• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [S1-0b]

Not Voting: FrozenFlame, bessie, somitomi, Z25, Sabrar, HeuristicCheese, Darkpit, FateShirou

None

With 8 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to sanction.
The deadline for Sanction 1 is Thursday, the 27th at 1:00 am MT.

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
##Darkpit54

I'm most confident here.

A ALL : let's not vote for ourselves today, that makes it harder for demons to control the vote and sanction one of their own.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
apologies to ALL, didn't know that was a username. @everyone instead.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I skimmed through the end and saw so many town get lynched
dunno if i want to read something this depressing

also be vary of mason claims xD
Honestly if you want to give me cliff notes on that game, that'd be good
After some thinking I've decided that I don't like this response. If FateShirou is really interested in my scum-play (which seemed to be the original purpose of the question) then asking for cliff notes accomplishes nothing. Furthermore he knows that no scum died which means he's aware that bessie was also scum in that game. This would make it even more beneficial for him to review the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
bessie bessie I thought it was 3 games, but we have been in two games before. Which was Sumting Sumting. Which the later was something that I was out earlier, because things got out of hand then. Regardless, I still watched and speculated the rest of it, and Im pretty sure there were games of yours linked in it at some point.

But I'm not looking through 86 pages to see if that's true,. especially when the search function is not that great. Still the amount of content in that game is why I feel I have a good understanding of you. I may be wrong about the number I played, but I definitely speculated a few I wasn't in but you and others were, around that time, which is where my memory may have been a bit mixed.

That's why I have a relatively good feeling on your slot so far, there's that's outright seemed different than your normal self, outside of the dog posting. But I've seen a few users here, play games with different traits like that fairly often, so I don't see it as a flag of any kind.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
bessie bessie I thought it was 3 games, but we have been in two games before. Which was Sumting Sumting. Which the later was something that I was out earlier, because things got out of hand then. Regardless, I still watched and speculated the rest of it, and Im pretty sure there were games of yours linked in it at some point.

But I'm not looking through 86 pages to see if that's true,. especially when the search function is not that great. Still the amount of content in that game is why I feel I have a good understanding of you. I may be wrong about the number I played, but I definitely speculated a few I wasn't in but you and others were, around that time, which is where my memory may have been a bit mixed.

That's why I have a relatively good feeling on your slot so far, there's that's outright seemed different than your normal self, outside of the dog posting. But I've seen a few users here, play games with different traits like that fairly often, so I don't see it as a flag of any kind.
EBWOP: Not two games, 1 game. And I may be right and we've played in other games before, but I couldn't find it, outside of some I wasn't in but spectated as mentioned.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
10 hours until deadline, only 2 people voting, no one is around. This will be either extremely interesting or boring af.
I doubt there will be a huge consensus but still let's try to avoid an early hammer, okay?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
10 hours until deadline, only 2 people voting, no one is around. This will be either extremely interesting or boring af.
I doubt there will be a huge consensus but still let's try to avoid an early hammer, okay?
I still think Darkpit is where my vote is going, but no one else has really thrown out ideals that they are sticking with for sanction. Most of this day has just been spent on other things.

somitomi somitomi #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame FateShirou FateShirou bessie bessie Darkpit54 Darkpit54 HeuristicCheese HeuristicCheese

where are your heads at, and whose on your sanction choice list right now?

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Vote for me
FriendShirou
Pros:
You get rid of a question mark (me) and get my confirmed town read

Cons:
I'm up there if we reach judgment phrase

xD

I'm not comfortable voting for darkpit
im still would rather look at other options
Swiss or Z25 or sabrar(tho the more i see them post the more vary i am of them)

Like what is this?
theres two votes right now and they arnt on the same player
what early hammer are we avoiding ?

I will be around till EoD
lets hope more people show up then on banish 1

bessie

Smash Journeyman
##Darkpit54

I'm most confident here.
My concern right now about sanctioning Darkpit is that he hasn’t posted since Sunday and might not be following the game closely. He also has missed his opportunity for discussion and asking questions this phase. If we sanction him, does he have a good enough grip on the game to solve if there is a judgement?

EBWOP: Not two games, 1 game. And I may be right and we've played in other games before, but I couldn't find it, outside of some I wasn't in but spectated as mentioned.
I think it was only the one game. You said my content didn’t feel the same as usual, but to gage someone as "usual" I think you really need at least a few games (noted, that you have spectated other games). And I don’t expect players to read other games to use for meta, unless it is something that they want to do.

where are your heads at, and whose on your sanction choice list right now?
I like Darkpit for townieness but see above for my reservations. I like Sabrar for ability to choose correctly in judgement. I am rereading now, concentrating on FrozenFlame and Z25 but will also reread to get an idea of who else I could support for sanction.

