• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

speed of thought players north attleboro MA tourney 1/9

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Because.

So I'm likely to be at this, although I'm probably leaving around 7, friends are going back to college and we're going out for wings and ****.

I will be doing quarter MM's at this. Get at me.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Oh Shi-! Wheres JHoLLa? We need these 2 beastly guys who can lift tvs with just their fingers.
Haha I dont think Jholla plays any games of any kind now.

Smash is like riding a bike Mafia, im sure ill be fine :)

Smooch I'll definitely make an appearance, but I dont know if I can stay for the whole tourney.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Roman we've run pools with less then thirty two on multiple occasions.

The point of pools is so that everyone gets their moneys worth and to help further seed the brackets.

I almost never see a reason to not run pools it encourages even the players whom don't have contention for spots in the top 5 to come out everytime because they get to have matches with a variety of players and have more matches then the usual get paired against a good player and then get into losers with a good player 2 and out shenanigans.

Spife

Smash Master
pools pools pools!
i like pools
no elims on them pools :bee:

also mm's are best 3 outa 5 and I'll probably forget that so remind me :bee:

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
This is tomorrow Yeah!

Dave, from what people are saying about pools is that they want more matches in the tourney since they are spending money to get in. The reason is because they have to play everybody once and whoever gets the most points advances to the bracket. Where as if you just did double elim with no pool particpates would only get at least only two tourney matches.

Quick summary-The players want more for their buck!

I will obviously help out but since the employee's also help out it might take longer because they are new to the tourney scene altogether and it would make it harder for them to learn how things are done because you switched it up from the last tourney and the previous way is how there expecting it to be done. It's up to you but I am just happy with the fact that singles is first and teams is second.

I almost forgot you must remember the time constraint on us. If you think you won't be able to get the tourney done on time then go straight into double elim but if you think you can get it all done with pools and still be packed up to leave at 8pm then by all means go ahead. You have my support with your final decision.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
**** yeah, swiss format. That would be so cash.

Also, would take so much time that doubles wouldn't happen.

What's the setup situation?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'd be willing to give up doubles for the chance to play everyone at least once.

Banks

Smash Hero
pools would be cools if there was enough time

c everyone tomorrow, i'll mm anyone for amounts of legal tender $1-$5

Mokumo

Smash Ace
singles first IS lame.

relax will be there. probably not with a setup though i dont even know if im entering or anything i just want to see/play everyone

Banks

Smash Hero
why would singles be first? that is *** backwards in relation to 99.9% of tournaments rofl

we'll be there by 12:30 as best we can anyhow. i'll help with seeding for pools if kev-bro wants (and we actually are doing them) since i know each and every person in attendance intimately. (really intimately)

Roman.

Smash Champion
i won't be helping with seeding because i need hours to warmup my fox and since singles is first i won't be able to get my precious hours therefore have to get in as many matches as humanly possible...

PLZ MAKE DOUBLES FIRST!!!!

/begging

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that is changing is the fact that there is going to be pools. Please be there on time because we don't want to wait for people to show up.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
why would singles be first? that is *** backwards in relation to 99.9% of tournaments rofl

we'll be there by 12:30 as best we can anyhow. i'll help with seeding for pools if kev-bro wants (and we actually are doing them) since i know each and every person in attendance intimately. (really intimately)
Yeah no doubt I will need my seeding partner as per usual Banks <3.

Sorry Kyu :( I know you felt gipped. but we will make sure it won't happen again.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also I didn't think seeding was to bad, last time Kyu you were like the one anomaly in a well seeded pool :).

Haven't really had anyone have a complaint besides you. Not saying it isn't valid though ;) <3.

Gmoney, Hazzard, perhaps his girlfriend. That was all he mentioned.

Banks

Smash Hero
me and kevinm seed so well that we don't even call it seeding. we plant the..uh...trees..and

*insert joke about seeds*

i'm tired, i should sleep so i can be a serial rapist at this

Spife

Smash Master
why am I not on this list
mm?

i won't be helping with seeding because i need hours to warmup my fox and since singles is first i won't be able to get my precious hours therefore have to get in as many matches as humanly possible...

PLZ MAKE DOUBLES FIRST!!!!

/begging
ai ya kid just warm up at home or get there early and warm up well. You don't need hours son.

Banks

Smash Hero
i warm up by playing myself in my mind. i have been chain grabbing me for about twenty minutes, i have the timing down so well.

Top Bottom