• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

bessie

Smash Journeyman
yall should be looking at the people who unvoted for me
laserguy? flipped town
sabrar? flipped town
darkpit slot?
somi?

the only one who stayed on me from those 4 were darkpit slot, and swiss slot
And what is looking at the people that unvoted you supposed to tell me?

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
And what is looking at the people that unvoted you supposed to tell me?

do you think my wagon was relatively town?
swiss didnt vote for me until most of them got off

A) scum could vote for me and leave their vote on me (darkpit/swiss)
or
B) move it off to avoid getting me lynched (somi)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would read your posts. But play in whatever style gives you enjoyment. I’m suspicious of your content in this post not for your style, but because I’m always suspicious of LAMIST type posts.

Yes I do think they can be teammates. Read end of D1, at post #327 FateShirou is leading the votals. The vote moves from FateShirou to somitomi, and ends on LaserGuy.

FateShirou FateShirou can you respond to FrozenFlame’s #703 and #705?

My voting pool is FateShirou, somitomi, and FrozenFlame.
I did think FF could be buddying or mates with Fate, but I’m not sure. It be a good performance for those two. Still FF sticks out more, no scum reads, no commitment, lack of reading, always trying to deflect things onto other players and the fact they still continue to trying and ignore my posts to make me look worse, looks bad imo.

Im going to be very surprised if they are town.

I don’t know when deadline is, but I’m putting a vote down for FF.

##Vote: FrozenFlame.

Their flip gives us so much to work with either way.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [B2-2]

FrozenFlame | 1/4 | Z25
FateShirou | 1/4 | somitomi
somitomi | 1/4 | Red Ryu
Z25 | 1/4 | FrozenFlame

Not Voting: FateShirou, bessie, HeuristicCheese

som, shi
shi, fro
ryu, som
fro, z25
z25, fro
shi, unv

With 7 players in Limbo, it takes 4 to banish.
The deadline for Banish 2 is Sunday, the 30th at 10:00 pm MT.

The deadline is in about an hour from this post.

Last edited:

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Deadline is in approximately an hour.

do you think my wagon was relatively town?
swiss didnt vote for me until most of them got off

A) scum could vote for me and leave their vote on me (darkpit/swiss)
or
B) move it off to avoid getting me lynched (somi)
Ok so what does this tell you? Do you think Darkpit and Swiss are scum? You're just empty posting.

##FateShirou

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Darkpit and Swiss are scum?
I think the scum here is darkpit
they didnt seem to have a town mindset and their replacement hasnt gone much but summarize the game and bring up a few good posts

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
##unvote

only if their scum
if they flip town, we go into judgment
Even in judgement, Sabrar would get to evaluate the game correct?

If so, I trust he could learn a lot from the flip if FF is town, to help him help us during judgment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
what would you want sabrar to look at
if FF flips town
me? am i scum then?
Frozen has had a lot on strong opinions on every slot this game.

Particularly if town flipped, Sabrar should look at Bessie, Somi, and swiss and then I guess me.

Considering Frozen has had an issue with those slots most and has you at top town. The rest of those should take priority to see if FF actually has any valid points in that regard.

I’ll also break down this game and those slots more if FF flips town. Which in turn adds another perspective which we are going to need in that scenario.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [B2-3]

FateShirou | 2/4 | bessie, somitomi
FrozenFlame | 1/4 | Z25
somitomi | 1/4 | Red Ryu
Z25 | 1/4 | FrozenFlame
Red Ryu | 1/4 | FateShirou

Not Voting: HeuristicCheese

som, shi
shi, fro
ryu, som
fro, z25
z25, fro
shi, unv
bes, shi
shi, ryu

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice

getting a bit impatient where is everyone
i dont want to vote on someone to save myself if it means a tie

i mean skipping this phrase isnt a bad idea
~~im going to get lynched for that LOL~~

i do feel uneasy about FF and somi
less so about FF now, but it really drags at me we cant question somi more since they are asleep and FF is gosh knows where

any appetite to lunch ryu?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Even in judgement, Sabrar would get to evaluate the game correct?

If so, I trust he could learn a lot from the flip if FF is town, to help him help us during judgment.
I understand you want to see Frozen’s flip, but aren’t you more interested in eliminating scum?

