQ definitely does not have the same effect in North America as it does in Japan. But the smash bros scene is bigger in North American than it is in Japan. It makes sense to put a DQ DLC character to bring in the Japanese crowd.

All 7 of the Square Enix names make sense to me, they all have good reasons for being a candidate. Personally I don't like the thought of having fodder mobs from third party games making its way into the game as DLC (aka DQ Slime). I feel like the spot should go to a more important characters from their series
If the Slime does get in, there is actually a surprising amount they could draw from. There's a whole trilogy of games on the DS that are all about just slimes (Rocket Slime is the second in it and the only localized one) that definetely flesh their capabilities out.

Calane

Smash Ace
What can Erdrick and Luminary do in terms of moveset?
Well, Erdrick would most likely be based around the abilities common to DQ's iconic "Hero Class", a class he actually invented when he hit the scene in DQ3. Their most iconic attacks and spells tend to focus around lightning, but the Heroes are capable of a lot of different spells and skills as well (especially if they pull from things added to the "Hero Class" after DQ3).

Erdrick was the one who started the convention of DQ Heroes being known for lightning based attacks (well, not all of them, but the ones who share and build upon Erdrick's original abilities), so they would have to include his iconic "Zap" spells which work in tiers [Zap, Kazap, & Kazapple].
DQ3_Spell_Kazap.png In Smash, I imagine it'd act sort of like Pikachu's "Thunder" move, except it'd fall in front of Erdrick and could be charged in order to strengthen the spell.

Moving on, Erdrick would also probably have access to Kaclang (another spell he introduced to the series). It basically turns him into solid metal, making him immune to all attacks for a short period of time. However, he's also unable to act during it.
DQIII_Kaclang.png In Smash, I'd imagine this spell acting sort of like a more defensive version of Kirby's "Stone" attack. It probably wouldn't do much damage landing on people, but would instead be used to quickly shield yourself from harm (though you'd obviously be able to cancel it anytime you wanted due to Smash lacking "turns"). To balance it, I'd probably make Erdrick able to be picked up like a Crate (though he'd break free as soon as the spell wears off on its own), this making it so you'd have to use it wisely.

You also have other spells like "Sizzle" (which would probably act like a wave of fire rolling across the stage), "Boom" (which would cause an explosion), "Snooze" (which would put enemies to sleep), and a plethora of other spells you could potentially include. There's a lot you can do with Erdrick, so the possibilities are quite substantial.

Of course, they'd have to include one of the series' most iconic attacks, "Gigaslash", in some way. Basically, whenever it appears in the games, it's an extremely powerful attack in which they slash their enemies with a "blade of holy electricity". It's pretty cool, and there's an even more powerful version of the attack called "Gigagash" as well.

This is probably what Erdrick's Final Smash would be like:

I think that paints a good enough picture for some of the things Erdrick/Luminary could do, so i'll stop here.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

First off welcome to the thread and SmashBoards N neus were glad you are here. Im A.G.L. which is short for Anime Gaming Lifting, and I just realized saying that most people did not know that ha.

Excellent points, I agree most companies do use DLC as a way to promote the sales of a game. And also agree Nintendo and Square will look globally when choosing their picks. I agree if DQ was put in it would give it the Fire Emblem affect, which could lead to it being popular in the West. I am not DQ's biggest supporter, but I admit this would be a very smart move for both Square and Nintendo.

neus

Smash Rookie
I haven't gotten the chance to play a DQ game personally, but I get that slime is a popular figure. Its more like my mentality of thinking that unique characters/bosses seems like a proper choice versus an enemy that you encounter multiple times while walking in the overworld.

D

Deleted member

I haven't gotten the chance to play a DQ game personally, but I get that slime is a popular figure. Its more like my mentality of thinking that unique characters/bosses seems like a proper choice versus an enemy that you encounter multiple times while walking in the overworld.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, lol
I think the main thing Slime going for it is that they're in every DQ game, whereas the series protagonists are only there once (with the exception of Erdrick, 1-3 and 11 is pretty much his saga).

