• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Alright guys, Nindies direct on the 20th. You know what this means, 1 or 2 weeks from now we will get a direct, whether it'sNnintendo in general or smash focused. It happens one or two weeks after a Nindies, it's been like that for years now. It makes sense, the timming and all.

30 ****ng minutes of Nindies tho… that's a LOT what the hell…

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright guys, Nindies direct on the 20th. You know what this means, 1 or 2 weeks from now we will get a direct, whether it'sNnintendo in general or smash focused. It happens one or two weeks after a Nindies, it's been like that for years now. It makes sense, the timming and all.

No way we're getting another general direct so soon. Almost certain it would be a Smash direct with the 3.0 content.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
No way we're getting another general direct so soon. Almost certain it would be a Smash direct with the 3.0 content.
Didn't say that's what we were getting, just saying that a non-nindies direct is incoming in one or two weeks as it happens after a nindies one. It's obviously gonna be a Smash one because they need more than regular time to cover all the new Smash content.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Been thinking...
What if "Jack" isn't a codename?
The name "Jane" has been attached to Joker because of datamining, sparking rumours that P5R is going to let you pick a girl Joker too.
What if Jack is what the male Joker is going to be called?

There's also rumours that the only reason we haven't seen Joker gameplay is that they want to reveal that there's going to be two Jokers before the costumes go up on the site and spoil it.
Male Joker already has a name. It's Ren. And the trailer definitively labeled him Joker. Jack isn't even a Japanese name. The game literally takes place in Japan.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Didn't say that's what we were getting, just saying that a non-nindies direct is incoming in one or two weeks as it happens after a nindies one. It's obviously gonna be a Smash one because they need more than regular time to cover all the new Smash content.
Pretty much. I'd peg it to be no more than twenty minutes with Joker's proper reveal + gameplay footage, move set, and stage, as well as the new modes coming up. I'm sure we'll get our second DLC reveal, too, and for all we know, we could also get some surprises. Please bring back Geno's Mii costume I've lost all hope for him being playable just give me the costume back Square pls

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

Hmm that would put a Direct on the week of the 25th or the 1st. If true, my money's on the 1st. Probably a Smash Direct regarding Smash 3.0, which'll likely launch mid-April.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm just spinning in my head just how much nindies content is gonna be shown in 30 mins. You guys know how fast and much content they show in just like under 10-15 mins right?… holy hell… indies devs are going crazy, altho it's probably gonna be more ports of indies that haven't been on nintendo switch yet, but still… either they are gonna slow down a lot with each trailer or they have a **** ton of games to show, lmao.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm just spinning in my head just how much nindies content is gonna be shown in 30 mins. You guys know how fast and much content they show in just like under 10-15 mins right?… holy hell… indies devs are going crazy, altho it's probably gonna be more ports of indies that haven't been on nintendo switch yet, but still… either they are gonna slow down a lot with each trailer or they have a **** ton of games to show, lmao.
What if they bring over some of those Microsoft exclusive indies like the rumors are claiming? Naturally those would get a bit more focus considering how big they are.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Hmm that would put a Direct on the week of the 25th or the 1st. If true, my money's on the 1st. Probably a Smash Direct regarding Smash 3.0, which'll likely launch mid-April.
If the direct is one Aprils fools day, then I demand a April Fools joke from Sakurai xD

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
What if they bring over some of those Microsoft exclusive indies like the rumors are claiming? Naturally those would get a bit more focus considering how big they are.
If it means Ori for Switch, I would love that

If the direct is one Aprils fools day, then I demand a April Fools joke from Sakurai xD
April Fools… Joker's arcana is "the fool"… Hmmmm

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I think it's great that we're getting 30 minutes of indies. I dunno why Nintendo fans have to take it so personally when an entire direct doesn't cater specifically to more Nintendo games. Like...do you know how many great games are indie? 30 minutes of indies means we're gonna see a TON of brand new games for our Switches. Nindies Showcase directs are always a good deal to me because of that.

Also I'm more than okay with most of them being ports. I'd rather play games curled up in my bed with my Switch than sitting straight up looking at a computer monitor.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
We already got it, it's called Piranha Plant.
I need more xD As someone that loves playing with Piranha Plant, give something like a Gomba or Shy Guy next as Free DLC if you buy the figherpass before Joker is released xD While I'm not 100% serious, I love the idea of something like a playable Gomba, Shy Guy, Boo or maybe even Hammer Bro for the sake of ****s and giggles.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We already got it, it's called Piranha Plant.
He's not a joke character. He's a surprise character. Only Pichu and Jigglypuff were intentional joke characters. They're different things. PP, like Wii Fit Trainer, Mr. Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt were all unexpected, being surprises. R.O.B. less so, but a similar idea.

