• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
May 7th is a date I've been seeing thrown around in speculation circles. I suppose we'll find out if there's any truth to that soon.

The Smash bros Youtube channel only has character reveal trailers and those introduction videos. Joker may not get one because he's got essentially a full breakdown already on his page already. There's no real need for a showcase video. So I assume most people are looking at it as a reveal being imminent.
What's happening may 7?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
What's happening may 7?
Officially, Puyopuyo champions had a Nintendo Switch trailer leak with "Available now!" At the end (Release date is May 7th). There was also a leak that had May 7th for some NSO NES game reveals (It specifically said Donkey Kong Jr which ended up being correct), but Polar Panda said it was fake as he knew who made it. I made that post before seeing his tweet on that.

D

Deleted member

Well, pretty much doubt they will upload the NES games previews today. So much for the 4chan leak (not that it wasn't discredited already) :b

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The leak was 100% correct regarding the NES Online stuff, and it flat-out said May 15th as the release instead of having any vagueness minus only mentioning DK Jr. However I'm still going to assume it's 100% fake due to what Sabi said, and the possibility that it was some well-educated guess or real info they decided to put with a bunch of made-up stuff.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it's fake because it said Banjo was coming ;)

Another one of those fake leaks using real info. The question is how did they know about DK jr.?

D

Deleted member

Considering Polar knew about it, its probably info that appeared in one of her discords.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I think it's fake because it said Banjo was coming ;)
I am so offended that you would say something like that about my most wanted

... breakfast cereal. After all, if the leak is fake because Banjo is supposedly coming, what of Tetronim-O's?!

(Naw, really, I really want that cereal to exist now. Freaking A.)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am so offended that you would say something like that about my most wanted

... breakfast cereal. After all, if the leak is fake because Banjo is supposedly coming, what of Tetronim-O's?!

(Naw, really, I really want that cereal to exist now. Freaking A.)
Wasnt intended for messing with you, collateral damage i guess..
Tetris cereal? that sounds cool. :4pacman:

Considering Polar knew about it, its probably info that appeared in one of her discords.
I guess that'd make sense if the nes info was shared on there and someone was like oh you know what I bet I can make a leak with that. i dunno.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wasnt intended for messing with you, collateral damage i guess..
Tetris cereal? that sounds cool. :4pacman:
Naw, I'm just messing and try to joke about everything under the sun because I'm legitimately a clown, haha. No worries.

... still want that cereal, though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Naw, I'm just messing and try to joke about everything under the sun because I'm legitimately a clown, haha. No worries.

... still want that cereal, though.
S'all good, although I did forget you wanted banjo kinda. There's more going on around with some gambling, I have to take a big shot or two of hot sauce if banjo gets in. It's not that bad of a bet, Bolderousness took on a bunch more stuff like playing games or read essays or i dunno what, he just kept making bets with people :p if he doesn't get in. There's some others too.

anyway, the next month or two should be interesting. Still thinking we'll find out about the SE rep, and whether or not there'll be a microsoft one. Not that they couldn't be later either, but I think a lot of people are banking on e3.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
... I honestly thought Tetris Cereal was meant to be a new cereal-themed Tetris game. I mean, who leaks cereal??

ZelDan

Smash Master
>goes through multiple scoops of cereal
>Still can't manage to scoop up a blue line marshmellow
>"Wow! This cereal really is like Tetris!"

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Don't uphold Panda as the say all end all.
This may be true in the end.
And Banjo showing up is a safe bet

In her Discord people were actually reasoning why Banjo is Brave. I'm not saying it's true or not, but it made some sense.

With this in mind, I'm here waiting hopelessly for this matchup to be a thing in Smash:

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

In her Discord people were actually reasoning why Banjo is Brave. I'm not saying it's true or not, but it made some sense.

With this in mind, I'm here waiting hopelessly for this matchup to be a thing in Smash:

Do you mind me ask what the reasoning that they believed Banjo was Brave?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There is something in Native American cultures about bears being a symbol of courage and some other stuff relating to warriors (someone in the Banjo thread found this), but who knows if Banjo will actually be Brave. I'm still gonna expect Erdrick.

-not a part of Sabi's discord, and I don't even use the app (so I don't know anything about what they may be saying), just thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
people are still circlejerking over that ****post?
good lord lol

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

The reasoning is all ****posting. I'm a part of it, we were just making fun of **** because of a really bad discord post. Most of us still believe Brave is Erdrick.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
If Nintendo visited Marvel to see if they were interested in making Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. And Marvel is owned by Disney and Sora is also owned by Disney...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I’m probably reading too much into this, but it is interesting. It’s just curious to see how much Disney and Nintendo are getting along. And with the odd secret ending of KH3 it definitely shows Disney are giving Square a lot more freedom with Sora so you never know. Hopefully at the very least KH remastered games are coming to the Switch.

9FA90808-D10F-48FA-B955-1E42C80F52E0.jpeg

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
The reasoning is all ****posting. I'm a part of it, we were just making fun of **** because of a really bad discord post. Most of us still believe Brave is Erdrick.
I'm aware.
I was saying that as a random point to suggest that anything could turn out to be true, and relying on leakers to determine what is coming is premature.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I'm just excited for news of a certain game tomorrow :ultcloud:
You got it
I can't wait either. :3
I hope I'll leave tomorrow's presentation smiling.
The hype for the remake at E3 is so big that we're kicking off the hype train one month before the conferences.
Hoping for Nintendo to reveal they'll get the game
And please, may the SE rep be Sephiroth...

Ohoo.gif

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You got it
I can't wait either. :3
I hope I'll leave tomorrow's presentation smiling.
The hype for the remake at E3 is so big that we're kicking off the hype train one month before the conferences.
Hoping for Nintendo to reveal they'll get the game
And please, may the SE rep be Sephiroth...

View attachment 217774
If Nintendo does and it gets a physical release, I don't think I'll ever stop grinning like an idiot.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
If Nintendo does and it gets a physical release, I don't think I'll ever stop grinning like an idiot.
Tell me about it. :D
I'll be hyped nonstop until the next generation... nah, Mario and Zelda will keep my level of hype for even much longer

I want Cloud to be redesigned and return to his classic look. This is what he's supposed to look like
HD Cloud.png

Give my boy his purple outhit, brown boots and his iconic hair, ffs

Props to Nazyrus Nazyrus for this top tier edit to the OG Dissidia render to match his classic colors

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The power of reaching
There is something in Native American cultures about bears being a symbol of courage and some other stuff relating to warriors (someone in the Banjo thread found this), but who knows if Banjo will actually be Brave. I'm still gonna expect Erdrick.

-not a part of Sabi's discord, and I don't even use the app (so I don't know anything about what they may be saying), just thought I'd throw that out there.
With Arsene getting Sherlock Holmes which the original Arsene is a French counterpart too (which far as I can tell, not that many knew about) I would not call CJs reasoning (would the discord have that as an argument). I am not saying this as a counterargument against Erdrick, I¨m saying this as a counter-argument about the notion that Erdrick (because of the name "Brave") has to be the second fighter. He could be the third or fourth as far as we know.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Tell me about it. :D
I'll be hyped nonstop until the next generation... nah, Mario and Zelda will keep my level of hype for even much longer

I want Cloud to be redesigned and return to his classic look. This is what he's supposed to look like
View attachment 217780

Give my boy his purple outhit, brown boots and his iconic hair, ffs

Props to Nazyrus Nazyrus for this top tier edit to the OG Dissidia render to match his classic colors
**** I didn't notice the boots have brown aura now, lmao

Top Bottom