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu hurry up we would like time to react.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
I understand you want to see Frozen’s flip, but aren’t you more interested in eliminating scum?
bessie voting for me will elimiate town not scum

UGHHHH
why not somi instead of me
ive been pouring my heart out
all they have done was latch on my leg

7mins left to get a read out of ryu
JEEZ bessie

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Alright since it looks like im going to dye
Good luck sabrar

my last vote list and reads

Swiss slot
- i do not think they are scum, their posts have been insightful and i would not vote here

Bessie
- this is a tough one, they been on my case all phrase but i doubt scum!bessie will go through this, since you are unabe to find out their feelings after my flip, this might not be a good place to vote

Z25
- i think they are a clueless townie
they have said some weird things that involve not understanding game mechanics, are they doing that on purpose to get town to fk up

somi
- i have my interactions look it up
i ****ing reloaded and half my post is gone fk this site

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
JFC GUYS UR GOING TO LET ME DIE FOR THIS
FOR ****ING THIS
UGHHHHHHHHHHH

##FATESHIROU

JFC 39 SECONDS JUST LET ME ****ING POST

heck darkpit
heck FF
and heck u too somi

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
not trying to put this game to a 50/50 shot, not that dont trust sab with it it's just not an easy call

## Red Ryu

sorry homie Im with fate here like darkpit was grime and you havent really done anything to change my mind on the slot

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [B2-Final]

FateShirou | 3/4 | FateShirou, bessie, somitomi
FrozenFlame | 1/4 | Z25
somitomi | 1/4 | Red Ryu
Z25 | 1/4 | FrozenFlame

Not Voting: HeuristicCheese

som, shi
shi, fro
ryu, som
fro, z25
z25, fro
shi, unv
bes, shi
shi, ryu
shi, shi
----------Final

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
FateShirou was Banished!

He was...

Sanctioned
Sabrar - Spirit

Limbo
FrozenFlame
bessie
Somitomi
Z25
HeuristicCheese
Darkpit

Banished
LaserGuy - Spirit
FateShirou - Spirit

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Judgement Day

With 3 spirits and 3 demons in Limbo, the fate of the spirit world now lies with the Sanctioned. As Sabrar is the only sanctioned player, he alone will decide who to banish.

The deadline for Judgement Day 1 will be 48 hours. Limbo players are still able to discuss within the game thread during this time; however, sanctioned players may only post and carry out their votes within the sanction thread.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame bessie bessie somitomi somitomi Z25 Z25 HeuristicCheese HeuristicCheese #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Sabrar Sabrar

With 1 player sanctioned, it takes 1 to banish.
The deadline for Judgement Day 1 is Wednesday, the 2nd at 11:00 pm MT.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well this is exactly why we should have gone for an option with more to gain.

Well now I’ve got to re read. Bessie just went down big time on my reads list.

Somi needs an instant evaluation.

I’m still putting faith that Dark Pit/ Ryu are town. Last minute activity always sucks and it’s really annoying a townie got lynched because of that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Whoops I was tired and fell asleep, so need to think on that flip with a judgment day. Give me time at work to catch up then I will head the stuff I missed between my catch up and this.

HeuristicCheese

Smash Rookie
Surprised at the FS flip, sans last 10 pages, would have got on that myself. Also wouldn't have sanctioned Sabrar, and wouldn't have banished Laserguy either.

So I'm being impactful.

Activity will be recovering, will re-read for gut reads and more in depth as weak progresses.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I see there’s see no real content.

Well regardless, I’ve been compiling posts breaking everyone down. Should be a big set of analysis, so I probably won’t be posting till tomorrow, unless I finish earlier.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing we're all waiting for the Gods to decide our fate.
I should use this time to go back to the drawing board.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Surprised at the FS flip, sans last 10 pages, would have got on that myself. Also wouldn't have sanctioned Sabrar, and wouldn't have banished Laserguy either.

So I'm being impactful.

Activity will be recovering, will re-read for gut reads and more in depth as weak progresses.
Well we have less than 2 days for Sabrar to pick anyone stick out to you?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m not gonna be livid if FF and Z25 are both town but given the state we are at I’m hard pressed they are both town given the other players right now.

Is z25 just that sure FF is scum given his play? I don’t like the tunnel like behavio

not trying to put this game to a 50/50 shot, not that dont trust sab with it it's just not an easy call

## Red Ryu

sorry homie Im with fate here like darkpit was grime and you havent really done anything to change my mind on the slot
Was Pit grime to you before?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m not gonna be livid if FF and Z25 are both town but given the state we are at I’m hard pressed they are both town given the other players right now.

