• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That's what is so weird to me.
Geno isn't good leak bait because he's the most heard character on the list already.
Why is he there as leak bait? It defeats the purpose.
And how would we even KNOW he's bait?
Geno as leak bait makes perfect sense. He's easily the most popular character on the list within the core Smash Bros. fanbase, who are most interested in Smash Bros. leaks, which this is. Notice how Geno has been one of the most discussed characters in this thread, and that many people either want to discredit or not believe leaks with Dragon Quest because it's not Geno (granted, this is one of many reasons, but it's still a reason). He naturally draws attention away from the other characters on the list.

It's a smart move.
I don’t know Geno is leak bait or not but there is a rumor explaining why he is not coming.
I think that’s more popular “leak” than Jackfrost/slime one at least in Japanese smash community.
The other popular leaks are Vergeben and DOOM one.
You've got my attention junior detective.

Please remember to provide sources with these.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a smart move.
I mean if we’re currnetjy discussing Geno as leakbait it clearly didn’t work lol. Kidding though, geno makes sense as leakbait. Pretty much only this place is discussing the list afaik.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Geno as leak bait makes perfect sense. He's easily the most popular character on the list within the core Smash Bros. fanbase, who are most interested in Smash Bros. leaks, which this is. Notice how Geno has been one of the most discussed characters in this thread, and that many people either want to discredit or not believe leaks with Dragon Quest because it's not Geno (granted, this is one of many reasons, but it's still a reason). He naturally draws attention away from the other characters on the list.

It's a smart move.
That is understandable, although I have to beg the question if the community is really who they aim for with leakbait. Square, as far as I've heard, is notorious for stringing employees along with fake characters, pulling the wool over their eyes as opposed to the fans'. If such is the case, I can't really see why Geno would work when he'd be an easily-rumored character (hence how he's already rumored at NoA), hardly the type to pinpoint who might be spreading leaks.

If they're using him as leak bait for the community, though, then that does make perfect sense.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That is understandable, although I have to beg the question if the community is really who they aim for with leakbait. Square, as far as I've heard, is notorious for stringing employees along with fake characters, pulling the wool over their eyes as opposed to the fans'. If such is the case, I can't really see why Geno would work when he'd be an easily-rumored character (hence how he's already rumored at NoA), hardly the type to pinpoint who might be spreading leaks.

If they're using him as leak bait for the community, though, then that does make perfect sense.
Square Enix employees are at least somewhat in touch with prominent fan communities. If they hear that Geno is the Square Enix character, and know that Geno is well-requested by the core Smash Bros. fanbase (which is apparent from a simple Google search, so Square Enix employees don't even need to know who he is), then it's easy to put two and two together and come to the conclusion that Geno is the Square Enix character because he's well-requested by the core Smash Bros. fanbase. Then, all they need to do is tell their friend "hey, I heard that Geno's gonna be in Smash" and you've just sprung the trap laid by Square Enix.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Probably brought up already...
But seeing that DQ3 logo, I... Can't...Even...
(Btw, it's the same logo that shares a spot with the Mario Mushroom icon from Fortune Street).

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

(Btw, it's the same logo that shares a spot with the Mario Mushroom icon from Fortune Street).
OK, illuminate me on this, which franchises are these two logos representing? I suppose one is from Dragon Quest, but I'd still like a full answer.

D

Deleted member

OOOHH ****
Alright the legitimacy of this is really questionable since it's pretty easy to fake something like this tbh but the inclusion of the monster hunter icon as well is curious
I wouldn't take it as gospel but it's something to keep note of.
OK, illuminate me on this, which franchises are these two logos representing? I suppose one is from Dragon Quest, but I'd still like a full answer.
Left is Persona 5, middle is Monster Hunter, right is DQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
OOOHH ****
Alright the legitimacy of this is really questionable since it's pretty easy to fake something like this tbh but the inclusion of the monster hunter icon as well is curious
I wouldn't take it as gospel but it's something to keep note of.
It isn't actually
Monster Hunter isn't capitalized how it is in the base game
RIP!

Calane

Smash Ace
The thing that stops me from thinking Erdrick is leak-bait is the fact that Luminary is almost always mentioned alongside him. If it were just Erdrick, or just Luminary, or if they were always mentioned separately, then I'd mostly agree that it could just be leak-bait and nothing more.

I just don't see a reason in purposefully rumoring both Erdrick and Luminary together like that. Just one of them would have done the job, but going out of your way to make sure they're spoken of together (presumably as alts of each other) just strikes me as an odd thing to do.

I mean, it could still be leak-bait, but it'd just make me question why it was done in this way, and why only for Erdrick and no other character on the list.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Well it’s good to see people that actually put effort into their fake leaks.

Still fake though.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The fact that none of these convincing fakes try to go for Ace Attorney, is so heavily reassuring for me, of Phoenix Wright's chances.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don’t know Geno is leak bait or not but there is a rumor explaining why he is not coming.
I think that’s more popular “leak” than Jackfrost/slime one at least in Japanese smash community.
The other popular leaks are Vergeben and DOOM one.
What’s the DOOM one

Top Bottom