• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
There may be some boss-themes that I don't remember the tune to, plus they could just use new tracks from Luigi's Mansion 3 (while they may have decided on characters whom were created earlier, they don't seem hesitant to use them for advertising).
TBH, King Boo would be the best "promo pick".

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Personally if it's true that they're not going for characters who were created past 2014 (or 2016 at the latest), and this is why Rex is just a mii costume, I wouldn't be surprised if Edelgard or a Gen 8 Pokemon aren't part of the Fighters Pass.

King Boo sounds more-likely now.
You are missing something important though.
A) This is DLC we are talking about
B) DLC was just recently finished with its choices. They didn't choose them all during the production of the base game
C) If they want DLC to be promotional, Rex makes no sense considering his game came out last year, an FE TH rep does.

Last edited:

xenother

Smash Apprentice
Just an FYI, Jump Festa is tonight. I've linked a youtube stream of the main stage. Dragon Quest XI section (the one with the special guest) is going to be 50 minutes long, but I believe that there will be more DQ stuff in the following hour or so. Tune in at 9PST/12EST to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCGTNPAx2MU

Still no update on if there will be a Smash reveal tonight.

Unrelated, but I've heard that there will be some new DBFZ info shown at Jump Festa.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It's hard to confirm what he had videos of or who posted what, but I did see a video that talks about a character model of Joker. Might be old news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zglNi1sUmiQ

I'm inclined to believe this leak, as it makes too much sense. New FE character that promotes the next game, but different enough to not be another Marth clone. A neat Metroid character that no one expected. Joker which is already confirmed. It still leaves some leeway which reps will be square and microsoft, but they makes sense, because both of those companies have been known to be on board with it. (plus microsoft has no reps so far.)

Think about it, that person has to accurately guess Joker AND have a list that makes absolute sense. If its fake, its the absolute best thought out fake I've seen. The Nintendo reps already decided what their reps should be. The other two are probably still being decided, as they have to work with the companies in question to figure who and how that character will be implemented.
Let us never forget that the ever infamous Grinch leak was a thing.

Not only that, but this leak would clash with the one involving Erdrick which ones, at least one if not both are fake. If I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with the Erdrick one as that at least leaves the remaining spots open for more interesting and Wright picks.

Objectively speaking, the one that suggests a port of Persona 5 to the Switch while still obvious, still has more going for it.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Even if the DQ in Smash rumor does pan out, I really wouldn't expect to hear anything so soon. If the DLC release window goes into 2020 as they said, then I would imagine the reveals would be spaced out a lot further.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
So who is going to stay up for the Dragon Quest event? I can't, need my sleep for work tomorrow.
Oh no, I believe it wont have anything.
Also hell, that stuff is pretty much during midnight in timezone.
I have some days free but even I enjoy having a questionably decent sleep schedule.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You are missing something important though.
A) This is DLC we are talking about
B) DLC was just recently finished with its choices. They didn't choose them all during the production of the base game
C) If they want DLC to be promotional, Rex makes no sense considering his game came out last year, an FE TH rep does.
Works for me; I know decisions were finished recently, I just remember a rumor about how only characters created during 2014 or before were considered (though this was also part of the whole Lloyd and Yuri thing).

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Reggie is a master of PR talk. Of course, he is going to say "must have" when they literally put out someone like Joker in hope to get people to buy the pass. Could it be that everyone ends up being one? Sure... But I would argue that word mean jack **** really.
Reggie wasn't the one who said "must-haves". Please don't mix his words up with others.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I could swear that he did say that at the VGA... but even so.. "Must haves" is a PR talk to say the least

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I could swear that he did say that at the VGA... but even so.. "Must haves" is a PR talk to say the least
Yeah, Reggie while he does say PR, is one of the more genuine managers out there. He didn't say "must haves". That was from some Spanish PR team of Nintendo's. J-Drigo, or something.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Works for me; I know decisions were finished recently, I just remember a rumor about how only characters created during 2014 or before were considered (though this was also part of the whole Lloyd and Yuri thing).
If that's true.. who isn't to say that they did an Incineroar with one of the spots see FE TH for examples.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Hey, been watching different forums for a while and decided to post some information.
Erdrick is in.
Sora is in.
Erdrick is both male and female like Pokémon Trainer and Corrin. Has colors referencing other DQ characters.
Sora has both KH2 and 3 appearance. Keychain is the smash logo. Completely credited under Disney.
I know nothing of stages, music or movesets.
Future reveals will validate this post.
This is fake.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Rumor got BTFO'd by Joker

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
It wouldnt have been 2014. Sakurai did not even finish the base plans until early 2015. If they decided dlc characters early, it would have been late 2015 or early 2016, which both Joker and Erdrick (regarding dq11) fit.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just an FYI, Jump Festa is tonight. I've linked a youtube stream of the main stage. Dragon Quest XI section (the one with the special guest) is going to be 50 minutes long, but I believe that there will be more DQ stuff in the following hour or so. Tune in at 9PST/12EST to watch.

