• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't have a screen catcher on my phone, so there's no screen sadly, but it does say ad, yes.
Ok. I wonder if others have been able to get it.

I tried with what i had (for nl ad) and didn't get it using banjo.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Okay, I think I took the screens okay (can't see any personal data atleast), I seem to have lost Doom Slayer in the last half hour but:

Screenshot_20190516-223558.png
Screenshot_20190516-223613.png

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok. Since you said that the links work, that shows that everything matches.

That said, it doesn't mean that it can't be a fake ad, because like I've been saying, it's possible to use nintendo's site in the ad by default (unless they would make it not allowed)
And there's a new tweet from someone with google ad know-how that goes against what polarpanda said:
https://twitter.com/elscorchy/status/1129063842456252416

But what he goes over doesnt show that the ad is fake like he says, it shows that it COULD be fake. We have nothing proving it.

The ads being inconsistent is kinda weird tho, so maybe it is different (without nintendo's budget)
or just shows the algorithm is weird ;p

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
This is actually pretty sick
Goes to show how they're paying attention and keeping up with the complaints. This was the one bug in the Switch version that made the experience worse.
Glad it's fixed. Also, hi everyone. o/

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Hopefully this fixes whatever bug that caused my game to crash during the Safer Sephiroth fight. Man I was so pissed.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So I was thinking of how Sephiroth could be implemented if he was a playable character. Tbh I’m not a fan of the idea of him using Masamune too much, because that alone would break the game. So, the only moves where he should use imo are:

Fsmash: A thrust
DSmash: A battou slash executed in such an angle that covers both sides.
Dair: Because it’s an iconic permakiller.

And maybe Usmash.

But for the rest of the moveset, he should go the opposite route of Cloud and show off his advanced Materia skills.
Should he have limit break? I don’t know, he never uses it in FFVII that I know

What comes to mind is him using:

Fire 3, Ice 3, Bolt 3, Quake 3, Bio 3.
Shadow Flare, Pale Horse, Reflect,

And how sick would it be for him to have “Enemy skill” where upon receiving a particular attack from an opponent, he learns it for the rest of the match?

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
So I was thinking of how Sephiroth could be implemented if he was a playable character. Tbh I’m not a fan of the idea of him using Masamune too much, because that alone would break the game. So, the only moves where he should use imo are:

Fsmash: A thrust
DSmash: A battou slash executed in such an angle that covers both sides.
Dair: Because it’s an iconic permakiller.

And maybe Usmash.

But for the rest of the moveset, he should go the opposite route of Cloud and show off his advanced Materia skills.
Should he have limit break? I don’t know, he never uses it in FFVII that I know

What comes to mind is him using:

Fire 3, Ice 3, Bolt 3, Quake 3, Bio 3.
Shadow Flare, Pale Horse, Reflect,

And how sick would it be for him to have “Enemy skill” where upon receiving a particular attack from an opponent, he learns it for the rest of the match?
Why would the Masamune break the game?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why would the Masamune break the game?
A disjointed hitbox that is as long as any incarnation of the masamune would be too overbearing. Even compared to the Monado, they made it extremely slow and had it turn on and off to balance its range.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
A disjointed hitbox that is as long as any incarnation of the masamune would be too overbearing. Even compared to the Monado, they made it extremely slow and had it turn on and off to balance its range.
Masamune is barely longer than the buster sword. The spin-offs made it into a ridiculous meme sword, but if Sakurai sticks to FFVII itself then it should be fine.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Masamune is barely longer than the buster sword. The spin-offs made it into a ridiculous meme sword, but if Sakurai sticks to FFVII itself then it should be fine.
Ah that must be it. No wonder I think of it as game breaking. It must have been gradually getting longer in my mind due to the spinoffs.

Still... While maybe he could use more sword attacks than what I described, he should at least have half his moveset be magic.
After all, in the flashback scene, he pretty much only uses magic (at least from my playing experience). The only time where he does use it in-game for sure, is in the Omnislash scene.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So. Outside of smash DLC and Final Fantasy 7 info, what do y´ all hope/assume we will get news of at E3?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
So. Outside of smash DLC and Final Fantasy 7 info, what do y´ all hope/assume we will get news of at E3?
Hopes:
1)
Really hope we get news of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy coming to the Nintendo Switch
2) Marvel vs Capcom 1, 2, & 3 coming to the Switch
3) New Advance Wars title coming to Switch
4) New Ninja Gaiden game coming out
5) Square Enix's Avengers game discussed

