• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ovaltine

Smash Master
By JSR I'm assuming that's Jet Set Radio?
I never played it but I'm sure I'd like it. those types of games are fun.
God yeah. Jet Set Radio is a great series. The first game for the Dreamcast is a classic, and you can even get it on PC. It's pretty cheap and runs even on my potato of a laptop, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue. Definitely try with that one first, and if you have an Xbox or a 360, try its sequel if you liked the first. They're both excellent games and still hold up because of its unique aesthetic and play style.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
God yeah. Jet Set Radio is a great series. The first game for the Dreamcast is a classic, and you can even get it on PC. It's pretty cheap and runs even on my potato of a laptop, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue. Definitely try with that one first, and if you have an Xbox or a 360, try its sequel if you liked the first. They're both excellent games and still hold up because of its unique aesthetic and play style.
I'll try and see if i can get it on pc.. ill keep a lookout for it being on sale if it's on steam or something

D

Deleted member

Man, the day we get a new JSR game is the day that I will ascend to a higher plane of existence.

I freaking love JSR and Future. Sega needs to give that franchise some more love.
Not to mention those soundtracks, ****ing amazing.
On the topic of Jet Set Radio, my brother showed me this radio site called "jetsetradio.live". Basically there are set stations that play specific genres of music. Two of the ten stations play from the two Jet Set Radio games while the other eight play specific genres of music that bop. Put it on if you need some noise in your room.

Last edited by a moderator:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Is there going to be a livestream of the Sega fes?
From what I heard, news usually come with the annual Persona concert, that is separate from the fes, right?

D

Deleted member

How's the speculation scene here going on these days? Has it been very quiet?
Pretty much nothing, most interesting thing I have seen lately was one of those 5ch text leaks that Ayumi posted in one of the other threads. At least the characters were different this time around (although unlikely) and it contained the supposed ballot results (cant remember if they were intermediate or final). But people are just tired at this point.
I really hope something JSR-related gets announced at that Sega event tomorrow in a week.

I know it's not gonna happen, but still.
We got a new Vampire: The Masquerade coming, a franchise long dead. Anything can happen, I'm hoping for a new Skies of Arcadia or an HD version at least.

D

Deleted member

So is female Joker a thing or are they just adding a new character like Marie in Persona 4 Golden? Pretty vague.

Untouch

Smash Master
It's heavily suggested she isn't a female Joker, but another protagonist for a side story.
She does have a ponytail though, which heavily points that datamine being true and that Joker will have a female alt.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
All I know is cute pony-tailed girl is happening and my gay ass could not be any more excited about it.

D

Deleted member

She's a thing, and that's jane :)
I hope. If this lady is supposed to be the focus of the trailer, Atlus is essentially telling us that this girl will be something big.

Female MC's became a popular request after Persona 3 Portable so I wonder if they know. The female MC of Persona 3 Portable appeared in Persona Q2 so she is remembered. I'm interested in where this is going.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I hope. If this lady is supposed to be the focus of the trailer, Atlus is essentially telling us that this girl will be something big.

Female MC's became a popular request after Persona 3 Portable so I wonder if they know. The female MC of Persona 3 Portable appeared in Persona Q2 so she is remembered. I'm interested in where this is going.
I'll be optimistic ;)
But it's true she's not guaranteed to be a main character. She could be a new team mate or conitnues the story after the original, or you know there's lots of possibilities. But i think the most likely is female mc. She probably uses knives like joker and everything. Well hey, it was a teaser like we thought, and we'll know the details in a week.

All I can say, is that if Erdrick gets in, and with a female alt, I'll be good for the rest of the dlc cycle XD

D

Deleted member

I'll be optimistic ;)
But it's true she's not guaranteed to be a main character. She could be a new team mate or conitnues the story after the original, or you know there's lots of possibilities. But i think the most likely is female mc. She probably uses knives like joker and everything. Well hey, it was a teaser like we thought, and we'll know the details in a week.

All I can say, is that if Erdrick gets in, and with a female alt, I'll be good for the rest of the dlc cycle XD
If she is female Joker, I'm excited because she doesn't look like she'll be a simple rule 63 Joker like your avatar, for example. She might have her own story at the very least. Interested in seeing the differences they can make.

And yeah, I'm hoping for the female Erdrick too. Hope you get your main.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If she is female Joker, I'm excited because she doesn't look like she'll be a simple rule 63 Joker like your avatar, for example. She might have her own story at the very least. Interested in seeing the differences they can make.

And yeah, I'm hoping for the female Erdrick too. Hope you get your main.
Yes and it'd make me buy p5r :)

heh, deciding it'll be my main for me? nah but that's probably true. Maybe Joker can end up as my secondary. we'll see. :)

D

Deleted member

Speaking of buying P5R, has anyone seen any news about Persona 5 on Switch?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
From what I hear It's only been revealed for PS4.

