• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
When you have to start debating over the interpretation of the phrase “on screen”, I find it harder to take this leak seriously.

Nothing against you personally, but I feel like if that’s the point of contention for keeping this leak alive, then I feel we’ve reached the point of keeping this leak alive just so we have something to debate.

That’s my interpretation of the situation.
Where did this “on screen” translation come from?
I don’t see anywhere mentioning or implying that in the original post.

D

Deleted member

The whole DQ being leakbait **** at some points seems more like wishful thinking rather than being based in something concrete.

DQ and Persona are quite similar in that if the Persona rumors are true, they would be reps coming from games that have enhanced ports coming to the Switch.

The funny part about the DQ leak in 5ch, is that Slime would be involved in the moveset of Erdrick/Luminary which would make the 3 DQ mentions involved in a rep.
Also, wishing to ask people here something, now that 2B's being rated in RTC: let's say we do get a Square character, but it's none of the seven guys on the list, which one would you expect? And before anything else, that means no Geno, no Erdrick and no Sora.
Maybe Terra, Tidus or Onion Knight if we are allowed for FF. Dragonlord, Yangus or Alena from DQ is also a pick from my part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You said everyone would laugh at the idea of Nintendo baiting people into thinking something false would happen, which wasn't the case month two months ago.

It ain't a rant, if it were, I would've been far angrier than that.
Okay, then I admit I was exaggerating with the use of everyone, if that's what you meant.

This thread is the one that gets dumber with each page, I just want to see not!Gohan confirmed already so this can all be over
Man I just wish it was that boy Eight too

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Magolor has more limbs than Marx.
Marx can turn into a black hole, kick his ball around, shoot arrows, grow wings, and much more. He'd have a much more unique moveset than Magolor could ever hope to have.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Marx can turn into a black hole, kick his ball around, shoot arrows, grow wings, and much more. He'd have a much more unique moveset than Magolor could ever hope to have.
I prefer to have them both as Bosses just because (as a kirby fan) they're too overpowered to me, Seeing them losing against a pichu would drive me nuts :A

D

Deleted member

The whole DQ being leakbait **** at some points seems more like wishful thinking rather than being based in something concrete.

DQ and Persona are quite similar in that if the Persona rumors are true, they would be reps coming from games that have enhanced ports coming to the Switch.

The funny part about the DQ leak in 5ch, is that Slime would be involved in the moveset of Erdrick/Luminary which would make the 3 DQ mentions involved in a rep.

Maybe Terra, Tidus or Onion Knight if we are allowed for FF. Dragonlord, Yangus or Alena from DQ is also a pick from my part.
Onion Knight... would actually be awesome. Switching between Ninja and Sage like in Dissidia Arcade would be cool as ****.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Dude, not to be rude or anything, but were you around here when the Grinch fiasco happened? Or really, any place. There were people that seriously thought Incineroar was a leak bait to trick Vergeben and all insiders. Hell, I'm pretty sure at least one post from here saying that ended up in one of those 4chan post compilations, made to poke fun at everyone who bought the Grinch **** as real.

Also, wishing to ask people here something, now that 2B's being rated in RTC: let's say we do get a Square character, but it's none of the seven guys on the list, which one would you expect? And before anything else, that means no Geno, no Erdrick and no Sora.
Lara Croft.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
If we were to get another FF character, i'm hoping for Tidus. The laugh and the music are the main reasons why i want him.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
If Kirby could beat Marx, so could Pichu.
aRE YOu SurE AbouT ThaT

Anyways, this isn't the Kirbylore thread, and Smash have some godess fighting already, I just pointed out that at least for me, an Intergallactic Demonish Godlike creature is too overpowered to be in the roster.
(And don't take me wrong in this, I absolutely support marx on Smash but, as a boss, I think it's pretty neat)

beans

Smash Lord
Marx has a pair of feet (not legs)
Magalor has a pair of hand (not arms)
They are equal in limb count. also since someone brought it up can i talk about how ugly normal marx render is in ultimate

Also, if I could get ANY SE rep, without being stopped by ANY rules outside the origin one.
Actraiser.
Out of the pure wish of seeing chaos everywhere about the most Who of them all.