Is z25 just that sure FF is scum given his play? I don’t like the tunnel like behavio

Was Pit grime to you before?
I literally am that sure. Especially when you look back at the fate frozen debate. Like Bessie mentioned yesterday, they thought the two could somehow be a team. But I found that to be absolute nonsense, given the way the game developed. Hence why I pressed Bessie on that. I don’t see any world they are both town this game. And as we know Fate was town. So I really think that Frozen probably can’t be the same alignment . I’ll touch in this more tomorrow’s

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I literally am that sure. Especially when you look back at the fate frozen debate. Like Bessie mentioned yesterday, they thought the two could somehow be a team. But I found that to be absolute nonsense, given the way the game developed. Hence why I pressed Bessie on that. I don’t see any world they are both town this game. And as we know Fate was town. So I really think that Frozen probably can’t be the same alignment . I’ll touch in this more tomorrow’s
*EBWOP:
Just tomorrow to end that sentence, not Tomorrow’s

bessie

Smash Journeyman

## Red Ryu

Hey Frozen thanks for showing up TEN MINUTES AFTER DEADLINE. Do you have any reads or you just going to throw some more shade?

Well now I’ve got to re read. Bessie just went down big time on my reads list.
Why? Because I did analysis, voted, and gave reasons for my vote?

I’m still putting faith that Dark Pit/ Ryu are town. Last minute activity always sucks and it’s really annoying a townie got lynched because of that.
Interesting Red Ryu posted with 19 minutes remaining and implied he would be back and never returned but he’s still a town lean for you? Noted.

Whoops I was tired and fell asleep, so need to think on that flip with a judgment day. Give me time at work to catch up then I will head the stuff I missed between my catch up and this.
1622608058145.png

How about you give us your reads and a town-scum list?

Swiss here - I'm back. Nowhere near caught up. I think I'm 10 pages behind. If Sabrar is wrong here the game is over right?
Correct so it would be helpful if you can post some content before deadline.

I'm guessing we're all waiting for the Gods to decide our fate.
I should use this time to go back to the drawing board.
Wonderful. Let’s see your updated town-scum list.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey Frozen thanks for showing up TEN MINUTES AFTER DEADLINE. Do you have any reads or you just going to throw some more shade?

Interesting Red Ryu posted with 19 minutes remaining and implied he would be back and never returned but he’s still a town lean for you? Noted.

View attachment 317495

There’s more to it then that.

Also FF was lurking the whole time in the last like 29 minutes, yet never posted until way after deadline.

You gonna say that’s a town thing to do? Especially when said post was in response to something not even going on at the time of EOD.

they both have the same qualities, yet you decided to not to push FF despite my reasoning.

Noted

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

View attachment 317495

It happens these days, I tend to get tired and whoops things I needed to do I forgot about.

Town
Red Town Ryu
Bessie
Z25
FF
HeuristicCheese
Somitomi
Scum

I wish I did vote in hindsight one of z25 or FF yesterday, that could have put someone into hardlock town. At this point I am feelin more like FF is the better to lunch between the two given the posts and activity. I'm trying to recall and ask FF where the Pit scum came from.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright since no one really wants to contribute today, its up to me it seems. So let's begin! First on my Scum List, Swiss.
Well I was gonna suggest massclaim also but since LaserGuy is being Waggoned for it I’ll keep quiet

##Laserguy
This shows that Swiss is very aware of everything with Laser here. Which is why I doubt he missed Laser suggest Mass Claim.
Maven is town - he hasn’t even read the rules
Maven why didn’t you read the rules
Speak for yourself - I got a big
Also I was convinced this was going to be a game of everyone as vanilla
This confirms Swiss read the roles part of the rules at the very least. Which you know what that says right?

The flavor is based on the animation Spirited Away. All players have a relatively weak PR (for instance, there are no alignment cops, vigilantes, or doctors). There is no association between flavor, ability, and alignment. The process for assigning roles was as follows:
vig*

walkinf my dog and auto correct ruined my line

furious
Claims Vig. Tries to say later they always claim Vig, but they only claimed vig once in their games here from what I've seen. And would you look at that. The roles section says no vig. Yet he claimed anyway. Which means Swiss was straight up trying to Bull **** the thread and look good by trying to use previous town tells.

Except here, he would know that couldn't be possible if he read the rules!
1622661536040.png

Not that hard to figure it out.
Ah.

Turns out that I also, didn't read the rules.
It is quite wonderful that I accidentally engineered a self clear.
This doesn't even feel like an accident. In fact its very forced, and the reason for this I'll show why with these next few quotes.
Darkpit have we ever played together?
Asking questions like this to seem town are super common scum strats. Hell our very own host got me eliminated in Mafia twice for this exact reason. This is also a good time to bring up this:

Swiss's town play is way different here. Its also the only other game I can find on here of his besides one other. He was way more proactive. He had decent insight into mechanics, and the game right off the bat as a townie.