Assume:
1)
KH3 DLC reveal & discussion
2) Spyro will be announced as a playable character for Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
3) Fantastic Four will be shown to be playable for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
4) More discussion of Microsoft and Nintendo partnership and Xbox titles that will be brought to the Switch
5) Animal Crossing & Daemon X Machina release dates will be announced

Prediction:
Smash Ultimate will have only one DLC character reveal at E3.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
1. A release date for Rune Factory 4
2. Some info on Rune Factory 5
3. Some info on Nippon Ichi Software's new games, and maybe an announcement for Disgaea 6.
...And that's about it. Nintendo talked about Rune Factory 4 and 5 during the February Direct, so I'm hoping for something during E3, but I'm not expecting anything for Disgaea

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Expecting:
Erdrick for Smash + Geno's Mii costume returning
Possible 3rd character reveal, probably not one that I'm hoping for
AC news (also hoping for this, but it's kind of a given at this point)
Mostly other stuff I don't really care much for

Hoping for:
Return of Amiibo costumes for Super Mario Maker 2
Bayonetta 3 news
Geno for Smash (lol as if)
Banjo for Smash (small chance, at least?)
Rare Replay on Switch
New Mario & Luigi game collaboration with Square Enix (with my boys Geno and Mallow, again, lol as if)
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 ports for the Switch
Super Mario Odyssey 2

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hope/expecting:
  • Animal Crossing Switch news.
  • Spyro Reignited Switch port.
  • More Fire Emblem Three Houses news.
  • Final roster revealed for Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Super Mario Odyssey 2
Link's Awakening Remake
Next Zelda teaser
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario Kart X F-ZERO
Pikmin 4
Bayonetta 3
Persona 5
Final new mode for Super Mario Maker 2
Rare Replay and Master Chief Collection for Switch

Prediction:
Gonna be bold here and say we'll have two.
One at the Invitational, most likely Banjo (easily the safest DLC bet), last one at the Direct (Sephiroth or Doom Slayer)

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Banjo for Smash (small chance, at least?)
There's a chance for Banjo, of course, but I don't think it's as likely as people say. Some people are saying that he's all but guaranteed. Like, no character is guaranteed and thinking any character is guaranteed is a bit delusional on our part :)

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'm hoping we see further info in the Link's Awakening remake, as well as a sneak peek of the next mainline Zelda game.

Also, I want concrete info on the new models of the Switch that have been rumored. A friend's birthday is coming up later this year and i was thinking of getting them a Switch, but I'd like to know, if Nintendo really is making a more portable model, how less it will cost (or vice versa for the rumored more powerful Switch).

That's about it. I'll let the rest of E3 surprise me on the Nintendo front.

D

Deleted member

There's a chance for Banjo, of course, but I don't think it's as likely as people say. Some people are saying that he's all but guaranteed. Like, no character is guaranteed and thinking any character is guaranteed is a bit delusional on our part :)
Biggest thing keeping me from being confident about Banjo is that he lacks reliable leak support. Erdrick at least has Vergeben and Tansut, but Banjo doesn't have anything I'd consider reliable. Google leak is pretty much dead and all Polar could gather were rumors or one leaker from Smash 4 days saying Banjo's in. To be fair, that's better than nothing but I'm not holding my breath, especially since Polar never specified who the leaker was (for fair reason).

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Biggest thing keeping me from being confident about Banjo is that he lacks reliable leak support. Erdrick at least has Vergeben and Tansut, but Banjo doesn't have anything I'd consider reliable. Google leak is pretty much dead and all Polar could gather were rumors or one leaker from Smash 4 days saying Banjo's in. To be fair, that's better than nothing but I'm not holding my breath, especially since Polar never specified who the leaker was (for fair reason).

>not confident in Banjo
>makes a bet on his account relating to Banjo

My friend, you are playing a dangerous game. :p

Wholeheartedly agreed. After all, a lot of people (myself included) thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a guarantee, and look what happened.