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And that's a fair point. I don't think most people spend their time watching full SourceGaming RTC or GameXplain videos for fun. That said, I do think that if you were to search for Smash news on YouTube, which a lot of people (especially kids) do, you're going to run into at least one video predicting it. I don't think my ten year old next door neighbor would've been absolutely convinced Decidueye was coming to Smash when he picked Litten as his starter if that side of gaming YouTube didn't have some influence.

I mean I'm still Crono first Sephiroth second based on personal bias, but there are a lot of interesting factors to consider.
That's a really good example. To be completely honest I can agree with you there.

My only question is that, given exposure, how many people do you think will take action on that, and how many people will stick with the game and then go on to support Geno?

Like, many years ago I tried Super Mario RPG (I was going around and playing the games of different Smash hopefuls if I recall correctly) and I couldn't even get to when Mallow was recruited, let alone Geno due to the save features within the game forcing me to redo around an hour's worth of content after dying to a mook fight. Young me didn't want to put up with that ****, so I dropped the game and haven't played it since. From that, while I gained the exposure to Geno and I acted on it, the aging of the game made me promptly drop it, and therefore I do not support Geno.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question: outside of the Mushroom for Geno and FF for Sephiroth, what symbols would you predict for Sora, Crono, and DQ? For example, could Slime be the series icon for DQ if Erdrick or Luminary is selected?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
First off welcome to the thread and SmashBoards N neus were glad you are here. Im A.G.L. which is short for Anime Gaming Lifting, and I just realized saying that most people did not know that ha.

Excellent points, I agree most companies do use DLC as a way to promote the sales of a game. And also agree Nintendo and Square will look globally when choosing their picks. I agree if DQ was put in it would give it the Fire Emblem affect, which could lead to it being popular in the West. I am not DQ's biggest supporter, but I admit this would be a very smart move for both Square and Nintendo.
Those are some solid hobbies man. Me too.
Here's a question: outside of the Mushroom for Geno and FF for Sephiroth, what symbols would you predict for Sora, Crono, and DQ? For example, could Slime be the series icon for DQ if Erdrick or Luminary is selected?
Sora's would either be the Kingdom Hearts Crown or Heart symbols. Maybe both together like this:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That's a really good example. To be completely honest I can agree with you there.

My only question is that, given exposure, how many people do you think will take action on that, and how many people will stick with the game?

Like, many years ago I tried Super Mario RPG (I was going around and playing the games of different Smash hopefuls if I recall correctly) and I couldn't even get to when Mallow was recruited, let alone Geno due to the save features within the game forcing me to redo around an hour's worth of content after dying to a mook fight. Young me didn't want to put up with that ****, so I dropped the game and haven't played it since. From that, while I gained the exposure to Geno and I acted on it, the aging of the game made me promptly drop it, and therefore I do not support Geno.
Personally, I've preferred watching SMRPG to actually playing it. Great game, but I'll take Paper Mario any day. Not to bash, of course.

I think there's a point to be taken from your example for sure. Every other character has something to...maybe not advertise, but experience...except Crono and Geno. Sephiroth has FF7 on Switch coming soon, plus icon status. DQ has a brand new game, plus the Switch has the Builders games now and the 3DS has DQ8. You can play every KH game six ways from Sunday. Geno has...the SNES Classic, which is still something. Crono doesn't...really have much other than the Steam port.

Then again, maybe instead of selling the classic game, the hope is that Geno will sell as an Amiibo to the point that it makes sense to put him in future titles such as Mario Kart? This is getting too hypothetical for me.

RIP crono tho

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well, Erdrick would most likely be based around the abilities common to DQ's iconic "Hero Class", a class he actually invented when he hit the scene in DQ3. Their most iconic attacks and spells tend to focus around lightning, but the Heroes are capable of a lot of different spells and skills as well (especially if they pull from things added to the "Hero Class" after DQ3).

