• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So… we made a separate thread because talking about the SE list on the geno thread caused drama, yet here we are in such new thread for such specific topic, and we still have geno drama… huh, lol. I have literally skipped pages because it's the same thing over and over again, I barely hear anything about any other character that isn't DQ or Geno, I thought the list was… bigger than that? Just saying.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer You’re acting kinda entitled. Even if Square Enix is aware of the massive demand for Geno, they don’t really owe us anything. Making Geno DLC might make sense (at least it does to us), but so do other picks and if Nintendo/Sakurai/Square Enix decide some other character is better for the bottom line it’s their right to choose.

But damn Luigi The President Luigi The President stop yelling man, you’re not doing ‘the Geno fans’ any favors either.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So uhhh, to try and get distract from this drama, anyone play any good Square-Enix games recently? I've actually been on a bit of a Square kick myself lately, since I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts and I recently started Final Fantasy IX. NieR Automata's another one I've been trying to complete after putting it off for so long.
I hear Octopath is good.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I never said his age excused him for his behavior. I said that he likely grew up with that and that's likely part of the reason he's like that. I was also using his age to point out just how likely it is that he won't really be along all that much longer.

And that's bordering on conspiracy theory territory stuff there with the whole Nintendo being turned down.

Look, I've seen you suggest that this approach doesn't work in the Geno thread before. Can I please ask you to not approach the situation with such hostility and anger? There's a big difference in saying, "Hey, our tactics haven't worked as well as we hoped, let's try something new" and the implications of positive attitudes and respectfulness failing and thus being the core of the issue. That second version is a much more toxic version that will lead to nothing but bad presentation of Geno fans. Going for a non-respectful approach is a sure fired way to make people at best ignore you, and at worst become openly hostile towards you.

This is not a good look for fans of Geno, and while I appreciate your passion, there are much better ways to express it. Geno has always had nothing but an uphill battle, don't make it even harder for him or the fans by making more negative associations with his name.

And for reference Waluigi and Isaac haven't actually worked. Nintendo was bold enough to make a Mother 3 joke in an E3 Direct and still haven't released it. I think that's pretty good proof that "hearing your complaints" means nothing and is pretty often PR talk for "settle down there."
I appreciate you trying to help. I just don't have much more good will left inside me to be honest. It feels like I'm fighting a losing battle everyday.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
So… we made a separate thread because talking about the SE list on the geno thread caused drama, yet here we are in such new thread for such specific topic, and we still have geno drama… huh, lol. I have literally skipped pages because it's the same thing over and over again, I barely hear anything about any other character that isn't DQ or Geno, I thought the list was… bigger than that? Just saying.
Yeah it is. I still think Sephiroth and Vivi are options.

Also I think one of the reps said expect the unexpected so hopefully its not something too painfully obvious.

D

Deleted member

So uhhh, to try and get distract from this drama, anyone play any good Square-Enix games recently? I've actually been on a bit of a Square kick myself lately, since I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts and I recently started Final Fantasy IX. NieR Automata's another one I've been trying to complete after putting it off for so long.
FFIX is awesome. One of my favorite FF games.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So umm... Who is looking forward to KH3?
I certainly am, because I want to know how the story unfolds and because i also want SE to shift their focus to finally FFVII Remake, which they just recently teased to be the main focus on 2019… at last, lol.

D

Deleted member

It's mostly just one clown stirring ****.
And it is, but most of the discussion is centered around a DQ rep (Erdrick specifically) because of how many leakers and insiders are backing him.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Yessss Persona 3 name for the win. I hope P3 gets a remake.

Im mostly just waiting on KH3. I've actually fallen off of SE titles. Funny enough I HAVE a copy of DQ11 a friend of mine gave it to me for the free. And I havent opened it yet lmao

I appreciate you trying to help. I just don't have much more good will left inside me to be honest. It feels like I'm fighting a losing battle everyday.
Yeah well, remember as much as we love him, Geno is a fictional video game character and it was always a crapshoot to get him in. If you need a break, maybe you could bow out of speculation for a while and try to do things that make you happy. Trust me, it'll be a more losing battle if you go to extremes to get him in, and then you'll feel worse. Much love mane.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Just want to let you guys know there is an ignore feature if the posts start getting disruptive. Not saying we should all block each other but it felt like it was about to go crazy in here.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
If I had some more ideas, I'd spend more time explaining why Sephiroth is incredibly likely, and if already had TWEWY: Final Remix, there'd be a chance I'd write on why I want Neku over any of the guys in the list; but with how things are, I just adapt to what there is to discuss.

beans

Smash Lord
I think her mainly iconic guns kind of (hehe) shoot her in the foot there. But I do wonder if Joker will get a gun.

I'm thinking 2B would be SUPER likely given her popularity and Platinum Games is already on board.
We still have Snake with his explosives and Bayonetta with 4 guns on her at the same time.
I dont think its an issue that couldnt be circumvented

If they wanted to do another FF rep I can see Gilgamesh happening. He's pretty much the only recurring character that isnt a creature, and could have a really distinct fighting style if Dissidia is anything to go by.
i want my chocobo
Or a Moogle. Not the weird fat one. The normal one. With a black coat

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm sorry to hear that man, and I know it's frustrating fighting for a character you want. The Smash 4 days of Ridley are always a horrid reminder of how bad things can really get, and that's just something I want to avoid as much as possible.

