• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Does this thread really have to be locked? I say this thread becomes the social thread of the winning Square character.
Well (as far as I know) each character already has their own support thread that would make more sense as the new social thread.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Either way, this thread has been awesome to be part of, even the silliest times. I learned a TON about Dragon Quest through the cool fans here and we all had a lot of fun conversations about Square.

I like how we all can agree that much like Capcom Square is packed with notable characters who would be amazing in Smash.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Haha, yeah, I can't wait for... SMRPG2/SMRPG remake and/or Geno being announced for Smash and/or his Mii costume returning tomorrow...

(sadly waves my tattered Star Road flag)

W- woo...

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
It may not make sense, but I really want to see Erdrick's palettes if/when he's announced. If the character really comes with Anlucia and Luminary as alt colours, then we might as well know the full DLC line-up.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
heyooo woke up to see the direct news :)
27 hours to go!

If Erdrick has other DQ heroes as alts like Bowsy/Bowser Jr. has the Koopalings, maybe we could turn the Erdrick thread into a General DQ support thread.

Many DQ fans like myself would probably welcome it.
That would be cool! If that ends up being the case, could we also fuse the support threads about Hero/Descendant and Eight?
If it does happen, the thread will be moved to an actual character section, so.. :p
I mean, we could start a general dq support thread in the speculation too, but why would we do that if we have an entire forum section?
Unless you mean to do that before any possible reveals.

I really do hope the square rep gets announced. and it'll be surprising if it isn't square at all.

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
It may not make sense, but I really want to see Erdrick's palettes if/when he's announced. If the character really comes with Anlucia and Luminary as alt colours, then we might as well know the full DLC line-up.
The initial 5ch post that mentioned those palettes/costumes was the one with just Joker and Erdrick, though, wasn't it? The one that mentioned the Granblue fighting game? I thought the one with the other three characters came afterwards.

Either way, those are pretty easy guesses. Erdrick's palettes would almost certainly be other hero characters, and since the Luminary and Anlucia are the two most recent of those...

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
The initial 5ch post that mentioned those palettes/costumes was the one with just Joker and Erdrick, though, wasn't it? The one that mentioned the Granblue fighting game? I thought the one with the other three characters came afterwards.
Nope, the one with the other three characters came before, by just hours.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Either way, those are pretty easy guesses. Erdrick's palettes would almost certainly be other hero characters, and since the Luminary and Anlucia are the two most recent of those...
The 5-character one copied a lot for the start of it, and it had luminary but a different name than anlucia for the second alt costume. Unless it was a bad translation.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah, I can't wait for... SMRPG2/SMRPG remake and/or Geno being announced for Smash and/or his Mii costume returning tomorrow...

W- woo...
Yo Ovaltine, we all know there's plenty of people that want it to happen, even if it seems hard, with honor and proudly we have to stay united

Remember what I told you days ago, even if we don't expect it to happen, our feelings are gonna drive us into ours desires so, enjoy the ride! Geno for Smash!

StormC

Smash Hero
How likely is a Brave reveal tomorrow?

I'd put it at about 40% chance myself. If Joker and Brave have similar amounts of data parameters, they might be ready to launch at the same time.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
How likely is a Brave reveal tomorrow?

I'd put it at about 40% chance myself. If Joker and Brave have similar amounts of data parameters, they might be ready to launch at the same time.
honestly I'm leaning 60%+, I really think Nintendo wants to get the information out quickly to encourage people to get the fighters pass while Smash is still at all time hype levels.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm curious what Polarpanda knows if she knows anything about this direct at all

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Both of those are dec 12. The Joker + erdrick was on december 10.
I dont know what youre second link is supposed to be.

edit: my bad i think your second link is december 10. so.. lemme check back stuff i guess
The Doom post says it was on the 9th.

I don't think it's real, though. They're probably both fake, we're likely getting Erdrick anyway. These characters don't depend on leaks.

edit: I can't read Japanese but the game's name was in English, heh. Google Translate got the job done anyway.

although I didn't know which post on the other page would be the one with Erdrick and Persona stuff, but they all seemed to have a date after the Doom post since the OP did, so idk. The ads on that site are...weird...

