• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm talking about stats, not the naming of the character.
And if I recall correctly, the framedata is nearly identical to joker's? Only his weight seems to be different? Someone correct me on this, pls.

Imho, the ones who fit the bill are 4 of the characters on the list, given the size, stats and framedata available.
Erdrick, Luminary, Sephiroth and Crono. I honestly think Erdrick is the one that better fits the bill, but I don't think it's impossible for any of the other characters to have such stats
I'd Say Erdrick, Luminary, Crono and maybe Sora.
I recall the manual staying Sephiroth was like around 6 feet tall. Maybe 6,2, don't remember. And at first glance he's significantly taller than Cloud, so I think he'd be an L instead of an M sized character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd Say Erdrick, Luminary, Crono and maybe Sora.
I recall the manual staying Sephiroth was like around 6 feet tall. Maybe 6,2, don't remember. And at first glance he's significantly taller than Cloud, so I think he'd be an L instead of an M sized character.
Palutena is significantly taller than Pit in Uprising but in Smash, they are more or less at same size.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Erdrick will use multiple weapons like say Simon in his moveset along with his magic?

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Erdrick will use multiple weapons like say Simon in his moveset along with his magic?
With how smash handles most weapon based movesets, I would imagine all the none special moves would use sword and shield.

D

Deleted member

Just a reminder Piranha Plant's weight and run speed data got altered inbetween updates. Brave's stats could easily be unfinished or simply placeholders.

Untouch

Smash Master
Just a reminder Piranha Plant's weight and run speed data got altered inbetween updates. Brave's stats could easily be unfinished or simply placeholders.
Their landing lag frame data was copied directly from Jack, so it's pretty clearly early still.

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, what were PP weight and run speed values before?

Currently by the stats the brave character seems to be for a slightly lighter and more agile regular Link, with no flurry and no wall jump. At least based on the current stats, I believe Sora, Erdrick/Luminary, Yuri from Vesperia, and Crono would fit the bill. But I would think that due to the mechanics on the later KH games and all the dual and triple techs from CT, both Crono and Sora should be able to perform a wall jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this means anything, but it might be worth taking a look.

I was looking back at the Ryu/Steve/Doomguy "leak", and there's a section in the post before all the "leak" details that I noticed when I translated the page (so it's a rough translation, be warned):

Original:
海外でリーク出てたらしいな
ジョーカー前は誰も信じてなかったみたいだが

Translation (Google Translate):
I wish I should have got leaked abroad
Nobody believed it before Joker

Google Translate obviously isn't reliable, so is saying he leaked this information beforehand, but wasn't believed because of Joker? Or is he trying to say he wishes that he had posted on a Western site (i.e. 4chan), where there would be a greater chance that people would believe him?

Hey A Ayumi Tachibana , would be willing to check this out? Thanks for the translations btw.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I was looking back at the Ryu/Steve/Doomguy "leak", and there's a section in the post before all the "leak" details that I noticed when I translated the page (so it's a rough translation, be warned):

Original:
海外でリーク出てたらしいな
ジョーカー前は誰も信じてなかったみたいだが

Google Translate obviously isn't reliable, so is saying he leaked this information beforehand, but wasn't believed because of Joker? Or is he trying to say he wishes that he had posted on a Western site (i.e. 4chan), where there would be a greater chance that people would believe him?

Hey A Ayumi Tachibana , would be willing to check this out? Thanks for the translations btw.
I'd assume the former, because to my knowledge no credible leaks with Joker existed before his reveal. It might be worth searching a 5chan archive if those exist to see if a "leak" containing Joker was posted before his reveal but became buried before being found, but I don't know how that would be done.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd assume the former, because to my knowledge no credible leaks with Joker existed before his reveal. It might be worth searching a 5chan archive if those exist to see if a "leak" containing Joker was posted before his reveal but became buried before being found, but I don't know how that would be done.
The only leak I'm aware of with Joker before his reveal is this:

On principle though, I don't believe any leak that claims to have every character, since real leaks always miss characters (unless they have the final game).

