• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Thankfully the direct is tomorrow.

Otherwise this hint dropped by Polar would cause another huge debate :laugh:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Crab, Hitagi Senjougahara? Holy ****!?
KATALINA WAS REAL ALL ALONG
Picture is from the film Roma, and the crab is from a port. Maybe character is Mexican or Italian due to Rome being Roma? It could also be that the character is beach related.

It's just too fun to speculate :b
Ezio along with an Assassin's Creed port!
THE SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE CHARACTER IS DEAD!!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Verge said Pikmin 3 too, but I just read someone else say this.

edit: yeah Vergeben said we'll see a Pikmin 3 port and Star Fox Grand Prix tomorrow.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And how are people feeling about spoiling the direct?
not sure myself but maybe i understand more now people checking only the forum after the direct

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Yep. I bet it's the return of F-Zero. Maybe it's part of the Star Fox Grand Prix. Maybe it returns as a title of its own.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
My bet is that its Erdrick is going to announced. Calling it right now!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
not sure myself but maybe i understand more now people checking only the forum after the direct
while the surprise is gone, I'll still get to see what it actually looks like and stuff + how I feel so I don't mind too much.

I would be bothered if most of the Direct was spoiled for me, though. I guess that's what happens when you're online, dang youtube thumbnails spoiled the final boss fight with Bowser in Odyssey for me...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Probably wont be on tomorrow until after the direct. Got college work and a mind to avoid spoilers where they're most probable to surface.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
while the surprise is gone, I'll still get to see what it actually looks like and stuff + how I feel so I don't mind too much.

I would be bothered if most of the Direct was spoiled for me, though. I guess that's what happens when you're online, dang youtube thumbnails spoiled the final boss fight with Bowser in Odyssey for me...
Yeah i dont mind this much, but if the rest could be spoiled, thinking maybe i'll only check after for once.
i dont know when people use spoiler tags or not.

Probably wont be on tomorrow until after the direct. Got college work and a mind to avoid spoilers where they're most probable to surface.
ah alright well that kinda works out for you.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
My only way to get around this issue will be to just disable Chrome alerts, use incognito mode and watch the direct through there. I won't be able to watch it live because of college schedule, and by the time I go back home, most of the big discussion will dry out.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'll be at work when the Direct airs, though I'll probably try to listen to it. Plug in an Ear bud and keep it in my pocket as I do work.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Even if the teaser is Pikmin, I'd appreciate ports of the first 3 Pikmin games since I only played the first one...on Wii. In that game you move the cursor with the pointer on the Wiimote, and my arm isn't especially steady, so I couldn't get my Pikmin where I wanted them half the time.

I chalked it up to needing to play the GameCube original...only for prices for GameCube games to start skyrocketing on the secondhand market, like with Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. As a result, I never got into the series due to a port whose controls I didn't like and the original being too costly. Switch ports with traditional controls, with an option for gyro aiming if you want it, would be ideal for me.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'll be busy for most of the day w/ college classes, so I'm not gonna get spoiled prior to the Direct.

And I'll probably be able to start watching the Direct as soon as it finishes airing live, so I'll probably be on this thread or the General thread after I'm done with it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Any normal person would go directly to watch the direct instead of coming here as soon as they can watch it anyway, i don't get the worry about this, lol

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Any normal person would go directly to watch the direct instead of coming here as soon as they can watch it anyway, i don't get the worry about this, lol
verge and some others have already been spilling some of the contents. So it's possible people could know the announcements before the direct.

I dont know yet what i'll do tomorow, but hope it's a good day and see y'all on the other side. gnight.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I have no problem spoiling myself Nintendo directs. More often than not I get disappointed by them, so I prefer going in knowing it'll be worth it.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Polar posted the pic on resetera and said that its for a game announcement and that someone already got it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...blem-three-houses.99184/page-70#post-17852096
Oddly that specific crab statue appears in the movie Roma which is up for best picture this year. Probably unrelated tho.

Blue crabs remind me of mudcrabs (but Skyrim is already on the Switch) and also Mirelurks from Fallout. You have to collect 300 crabs in Kingdom Hearts 3. There are giant blue-ish crabs in Pikmin 3. The original "giant enemy crab" meme comes from Genji: Days of the Blade, which may be a very indirect hint towards Overwatch. The "big blue" crab may be a nod towards Big Blue from F-Zero. These are all things that come to mind.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, at least we finally have an answer of that. He wasn't sure before(as noted multiple times), but his main source(which seems to only be direct-related. Huh, reminds me of Gematsu a little) finally gave a straight answer.

Now I'm really hoping for Steve down the line. :grin:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/SaitoYosuke_Z/status/1095634673814761477?s=20
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1095342251926941703?s=20
So Saito and Hashimoto are reacting to the direct announcement. They are both directors of Square Enix.
At this point something big related to SE has to happen in the direct I guess.
Still not directly related with Smash, I mean, I know we're gotta have something Smash related and I don't need those twitters to know it. But, at least those twitts confirms the SE stuff (FF ports for example)
I do HOPE for the "However... we have one more announcement" and reveal the character so we can move on into the new arc/season

D

Deleted member

Polar Bear deserves some days to relax.
That user could come to the Canary Islands, since we have a dope weather at the moment and nice beaches with clean water.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
So, Verge is finally going all in on Erdrick?

I guess that's that; I fully expect Sword Gohan now.

As for the blue crab picture, my mind is saying Pikmin but my heart is screaming F-ZERO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, Verge is finally going all in on Erdrick?

I guess this is it; I fully expect Sword Gohan now.

As for the blue crab picture, my mind is saying Pikmin but my heart is screaming F-ZERO.
Erdrick can use more stuff than a sword doh.

Top Bottom