My advice? Take a break from speculation, enjoy the base game some more and just focus on other things. It's easy to get TOO far into Smash discussion and speculation. Maybe also look into other characters too just so you have other interests that can happen or look at why maybe certain options you've dismissed in the past have more merit than you initially thought. Those two are if you need to still be involved with it. But if it's getting to you, take a break from Geno. Nothing is really likely to change for the forseeable future and, as unfortunate as that may be, it's reality. So, just enjoy everything else you can man. This is just a forum for fun at the end of the day and there seems to be a nice, solid Geno fan base to keep going at any given time.

Anyways. I've been looking at The Story so Far Collection on PS4 and wondering if I should dive in. I just kind of feel like that is a ****ING massive commitment time wise haha.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
If I had some more ideas, I'd spend more time explaining why Sephiroth is incredibly likely, and if already had TWEWY: Final Remix, there'd be a chance I'd write on why I want Neku over any of the guys in the list; but with how things are, I just adapt to what there is to discuss.
I actually would LOVE Neku. I thought it was super unlikely and kind of laughed it off similar to Joker. But, he has a really cool look, is designed by Tetsuya Nomura, and would have an incredibly unique aesthetic and fight style. Given that plus Nomura's interest in a sequel and the Switch release of a game released like YEARS ago thats still getting support...honestly, he's a strong candidate if we're talking not on the list. Plus a SHIBUYA stage??? and the music???? bruh.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm sorry to hear that man, and I know it's frustrating fighting for a character you want. The Smash 4 days of Ridley are always a horrid reminder of how bad things can really get, and that's just something I want to avoid as much as possible.

My advice? Take a break from speculation, enjoy the base game some more and just focus on other things. It's easy to get TOO far into Smash discussion and speculation. Maybe also look into other characters too just so you have other interests that can happen or look at why maybe certain options you've dismissed in the past have more merit than you initially thought. Those two are if you need to still be involved with it. But if it's getting to you, take a break from Geno. Nothing is really likely to change for the forseeable future and, as unfortunate as that may be, it's reality. So, just enjoy everything else you can man. This is just a forum for fun at the end of the day and there seems to be a nice, solid Geno fan base to keep going at any given time.

Anyways. I've been looking at The Story so Far Collection on PS4 and wondering if I should dive in. I just kind of feel like that is a ****ING massive commitment time wise haha.
Just watch the recap from Just a Pancake instead

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
People with actually mental problems don't appreciate being called nutcases. But again; I want to keep this on topic. I'm saying this more out of the concern for others, rather than myself.
I didn't literally mean you were a nutcase; just a simile or whatever.

Here's a pro tip: if you want to keep the thread on topic, stop ****ing derailing it. Is that so difficult to understand?

This thread gets exhausting.

Anyways...

oh man this is a ****show, are the mods asleep or something

Welp, uh...
Outside the list, who would be more likely for you all here?
I'd say Lara Croft. Classic Lara Croft.
Either her or Neku from TWEWY make the most sense to me. I definitely would prefer the old school Lara Croft if she made the cut.

Geno gets talked about a lot because a certain someone keeps bringing him up.

Erdrick gets talked about a lot because most of the established leakers are supporting him now.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

I do have quite a few character's that I want. Hell; Banjo and Lloyd are looking pretty likely. I just feel like truly no one deserves their spot in the sun more than Geno; which is why I'm fighting so hard for it. I just feel like this is his last chance to get in.

beans

Smash Lord
darn it you did it first

*See's all of this drama*
...So, anyone have a favorite pie?
Never eaten one

It's mostly just one clown stirring ****.
And it is, but most of the discussion is centered around a DQ rep (Erdrick specifically) because of how many leakers and insiders are backing him.
Funny thing I've not seen people mentioning, but Xenother released something on Gamefaqs
hOxgw1p.png
Just putting it here

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
We still have Snake with his explosives and Bayonetta with 4 guns on her at the same time.
I dont think its an issue that couldnt be circumvented
i want my chocobo
Or a Moogle. Not the weird fat one. The normal one. With a black coat
I feel like Snake's explosives are different tho. Like Link has bombs. Bomberman was a kid game. Guns are different. I think Bayo differs slightly cuz her guns are like...magical? Whimsical? Her shoe guns look like shoes and she fires them from her feet. Lara Croft keep THAT THANG ON HER. She got the glock lmao.

What about the Moogle from Chrystal Chronicles that could use magic?

OOOO it's out...I should try that but....money....

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Geno gets talked about a lot because a certain someone keeps bringing him up.