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

W- woo...
Keep the faith my brother sister, even in the face of overwhelming disappointment.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Keep the faith my brother, even in the face of overwhelming disappointment.
Sister, actually, but thanks, heh. Like I said before, I'm happy for whoever gets in for their fans. I just hope Geno gets his chance to shine one day, at long last.

Dynamic Worlok

Sister, actually, but thanks, heh. Like I said before, I'm happy for whoever gets in for their fans. I just hope Geno gets his chance to shine one day, at long last.
Just gotta push for that second DLC pack. That's our best chance at this point, barring an unlikely surprise geno reveal during tomorrow's direct. It'll be a good opportunity to get the gears turning for starfall.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The Doom post says it was on the 9th.

I don't think it's real, though. They're probably both fake, we're likely getting Erdrick anyway. These characters don't depend on leaks.

edit: I can't read Japanese but the game's name was in English, heh. Google Translate got the job done anyway.
I'm gonna look for the links i found before. But i don't beleive that someone would know all 5 characters. that'd be really weird.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Also, here goes my final appeal for my dude.

I believe Sephiroth will be one of the characters to show up as a DLC, and I can expect him tomorrow, given how the timetable fits for such a narrative to be true. I'm hoping Shinji's activity is a good sign, and that it ends up happening.

The character will be a timeless addition to the series, bringing more FFVII content to the game.
Rooting for this until the last minute!!

Seph believers, rise up!

View attachment 191835
It is odd that they've saved announcing FFVII on Switch's release date.

And that bit from Hashimoto is gonna raise some eyebrows.

Still, I'll also admit, it feels like I'm the only here prepared for that not even being an SE rep annouced tomorrow.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
It is odd that they've saved announcing FFVII on Switch's release date.

And that bit from Hashimoto is gonna raise some eyebrows.

Still, I'll also admit, it feels like I'm the only here prepared for that not even being an SE rep annouced tomorrow.
I really do think that holding VII to announce its release exactly when it launches is odd. I feel like they were wanting to clinch an announcement alongside it. Otherwise, they could've simply announced the release date back when Nintendo announced the release dates for X and XII

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright, I looked into what I had, and looks like I may have messed up the dates.
Maybe the format through me off, i dunno.

the post with the 5-characters was posted before the other (lotto and joker).
It kind of messes up somewhat what I thought about it. If erdrick does get in, i dont know how likely it is to have alt heroes as costume. But verge did say a lot heard luminary, so maybe it's still a thing, dunno.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I really do think that holding VII to announce its release exactly when it launches is odd. I feel like they were wanting to clinch an announcement alongside it. Otherwise, they could've simply announced the release date back when Nintendo announced the release dates for X and XII
Tell me about it. The only oddity is that they also didn't mention IX's release date.

Wonder what that could mean.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well would you look at that, the Direct just so happens to be on the one weekday I have a 5pm class.

Thanks for the inconvenience Nintendo.

Anyway, you all know my stance on Erdrick/Brave and I’m 50/50 on a reveal in general.

Regardless of what goes down tomorrow, I wish you all the best. If we do get a reveal tomorrow, then we know for sure at least one person here will be happy.

So good luck everyone!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, if this to be an end to the question of who is Brave and is it a Square rep, I just want to ask you all one thing...

What is the stupidest Smash Bros Ultimate related thing you have seen? Preferably of the stupid awesome variety.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, if this to be an end to the question of who is Brave and is it a Square rep, I just want to ask you all one thing...

What is the stupidest Smash Bros Ultimate related thing you have seen? Preferably of the stupid awesome variety.
The guy that wrote a 6 page essay on why the Grinch leak is absolutely, definitively, and unquestionably real.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

Captain Cringe.

Sorry, I couldn't think on anything else
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

The guy that wrote a 6 page essay on why the Grinch leak is absolutely, definitively, and unquestionably real.
Someone wrote something like that? Some people have issues, I can imagine the 6 page essay having a lot of stuff repeated over and over.

Dynamic Worlok

The prospect of including Steve in smash

I'm sorry it's not a stupid awesome example, just regular stupid

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Last edited:
Top Bottom