• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hm. well it's possible I jumped the gun in thinking it applied to most of them. at least in terms of being descendants.
DQVIII is set in another dimension from DQIII
I do wish 7,8,9 were connected somehow.

Well, 7 and 9 mention the Almighty one, I just have a hard time nailing which one would go first.

I really wish Eight was one of the alts. He has one of the coolest designs IMO.[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
DQXI has a strong connection to the original trilogy (it tells you right away that it takes place in a world called Erdrea, that ain't a spoiler), but none of the main series games in between are related. They're all part of a vague multiverse, though, and the spinoffs love to have characters jump around. Empyrea has straight-up dimension-hopping powers, and I'm pretty sure Torneko's been everywhere. Torneko vs. Gilgamesh: Interdimensional Sword Hoarders is the ultimate critically-acclaimed best-selling crossover that'll never exist.

Anyway, only the heroes of DQI, DQII (and cousins) and DQIII are part of the same bloodline. It's fun to interpret the weirdness of the first two games' heroes as the bloodline getting weaker over time; Erdrick has the full suite of hero powers, the DQI hero doesn't have lightning magic, and the DQII hero doesn't have any magic at all and has to fight an evil god with nothing but guts and a wingsuit.
DQVIII is set in another dimension from DQIII
I do wish 7,8,9 were connected somehow.

Well, 7 and 9 mention the Almighty one, I just have a hard time nailing which one would go first.

I really wish Eight was one of the alts. He has one of the coolest designs IMO.[/spoiler]
I heard they were connected with some timeline stuff, but after i checked I think, like I said, it might be more fan theory. altho someone said 7 didn't have much to connect with. I dont know how much they are tho, and I'll only look more into it after i play dq11 for myself, I think.

I'm not a great fan of 8's design, but I'd like him in just for all his fans :)

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
One question:
If Brave isn't a S-E character, how would you see the speculation evolve?
Would you see the Erdrick rumor take a huge blow or would it be an imperceptible hit?

D

Deleted member

One question:
Would you see the Erdrick rumor take a huge blow or would it be an imperceptible hit?
I'm pretty much of the idea that if brave isn't a SE character, stuff is the same as usual for me unless its another character from the doubtful 5ch leak. Only dude pushing for Erdrick's reveal tomorrow is Xenother but he is doubtful of it. If Erdrick's not revealed, it falls in line with what Tansut revealed before so it doesn't affect my predictions.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
One question:
It wouldn't be a direct hit, but it'd feel weird to have someone codenamed 'brave' when DQ is still possible. So, i might have a little less hope for one, but it doesnt stop the chatter that's been going around, and there's still supposed to be an SE rep.. well according to verge and all of 'em.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
One question:
I'm pretty sure as long as the insiders are backing erdrick, discussion will remain stagnant.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I'm not convinced. I think it means we're getting Dark Peckish Aristocrab as an Echo Stage Hazard.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Or, you know... could be referencing KH.
Those damn crabs.. Hahaha

If it's general, I can see it being Big Blue.
New F-Zero, most likely

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I'll just say this in advance in case Erdrick really is the next DLC character:

Congratulations to the Erdrick fans. I know that you guys have been waiting for him to be in Smash for a long time, seeing him get in makes me feel happy since I know how many people wanted him. Maybe I'll get one of my most wanted ones next game, but for now, congratulation to y'all. :p

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It's the Giant Enemy Crab from Sony's E3 2006 press conference.

Attack its weak point for massive damage! Ridley also has a "weak point" mechanic, so they'll be a Ridley echo since he has a "weak point" in his mouth when charging up Plasma Breath. Since echo fighters aren't part of the Fighter's Pass, this means they're free DLC.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll just say this in advance in case Erdrick really is the next DLC character:

Congratulations to the Erdrick fans. I know that you guys have been waiting for him to be in Smash for a long time, seeing him get in makes me feel happy since I know how many people wanted him. Maybe I'll get one of my most wanted ones next game, but for now, congratulation to y'all. :p
I really don't think we can say much. Best to save the congrats for whoever ends up getting in.
Also, I'd say most dq fans didn't even expect it being possible to get dq in smash before this year.

I wonder how it'll feel if it really happens, because the closest for me was isabelle but she's a semi-clone and I'm not as big of a fan of her than I am of DQ. She's so ****in cute tho :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

JK before, Monster Hunter Daimyo Hermitaur is also a giant crab, although Caenataur and Shogun Caenataur fit more. Hope it means the rumored new Switch MH :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Wanted to drop in before the big day.

I somehow doubt that we’ll actually get our next DLC character announced tomorrow. I’m expecting some Joker gameplay and maybe a release date for him. Although maybe they’ll want to show off Joker, while also announcing the next character. Kind of like what they did with Mewtwo and Lucas. Who knows? I’m trying to keep hype in check.

However, I’m really hoping that we get that Erdrick reveal. I’ve been banking on Dragon Quest in Smash for a while, and I really think it would be awesome to see what Smash could do for the series. The amount of my friends that got into Street Fighter and Final Fantasy after Ryu and Cloud’s inclusion is insane. Maybe then they’ll listen to me when I tell them how dope DQXI is...

Anyways, good luck to all of you. I’m not the biggest Square Enix fanboy, but judging by the traffic that this thread gets, I imagine many many people will be happy once we get our expected SE rep. Cheers, boys.

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. It's a BIG BLUE crab, so clearly Panda is saying that F-Zero NX is gonna be in this direct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dunno what panda's been told, or what about, but Crab is also the cancer zodiac sign.

Just throwing that idea out there, I know there's some zodiac stuff in some games. KH had some too.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben is on Gamefaqs saying that Star Fox GP and Pikmin 3 are 100% in the direct tomorrow. It's what Jon at gamexplain said in his predictions so that's a few minutes out of the way.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, uh, this is going too far into it, but I think it's funny i actually found this info, so here you go.

That specific crab monument is from Puerto Ceiba, Tabasco.
It was once in a movie called Roma, and in the scene with it there's a character called Sofia explaining some stuff to the kids.

You know who else is called Sofia? she right there in my avatar :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Picture is from the film Roma, and the crab is from a port. Maybe character is Mexican or Italian due to Rome being Roma? It could also be that the character is beach related.

It's just too fun to speculate :b

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Picture is from the film Roma, and the crab is from a port. Maybe character is Mexican or Italian due to Rome being Roma? It could also be that the character is beach related.

It's just too fun to speculate :b
As in MOTHER THREE port? :4pacman:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I think people are looking too much into this.
I don't think the message is so hidden beneath the image like that.
Hints like these are usually very subtle, but right in our faces.

Top Bottom