Erdrick was the one who started the convention of DQ Heroes being known for lightning based attacks (well, not all of them, but the ones who share and build upon Erdrick's original abilities), so they would have to include his iconic "Zap" spells which work in tiers [Zap, Kazap, & Kazapple].
View attachment 181757 In Smash, I imagine it'd act sort of like Pikachu's "Thunder" move, except it'd fall in front of Erdrick and could be charged in order to strengthen the spell.

Moving on, Erdrick would also probably have access to Kaclang (another spell he introduced to the series). It basically turns him into solid metal, making him immune to all attacks for a short period of time. However, he's also unable to act during it.
View attachment 181762 In Smash, I'd imagine this spell acting sort of like a more defensive version of Kirby's "Stone" attack. It probably wouldn't do much damage landing on people, but would instead be used to quickly shield yourself from harm (though you'd obviously be able to cancel it anytime you wanted due to Smash lacking "turns"). To balance it, I'd probably make Erdrick able to be picked up like a Crate (though he'd break free as soon as the spell wears off on its own), this making it so you'd have to use it wisely.

You also have other spells like "Sizzle" (which would probably act like a wave of fire rolling across the stage), "Boom" (which would cause an explosion), "Snooze" (which would put enemies to sleep), and a plethora of other spells you could potentially include. There's a lot you can do with Erdrick, so the possibilities are quite substantial.

Of course, they'd have to include one of the series' most iconic attacks, "Gigaslash", in some way. Basically, whenever it appears in the games, it's an extremely powerful attack in which they slash their enemies with a "blade of holy electricity". It's pretty cool, and there's an even more powerful version of the attack called "Gigagash" as well.

This is probably what Erdrick's Final Smash would be like:

I think that paints a good enough picture for some of the things Erdrick/Luminary could do, so i'll stop here.
That would be a pretty epic Final Smash so you won't here me complaining. Glad to see you on here Calane Calane , you really helped me see how DQ music is really great. Out of curiosity given that Square usually only allows 2-3 songs with their DLC's which songs do you think they would choose for say Erdrick?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I know about people with the opinion that the lack of Disney-made content in Smash would be a misrepresentation of the franchise; but what do I know, I never played KH. But if FF didn't get an assist trophy or equipable spirits, I think it's extremely unlikely to see another KH character outside from Sora if he's in.
As I don't see Slime being playable I'd say it has the best shot as the franchise symbol, anything's logo must aspire to be iconic like Slime itself, it's perfect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DQ symbol would be the Mark of Erdrick, it's probably the one symbol that represents the series the most.
KH is also pretty easy, I think it would be the heart logo that's used on the cover of most KH games.
Chrono Trigger is a bit tougher to think of. Maybe some sort of iconography based on a clock?

Last edited by a moderator:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Those are some solid hobbies man. Me too.

Sora's would either be the Kingdom Hearts Crown or Heart symbols. Maybe both together like this:

Thanks Im actually a studying to be a CSCS which is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Which is a fancy term for a trainer with a bachelors degree. I wanted to incorporate all three areas of interest. As usually anime and gaming is not associated with being a trainer or being fit, which is why I chose this name.

Also agree on that logo for Sora.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

My only question is that, given exposure, how many people do you think will take action on that, and how many people will stick with the game and then go on to support Geno?