EDIT: Since this one actually mentions "uncompleted models" I think it's pretty safe to call it fake. Development would have only barely begun by then.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I have a question about 5ch in general. Is it possible to edit your posts on there? Or is it like 4chan where you can't?

D

Deleted member

4chan was pretty much copy pasted from 5chan.

You can't edit your posts on 4chan, therefore you can't on 5chan.
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but 4chan was actually copy-pasted from Futaba channel, which was an image board created as a backup to the text board now knows as 5chan.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Its interesting that prominent gaming news sites like IGN, and GamExplain are all covering the Erdrick,Ryu,Steve&DoomGuy leak, when they used to avoid getting into big leaks in the past.

I personally do not think the leak is real, and I think this is Nintendo's attempt to distract its consumers while they work on the real characters. The easiest way to keep leakers or people interested distracted, is to send them on a wild goose chase. I do think characters like Erdrick, Ryu Hayabusa, and Steve have a real shot. However as for all the characters to be real seems suspicious. Number one there is no Bandai Namco character, number two there is no Nintendo character. All of that make me feel like this leak is just trying to say all the right things to get people to believe it.

As for Erdrick being a lock at this point, I would say he is 90% likely, but I still think Square and Nintendo can pull a fast one and fool everyone. The fact we know so much about a Square character makes me suspicious that its true, I would expect that more from a Bandai Namco character or a Capcom character. I would not be surprise if it is Erdrick, but I also would not be surprised if its not him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think you can edit any of the archive posts. Only thing I know is that you can add posts to the thread but they appear with a distinction.

On a side note, I just checked the 5ch thread, the thread is asking about the possibility of Lightning and the leak is one of the posts on it. Supposedly the source for the information is reddit since the post following this one has the same id. Pretty much sounds that is bandwagoning a lot of popular info from reddit plus a wild guess regarding Ninja Gaiden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Untouch

Smash Master
Its interesting that prominent gaming news sites like IGN, and GamExplain are all covering the Erdrick,Ryu,Steve&DoomGuy leak, when they used to avoid getting into big leaks in the past.

I personally do not think the leak is real, and I think this is Nintendo's attempt to distract its consumers while they work on the real characters. The easiest way to keep leakers or people interested distracted, is to send them on a wild goose chase. I do think characters like Erdrick, Ryu Hayabusa, and Steve have a real shot. However as for all the characters to be real seems suspicious. Number one there is no Bandai Namco character, number two there is no Nintendo character. All of that make me feel like this leak is just trying to say all the right things to get people to believe it.

As for Erdrick being a lock at this point, I would say he is 90% likely, but I still think Square and Nintendo can pull a fast one and fool everyone. The fact we know so much about a Square character makes me suspicious that its true, I would expect that more from a Bandai Namco character or a Capcom character. I would not be surprise if it is Erdrick, but I also would not be surprised if its not him.
I don't think the leak was real, but in the case of the Grinch leak, a lot of insiders had info pointing towards why it was fake, that they couldn't share.
I would imagine Erdrick is the only character that insiders know about right now, so they have no explicit reason to believe it is fake.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I don't think the leak was real, but in the case of the Grinch leak, a lot of insiders had info pointing towards why it was fake, that they couldn't share.
I would imagine Erdrick is the only character that insiders know about right now, so they have no explicit reason to believe it is fake.
I agree its possible he is real, but those same insiders got fooled with Metroid Prime Trilogy and Joker reveal at The Game Awards. So I would not be surprised if Nintendo continues its patterns of spreading false info, in order to keep people in the dark. Throw Square into the mix, and then you have real minefield of trying to find out whats true and whats not. Hopefully the next Nintendo direct will show the Square character, but if im being realistic I think the Square character could actually be the 4th or 5th reveal.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace

Original:
海外でリーク出てたらしいな
ジョーカー前は誰も信じてなかったみたいだが

Interesting.
The Doom leak text I used to translate and copy pasted was not the actual original but edited one. I should’ve check the original thread. My bad.

The part deleted is saying, “Looks like there was a leak overseas. Nobody believed it before Joker though”.
Then the leak part comes. This part is the same.

