• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is not from my source. As I said yesterday, this information is from somebody big in the Megaten/persona/atlus community and has lots of connections. No names will be given.

Yes, though we didn't know it would be a 2019 game in particular or that it would be a Switch exclusive until now. ;)
Okay, THIS is epic

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Cycling kind of like how Shulke cycles through Monaco Arts? I wonder if there would be an icon next to Neku’s picture telling us which pin he’s using.

Not to get all “Geno-defendy” but while Geno is looking a bit unlikely atm, it’s not ridiculous for people to believe he’s going to be in. He definitely would be surprising and unexpected because of the choice to include him at all. Based on your statements, I think you would be one of those surprised if he were included.

Also, you’re probably in the wrong thread if you’re looking for Banjo evidence. The files you’re thinking of probably allude to Rare Ware IP but not Banjo specifically.
I'd be surprised if he was included mainly out of confusion that they would hype him up. When they say "surprised and unexpected" they specified that it's because people wouldn't expect them to be put in Smash. You know what I mean? They were like... not characters "ANYONE" would expect to be added to Smash Bros... which seems extremely like it's all 100% 3rd Party characters that aren't characters people think "Nintendo" when they see. Whereas Geno, again, is Nintendo in most people's minds.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna lie, this thread has definitely made me at least want to try it. I was looking at Dragon Quest Builders but tbh I already have Minecraft and prefer creative mode to survival so i don't know about it, but an 11 Switch release sounds pretty neat especially since fans of the series seem to really like it. A traditional RPG sounds fun. I grow so tired of those weird MMO-lite battle systems in many modern RPGs.

Octopath is also on my list but I've really been too busy playing exclusively Smash to dive into the demo yet.
Builders I havent played a whole lot of, but it's like a blend of Minecraft with 2D Zelda with the DQ aesthetic. If that sounds appealing then go for it, it's quite fun.

DQ11 is easily not just one of my favorite DQ games, but in my top 5 RPGs of all time. The story is fantastic, and the battle system is pretty much perfection of turn-based combat.

Octopath is also pretty neat. I found the story kinda lacking, but the gameplay is what makes it shine. It had a system similar to the Brave system from Bravely Default, which I do like.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
This is not from my source. As I said yesterday, this information is from somebody big in the Megaten/persona/atlus community and has lots of connections. No names will be given.

Yes, though we didn't know it would be a 2019 game in particular or that it would be a Switch exclusive until now. ;)
But what is this game?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, if true, that really gets my hopes up for Nintendo and Atlus to try a crossover again, this time making it much more Persona based and including the whole of the Nintendo pantheon rather than just focusing on FE. That would be awesome.

beans

Smash Lord
Yeah DQ's not very good when it comes to marketing, they just don't sell well because Square never puts in the time to advertise DQ like they do with FF.
I dont Square really needs to advertise FF.
Its basicaly a name everybody knows.

Wouldnt doubt that it wouldn't be.
Persona 4 Golden was a Vita exclusive.
Why wouldnt P5+ be an exclusive aswell.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Gonna slightly disagree. DQ11 and DQ Warriors got excellent marketing. I especially remember Sentinels of the Starry Sky getting TONS of marketing as well. And iirc Nintendo puts up some for advertising as well
I would say not nearly as much as any FF game ever gets.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wait a minute. P5R is a Switch exclusive?! For real?

That is unbelievable, given what I have seen of Persona's history on Playstation platforms.

Man things have turned around haven't they? :p

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Wouldnt doubt that it wouldn't be.
Persona 4 Golden was a Vita exclusive.
Why wouldnt P5+ be an exclusive aswell.
This is what I was thinking.

The other Persona remakes were for portable devices.
Persona 3 Portable - Playstation Portable
Persona 4 Golden - Playstation Vita

And now Persona R (Possible names Red or Ruby) - Nintendo Switch...wait.

As a fan and wants his friends to play the game, but they only have a Switch, this is incredible if true. Which PolarPanda PolarPanda is near 100% in on.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute. P5R is a Switch exclusive?! For real?

That is unbelievable, given what I have seen of Persona's history on Playstation platforms.

Man things have turned around haven't they? :p
Persona's enhanced ports are traditionally on Playstation handhelds (1-3 on PSP and 4 on Vita)... but Sony doesn't have an actively supported handheld now. So the Switch is their next option, obviously. It was more or less inevitable lol

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know what.

If Erdrick is really like, have other DQ heroes as Alt.

I truly wish,deep down, we get eight.
I love Erdrick SNES Design with the fashion as **** Purple/Blue/Yellow.

But Eight's design?
Man.

0RvT4Zm.jpg

Looks so ****ing cool and don't you dare tell me otherwise.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Persona's enhanced ports are traditionally on Playstation handhelds (1-3 on PSP and 4 on Vita)... but Sony doesn't have an actively supported handheld now. So the Switch is their next option, obviously. It was more or less inevitable lol
See I had never even considered this to be a possibility! This is incredibly exciting for me.