I understand where your coming from. I also don't have that growing up affinity with Geno or Super Mario RPG. I didn't get to play the game up until the Brawl days of speculation. It was one of those games, my cousin forgot to give to me, when he was giving away his old consoles to me back when I was in elementary school (also I was in high school during speculation of Brawl). The only reason was because people kept bringing this game up a lot during this period, and I was curious, and I didn't complete it back then neither. It really wasn't till SNES classic for me to actually play it properly, and I liked it but, it's nothing to go gaga over. It honestly aged horribly (if I had to be honest here). Maybe it's because I just don't have an attachment to the game, and I don't care. And really my favorite character from that game is really Mallow, who is a good boy.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I know about people with the opinion that the lack of Disney-made content in Smash would be a misrepresentation of the franchise; but what do I know, I never played KH. But if FF didn't get an assist trophy or equipable spirits, I think it's extremely unlikely to see another KH character outside from Sora if he's in.
The Disney aspect of Kingdom Hearts takes a backseat to the Kingdom Hearts aspect, which is the main story of the game.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is especially guilty of this as the Disney worlds serve primarily as a backdrop for the story to play out and you don't really do much in them, unlike Kingdom Hearts 1 where Sora is involved in each of the worlds and even deviating a bit from the original plots of the movies.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Chrono Trigger could just be the C from the logotype. For example:

Yeah, if anything it would probably be that... I can't believe I didn't think of it LOL

Calane

Smash Ace
That would be a pretty epic Final Smash so you won't here me complaining. Glad to see you on here Calane Calane , you really helped me see how DQ music is really great. Out of curiosity given that Square usually only allows 2-3 songs with their DLC's which songs do you think they would choose for say Erdrick?
Instead of just picking the ones I'd want them to, I'll instead try to go for the ones I think would be most likely.

1: Overture
2: DQ3's Battle Theme
3: Adventure

That's what I think, anyway.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hmmm GoeGoe GoeGoe thinks its Neku and he may have a point. Aside from Geno, Neku is the next easiest Square pick that doesn't have all the legal issues. Also his game is already on the Switch. (I summon thee GoeGoe GoeGoe to provide more of a reason why Neku would be the best choice, as thou are more knowledgable of Neku) :p

I personally think its DQ character or Sora as that makes Square the most money off of cross promotion, which they love.

I like to also throw in Geno is not out of the running, he may get a game remaster from the Octopath team that is making Square remasters on the Switch. If this is the case then Square can cross promote off of him, which they love doing.
POOF.. I'm here.. but so late XD
Well I'll put this first, I'm not at all that knowledgeable of TWEWYl. The reasons you've put are part of it. I do say I'm leaning towards Geno being the first candidate, but if not it's probably Neku, for reasons I'll add to your reasons, that he might be the "rhythm"character that's been talked about for so long, not a Rhythm Heaven one. Also, one of the leakers said the Square rep game will win an award in best genre.. that's a hard win for Geno, Somewhat to DQ and an easy one for TWEWY. Besides, it's the only character no leaker have mentioned.

Umm, I don't think they'll consider remastering MarioRPG ever, it's a really really hard call.

Edit: Oh man, again, I thought I was in the main public thread :p This is so Jibanyan luck X)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, good thing this got made. For what it’s worth, I think Sora’s the likeliest and kinda my favorite, but I do think Geno deserves it more since this is Smash ‘we held a ballot’ Ultimate. I see Crono as the character that would simultaneously surprise me and hype me to the moon.

I still find this place wholly unnecessary tbh; and think ya'll just want a place to bash Geno and not get called out for it.
Nobody’s bashed Geno yet.
Okay but like..... you can get all this from Robin. And Lloyd is BUILT around duel wielding.
No you can’t. Axes, boomerangs, shields Robin and Lloyd got none of those. Besides, it’s not like magic wielders and double wielders are heavily represented archetypes in Smash, there’s room enough for two movesets.

Are you trying to say Nintendo wouldn't look at the ballot?
They haven’t so far.

Well, that’s not completely true. They looked at number 1, it was K. Rool, then they called it a day.
Just cause they created it; doesn't mean it's good. Adventure might have created Adventure game's, but would anyone say it holds a candle to somthing like Skyrim? Seniority does not equal Superiority
You’re entitled to your own opinion, but Dragon Quest games are usually very well received (DQ11 is nominated for RPG of the year tomorrow). I’d argue that some of them are amongst the best RPGs there are.