After the post somebody asked him where did you get this leak and he answered “reddit”.

Now if this guy was saying the truth then the Doom leak was originated from reddit overseas and he brought it to 5chan.
Or he was completely lying to make his “leak” a little convincing. I mean hey leaks always come from the west you know.

You can also interpret that he was referring to another leak. The part was just a reply to the OP.
But I don’t know. It has always been but something is very fishy to me.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Interesting.
The Doom leak text I used to translate and copy pasted was not the actual original but edited one. I should’ve check the original thread. My bad.

The part deleted is saying, “Looks like there was a leak overseas. Nobody believed it before Joker though”.

After the post somebody asked him where did you get this leak and he answered “reddit”.

Now if this guy was saying the truth then the Doom leak was originated from reddit overseas and he brought it to 5chan.
Or he was completely lying to make his “leak” a little convincing. I mean hey leaks always come from the west you know.

You can also interpret that he was referring to another leak. The part was just a reply to the OP.
This just makes me think the leak is even more fake. No different than a 4chan post saying "This was a leak on 5ch" and not providing a source. Either this is somebody who knows one thing (Erdrick) and is gonna ride that for attention or it's a guy who knows nothing.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Interesting.

Do you know if that comment about reddit and the regular leak post have the same ID? I think that should make things more clear.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I don't think Brave points to DQ. The whole point of codenames is so people can't figure out who the character is. Yeah, brave fits DQ best, but it also fits Crono, Sora, and Geno. I just take it to be a general term that describes most protagonists. Just because it fits Erdrick better doesn't mean they couldn't use it if the character is one of the others. I still think Sora could be the character, though I've lost hope for my most wanted square reps Geno and Sephiroth. It could very well be Erdrick, but I don't think the data mine proves it.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Do you know if that comment about reddit and the regular leak post have the same ID? I think that should make things more clear.
They do have the same ID.
I said someone asked him but actually the leaker posted saying “the source is on reddit” right after. Listing format difference.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I don't think Brave points to DQ. The whole point of codenames is so people can't figure out who the character is. Yeah, brave fits DQ best, but it also fits Crono, Sora, and Geno. I just take it to be a general term that describes most protagonists. Just because it fits Erdrick better doesn't mean they couldn't use it if the character is one of the others. I still think Sora could be the character, though I've lost hope for my most wanted square reps Geno and Sephiroth. It could very well be Erdrick, but I don't think the data mine proves it.
The main reason why everyone's going on Erdrick is because we have so many rumours and leakers pointing out to him, that he's nigh-inevitable at this point.

D

Deleted member

The thing is that we are only linking it to DQ due to having previous info available. If we didnt heard about Erdrick before, we would be having multiple discussions about which character is and most likely think its either from Bravely Default or Tales of Vesperia.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Seems the Doom leak is less credible now. Interesting. I still hope Brave is DQ but I can't say I'm disappointed in the Doom leak being shakier if just because I do really enjoy surprises.

god please don't be yuri

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Erdrick is the one who makes sence with every info that insiders had, not only with the leak tho.. Erdrick is the piece who matches with everything so that's why he is the most likely choice, isn't?
1546728531646.gif

I Just found this gif on 4chan lmao

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The main reason why everyone's going on Erdrick is because we have so many rumours and leakers pointing out to him, that he's nigh-inevitable at this point.
The thing is that we are only linking it to DQ due to having previous info available. If we didnt heard about Erdrick before, we would be having multiple discussions about which character is and most likely think its either from Bravely Default or Tales of Vesperia.
That's my point. He's likely because of the insiders. Brave isn't evidence for it. It just fits with our current narrative of what's coming.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
That's my point. He's likely because of the insiders. Brave isn't evidence for it. It just fits with our current narrative of what's coming.
Okay then, but what's exactly a determiner of "Brave" being Sora, Geno or Chrono? It's such a generic adjective, you could say that about many of the characters in the roster. We do know all DQ protagonists are called "Brave" or "Hero", so that's a point on Erdrick's favour over those guys.

Top Bottom