D

Deleted member

Hopes:
1)
Really hope we get news of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy coming to the Nintendo Switch
2) Marvel vs Capcom 1, 2, & 3 coming to the Switch
3) New Advance Wars title coming to Switch
4) New Ninja Gaiden game coming out
5) Square Enix's Avengers game discussed

Assume:
1)
KH3 DLC reveal & discussion
2) Spyro will be announced as a playable character for Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
3) Fantastic Four will be shown to be playable for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
4) More discussion of Microsoft and Nintendo partnership and Xbox titles that will be brought to the Switch
5) Animal Crossing & Daemon X Machina release dates will be announced

Prediction:
Hopes:
Hopes
  1. Actually cool info regarding FE Three Houses
  2. Two newcomer reveals, being Banjo and Erdrick
  3. More Microsoft stuff ported to Switch
  4. Persona 5 Switch
Expectations:
  1. Animal Crossing Switch reveal
  2. More Mario Maker 2 stuff
  3. Just one newcomer will be revealed at E3, and it's probably Erdrick
  4. More Dragon Quest content for Switch
  5. Microsoft content ported to Switch
  6. Some new games from Nintendo. I'd be down for a new Kirby game
  7. FE Three Houses

>not confident in Banjo
>makes a bet on his account relating to Banjo

My friend, you are playing a dangerous game. :p
I'm like 50-50 on Banjo compared to Erdrick's 99-1. If Microsoft got a rep in, Nintendo would have chosen Banjo in my eyes. The road is paved out for Nintendo to get him and recent marketing from Microsoft and Rare have shown that they remember the duo. However, many people have given good reasons as to why Banjo wouldn't be in Smash regardless of the circumstantial evidence, so it can go either way for me

That and the Erdrick bet was so safe to where I needed more stakes. Makes speculation more interesting

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm like 50-50 on Banjo compared to Erdrick's 99-1. If Microsoft got a rep in, Nintendo would have chosen Banjo in my eyes. The road is paved out for Nintendo to get him and recent marketing from Microsoft and Rare have shown that they remember the duo.

That and the Erdrick bet was so safe to where I needed more stakes.
So what happens if you win the bet, then? Do you get more steaks as opposed to more stakes?

... That's the kind of bet I'd go for.

D

Deleted member

So what happens if you win the bet, then? Do you get more steaks as opposed to more stakes?

... That's the kind of bet I'd go for.
If I win the bet, Teeb147 Teeb147 drinks a shot of hot sauce and I get to laugh at her.

To get specific, these are the exact conditions to my memory.

That falls under the "rotating list of conversations" point, though, because we keep bringing it up.

Also I need to organize the conditions for the Banjo bet because some new things were added.

• TotsBS, if you return, you know your **** if Banjo or Heihachi aren't revealed at your guesses. Don't need to remind you.
  • ShotoStar if Banjo is not in, you will have to main your least played fighter for two months, beat Battletoads (save states allowed only at start of a level), 100% DK 64, change your profile pic to my choosing, and write an essay topic of my choosing.
  • If I, Bolderousness, loses the bet via no Banjo, I will have to 100% DK 64, beat Battletoads (save states allowed only at start of level), and delete my account. I will also have to watch Kamen Rider Blade upon @Cutie Gwen and her conditions. I will also down a shot of hot sauce and change my avatar on Gentlepanda's choice for a month.
  • tehponycorn, if Banjo isn't in, you will speedrun Minecraft All Advancements.
  • Zeke The Zekenator, If Banjo gets in, you will marathon the entire Bubsy mainline series.
  • SnakeFighter64, if Banjo isn't in, Steve gets in, and Banjo is only relegated to a skin, mii costume, or spirit, you will upload a video of yourself crying.
  • Onereasonanddone, if there is no Banjo, you will play Megaman X7 on hard mode.
  • Smashing Ramen, if Banjo is in, you will eat paper.
  • Teeb147, if Banjo is in, you will drink a shot of hot sauce. I assume the sauce in question is your choice.

• @ShinyLegendary, if Banjo is in, you will have to change your avatar for a month on @Connorb0t2 's request. Evidence is on this.
  • @Cutie Gwen if Banjo is in, you will have to watch the first two seasons of Game of Thrones.
  • Raxxel, if Banjo is not in, you will request the staff to delete all of your forum likes
  • redfeatherraven, if Banjo is in, you will edit your avatar via requests from the thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm like 50-50 on Banjo compared to Erdrick's 99-1. If Microsoft got a rep in, Nintendo would have chosen Banjo in my eyes. The road is paved out for Nintendo to get him and recent marketing from Microsoft and Rare have shown that they remember the duo. However, many people have given good reasons as to why Banjo wouldn't be in Smash regardless of the circumstantial evidence, so it can go either way for me

That and the Erdrick bet was so safe to where I needed more stakes. Makes speculation more interesting
The only way I could see Banjo getting in is if they announced a new Banjo game. His current lack of relevancy hinders his chances imo. Now, they could announce a new Banjo game during E3 and put him in Smash as a way to promote the new game since the series is dead, but I don't think they'd put him in just because the fans want him in.

