• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This is pretty much a repost of what I've written a few pages back.
But I got better news
Takashi Tokita, lead designer for FFIV, Chrono Trigger and Parasite Eve has retweeted the Nintendo Direct. We're getting big news related to some of these series, most likely
That's nice ..
Can we say there's probably something important Square wise now? :)

D

Deleted member

But I got more news
Takashi Tokita, lead designer for FFIV, Chrono Trigger and Parasite Eve has retweeted the Nintendo Direct. We're getting big news related to some of these series, most likely
Whelp fellas. This really does look like the light at the end of the tunnel if all of this Square stuff is happening. Noice. I'm sick of talking about this subject, XD.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben did say that there were Dragon Quest ports to be announced for the Switch, so maybe even more SE games than just them will be released as well.
Though, I'm still skeptical about a character reveal for the SE character when it comes to Smash being next, just a gut feeling I guess.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben did say that there were Dragon Quest ports to be announced for the Switch, so maybe even more SE games than just them will be released as well.
Though, I'm still skeptical about a character reveal for the SE character when it comes to Smash being next, just a gut feeling I guess.
The final stepping stone for me to fully believe Erdrick are the producers retweeting the direct. More than nervous because it seems it might be Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger we might see instead.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The final stepping stone for me to fully believe Erdrick are the producers retweeting the direct. More than nervous because it seems it might be Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger we might see instead.
The thing is it's not a smash direct, so it could all just be for news on games. The fact that they're SE employees may be enough for any kind of cool SE announcement tho.

D

Deleted member

Where are there talks of CT content appearing tomorrow?

D

Deleted member

The thing is it's not a smash direct, so it could all just be for news on games. The fact that they're SE employees may be enough for any kind of cool SE announcement tho.
hmmmmmmmmmmm That is true. In fact, MajoraMan28 MajoraMan28 made a tweet in the Geno thread saying:

Yes, he did work on VII.
But I still think there could be more behind it. He made a tweet in 2017 of a secret project he would start on the Switch.
So expect a major game coming to the Switch. Be it a Chrono Trigger HD-2D remake under the same vein as Octopath, FFVII Remake, a new Parasite Eve or simply a new FF game altogether
Could be possible. Plus FF7 release date for Switch so I can play it at college. That'd be good

Where are there talks of CT content appearing tomorrow?
None, and that could be the issue. From a leakbait angle, the most frequently stated names from leakers seem to point to Erdrick, so naturally **** Erdrick and put someone unexpected instead like Crono. Or just put Sora in as well since no one seems to be hearing him.

Last edited by a moderator:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
hmmmmmmmmmmm That is true. In fact, MajoraMan28 MajoraMan28 made a tweet in the Geno thread saying:

Could be possible. Plus FF7 release date for Switch so I can play it at college. That'd be good

None, and that could be the issue. From a leakbait angle, the most frequently stated names from leakers seem to point to Erdrick, so naturally **** Erdrick and put someone unexpected instead like Crono. Or just put Sora in as well since no one seems to be hearing him.
The consensus is we're getting a FFVII shadowdrop with the direct. So you'll be happy with that by the end of the presentation. ^^

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, wasn't it said that there was going to be some KH3 news coming soon a couple days ago?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The consensus is we're getting a FFVII shadowdrop with the direct. So you'll be happy with that by the end of the presentation. ^^
consensus by who? lol

but really i dont know what to expect. Maybe they'll even cover FF, KH, DQ, and more :O

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
consensus by who? lol

but really i dont know what to expect. Maybe they'll even cover FF, KH, DQ, and more :O
Among those who are sniffing this out from some sources. :p
I can see KH The Story so Far to show up

Btw, guys, GXP just uploaded their prediction video! Check it out!

Hey, wasn't it said that there was going to be some KH3 news coming soon a couple days ago?
From what I gather, it would be on the update that they would work on the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Among those who are sniffing this out from some sources. :p
I can see KH The Story so Far to show up

Btw, guys, GXP just uploaded their prediction video! Check it out!

From what I gather, it would be on the update that they would work on the game.
Can I please get a cliffnotes on the Gamexplain video?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Can I please get a cliffnotes on the Gamexplain video?

Regarding S-E, he believes DQXI S will have a release date announced, FFVII will be shadowdropped, DQ VIII will have a remaster, and Builders 2 will have an international release date announced.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Regarding S-E, he believes DQXI S will have a release date announced, FFVII will be shadowdropped, DQ VIII will have a remaster, and Builders 2 will have an international release date announced.
Builders 2 was previously mentioned by a Nintendo earnings report, it makes sense to announce the release date.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
In before DQBuilders character reveal.

;p Probably not, but, really I wouldnt be surprised if it did happen. Sakurai likes the series too :)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Dang... Let's Drop Half Life 3 as Switch exclusive while we're at it.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In before DQBuilders character reveal.

;p Probably not, but, really I wouldnt be surprised if it did happen. Sakurai likes the series too :)
I'm telling you, the DQ Builders protagonist fills every role we've heard so far, with a male and female alt, being in a Chibi style comparable to Ness, armor or equipment causing the heavier weight, the Dragon Quest rumors, AND the "Minecraft Content".

Look into your heart.

ZelDan

Smash Master

We already got DQVIII on 3DS. Granted, that was more a port than a remaster, but still...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
But I got more news
No wonder Hashimoto is retweeting like crazy the direct. I thought all of the FF announcements last year was crazy enough, seems like SE will go in harder this time.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm telling you, the DQ Builders protagonist fills every role we've heard so far, with a male and female alt, being in a Chibi style comparable to Ness, armor or equipment causing the heavier weight, the Dragon Quest rumors, AND the "Minecraft Content".

Look into your heart.
Yep exactly it just fits everything. And builders is fun.

I think going with the main series would be smarter, but you never know with nintendo.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
But I got more news
At this point in time, the only thing Square Enix would do for Chrono Trigger is get the Steam port on the Switch.

Crono in Smash would be pretty cool, though.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
A DQVIII remaster would be pretty strange. Not that I'd mind, though I'd rather get ports of the older games, but the 3DS version wasn't that long ago.

Builders 2 is basically guaranteed to show up. We know it's coming out this year and SE's western arms haven't even acknowledged it yet.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Oops. Forgot to mention. Jon said we'll get KH 1.5 + 2.5 HD Final Mix on the Switch. This would be coherent to Shinji's retweet, imo

D

Deleted member

Calling it, Sora and Erdrick are gonna be guest characters in Fire Emblem, Cactuar will be joining smash instead.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, if this to be an end to the question of who is Brave and is it a Square rep, I just want to ask you all one thing...

What is the stupidest Smash Bros Ultimate related thing you have seen? Preferably of the stupid awesome variety.
Piranha Plant.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Man, Shinji RT'ing the direct has really been making the news rounds, which is both weird and exciting. Directors like him, don't RT anything Nintendo related unless it's something they are working on that involves Nintendo. It's probably just FFVII being announced, but I have a weird gut feeling that it's more than just that.

Also, with a good bit of industry people hyping up this direct, I'm going to expect some good bit of bombshells tomorrow.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good to know Smash fans are still trying to get along with everyone per usual.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good to know Smash fans are still trying to get alone with everyone per usual.
The creator did turn that around on him though and made the picture even more wholesome.

Top Bottom