D

Deleted member

I'd be okay with Terra because she is a cute gorl don't @ me
Very good point.
If we were to get another FF character, i'm hoping for Tidus. The laugh and the music are the main reasons why i want him.
Tidus would be rad. If they incorporated time magic into his moveset it would be really cool.

tfw the one character you want the most was actually considered but cloud was chosen over him RIP my man bartz

Ovaltine

Smash Master
No, I THOUGHT I said this publically before but i probably forgot, but Verge heard Geno is leakbait. Not for personal reasons or not that he wasn't sure on him, he was just straight up told Geno is bait. I got this clarification not too long ago. Initially, seeing 'don't take him seriously', I thought it may have been bias, but he was just trying to put it lightly that he was told it's not Geno. A bit of clarification here.

I'm still not really counting him out personally, but I think it's fair for others to depending on how much weight they put on it. Personally, I want Geno the most.
I'm really not surprised, honestly. I didn't think it'd be Geno myself, so that puts more weight on that fact. I personally wouldn't put my chips on him, at least in terms of this fighter's pass (if it's not the only one we end up getting).

I do have to say that Geno as leak bait doesn't really make sense in terms of what leak bait is, though. For a character that gets put in fake leaks all the time to be leak bait? Leak bait is supposed to draw people onto a name that isn't as commonly heard, yet is still believable. It's supposed to be more isolated, so those leakers in particular are zeroed in on. Geno's a name that is heard so frequently that I can't really see him being used to narrow down anything and weed people out. Anyone else know if the semantics on that are different than what I'm thinking? I could be totally wrong, but in my eyes, it doesn't really line up.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm really not surprised, honestly. I didn't think it'd be Geno myself, so that puts more weight on that fact. I personally wouldn't put my chips on him, at least in terms of this fighter's pass (if it's not the only one we end up getting).

I do have to say that Geno as leak bait doesn't really make sense in terms of what leak bait is, though. For a character that gets put in fake leaks all the time to be leak bait? Leak bait is supposed to draw people onto a name that isn't as commonly heard, yet is still believable. It's supposed to be more isolated, so those leakers in particular are zeroed in on. Geno's a name that is heard so frequently that I can't really see him being used to narrow down anything and weed people out. Anyone else know if the semantics on that are different than what I'm thinking? I could be totally wrong, but in my eyes, it doesn't really line up.
That scenario you brought up sounds a lot like Eldricks.... HMMMMMMMM

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

Or saying false informa.. like mov... OH GOD NO

Just Kidding, but this reminded me how painful the waiting is when you're impatient about this kind of things. Damn, it feel like 2019 is coming at the corner of the weeke.. hold on

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Maaaan, I really wish someone from the classic-era FF games was part of the rumored seven. I know Sephiroth is an immensely popular character and while I’m not really against him, I’d much rather have Terra or Bartz as the second FF character because of what they could bring to the table, their Nintendo history, and how much they’d stand out as potential foils to Cloud.

Not to mention they could potentially bring either Kefka or Gilgamesh as their respective boss, and I would kill to have Dancing Mad and Battle on the Big Bridge in Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

That's what is so weird to me.
Geno isn't good leak bait because he's the most heard character on the list already.
Why is he there as leak bait? It defeats the purpose.
And how would we even KNOW he's bait?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That's what is so weird to me.
Geno isn't good leak bait because he's the most heard character on the list already.
Why is he there as leak bait? It defeats the purpose.
And how would we even KNOW he's bait?
I have no idea, really, and to so easily know that a character is leak bait, uh... doesn't that kind of... defeat the purpose of being leak bait?