But hey, if you played them and disliked them, it’s cool.

Also Adventure is awesome.

If the Slime does get in, there is actually a surprising amount they could draw from. There's a whole trilogy of games on the DS that are all about just slimes (Rocket Slime is the second in it and the only localized one) that definetely flesh their capabilities out.
Rocket Slime rules.

For Crono, probably the C from the logo. For DQ, maybe Slime? Unless it’s the playable character, then... dunno.

Calane

Smash Ace
I say it'd be the Erdrick symbol for DQ:

2GTaBFJ.png

Slime would work great as well.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Just wanted to throw this out here, the one Amiibo that really matters. It’s really nice Sakurai is getting some fan appreciation and he even tweeted a response. You can tell that he appreciated it.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
POOF.. I'm here.. but so late XD
Well I'll put this first, I'm not at all that knowledgeable of TWEWYl. The reasons you've put are part of it. I do say I'm leaning towards Geno being the first candidate, but if not it's probably Neku, for reasons I'll add to your reasons, that he might be the "rhythm"character that's been talked about for so long, not a Rhythm Heaven one. Also, one of the leakers said the Square rep game will win an award in best genre.. that's a hard win for Geno, Somewhat to DQ and an easy one for TWEWY. Besides, it's the only character no leaker have mentioned.

Umm, I don't think they'll consider remastering MarioRPG ever, it's a really really hard call.

Edit: Oh man, again, I thought I was in the main public thread :p This is so Jibanyan luck X)
Thanks for responding buddy sorry I keep having you pop up in different threads ha. It’s true he’s not one of the seven SE reps which is odd I would have thought he would be one of the candidates at least. I mean 3 DQ’s and Sephiroth, but not Neku seems a bit odd to me.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
DQ's symbol woukd definitley be slime imo. it's too iconic compared to those other symbols to not be it

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Thanks for responding buddy sorry I keep having you pop up in different threads ha. It’s true he’s not one of the seven SE reps which is odd I would have thought he would be one of the candidates at least. I mean 3 DQ’s and Sephiroth, but not Neku seems a bit odd to me.
It's ok. This is all but speculation however.
Edit:hmm, there're no nominated SE games but Octopath!

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Do you think we will get any DLC news today buddy at The Game Awards? And if not what are you most excited to see?
Oh I really feel we'll be getting something Smash. It's been hinted a lot, and It's not wise to miss this chance. As I said, I personally don't think I'll pay a dime before I know what the DLCs are. Excited about? hmm, I'd love it if Mega Man 11 won the Action genre, and well, I want to know what are the 10 never announced before games (some say one of them is Mortal Kombat 11).. and I'd like if they showed us some footage of the new Battletoads game. Oh I wish one of'em is the MS rep X)

neus

Smash Rookie
I just want a DLC character reveal in general, even if its not one of the 7. Something to keep fueling the hype

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Oh I really feel we'll be getting something Smash. It's been hinted a lot, and It's not wise to miss this chance. As I said, I personally don't think I'll pay a dime before I know what the DLCs are. Excited about? hmm, I'd love it if Mega Man 11 won the Action genre, and well, I want to know what are the 10 never announced before games (some say one of them is Mortal Kombat 11).. and I'd like if they showed us some footage of the new Battletoads game. Oh I wish one of'em is the MS rep X)
Ah a Battletoads game, I knew you had quality taste my friend :). I actually think we may get the first DLC revealed seems like the signs are pointing to it, but it might just be a Metroid prime trilogy.

I’m hoping to see what Square’s Avengers game looks like. I think we might get an Avengers 4 trailer also, the Russo brothers there is too much of a coincidence. I hope we get the Spyro Reignited Trilogy trilogy released for the Switch or at least a date. I also hope we get a release date for both Fire Emblem Three Houses and Daimon X Machina. Finally I hope they are making a new Goemon game!

Top Bottom