Yet here, he's claiming to somehow missed all of this? Which accidentally clears here? Sorry, but this feels to forced and like a setup given his other posts in that game.
Why phrased as aggro? I’m being nice

And I hard cleared him

And myself

Explain
"Hard Cleared" Again, this fees like an attempt by a scum to hard clear someone in case they got yeeted. This would setup for a mis yeet which really screws town over if they buy into it. Regardless I don't see Town hard clearing someone day one if they know nothing of that person's role. It just feels like Swiss is trying to look good but clearing Maven for trust. Another strategy that I've seen scum employ a lot.
No that’s fine.

I claim vig every game - this game has just made it moot
Again, he's claimed Vig once in games I found. So this is a lie. It's also not the only lie here.
Why? I haven't posted anything since you made the comment about my post being awkward.

Yes. This is why it is better that we claim... it is much easier to neutralize any roles that have the potential for shenanigans if we know them in advance. As it happens, there are several roles already claimed that might actually have some decent utility if we plan for it in advance.
Because you suggested the mass claim
I definitively proved Swiss read the thread day one/ or he lied about reading it to setup a fake claim. Either way with his focus on Laser early game, and knowing he was getting wagoned( that means he read all 3 posts prior), Swiss would know Laser suggested that claim before now and have no reason to vote them and just join an easy wagon to yeet who would later be confirmed as a townie.
Swiss was very much paying attention to the early game. There is no way he misses Laser suggesting this.
Ok enough from phone.
Hopefully someone will start a wagon on Somitomi
No townie asks this at this point in the game. This gets even worse when you consider the wagon does start on Somi later. Something I think Swiss helped in deliberately trying to set up.
#5 Laser like but maye just big brain tbc

#6 Sabrar is this rvs or serious

#12 Liked but turns out null

#21 @Darkpit54 who do you know here, how good are you at mafia

#23 Somi dislike didnt do much

#24 FS like

#27 laser nai

#31 fs first to claim +ve

#40 ff why does somi feel off. like ff

#51 I shoot from the hip, I play fast and free, like a Hawk

#53 Even mortal men make mistakes...It's like I knew!

#54 yes it is. More on this please

#55 " You can be Town this game. "
This I dislike strongly. Very clunky and bold wording from a cautious and analytical player. Flashbacks from our last game.

#57 mindmeld

#65 like darkpit. NULL until experience shown

#67 ff still no idea what that analogy was
+ve for not explaining it though

#68 nvm you did, null. lmao

#70 like ff

#74 like maven again. Shoudl have said I did earlier

#78 swiss you skimmed and missed a post.

#96 ok content starts here bois and boiellas
null

#97 eh on somi.
Query: who said they liked somi

#100 oh its laser. convenient. I can see how, but its a null

#105 swiss stop skimming

#107 Bessie re: maven. would maven as scum who's a new player not bother to read the rules?

#108 spidery, in this case, is when laser is reading off. Normally i save it for late game to describe the scum leader. But he's reading the same as last agme. Where he was scum. And I was town. And I was right. And Bessie THREW THE GAME.

Town
Maven
FrozenFlame
DarkpitTBC,XP
FateShirou
Sabrar
bessie
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Swiss

No colours yet

FateShirou FateShirou Just to be crystal clear, it's against the spirit of the game to misrepresent your mafia experience. That's the entirety of your experience?
This is Swiss trying to seem town after his mistakes got pointed out( like how he was sus of laser, how he didn't read the thread, and how his claim was a lie) This is a fluff based attempt to get back on track to looking town. There's barely any substance to this list's reasonings.
How do you, one the one hand, state you're keeping track of claims, and on the other hand, forget I claimed.

From your record you seem good as scum and useless as town, so not why would we bother keeping you around anyway. Nice, safe lynch for us to tuck into.
-Swiss can keep track of information like who was keeping track of what, but someone missed Laser suggesting the mass claim because of the setup? Sorry I don't buy someone being this attentive missing this hard. Also no townie is calling a user a useless townie. Especially when there is no merit for that atm this post was made.
Why Sabrar so low?
Critizes Sabrar's placement, but there's literally a two space difference. Swiss just has Sabrar two spots higher, which still places him low on the list. So why would they take issue here, when they don't even view Sabrar as that high ranking of town at this point?

This intent falls apart when you realize Swiss has been deliberately reading the thread. The fact they stated they read the roles section the front page but then claimed VIg and pretended they didn't know shows they've been lying consistently this game.

There is no way they can be town after that. But this show ain't over yet.

Top Bottom