Lord, you can play it on the go...What is life even!?

beans

Smash Lord
This is what I was thinking.

The other Persona remakes were for portable devices.
Persona 3 Portable - Playstation Portable
Persona 4 Golden - Playstation Vita

And now Persona R (Possible names Red or Ruby) - Nintendo Switch...wait.

As a fan and wants his friends to play the game, but they only have a Switch, this is incredible if true. Which PolarPanda PolarPanda is near 100% in on.
Apparently the name is not color based this time.
Its Reloaded

So wait is this for or against the "leak "?
Who knows.
It is Atlus related information, so it wouldnt make sense to serve as evidence for a SE leak.
However it is Nintendo related information, so it could prove that its a Nintendo source, or more than 2 sources.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what.

But Eight's design?
Man.

View attachment 183763

Eight is one of my favorite designs for DQ protagonists, it's a simple but distinct and cool look. I hope he gets in as an alt at least too.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know what.

But Eight's design?
Man.

View attachment 183763

I am pretty sure we are just going to be getting the fem design for Erdrick. It's what Smash usually does when it comes to this sort of thing.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I am pretty sure we are just going to be getting the fem design for Erdrick. It's what Smash usually does when it comes to this sort of thing.
I mean, there discussion of having XI too as an alt, so it might be possible to get an amalgamation like Bowser.Jr

D

Deleted member

Leak from 2ch mentioned that Erdrick would be in with Male and Female variants in addition to XI protagonist and a fem character from DQX

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Leak from 2ch mentioned that Erdrick would be in with Male and Female variants in addition to XI protagonist and a fem character from DQX
Which is the weirdest ****ing picks for alts I could imagine

"we got ya male and female variants"

"...oh and 2 random characters,"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Where's bowsette then?

Don't answer that question.
As the creator of the Peachette speculation thread here on Smashboards, I feel like I am most qualified to answer said question you don't want answered.
The answer?
The Super Mario Odyssey art book.
Always was heard alongside Erdrick as Luminary apparently from Vergeben's word.
I guess, but they could be grouped together to lead people astray on who it truly is.

D

Deleted member

Which is the weirdest ****ing picks for alts I could imagine

"we got ya male and female variants"

"...oh and 2 random characters,"
One of the "random" characters is the protagonist of XI which isn't a weird choice at all considering Sakurai has a story of adding new and old characters, the other (Anlucia) seems to be a major character from X but cannot say mcuh considering that X is Japan-only. Still agree that the second one seem to be a strange choice overall.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
One of the "random" characters is the protagonist of XI which isn't a weird choice at all considering Sakurai has a story of adding new and old characters, the other (Anlucia) seems to be a major character from X but cannot say mcuh considering that X is Japan-only. Still agree that the second one seem to be a strange choice overall.
Like the protag I can forgive more but who's this...random ass Japan-exclusive non-protag

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ultimate-destiny.84900/page-291#post-16151338
I agree with Ryce here.
Not saying anything about Erdrick as I do believe a DQ rep is being picked, but I don't think any character will have leaked in this much detail, unless the leaker is a higher up at Sora LTD.
Ryce pretty much tells it like it is. DLC is a whole new beast and so far, no insiders have gotten it right or on a confirmed go.

They're not certainties of credibility, that's for sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anlucia, to my knowledge, is the closest character to a main protagonist in the traditional sense for DQX. Kind of like Alphinaud in Final Fantasy XIV.

Untouch

Smash Master
To me, Eight makes way more sense than Erdrick, he has Western appeal and Eastern appeal, he even shows up as a costume in DQXI.
Could have a gimmick with tension and monster fighting.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
To me, Eight makes way more sense than Erdrick, he has Western appeal and Eastern appeal, he even shows up as a costume in DQXI.
Eight's tha homie ngl

Everything I see of this guy, I like him
His design, his award winning smile

Ain't even played DQ but I just KNOW he's the homie

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Royce pretty much tells it like it is. DLC is a whole new beast and so far, no insiders have gotten it right or on a confirmed go.

They're not certainties of credibility, that's for sure.
Technically, what people generally see as the likely DLC route is not an entirely new beast, when it's roughly the same as Smash 4's DLC direction, minus Corrin and the veterans.

D

Deleted member

I agree in that 8 is probably the most well known one in the west, but the way Sakurai seems to roll is to add characters that are classic with ones that are newer. Best scenario would be to have alts for most of the protagonists.
Anlucia, to my knowledge, is the closest character to a main protagonist in the traditional sense for DQX. Kind of like Alphinaud in Final Fantasy XIV.
I really don't know much about her honestly other than seeing some videos of her as a boss or something, hope that the offline version of X becomes a reality since I doubt SE will bring the current one.

Top Bottom