Erdrick gets talked about a lot because most of the established leakers are supporting him now.
Huh… last time i saw leakers thinking they knew ****, then we got joker, which none of these leakers knew about… I'm not sure I would bank 100% on what they say as a good lead, but at the same time they might be right. I'm gonna remain 50/50 on these leakers, and still give a chance to the other names on the SE list.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I actually would LOVE Neku. I thought it was super unlikely and kind of laughed it off similar to Joker. But, he has a really cool look, is designed by Tetsuya Nomura, and would have an incredibly unique aesthetic and fight style. Given that plus Nomura's interest in a sequel and the Switch release of a game released like YEARS ago thats still getting support...honestly, he's a strong candidate if we're talking not on the list. Plus a SHIBUYA stage??? and the music???? bruh.
But wait, wouldn't it kinda be awkward since Shibyu is a prominent location is Persona 5?

beans

Smash Lord
I feel like Snake's explosives are different tho. Like Link has bombs. Bomberman was a kid game. Guns are different. I think Bayo differs slightly cuz her guns are like...magical? Whimsical? Her shoe guns look like shoes and she fires them from her feet. Lara Croft keep THAT THANG ON HER. She got the glock lmao.

What about the Moogle from Chrystal Chronicles that could use magic?

OOOO it's out...I should try that but....money....
It will be the one from Tactics Advance
He will bring a Judge with him and make everyone quit the game

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
I havent seen it brought up much so I'm curious. What is Xenother's track record?
He's new to the game, only joining in after the base game roster was announced. So there's not really anything to judge him off of. He hsnt gotten anything right, but hasn't gotten anything wrong either. It's hard to imagine he's some faker going around trying to fool people tho.

But wait, wouldn't it kinda be awkward since Shibyu is a prominent location is Persona 5?
Probably lol. But Persona 5 also has Mementos (which that leak claims is the stage) and The Velvet Room (a stage I think is more likely and hope it actually is) for options to differentiate it from the Shibuya in TWEWY.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
plus Nomura's interest in a sequel and the Switch release of a game released like YEARS ago thats still getting support...
I don't know. Didn't Final Remix bite them back for the blatant sequel bait? I'm kind of afraid the game's potential to be a series is done for.
Not necessarily. They could easily just take any other place from Persona 5 to make stage out. Plus, it's not like characters have any sort of special interactions for being in a specific stage.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Yessss Persona 3 name for the win. I hope P3 gets a remake.

Im mostly just waiting on KH3. I've actually fallen off of SE titles. Funny enough I HAVE a copy of DQ11 a friend of mine gave it to me for the free. And I havent opened it yet lmao
Haha thanks! P3 is one of my favorite games ever and I'm also hoping for a remake, especially if it includes FeMC.

I've heard Dragon Quest 11 is actually really good, but I'm just waiting for the Switch version to come out because I personally find it easier to finish handheld games than console games. Console games are way too much of a commitment for me nowadays, especially with college.

beans

Smash Lord
I havent seen it brought up much so I'm curious. What is Xenother's track record?
Dunno, hes kinda like Hitagi from what I've seen.
Associated with Verge. He also said Chun-Li was meant to be in instead of Ken, but it contradicts with a statement by Sakurai, so I dont put much stock into him.

Ivalice moogles are the best tbh so I can forgive that.
Ivalice is the best. because of the bunny girls

Flyboy

Smash Hero
oh man this is a ****show, are the mods asleep or something

Welp, uh...
Outside the list, who would be more likely for you all here?
I'd say Lara Croft. Classic Lara Croft.
The dream would be 2B just because Nier Automata is my favorite game ever so I'd love it to be repped in another one of my favorite games ever.

Neku would also be amazing as a childhood dream pick. I love TWEWY and the music would be amazing.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The latest was ironically enough a match of Fortune Street (or Boom Street that it's called here in Europe)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Just watch the recap from Just a Pancake instead
What is this recap you speak of haha? And why should I not just play the games.

Haha thanks! P3 is one of my favorite games ever and I'm also hoping for a remake, especially if it includes FeMC.

I've heard Dragon Quest 11 is actually really good, but I'm just waiting for the Switch version to come out because I personally find it easier to finish handheld games than console games. Console games are way too much of a commitment for me nowadays, especially with college.
I'm actually just starting Persona 3 Portable on my Vita. I hope it's as great an experience as it has been made out to be. I just can't handle RPGs on non-portable consoles it seems haha.

beans

Smash Lord
What can Neku do, fighting wise?
Pins.
He uses pins that have different effects in battle.
Slashing, shooting blasts, rising ice spikes, dropping stuff, teleknesis (it would be his grab)
There are so many pins so moveset isnt an issue.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Pins.
He uses pins that have different effects in battle.
Slashing, shooting blasts, rising ice spikes, dropping stuff, teleknesis (it would be his grab)
There are so many pins so moveset isnt an issue.
Like; literal pins? Do the pins shoot the ice spikes or does wearing it make you shoot ice spikes?

beans

Smash Lord
The dream would be 2B just because Nier Automata is my favorite game ever so I'd love it to be repped in another one of my favorite games ever.

Neku would also be amazing as a childhood dream pick. I love TWEWY and the music would be amazing.
We need more remixes, we dont have enough of them.
We still dont have the 31th one Twister version.

Like; literal pins? Do the pins shoot the ice spikes or does wearing it make you shoot ice spikes?
Like Robin's tomes basically.
Each pin allows to cast its ability a certain number of times until it goes into reload mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom