• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's this one user in the Social thread that I just can't stand. I literally only said that I think Sora has a chance and he called me a "tinfoil hat". Every single post he makes is rude, and he acts this way towards everyone.
A lot of people in life are gonna act like they're better than you with this weird sense of entitlement about being better or doing something in a way that you're not, or making you feel like **** for liking something they don't, whatever.

Key piece of advice?

Pay them ******* no mind.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There's this one user in the Social thread that I just can't stand. I literally only said that I think Sora has a chance and he called me a "tinfoil hat". Every single post he makes is rude, and he acts this way towards everyone.
It's the freaking social thread, what did you expect? There is a reason i don't go there since August as I keep saying. As many here say that there are good people there, it's definitely not the majority lol, but rather more people of that caliber. I honestly suggest you spend more time in support threads, they are waaaaay more friendly and open mind.

Doesn't PolarPanda have the Direct info the day before?
Not her specifically but one of her biggest sources. So far that source has been offline all day today, so we are just as clueless about the content as you guys are. I wouldn't worry lol, Nintendo must have their ninja eyes on everyone right now so they are being carefull.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
So, I want to make sure I am getting this correctly, several insiders claim Erdrick is in the game but don't have the receipts other than supposed detective work and the supposed "Brave" name leak?

D

Deleted member

So, I want to make sure I am getting this correctly, several insiders claim Erdrick is in the game but don't have the receipts other than supposed detective work and the supposed "Brave" name leak?
Yes. Most aren't 100% behind him, however Xenother (whose track record I don't know of, but Polar trusts them) and Tansut (who leaked Cloud for Smash 4) have completely backed him. Tansut also seemed to imply that he knows specific details about them (depending on how you interpret their wording), but I think he's made it clear he's unable to let onto things beyond just nodding towards things in the past with the manner in which he leaked Cloud.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
They have heard his name the most =/= them claiming it's 100% him. They are just concluding so because it's what they most heard. It doesn't mean it's him since it's not solid proof of anything in the end.

D

Deleted member

What has Tansut said about Erdrick?
They're happening, they'll have male/female alts, and that from "what he's gathered" that the reveal likely wouldn't be soon (this was late December I think) and that's it.
They also never explicitly used Erdricks name but just referred to it as "DQ", but M/F alts would line up with them likely.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hmm. Could Tansut be wrong, because I still think there's something hella sketch about how telegraphed Erdrick is.

Also if Brave is Erdrick wouldn't there be a way to datamine that they have alts like a male or female?

Or do I just not understand how this **** works? Considering it'd be two different models, correct?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hmm. Could Tansut be wrong, because I still think there's something hella sketch about how telegraphed Erdrick is.

Also if Brave is Erdrick wouldn't there be a way to datamine that they have alts like a male or female?

Or do I just not understand how this **** works? Considering it'd be two different models, correct?
All we know of "brave" is their name and stats.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Yes. Most aren't 100% behind him, however Xenother (whose track record I don't know of, but Polar trusts them) and Tansut (who leaked Cloud for Smash 4) have completely backed him. Tansut also seemed to imply that he knows specific details about them (depending on how you interpret their wording), but I think he's made it clear he's unable to let onto things beyond just nodding towards things in the past with the manner in which he leaked Cloud.
They're happening, they'll have male/female alts, and that from "what he's gathered" that the reveal likely wouldn't be soon (this was late December I think) and that's it.
They also never explicitly used Erdricks name but just referred to it as "DQ", but M/F alts would line up with them likely.
He said "I hope you guys are ready for a new dlc " and posted a dairy queen dq sign. He also said the female alt thing is real

Hmm. I wanted to ask because I have a gut feeling that the carpet will be pulled from under our feet again come the next Smash reveal (whether in this direct or not). I could be wrong though since I was so taken offguard by Joker's initial reveal.

Untouch

Smash Master
Looking back, the only newcomer without multiple alts in Smash 4 was Ryu.
Obviously this isn't a pattern or hint, but it makes sense that Erdrick would too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Looking back, the only newcomer without multiple alts in Smash 4 was Ryu.
Obviously this isn't a pattern or hint, but it makes sense that Erdrick would too.
What do you mean? What did ryu have different from lucas and roy? (or i guess you'd count them as returning vets?)

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Check the credits in Ultimate, there are two empty slots in the voice actors section. Fem and Male Erdrick may be in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wonder if it's really just a general Hero that also has Erdrick's male and female form. In the West, a lot of people recognize different Heroes more, like Eight and Erdrick's Descendant. So while you can't throw in every single Hero as an alt, you can do some as long as the bodyshape isn't too off. Like with the Koopalings. It's not my preference, but I could see it work well. Akin to how Simon and Richter were thrown in, to please both sides of the world.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if it's really just a general Hero that also has Erdrick's male and female form. In the West, a lot of people recognize different Heroes more, like Eight and Erdrick's Descendant. So while you can't throw in every single Hero as an alt, you can do some as long as the bodyshape isn't too off. Like with the Koopalings. It's not my preference, but I could see it work well. Akin to how Simon and Richter were thrown in, to please both sides of the world.
I WOULD CRY IF EIGHT GOT IN SMASH EVEN AS AN ALT.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The leak rumors are Erdrick + female alt + Luminary + Anlucia.
Luminary is more recent and probably more known in the west, so they've got that covered.
It'd be cool if there was tons of alt heroes.

Really tho, i dont know what's going to happen. I'm gonna approach things with an open mind as much as I can.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The leak rumors are Erdrick + female alt + Luminary + Anlucia.
Luminary is more recent and probably more known in the west, so they've got that covered.
It'd be cool if there was tons of alt heroes.

Really tho, i dont know what's going to happen. I'm gonna approach things with an open mind as much as I can.
It'd explain some of the weird rumors too.

But yeah, it should be interesting whatever happens. It could be my personal choice, it could have alts that please multiple people. Hell, I would love it if Erdrick's Descendant is one of the alts alone~

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It'd explain some of the weird rumors too.

But yeah, it should be interesting whatever happens. It could be my personal choice, it could have alts that please multiple people. Hell, I would love it if Erdrick's Descendant is one of the alts alone~
Technically all of the DQ heroes are Erdrick's descendents, so as long as they have one more it'd work :p
I do think multiple heroes could work well enough and would please more people.

Well, there were some people who preferred focusing on one character to have more personality, but erdrick in the game could have like over 30 different personalities, so i dunno how i feel about it. I definitely wouldn't mind joyful expressions. But i think all the heroes could have that too, so :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Technically all of the DQ heroes are Erdrick's descendents, so as long as they have one more it'd work :p
I do think multiple heroes could work well enough and would please more people.

Well, there were some people who preferred focusing on one character to have more personality, but erdrick in the game could have like over 30 different personalities, so i dunno how i feel about it. I definitely wouldn't mind joyful expressions. But i think all the heroes could have that too, so :)
...The first hero(Dragon Quest 1) really needs a proper name, heh.

Yeah, they're somewhat interchangeable at times. Not all. Many are reasonably different.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Yeah, they're somewhat interchangeable at times. Not all. Many are reasonably different.
Ohhh dq1 hero. I just call him the dragon warrior.
Yeah, and even I think it'd be easy to put the armor on erdrick for an alt, if not the whole character :p

I definitely think that'd be one they could add easily. Here's hoping dq is in and there's something cool like that :)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Well Word on the streets of Akihabara I hear whispers of a name... Alef.
At least according to a radio dorama.
(Alternatively, Kenshin, if you consider the original DQ Swords TV version to be the Canon one).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ohhh dq1 hero. I just call him the dragon warrior.
Yeah, and even I think it'd be easy to put the armor on erdrick for an alt, if not the whole character :p

I definitely think that'd be one they could add easily. Here's hoping dq is in and there's something cool like that :)
Though at the very least if it is Slime, there's a ton of good costumes due to the immense swaps it naturally has. Besides the basic Blue and Red, anyway.

Well Word on the streets of Akihabara I hear whispers of a name... Alef.
At least according to a radio dorama.
(Alternatively, Kenshin, if you consider the original DQ Swords TV version to be the Canon one).
Never saw the TV version. Alef sounds good.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont know how far they'd go with the alts, but besides some of the main heroes,..
Personally I'd love Teresa from DQ Heroes 2. I just like her design so much (including the pink hair)

I dont know if there'd be a chance to have them as alts, but I'd be so happy if they were :D

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
To be pedantic, it's only the hero from DQI and the party from DQII who are related to Erdrick (I guess Princess Gwaelin is a descendant-of-Erdrick-in-law?). Most of the games past DQIII take place in totally separate worlds.

I've always said that I'd prefer to just have the Erdricks over a big pile of heroes so they could be a little more unique, but I'll be happy to take whatever we might get. I'd be pretty excited if Anlucia was an alt, though, since that'd have all the Brand Implications that come from using a character from an un-localized game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To be pedantic, it's only the hero from DQI and the party from DQII who are related to Erdrick (I guess Princess Gwaelin is a descendant-of-Erdrick-in-law?). Most of the games past DQIII take place in totally separate worlds.

I've always said that I'd prefer to just have the Erdricks over a big pile of heroes so they could be a little more unique, but I'll be happy to take whatever we might get. I'd be pretty excited if Anlucia was an alt, though, since that'd have all the Brand Implications that come from using a character from an un-localized game.
Well, not according to some lore. And there's some spoilers about DQ11 that i wont get into too. (regarding luminary and all)

D

Deleted member

Well, not according to some lore. And there's some spoilers about DQ11 that i wont get into too. (regarding luminary and all)
From what I know of DQVIII, it seems like Eight isn’t an Erdrick descendent.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
From what I know of DQVIII, it seems like Eight isn’t an Erdrick descendent.
Hm. well it's possible I jumped the gun in thinking it applied to most of them. at least in terms of being descendants.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DQ I to III are set in the same universe (Erdricks trilogy), IV to VI are also kinda in the same universe (Zenithia trilogy). The rest of the games are pretty much confined to their own universes.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
DQ I to III are set in the same universe (Erdricks trilogy), IV to VI are also kinda in the same universe (Zenithia trilogy). The rest of the games are pretty much confined to their own universes.
There's some theories on how they all connect, because of some stuff in dq11. I think there might be more instances too. but from what I saw it might not be as direct as I thought, in that it might be mostly fan theories. I havent played dq11 myself, so I'll have to step down from more assertions :p

D

Deleted member

There's some theories on how they all connect, because of some stuff in dq11. I think there might be more instances too. but from what I saw it might not be as direct as I thought, in that it might be mostly fan theories. I havent played dq11 myself, so I'll have to step down from more assertions :p
There are a few references here and there to other games. There is a connection implied in DQXI with another game but is pretty spoilery.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
DQXI has a strong connection to the original trilogy (it tells you right away that it takes place in a world called Erdrea, that ain't a spoiler), but none of the main series games in between are related. They're all part of a vague multiverse, though, and the spinoffs love to have characters jump around. Empyrea has straight-up dimension-hopping powers, and I'm pretty sure Torneko's been everywhere. Torneko vs. Gilgamesh: Interdimensional Sword Hoarders is the ultimate critically-acclaimed best-selling crossover that'll never exist.

Anyway, only the heroes of DQI, DQII (and cousins) and DQIII are part of the same bloodline. It's fun to interpret the weirdness of the first two games' heroes as the bloodline getting weaker over time; Erdrick has the full suite of hero powers, the DQI hero doesn't have lightning magic, and the DQII hero doesn't have any magic at all and has to fight an evil god with nothing but guts and a wingsuit.

Top Bottom