I will try to be awake at deadline, but it’s midnight my time and I got almost no sleep last night. The dog has to be confined in his crate and he’s wearing a cone so my whole night was being woken up by him banging his cone on the side of the crate, and whimpering.

Ninja’d by FateShirou. You have an unanswered question from me in #556.
FateShirou, most of your suspicion of Swiss on D1 was because of his power. Why didn’t you push him to use it at the start of this phase, when he could prove his power, and when the effect would be negligible?

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Ninja’d by FateShirou. You have an unanswered question from me in #556.

Being serious, i think it was either
1) it was hammered into my head that roles are NAI so i still think its not worth using his powers yet, only time i see see it being useful was if someone had voted and wasnt going to show up for EoD

or

2) It didnt cross my mind to have swiss use his powers D1, i wasnt expecting people not to show up, and the only useful gambit i could have thought was to use it to save laserguy but hindsight is 20/20

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Vote for me
FriendShirou
Pros:
You get rid of a question mark (me) and get my confirmed town read

Cons:
I'm up there if we reach judgment phrase

xD

I'm not comfortable voting for darkpit
im still would rather look at other options
Swiss or Z25 or sabrar(tho the more i see them post the more vary i am of them)

Like what is this?

I will be around till EoD
lets hope more people show up then on banish 1
This is true, but we would also clear anyone with this vote potentially. Problem is, we don't seem to agree on the least likely to flip option here. What would your other options be for voting?

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
This is true, but we would also clear anyone with this vote potentially. Problem is, we don't seem to agree on the least likely to flip option here. What would your other options be for voting?
id start from swiss > you >>> sabrar

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The deadline is in approximately 4 hours and 20 minutes from now. Currently, Darkpit is on course to be sanctioned.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
so is anyone going to show up for EoD?
I can be here for around two hours but after that it will be too late here and I’ll need to get sleep.

Im still thinking about Darkpit, but I do kinda of like your points. I kinda of could lean towards sanctioning you right now to though. While I bought up you as a team,I kinda of feel Frozen’s reaction was more genuine when they felt insulted over me saying they could be buddying to a mate. Still it be nice to have actual discussions on this before end of day.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Z25 what is your opinion regarding my concerns over sanctioning Darkpit?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Like what is this?
The one where people sanction me before I wake up and can give my thoughts for the next phase.

My concern right now about sanctioning Darkpit is that he hasn’t posted since Sunday and might not be following the game closely. He also has missed his opportunity for discussion and asking questions this phase. If we sanction him, does he have a good enough grip on the game to solve if there is a judgement?
This is valid, but it also means that we are sanctioning a player whose vote might be nonexistent in the standard phases of the game. We can always hope that Judgement Day won't be necessary.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm against sanctioning FateShirou btw. I can see somitomi being sanctioned as well because if he flips demon then bessie is locktown and we have a couple of more phases to solve.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 what is your opinion regarding my concerns over sanctioning Darkpit?
It’s an interesting point. Dark Pit could see spectate the game correct? If he’s town and we sanction him, and we sanction another townie, they both would be able to spectate and solve right? Or did I misunderstand that concept.
Also if we go by inactivity, I would say that rules, somi, hydra, dark pit and frozen out of the running as well. While yes they have all posted, Their content seems to smaller compared to day one, so we could be out in that same scenario.

Who do you think should be sanctioned?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I already said Darkpit or Sabrar, but Darkpit hasn't posted for three days. We don't know his thoughts, and I don't know if I want to send an unknown to sanction. All the other players with low content are active and at least posting.

I'm against sanctioning somitomi or FateShirou.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
It’s an interesting point. Dark Pit could see spectate the game correct? If he’s town and we sanction him, and we sanction another townie, they both would be able to spectate and solve right? Or did I misunderstand that concept.
Also if we go by inactivity, I would say that rules, somi, hydra, dark pit and frozen out of the running as well. While yes they have all posted, Their content seems to smaller compared to day one, so we could be out in that same scenario.

Who do you think should be sanctioned?
Z25 think

we started with 6 town and 3 scum B1
now we are 5 town and 3 scum S1
after this phrase, if we sanction town
we will be 4 town and 3 scum B2, if we mis-banish we will enter judgment

we have to be careful with who we sanction
I'm against sanctioning FateShirou btw. I can see somitomi being sanctioned as well because if he flips demon then bessie is locktown and we have a couple of more phases to solve.
from my understanding only a sanction town could vote on judgment, we also only have 1 shot at a mis-sanction

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
another on call day from hell fml

## Sabrar

strongest town read, trying to finish a re-read rn, will be here till deadline if re-read changes my mind to swap

no way darkpit should be sanctioned over sabrar, though I understand sab's idea with the no self votes strat, that's def pro town EV

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The deadline is in approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes from now. Currently, Sabrar is on course to be sanctioned.

