• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Unless I'm reading something wrong it would seem Verge backs Erdrick now.
I'm packing my bags then. That's all I need to say Erdrick is 100% in.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Unfortunately the suffering doesn't end since he's not sure they'll show anything smash related today. (Except maybe joker?)
My theory on that is if Joker is going to be shown off and no one has any confirmation on it, I think they're keeping the Smash stuff on Code 9 lockdown. We all know they're going to show off Smash Bros content. It's not a secret. That, or we're getting a Smash Bros direct, and that would also be great as long as we knew when.

I already know Erdrick is in now so I'm pretty content with either possibility.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
My theory on that is if Joker is going to be shown off and no one has any confirmation on it, I think they're keeping the Smash stuff on Code 9 lockdown. That, or we're getting a Smash Bros direct, and that would also be great as long as we knew when.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch my dude. I want him in too but wait until confirmation.

D

Deleted member

Don't count your chickens before they hatch my dude. I want him in too but wait until confirmation.
Oh no. I've historically said I believe in Vergeben when he says a character is in. He can't get dates right for ****, but damn can he guess a Smash Bros character. That's pretty much going to be the only discussion I can bring up now, too, when it comes to discussing chances.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Hokuto Okamoto, the producer of DQXI, is now retweeting Yosuke Saito's tweet reacting to the direct.
These two people also reacted to the smash launch and nothing really happened so... I don't really know what's going on between SE and Nintendo.
But I think Shinji Hashimoto reacting is a big deal. He is a one of directors of SE but also a senior vice president.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My theory on that is if Joker is going to be shown off and no one has any confirmation on it, I think they're keeping the Smash stuff on Code 9 lockdown. We all know they're going to show off Smash Bros content. It's not a secret. That, or we're getting a Smash Bros direct, and that would also be great as long as we knew when.

Erdrick is likely in, but I'd still wait until his confirmation before calling him a lock.

D

Deleted member

Hokuto Okamoto, the producer of DQXI, is now retweeting Yosuke Saito's tweet reacting to the direct.
These two people also reacted to the smash launch and nothing really happened so... I don't really know what's going on between SE and Nintendo.
But I think Shinji Hashimoto reacting is a big deal. He is a one of directors of SE but also a senior vice president.
At this point, how can the Square Enix representative not be revealed this time around... unless they do something like this again in the autumn direct.

Erdrick is likely in, but I'd still wait until his confirmation before calling him a lock.
The one thing holding me back from certainty was Vergeben not backing Erdrick. Only just stating he's heard Erdrick the most. Now that we know for sure Vergeben backs Erdrick, I think it's an absolute certainty we're getting sword Goku. The only thing up for debate, in my opinion, is when.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Watch it be a different character that isn’t Dragon Quest.:p

But yeah, it sounds like a given that Erdrick is in.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well then... Verg finally goes all-in on Erdrick.

So yes... he's more likely.

But y'all know I'm still skeptical.

So I'd put it at a 75% chance that Brave is Erdrick.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo Direct today at 5 PM Eastern time.

Now we will finally know who the second DLC character is tonight.

D

Deleted member

Im surprised that Verge backs Erdrick now, he was kinda leaning on him for the last month or so. Kinda glad that a character I like is backed by a few people now, but its not over until the reveal Im afraid :b

Really excited for the direct if all the rumors about DQXI S global release, ports of DQVIII and KH, FFVII out today, Star Fox, Pikmin, become true. Hope for a new Platinum game as well!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo Direct today at 5 PM Eastern time.

Now we will finally know who the second DLC character is tonight.
Don't want to pull "hype responsibly" card, but it's not guaranteed that we'll get a Smash reveal.

D

Deleted member

Im surprised that Verge backs Erdrick now, he was kinda leaning on him for the last month or so. Kinda glad that a character I like is backed by a few people now, but its not over until the reveal Im afraid :b

Really excited for the direct if all the rumors about DQXI S global release, ports of DQVIII and KH, FFVII out today, Star Fox, Pikmin, become true. Hope for a new Platinum game as well!
My face when Erdrick got backed by Vergeben.

Even beyond that, the list of games that might be revealed look great this time around. I'm also excited to see what they're going to be doing for FE Three Houses as an FE fan.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Aside from Dragon Quest, my big thing tonight is Metroid Prime Trilogy. I'd just dusted off my Wii to play them through again when the rumours hit, and suddenly I had to choose between going ahead now or waiting for a possibly better version. I just wanna know so I can get outta Metroid limbo.

I'm not much into Fire Emblem, so I hope anyone who is gets the info they want, but I don't want it to take up half the presentation. I'll probably play it eventually, but I'm not starving for details, y'know?

I hope the 2D Zelda rumour pans out. I've always preferred 2D over 3D Zelda, and I thought ALBW was fantastic, so I'm optimistic. BOTW was a great game, but it just wasn't what I wanted out of Zelda.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Personally, if Verge is backing Erdrick now, I think that about clinches it. The only other thing he's gotten wrong that he was sure about was Minecraft in the base game and Steve being play-tested (debunked by Noatesty). I know it's not over 'til it's over, but it pretty much is in my mind.

Congrats, DQ/Erdrick fans! I'm really glad it looks like you're getting your guy. It sucks for my main man Geno, really, but I know Erdrick still makes a lot of people happy. Please root for us to get Geno back in some form outside of Smash, though! That's my biggest hope!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
While a Dragon Quest character reveal would probably be my highlight if it happens I'm keeping my hype in check both in case it isn't, and to try and not be slightly disappointed that it's not Slime...

That said with talk of Pikmin, Mario Maker and Fire Emblem this simply has to be the time for right joycon mouse controls, right? There's no getting me off that hype train!

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I'm hyped because the game is awesome and the soundtrack is one of Sugiyama's best scores.
Also, it's S-E, so their CG work should be top notch

Klimax

Smash Ace
I think Erdrick is coming. I like him a bit, not too much, I hope he will be cool.
I would have prefered Slime or the main character from DQ Monster Joker. But hey, DQ is probably in the game, that's cool.

Top Bottom