There's apparently more info to come though, so I'm guessing (and hoping) we'll get a Switch announcement then.
The thing though is that we should be getting info before then too, especially with smash dlc coming and everything. I would think they want to reveal that info at Sega Fes or at least early april.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

So is female Joker a thing or are they just adding a new character like Marie in Persona 4 Golden? Pretty vague.
I saw that and I immediately thought of Teeb losing her mind. XD
I imagine this to be the case even more if she is playable in Smash

D

Deleted member

The thing though is that we should be getting info before then too, especially with smash dlc coming and everything. I would think they want to reveal that info at Sega Fes or at least early april.
Luckily there's no rush because my next months are reserved for other games anyways, but the Playstation logo at the beginning of this teaser makes me nervous. Info will be coming soon, at least, thankfully.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I saw that and I immediately thought of Teeb losing her mind. XD
I imagine this to be the case even more if she is playable in Smash
Yeah I woke up a bit pessimistic about what I'd find today and then it's like **** YEAH it's actually happening?!!?
Im actually really freakin glad about it.

@Bolderousness it turns out she may not just be a normal FeMC option, the translation makes the conversation sound like she's not a phantom thief. I'm not sure what that means and how she'll be related to joker with that, but to me it just adds some mystery right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I woke up a bit pessimistic about what I'd find today and then it's like **** YEAH it's actually happening?!!?
Im actually really freakin glad about it.

@Bolderousness it turns out she may not just be a normal FeMC option, the translation makes the conversation sound like she's not a phantom thief. I'm not sure what that means and how she'll be the joker alt with that, but to me it just adds some mystery right now.
Can we see the translation?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Can we see the translation?
“What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?”
“I think it’s great to help people, but if I have to pick one [option], I don’t like them.
I don’t think these Phantom Thieves are really fixing the world, and they’re not truly helping people.
I think if you really need to fix a problem, you have to solve it yourself.”

D

Deleted member

“What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?”
“I think it’s great to help people, but if I have to pick one [option], I don’t like them.
I don’t think these Phantom Thieves are really fixing the world, and they’re not truly helping people.
I think if you really need to fix a problem, you have to solve it yourself.”
Ominous. Raises a lot of questions I'm not sure how to answer because we don't know her real role yet. Sounds like no matter what, she's either separate from the Phantom Thieves or just trying to law low as a Phantom Thief

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ominous. Raises a lot of questions I'm not sure how to answer because we don't know her real role yet. Sounds like no matter what, she's either separate from the Phantom Thieves or just trying to law low.
Yeah, it sucks a bit if it means that she's not a female option at the start of the game, but im still really glad about the smash part. And i can be patient to find out what her role in persona is, i think :)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
She's also a first year student while Joker is a 2nd year. It seems to be pretty clear that she isn't a Joker FeMC.

That will likely be announced later in the year. I'm 99% positive that P5S is going to be the Switch Version.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
She's also a first year student while Joker is a 2nd year. It seems to be pretty clear that she isn't a Joker FeMC.

That will likely be announced later in the year. I'm 99% positive that P5S is going to be the Switch Version.
The story could be changed up for her, so it's definitely still possible. But there's likely some twist we dont know about yet.
In any case she'll have to play like joker to a great degree in smash, so im in between the options :p

D

Deleted member

I feel that she will be a side story protagonist, there are a few gaps in the P5 story that she could cover like
The missing month in prison
Plus, there could be a storyline with her going at the same time with the Phantom Thieves events.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm placing my chips on FeMC, but not an FeMC replacement for Joker. She'll probably have a branching story line or something, maybe something that can place you on either a Joker route or her route. Maybe both in one straightforward route? I dunno.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
With all this waiting I am contemplating getting something I never picked up...

Final Fantasy XIV, for those who have played it/are playing it, is it fun? I got burned out by WoW, but I wasn't really a fan of it like I am with Final Fantasy.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Final Fantasy XIV, for those who have played it/are playing it, is it fun? I got burned out by WoW, but I wasn't really a fan of it like I am with Final Fantasy.
My friend recently turned me onto it and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I don't feel like a single day playing the game is the same. They have so much to do from the different jobs and classes, the story missions, etc, etc.

I've basically been having a blast.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

FFXIV is the most polished MMO I've played, IMO.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
New P5R girl is Jane, obviously.
Remember the ponytail.

Sorry if I'm late, but hey I haven't posted for 2 weeks anyhow right?
I am very gay and very excited, and yes, those terms are relevant to one another.

(Also, 'ey, hope you're holding up well, pal!)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hmm it's gonna be kinda weird if she is a persona user and suddendly loses her powers when Joker and his team eliminates the cognitive world or whatever, lol. I really wonder what her plot will be in all this anyway.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

The best MMO ever made.
Very polished. A true 180º from the original FFXIV.
Also, while it is not a traditional FF, the love for the series is clearly there. The FFVI episode is absolutely stunning. The 3D recreation in HD of the Kefka segment was insane. The Heavensward trailer was one of the hypest things to come out of the game, and now the next update has a full homage to FFIII.
I'm not that into MMO myself, and somehow this game engaged me. So that's something to think about. ^^

Top Bottom