• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Of course it happens the week my work schedule shifts two hours and I don't get off exactly on time. But nevertheless, I am pumped. Hopefully this means the end of the wait, but more importantly I hope this means Joker gameplay!

D

Deleted member

35 minutes though. New details on FE Three Houses, which is expected. I'm curious over whether we'll get Smash info in conjunction with all of the other info supposedly leaked.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
35 minutes though. New details on FE Three Houses, which is expected. I'm curious over whether we'll get Smash info in conjunction with all of the other info supposedly leaked.
I feel like we should get Joker gameplay at least now that the Plant is out.

D

Deleted member

I feel like we should get Joker gameplay at least now that the Plant is out.
Okay maybe I should have rephrased because I expect Joker. What I'm concerned over is newcomer.

Like logically this is the last time they can reveal a fighter before E3 unless a Smash Direct is planned, but I'm antsy after seeing the time and how much info we're expected to get.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay maybe I should have rephrased because I expect Joker. What I'm concerned over is newcomer.

Like logically this is the last time they can reveal a fighter before E3 unless a Smash Direct is planned, but I'm antsy after seeing the time and how much info we're expected to get.
I would like to see a newcomer. They might not have any gameplay exactly ready, but perhaps they can pull an animated trailer like they did for Joker. I won't be going in 100% expecting a new character though.

D

Deleted member

I would like to see a newcomer. They might not have any gameplay exactly ready, but perhaps they can pull an animated trailer like they did for Joker. I won't be going in 100% expecting a new character though.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Well anyways. I should stop posting for today and tomorrow. If a last minute leak spoils a DLC fighter and it's posted here, I'll only have myself to blame. See y'all later.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Well anyways. I should stop posting for today and tomorrow. If a last minute leak spoils a DLC fighter and it's posted here, I'll only have myself to blame. See y'all later.
Good idea.

If something like that does happen though, I trust that people here will put it in a spoiler tab for at least a little bit.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
A nice bit of news.
Shinji Hashimoto, the head of S-E, liked and retweeted the Nintendo Direct announcement.
It's coming dudes

Here is him trolling everyone right now, if it's nothing at all (as he usually does)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A nice bit of news.
Shinji Hashimoto, the head of S-E, liked the Tweet for the Nintendo Direct announcement.
It's coming dudes

Here is him trolling everyone right now, if it's nothing at all (as he usually does)
Good info to know, but does it guarantee it truly?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Good info to know, but does it guarantee it truly?
He doesn't usually engage in non-SE stuff unless there's something of value to him in some form.
And in case it is relevant, he is actually the head of Business Division 3. I forgot that S-E had a recent makeover.
He is closely associated with FF and KH, in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He doesn't usually engage in non-SE stuff unless there's something of value to him in some form.
And in case it is relevant, he is actually the head of Business Division 3. I forgot that S-E had a recent makeover.
He is closely associated with FF and KH, in case anyone is interested.
How big is his Dragon Quest connection? Is there anyone related to DQ that have liked the tweet?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
How big is his Dragon Quest connection? Is there anyone related to DQ that have liked the tweet?
Not significant. The biggest stretch you could make is a very small participation in Itadaki Street, but that's it.
Also, on a side note.
I'm praying for a FFVII Remake unveiling as a surprise. I would lose my mind. XD

And as of now, nothing caught my attention on the DQ crowd

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Reasonably amused for tomorrow's direct.

Wonder what the chances of the new Top-down 2D Zelda being actually StarTropics. (Other than zero, of course)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not significant. The biggest stretch you could make is a very small participation in Itadaki Street, but that's it.
Also, on a side note.
I'm praying for a FFVII Remake unveiling as a surprise. I would lose my mind. XD

And as of now, nothing caught my attention on the DQ crowd
I doubt FFVII will make an major appearance besides the re-release on Switch.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am going to go out on a limb on predict that Sora will be in Smash.

I am predicting him because I feel the need to honor my predictions.

I have done so many thorough analyses and discussions for Sora the past year in Smash Ultimate speculation, that predicting Erdrick instead of Sora would feel not right to me.

And even if I predicted Erdrick, it would not be a rewarding prediction to earn at this point now where most insiders are confirming Erdrick, contrast to me predicting Ridley and Simon the moment Verge posted about his leak to make a risky prediction.

I rather not abandon my gut like I did with Bayonetta last minute before her reveal in Smash 4. And I rather not miss an opportunity to where I had the chance to predict Joker as the "Bayonetta-type" choice before his reveal when I thought about the possibility being real before.

Even though predicting Sora as the Square rep is clearly a bad decision for me as a speculator, I rather win or lose with honor than chicken out and predict the obvious.

Sora until the end!

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I doubt FFVII will make an major appearance besides the re-release on Switch.
I mean, my rational self agrees with you. But my gut feeling does not.
FFVII Remake is a possibility for the Switch, Nomura has been friendly towards the Switch, and the game isn't an exclusive.
The game was announced a few months before Cloud's unveiling back in Smash 4, and we've speculated for a while that Sakurai clinched the Remake in the dead in exchange for Cloud's appearance in Super Smash Bros.
And given that the S-E PR for KHIII is dying down, it's time they moved on to their next big project, which Nomura confirmed would be unveiled little time after KHIII launched, so even the timetable kinda fits the bill.
We'll see.
Also, I still believe in Sephiboi to appear in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Very excited for them to show off 35 minutes of Fire Emblem alongside a blurry jpg of joker’s still untextured model.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
No matter what happens tomorrow I love u all,and yes, even the people who fear monger over DQ getting in smash and say square is gonna cancel evo or whatever.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
No matter what happens tomorrow I love u all,and yes, even the people who fear monger over DQ getting in smash and say square is gonna cancel evo or whatever.
Actually, you reminded me. With the reveal of the S-E rep, this thread will be officially dead, right?

D

Deleted member

Actually, you reminded me. With the reveal of the S-E rep, this thread will be officially dead, right?
Potentially, yeah. After they're revealed, the only thing left to discuss is how well they handled it and how fun they'll be when released.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Well, just in case, it has been a fun ride with you all.
^^
We may have differences in what we wish for the SE rep, but this place has been pretty civil most of the time.
It has been nice to check on this thread and seeing some creative posts popping up every now and then.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Oh look, King zell was right, again. Who would've thought, yeah let's keep doubting him :cool:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm gonna say keep an ear to the ground when it comes to gamexplain especially will Jon he'll probably leak stuff

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I see no reason to abandon this thread completely when the character happens. This thread is for all Square character, right? Perhaps one day there will be a chance for another Square character to pop it's head up.
I would let it live at least for one day before locking it up.
I personally would not lock this thread up. There is no harm in keeping this thread open, especially since it is more general.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I see no reason to abandon this thread completely when the character happens. This thread is for all Square character, right? Perhaps one day there will be a chance for another Square character to pop it's head up.

I personally would not lock this thread up. There is no harm in keeping this thread open, especially since it is more general.
Hey.
Ironically, you're right.
We don't know if there would be more S-E DLC characters later down the line. And I bet a second pass will be in the works, so I don't think the speculation should die down just yet. Unless everyone prefers to go back to their character's thread.

Top Bottom