Erdrick, on the other hand, seems a bit more likely (so does the Luminary honestly), and not because he's my most wanted character, but for the more obvious reasons. Of course, Erdrick isn't guaranteed either, and it very well could be Sora, or we may not get a Square rep, but I think most of us are under the impression that Erdrick is the most likely, even if a lot of people don't want him.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If I win the bet, Teeb147 Teeb147 drinks a shot of hot sauce and I get to laugh at her.

To get specific, these are the exact conditions to my memory.
These uh... these are some pretty extreme consequences, especially downing hot sauce. How much are you downing? A bottle? A shot?

D

Deleted member

Laughing wasn't part of the agreement. But I'll allow it.

;)

I think banjo has maybe like 10% chance, personally ;p
So you're saying he has a chance?

These uh... these are some pretty extreme consequences, especially downing hot sauce. How much are you downing? A bottle? A shot?
A shot

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So you're saying he has a chance?

A shot
Bolder with the high stakes. ;)
I'm actually pretty curious about playing poker at some point. I've only played like 2 or 3 times i think.

Okay, good. If it were an entire bottle then you'd better have the paramedics on standby :)
Oof. No I wouldn't recommend anyone to down entire bottles. :O
I was thinking maybe a bottle of fireball or something but even that would probably be really hard on the throat.

D

Deleted member

Bolder with the high stakes. ;)
I'm actually pretty curious about playing poker at some point. I've only played like 2 or 3 times i think.

Oof. No I wouldn't recommend anyone to down entire bottles. :O
I was thinking maybe a bottle of fireball or something but even that would probably be really hard on the throat.
My experience with Poker is pretty limited. Last time I played was in Elementary. I feel I would enjoy it if I get a kick out of games like Mexican Train and Monopoly. Though, I'd probably be that guy who goes all-in immediately.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
My experience with Poker is pretty limited. Last time I played was in Elementary. I feel I would enjoy it if I get a kick out of games like Mexican Train and Monopoly. Though, I'd probably be that guy who goes all-in immediately.
You learn better with time, once you're tired of losing the all-ins :p (not speaking from experience tho)

Card games arent bad. I'm sure people in this thread have at least a bit under their belt ;p

Ovaltine

Smash Master
When it comes to Banjo, my mind says it's 30/70 while my heart says there's no chance. I've been a Banjo fan since the first game came out. I'm kinda used to being burned by now, haha. It's a shame, too, because my other most wanteds have no chance (Shadow) or a 2% chance at best (Geno). Shadow, I can deal with because he at least has stuff to this day, but my other two sons are still left in the dust and unloved, probably forever. :(

I basically have no reason to be hype about the DLC anymore myself. Intrigued is about as good as it gets for me beyond Joker (who, now that I've finished Persona 5, I've concluded was an AMAZING pick).

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
When it comes to Banjo, my mind says it's 30/70 while my heart says there's no chance. I've been a Banjo fan since the first game came out. I'm kinda used to being burned by now, haha. It's a shame, too, because my other most wanteds have no chance (Shadow) or a 2% chance at best (Geno). Shadow, I can deal with because he at least has stuff to this day, but my other two sons are still left in the dust and unloved, probably forever. :(

I basically have no reason to be hype about the DLC anymore myself. Intrigued is about as good as it gets for me beyond Joker (who, now that I've finished Persona 5, I've concluded was an AMAZING pick).
At least people talk about your most wanted characters and at least they have a fan base in the Smash community. My most wanted characters, aside from Erdrick, are way too niche to even have a chance to make it in Smash. Characters from games like Senran Kagura, The Idolmaster, Azur Lane, and Disgaea will never be playable in Smash and they will never have any fan demand, which is why I'm only hoping for Erdrick.

D

Deleted member

At least people talk about your most wanted characters and at least they have a fan base in the Smash community. My most wanted characters, aside from Erdrick, are way too niche to even have a chance to make it in Smash. Characters from games like Senran Kagura, The Idolmaster, Azur Lane, and Disgaea will never be playable in Smash and they will never have any fan demand, which is why I'm only hoping for Erdrick.
Damn shame assist trophies kill some speculation for your most wanted or else I'd be blazing y'all with Bomberman right now lol.

Other than that, it sucks some people don't talk about Custom Robo or Advance wars anymore.

Disgaea would actually be cool to see. Played Disgaea 1, and I sucked at it, but I enjoyed the aesthetic going on with the quirky underworld. Plus the music is pretty good occasionally.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Thankfully, it at least looks like Erdrick is happening. In fact, I'd bet my bottom and top dollar on him happening. If he doesn't happen, I will eat a sheet of toilet paper.

Top Bottom