Last edited:

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Honestly you guys should really take a moment to think
why the heck would i want to be sanctioned
I'm town but i dont want to be the guy making the decision and end up losing us the game

at 2AM, im going to vote most likely for you
give us your reads on everyone

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Planned to post this next phase (so 'today' refers to D3) but I might not get the chance.

Please read this if you didn't give too much thought to how this format differs from a standard game.

There are 2 possibilities after today:

I. We banish a demon. Hooray, we keep on playing, you don't have to read anything further.

II. We banish a spirit. This means that a Judgement Day will occur (because 3 spirits and 3 demons remain in Limbo). It will be in the hands of the single sanctioned spirit to choose right. Note that essentially it will be another banishing phase in the sense that s/he will have to vote for a demon.

II/1. S/he votes incorrectly. Game over, demons win, armageddon.

II/2. S/he votes correctly. In this case we get another banishing phase with 3 spirits and 2 demons.

II/2/a. We banish a demon. Game over, we win, champagne all around.

II/2/b. We banish a spirit. Another Judgement Day occurs, we will no longer have any say in the outcome because game will end whether the sanctioned spirit votes correctly or not.

Therefore we only need to find 2 demons with 4 guesses to win. One of the possible ways to do this is to start establishing pairs where we are certain with a high degree of confidence that at least 1 of them is a demon. Another avenue is to go through all possible demon-triplets (20, but only 10 if every player skips the ones where they would be scum) and try to rank them from most likely to least likely and then vote according to which triplets we think are possible.
Whatever way we move forward, we need to think ahead and provide an opinion to the sanctioned spirit so s/he can vote correctly if we misbanish today.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 think

we started with 6 town and 3 scum B1
now we are 5 town and 3 scum S1
after this phrase, if we sanction town
we will be 4 town and 3 scum B2, if we mis-banish we will enter judgment

we have to be careful with who we sanction

from my understanding only a sanction town could vote on judgment, we also only have 1 shot at a mis-sanction
I know, the odds are already very fragile. Which is why this is actually a pretty tough decision and there’s so much room for doubt.

I also just checked again and see that sanctioned scum can communicate with mafia still, which applied to the fact the win if a majority of scum are sent there compared to town, then this decision needs to be precise. We can really only mess up and said one scum there, but even that would be bad. Unless it was scum that we think we have a good read on to base their connections to other players on. So sanctioned scum could help, but it’s a really big double edged sword.

I do think with that in mind, Sabrar is a good pick. He’s had that active thinking and hunting style that feels A lot more townie. I’m also feeling a little better on Bessie, as they really had a desire for me to prove why I would town read them. Which I don’t think scum does given they could have an easy town read, no way to make that situation harder.

Sab is also very active though, so he might be our best bet here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Planned to post this next phase (so 'today' refers to D3) but I might not get the chance.

Please read this if you didn't give too much thought to how this format differs from a standard game.

There are 2 possibilities after today:

I. We banish a demon. Hooray, we keep on playing, you don't have to read anything further.

II. We banish a spirit. This means that a Judgement Day will occur (because 3 spirits and 3 demons remain in Limbo). It will be in the hands of the single sanctioned spirit to choose right. Note that essentially it will be another banishing phase in the sense that s/he will have to vote for a demon.

II/1. S/he votes incorrectly. Game over, demons win, armageddon.

II/2. S/he votes correctly. In this case we get another banishing phase with 3 spirits and 2 demons.

II/2/a. We banish a demon. Game over, we win, champagne all around.

II/2/b. We banish a spirit. Another Judgement Day occurs, we will no longer have any say in the outcome because game will end whether the sanctioned spirit votes correctly or not.

Therefore we only need to find 2 demons with 4 guesses to win. One of the possible ways to do this is to start establishing pairs where we are certain with a high degree of confidence that at least 1 of them is a demon. Another avenue is to go through all possible demon-triplets (20, but only 10 if every player skips the ones where they would be scum) and try to rank them from most likely to least likely and then vote according to which triplets we think are possible.
Whatever way we move forward, we need to think ahead and provide an opinion to the sanctioned spirit so s/he can vote correctly if we misbanish today.
This is a solid perception. Kind of how I was just thinking with my last post, but I hadn’t as much thought towards it.

With what you just said in mind, whose your likeliest Paris where one is scum and the other is not?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I think somitomi is probably town. I have a hard time reading him because he has a consistent style but I trust LaserGuy here, he defended himself well against bessie and nothing pinged me too much.