Unrelated, but I've heard that there will be some new DBFZ info shown at Jump Festa.
Thanks!
I Will stay up. Not because of DQ in Smash, precisely, but because I'm starving for DQXIs news!

I hope it includes the extra content from the 3DS! But not getting my hopes up for anything. Just hopefully a release date no farther from Summer 2019.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It wouldnt have been 2014. Sakurai did not even finish the base plans until early 2015. If they decided dlc characters early, it would have been late 2015 or early 2016, which both Joker and Erdrick (regarding dq11) fit.
Alright; yeah, works for me because that gives Steve a chance (assuming they wouldn't consider him 'cause Minecraft wasn't on Nintendo at the time; though I'd also like Banjo-Kazooie too). I just assumed it was that they decided recently but only considered earlier characters for some reason, but I wasn't aware of Joker being newer and so the rumor is dead.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We're all in agreement that if Erdrick is not announced tomorrow, it'll probably be by early Spring given how long Nintendo has been holding this baby and almost everyone agrees that E3's not likely for various reasons. Of course, there's always the small chance of a Japanese Direct like they did with Shulk.

xenother

Smash Apprentice
We're all in agreement that if Erdrick is not announced tomorrow, it'll probably be by early Spring given how long Nintendo has been holding this baby and almost everyone agrees that E3's not likely for various reasons. Of course, there's always the small chance of a Japanese Direct like they did with Shulk.
There's going to be a January direct. Still trying to pin down the date, but it's looking like early January. There's a chance of a reveal there as well. Again, I'm still trying to get the details.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's going to be a January direct. Still trying to pin down the date, but it's looking like early January. There's a chance of a reveal there as well. Again, I'm still trying to get the details.
I know. Polar Panda's source is trying to figure it out too. I'm part of their Discord. Still, before Spring is an extremely safe guess at this point.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Hmmm. Come to think of it. There might be word on that Ace Attorney trilogy's western release date during such a direct......

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
To all of you who say "If you don't like the DLC don't buy it!"

Y'all realize that competitive players don't have the luxury of saying that.

If the DLC is a top tier and they want to win tourneys, they absolutely need to use the best tools in the shed. Like what happened with Bayo and Cloud.

Even if they don't, if the DLC becomes a huge part in the meta, they have to get it for better matchup knowledge.

People who have to set up Tournaments will be forced to get the DLC.
As a competitive player, I am making this sacrifice if we end up getting Sora lol

But I think I might actually get worse if Geno gets in. He will ultimately force me to drop my most successful character but it would be so worth it.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So who is going to stay up for the Dragon Quest event? I can't, need my sleep for work tomorrow.
I certainly will if it's at the start of the event lol.

is that the time for the XI section or the start of the whole event? Just to know i'm not mixing up myself here lol. If it's 12 EST then I guess it will be 1 am EST for me

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Personally I think it's way too soon for another DLC character reveal.

But I'm looking forward to news from DQXI on Switch, and hopefully, a surprise regarding DQXoffline, and DQ Heroes 1•2. If they were to release a compilation of DQ 1~8, I'd lose my mind.

More games coming to mobile would be sweet too.

D

Deleted member

Personally I think it's way too soon for another DLC character reveal.

But I'm looking forward to news from DQXI on Switch, and hopefully, a surprise regarding DQXoffline, and DQ Heroes 1•2. If they were to release a compilation of DQ 1~8, I'd lose my mind.

More games coming to mobile would be sweet too.
Same man. I'd love for more mainline DQ games to make it to Switch.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'm guessing we're gonna get a direct in January, even if Xeno/Polar are totally wrong from their sources. The offer for Piranha Plant ends january 31st, and the character is likely going to be released sometime near there anyway. A january direct makes way too much sense.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Oh ****, I really hope we get a Dragon Quest collection or something if we get Erdrick in, I'd actually love to go play them. Maybe just the first six since those aren't readily available these days.

I've been meaning to play a Dragon Quest game for ages, is there one I should specifically try (Look at me trying to be all ambitious and explore RPGs despite the fact I utterly suck at finishing them...)

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Oh ****, I really hope we get a Dragon Quest collection or something if we get Erdrick in, I'd actually love to go play them. Maybe just the first six since those aren't readily available these days.

I've been meaning to play a Dragon Quest game for ages, is there one I should specifically try (Look at me trying to be all ambitious and explore RPGs despite the fact I utterly suck at finishing them...)
Hmm I say check out DQ8 if you have a 3DS. Plenty of western DQ gamers like myself started with that one and hold it with fond memories. It is why I hope if Erdrick is in and has Alph alts that the DQ8 hero is one of them.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209

DQ4, DQ5, DQ7. DQ8, and DQ11 are all great. DQ3 too because of Erdrick. A few have remakes on 3DS as well.

Top Bottom