If we aren't getting Geno as DLC in some fashion, I can only imagine his name is just a water cooler rumor, but it isn't meant to be leak bait, per se. Leak bait doesn't... make any real sense, but a spreading rumor based on the climate of DLC is. After all, he is rumored to be DLC by employees at NoA.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I don’t know Geno is leak bait or not but there is a rumor explaining why he is not coming.
I think that’s more popular “leak” than Jackfrost/slime one at least in Japanese smash community.
The other popular leaks are Vergeben and DOOM one.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I don’t know Geno is leak bait or not but there is a rumor explaining why he is not coming.
I think that’s more popular “leak” than Jackfrost/slime one at least in Japanese smash community.
care to elaborate?

D

Deleted member

While we’re talking about leak-bait, we’ve already discussed every character on the list to death. Except for one. Remember when the list became public, and some of Vergeben’s PMs were leaked? Well, in one of those PMs, Vergeben mentioned a characters suppsoedly sent to lower division by squarexenix as a joke to see if anybody would be dumb enough to leak it, that character being Million Arthur. But this is where Square’s genius 5D chess plan comes into play. By spreading info that Arthur is just a joke while also sending around a “real” list filled with popular characters, you draw attention away from the real name here. Arthur gets spread around in order to trick people into thinking he’s just bait while everyone is focused on the list, allowing the real character to sneak away undetected, while also spreading around the office as a real character likely would. Basically, **** GENO, **** SORA, **** ERDRICK, ARTHUR IS ****ING IN. This is a completely serious post with no hint of irony or sarcasm.

“ The greatest trick the Leakbait ever pulled was convincing the world it didn’t exist. “-Roger Kint from The Usual Suspects probably

Last edited by a moderator:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Oooo let's hear them could you describe them

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
While we’re talking about leak-bait, we’ve already discussed every character on the list to death. Except for one. Remember when the list became public, and some of Vergeben’s PMs were leaked? Well, in one of those PMs, Vergeben mentioned a characters suppsoedly sent to lower division by squarexenix as a joke to see if anybody would be dumb enough to leak it, that character being Million Arthur. But this is where Square’s genius 5D chess plan comes into play. By spreading info that Arthur is just a joke while also sending around a “real” list filled with popular characters, you draw attention away from the real name here. Arthur gets spread around in order to trick people into thinking he’s just bait while everyone is focused on the list, allowing the real character to sneak away undetected, while also spreading around the office as a real character likely would. Basically, **** GENO, **** SORA, **** ERDRICK, ARTHUR IS ****ING IN. This is a completely serious post with no hint of irony or sarcasm.

“ The greatest trick the Leakbait ever pulled was convincing the world it didn’t exist. “-Roger Kint from The Usual Suspects probably
I know the Sarcasm is real in this post, but I don't think Million Arthur is gonna be in for the same reason that I don't think 2B nor Noctis will be in. SE isn't one to allow a singular character in multiple different games. They like to spread the wealth and put as much of their stuff out there as possible.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wait... did something go down while I was gone?

I swear, I’m gone for a couple of hours and people actually start posting on this thread.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is fascinating. We only get a glimpse of the English leaks over here.
What are these leaks?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Hmm, admittedly, this also lines up with other stuff of the Ace Attorney series. Hmm, if Erdrick does get in, things will be looking even nicer for Phoenix Wright.
Honestly I think the 5ch leak is just a legit leak for Persona stuff disguised with fake smash stuff to draw attention away from the real leak. Maybe the Joker stuff is real too, idk.
I could very well see the DQ stuff being misinformation..... told to the insiders, not by the leakers themselves. Especially if their confidants were ordered such by company higher ups.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Marx has a pair of feet (not legs)
Magalor has a pair of hand (not arms)
They are equal in limb count. also since someone brought it up can i talk about how ugly normal marx render is in ultimate

Also, if I could get ANY SE rep, without being stopped by ANY rules outside the origin one.
Actraiser.
Out of the pure wish of seeing chaos everywhere about the most Who of them all.
The only solution is to have Magolor on top of Marx as one Voltron Fighter.

So if we cut off your oxygen supply, that guarantees that Neku or 2B are in right?
This Got. Dark

Top Bottom