I think bessie might be scum. Again, this is somewhat relying on LaserGuy's read, also her push on somitomi feels a little off. Also, association to FateShirou because of #564. I'm concerned that my trust in LaserGuy biased me however and I don't have any type of solid case. against her.

I'm very ambivalent about FateShirou, he has a very good tone but his content isn't great. I'm fairly certain he has the same alignment as FrozenFlame (see #472).

I've liked Maven (though in hindsight I probably gave him more townie-points then I should have). I liked Z25 up until his push on FrozenFlame which contained some pretty gross points. However his reaction after seemed okay. There is an outside chance that this is scum-theater, but if not then Z25 is likely town, so you should flip FrozenFlame first, that also might give you info about FateShirou.

DarkPit is probably just town.

I haven't reviewed the hydra lately.

I don't have a solid T-vs-S pair. I think banishing FrozenFlame tomorrow might be best, but you all need to give opinion on the follow-up if that's wrong.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think somitomi is probably town. I have a hard time reading him because he has a consistent style but I trust LaserGuy here, he defended himself well against bessie and nothing pinged me too much.

I think bessie might be scum. Again, this is somewhat relying on LaserGuy's read, also her push on somitomi feels a little off. Also, association to FateShirou because of #564. I'm concerned that my trust in LaserGuy biased me however and I don't have any type of solid case. against her.

I'm very ambivalent about FateShirou, he has a very good tone but his content isn't great. I'm fairly certain he has the same alignment as FrozenFlame (see #472).

I've liked Maven (though in hindsight I probably gave him more townie-points then I should have). I liked Z25 up until his push on FrozenFlame which contained some pretty gross points. However his reaction after seemed okay. There is an outside chance that this is scum-theater, but if not then Z25 is likely town, so you should flip FrozenFlame first, that also might give you info about FateShirou.

DarkPit is probably just town.

I haven't reviewed the hydra lately.

I don't have a solid T-vs-S pair. I think banishing FrozenFlame tomorrow might be best, but you all need to give opinion on the follow-up if that's wrong.
You did seem to agree with some of my ideas put out on FF, notablely the fact they refused to acknowledge I provided actually reasoning and proof of my DP read. I still think regardless of some of my weaker and more debatable points, the slots EOD doesn’t add up.

I agree to a degree with your Fate read to. Minus the content part. I think the content is there but it’s hard to get a true read on. Still there are some good posts, they have that comes off more townie and solving then before. Although that comes a lot from their posts today.

Bessie is an interesting slot still. Do you think scum Bessie presses on my post about why I town read them if they are scum? Sure you could argue it looks better for them, but at the same time, I feel like there is not a need for this day 1.
If Frozen Is not scum, does that make Bessie or fate more likely to you? Or do you think scum fate only works with scum ff?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Ok I am falling asleep and I don't know if I can stay awake until deadline.

##Sabrar

I think Sabrar will figure it out if we go to judgement.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Do you think scum Bessie presses on my post about why I town read them if they are scum? Sure you could argue it looks better for them, but at the same time, I feel like there is not a need for this day 1.
I think it's natural for a lot of players to question why others town-read them as either alignment. Either because they have town-paranoia or they want to emulate that.

If Frozen Is not scum, does that make Bessie or fate more likely to you? Or do you think scum fate only works with scum ff?
If Frozen is not scum then his strong defense of Fate must be considered. Therefore Fate is less likely and bessie becomes more likely because of PoE.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think it's natural for a lot of players to question why others town-read them as either alignment. Either because they have town-paranoia or they want to emulate that.

If Frozen is not scum then his strong defense of Fate must be considered. Therefore Fate is less likely and bessie becomes more likely because of PoE.
Thank you for your perspectives.

I’m about to pass out as well, so I’m leaving my vote. I hope you can continue to help us, and hopefully we can nab scum tomorrow.

##Vote: Sabrar

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [S1-1]

Sabrar | 4/5 | Z25, bessie, FrozenFlame, HeuristicCheese
Darkpit | 1/5 | Sabrar

Not Voting: somitomi, Darkpit, FateShirou

sab, pit
heu, sab
fro, sab
bes, sab
z25, sab

With 8 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to sanction.
The deadline for Sanction 1 is Thursday, the 27th at 1:00 am MT.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [S1-Final]

Sabrar | 4/5 | Z25, bessie, FrozenFlame, HeuristicCheese
Darkpit | 1/5 | Sabrar

Not Voting: somitomi, Darkpit, FateShirou

sab, pit
heu, sab
fro, sab
bes, sab