The character is actually not presented as being weak nor intended that way, to make it hard to tell they're actually strong. That's the point of a joke character, to be weak overall. PP doesn't fit that category in any remote way.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't think Japan heeds Aprils Fools as much. We actually got the news of Lucas being Smash 4 DLC plus the Fighter Ballot on an April 1st. Both things that were far from jokes for most of us.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I don't think Japan heeds Aprils Fools as much. We actually got the news of Lucas being Smash 4 DLC plus the Fighter Ballot on an April 1st. Both things that were far from jokes for most of us.
That's actually kinda funny to think about now.

"This ballot is for future inclusions in Smash 4! APRIL FOOL'S! We're mostly using it for Ultimate!"

... The best April Fool's joke we ever got.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's actually kinda funny to think about now.

"This ballot is for future inclusions in Smash 4! APRIL FOOL'S! We're mostly using it for Ultimate!"

... The best April Fool's joke we ever got.
It was never said it would even be used for Smash 4. Just that it "may" have a character included as DLC. It did directly say it will be taken into account for future installments. So... the joke doesn't work due to the reality of what the ballot is. A multi-use suggestion box that never guaranteed a DLC Smash 4 character.

D

Deleted member

I love Persona 4 to bits but I see it as kind of like FF6. To me Persona 5 is the FF7 equivalent just like how Dragon Quest 3 is the FF7 of that franchise.
I haven't played Persona 5 (for some baffling reason) but I loved Persona 4. It's like the only RPG I've beaten twice because it's that well structured and enjoyable. I literally bought a PS2 just to play Persona 4 and a PS Vita just to play Persona 4 Golden. Still holds up to this day despite being released on the PS2. Persona 3 was pretty monotonous but it at least had a ******** soundtrack and was what got me into the series.

I seriously hope they add Persona 3 and 4 music to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I haven't played Persona 5 (for some baffling reason) but I loved Persona 4. It's like the only RPG I've beaten twice because it's that well structured and enjoyable. I literally bought a PS2 just to play Persona 4 and a PS Vita just to play Persona 4 Golden. Still holds up to this day despite being released on the PS2. Persona 3 was pretty monotonous but it at least had a ******** soundtrack.

We better get Burn My Dread or I will riot :mad088:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I haven't played Persona 5 (for some baffling reason) but I loved Persona 4. It's like the only RPG I've beaten twice because it's that well structured and enjoyable. I literally bought a PS2 just to play Persona 4 and a PS Vita just to play Persona 4 Golden. Still holds up to this day despite being released on the PS2. Persona 3 was pretty monotonous but it at least had a ******** soundtrack.

We better get Burn My Dread or I will riot :mad088:
Ahh...People of culture I see.

Mass Destruction and Time to make history. Please and thank you. (Also Tanaka Smashified theme...)

D

Deleted member

Ahh...People of culture I see.

Mass Destruction and Time to make history. Please and thank you. (Also Tanaka Smashified theme...)
Joker getting into Smash is sort of whatever to me, but Persona making it in Smash? I would have been damned if I told innocent highschool Bolderousness Persona would be in Smash Bros.

I feel like Joker has been the longest waited character ever now! We've known about him for like what, almost 4 months now AND still no actual sign of a gameplay trailer. The only wait for a character I can remember being this long for was for Cloud, but even he had some actual gameplay shown off when he got revealed. I know it takes time to develop a character, but this slowness is getting ridiculous. This drought may be even longer than Roy and Ryu's reveal to when we even got Cloud!
It's pretty crazy. Not helping was how Piranha Plant was not finished until the start of February, which is what most likely slowed Joker's release. What's worse in my eyes is that the wait for DLC is actually longer than the wait for Ultimate after E3 of last year. Yeesh.

Last edited by a moderator:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
They did excellent casting for the Captain Marvel role in this.
And that is something that was being needed for a good time now. Hahaha

Here is an update for the status of the FFVII Remake up until now.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
And that is something that was being need for a good time now. Hahaha

Here is an update for the status of the FFVII Remake up until now.
I'll take a look at the video in a bit. But I will point out, I'm excited but when it comes to Square Enix I know too well that they almost never hold up their promises with anything.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yup, sure can't wait for the next Smash direct to happen and for us to DEFINITELY get the second DLC character revealed ahahahahahahaha *twitch*

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I know I'm going to watch the direct tomorrow and look for something that'll keep me busy until April. They're indie games, therefore they won't cost me as much money as AAA Nintendo games, and most of the ones I've played are either sizable or encourage replays.

It's almost as if the showcase is a giant neon sign saying "WHILE WAITING FOR MORE SMASH / GENERAL NINTENDO NEWS, CHECK US OUT IN THE MEANTIME" or something :shrugemoji:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Well, remember, and this was stated in this very thread previously, that usually Directs show up not long after Indie showcases
Also, this Indie Direct is the longest one to date. Just sharing this random piece of trivia out there. XD

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
lol yeah, i don't even care who it is anymore, i just want it to be over.
Same here. It is so frustrating, exasting and everything else that comes with it

Well, remember, and this was stated in this very thread previously, that usually Directs show up not long after Indie showcases
Also, this Indie Direct is the longest one to date. Just sharing this random piece of trivia out there. XD
Hmmm...

Top Bottom