• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar Legendaries

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
What do you think about the legendaries that appear at Spear Pillar? I think that Palkia is pretty cool since he flips the stage and all the stuff. Dialga is alright since he doesn't do too much stuff that can hurt you, but I hate Cresselia the most since it is always throwing things and it could get pretty annoying.

phuxed

Smash Rookie
I don't even know the names of the pokemon that appear, didn't play that generation of games.

They all do different things, though. One shoots projectiles, one flips the stage and does gravity altering stuff, and a third one I believe shoots out LAZAHS

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Ok, first of all no. They don't do much of the same thing. Plus, Palkia is the one that stands on 2 legs, Dialga is the the one that stands on 4 legs, and Cresselia is the one with no legs.

-Phoenix-

Smash Cadet
I love this stage when it comes to Dialga, slowing things down it just fun to see but when it comes to Palkia I don't really like it because I remember when I got knocked away from the stage when I was ike and I tried to use the quick draw to return and Palkia decided to reverse the control and I happen to quick draw away from the stage -_-. One thing I can say about Palkia that I like is the way it crys. Now Cresselia it's not like it's hard to dodge it's attack but it's annoying as hell. There was some moments where I got hit by it's attack because it went through the center of the stage.

But whatever all I can say is I always look forward to a blue sky when it's purple I sigh.

pacha

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeLiwanyanoNika
3DS FC
0877-2647-5564
Those pesky legendary pokemon are always bothering me. Sum1 should catch them. jk Actually This is my favorite stage as of now cause it gets interesting 2 me.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
The only things I hate about the Legendaries are that they sometimes suddenly decide to jump out and kill everyone in front of them and anything to do with Cresselia. If it weren't for the space duck, the jump-and-roar, and the loop I would actually enjoy this stage quite a bit.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I really wish they put a bit more thought into the legendaries' effects. Dialga's fun as hell, but Palkia and Cresselia just screw the match over. (IDK what Cresselia's doing on Spear Pillar in the first place -- you find it on an island for crying out loud.) The lasers can be shielded, thank god.

That said, it's a blast if you get Palkia or Cresselia in a FFA.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I really don't like Palkia at all.

One tip: If you play Ness, pray that Palkia doesn't flip the stage when you're recovering with his PK Thunder.

Dialga is okay, but my favorite is Cresselia. I love when it makes the thing do a boomerang around the stage. Sometimes you can trap your enemy so they get hit, but when you get hit by it, you hate it. XD

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
Spear Pillar is weird and strange. It's always fun to play in, and I think that even if you die because of one of the effects, it makes up for killing your opponent as well. But seriously though, I die WAY too many times because the stage flips or because the controls get reversed. And if you're playing against a CPU, it doesn't affect them at all, so that's why I prefer playing it with 3 or 4 people, to get the most fun out of it. Oddly enough though, Cresselia has never killed me. It's just done massive amounts of damage, nothing much to worry about >.>

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Palkia > Dialga and Cresselia .
Watching my opponents SD when the map is reversed gives me a good chuckle or two.
Watching Cresselia attack everyone with it's giant pink boomarang can be a pain if your on the bottom half of the stage or trying to recover.
But as for Dialga, the only good thing about him is when he randomly jumps on the stage &gives about 25% damage to the guys around him. It makes my little cousin go 'wtf?' .
But I'd rather have the whole stage flipped around than having Dialga make it all slo mo.
If I want a slo mo match, I'll go on wi-fi. :|

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
What do Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf do? For those of you who don't play Pokemon, those are the little blue pokemon that appear when Cresselia is there.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
They are just there, and they can appear with Palkia and Dialga too. I think Nintendo wanted to put Darkrai there too, but couldn't due to time restraints.

I personally like Palkia, nothing says lovin like a stage flipped SD to your opponent XD, or them walking into a Fully charged Fsmash, KO's at 0% there sometimes XD.

Neogen

Smash Rookie
Palkia- Big white/pink thing (controls space). Can turn the stage as it pleases. IMO- Very cool until it goes full 180 and everyone gets confused (worse when your recovering and it happens).

Dialga- Big blue thing (controls time). Makes things go slower (I don't think it does faster, but I don't go there much). IMO- Nice effect and good for slow detailed combat. HOWEVER, ever been in a laggy online match and then dialga decides to do that? NOT COOL.

Cresselia- Small pink/light blue thing (lunar...). Sends out lunar disks of pain. IMO- It's just another obstacle, and useful for throwing off the opponent.

All- Break the stage a bit on top and send out glow lazers. IMO- The ground breaking is cool, especially in the middle to mess up people's camping down there. The lazers I could do without, but you can try to use them to your advantage.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, for those who still don't get which Pokemon is which and what they do (God forbid), here's a load down:

Uxie: Uxie is the being of knowledge, who resides in one of the three lakes of Sinnoh. Legend has it that just seeing it's eyes will completley wipe out your memory (bummer) so it doesn't open it's eyes at all for safety reasons. In Brawl, it's just there as an easter egg.

Mespirit: The being of emotion, legend has it that touching it would make you emotionally dead, literally, in a few days. It also lives in one of Sinnoh's three lakes (in fact, the lake near the main character's home), but going up to it makes it run off (similar to the legendary dogs in G/S/C or the Lati twins in R/S/E). Like Uxie, it is merely an easter egg in Brawl.

Azelf: The being of willpower, harming it will cause you to lose all willpower in a couple of weeks, thus reducing you to your bed, unable to do anything. Like the other two, it resides in one of the three lakes of Sinnoh and is just an easter egg in Brawl.

Dialga: The being of time, it is the one that looks like a quadripedal dinosaur with a Diamond in it's chest. In Brawl, it fires lasers, breaks part of the top floor, will jump out to attack you, and slow down time. This is actually the more defensive one of the two deities in Diamond/Pearl

Palkia: The being of space, it is the bipedal one with pearls in it's shoulders (I actually got Pearl because Palkia warps space). In Brawl, Palkia does pretty much the same thing Dialga does, minus the jumping out and attacking and time warping and plus more severe camera altering and gravity modifications. It is the more offensive of the two in Diamond/Pearl

Cresselia: Cresselia is a Pokemon that brings good dreams (Recently, it's reverse Pokemon [as in the Pokemon with the opposite power {nightmares}], Darkrai, has been released in the US, and is even a trophy in Brawl). Ironically, it has nothing to do with spear pillar. Once you see it, it'll run off like Mespirit. As we all know, Cresselia fires boomerang like objects at you and launches blade like things at the top floor.

Other Pokemon of mention:

Giratina: The ruler of another dimension, Giratina is (as of Diamond/Pearl) nothimg more than an extra legendary, but will gain the star role in Pokemon Platinum. It has a connection to spear pillar in platinum, but it hasn't been released yet (or for some time) so it doesn't appear.

Arceus: This is God. Description in a nutshell. Arceus has the highest total stat of any Pokemon, along with highest level found in the wild (lvl. 80, the highest before was 70), along with many other traits as well unique to this Pokemon (it Ironically can't use every move. Because it's a quadriped, it can't learn any punch moves). It is located in the hall of origin, above spear pillar. However, since it still hasn't been released to the public (and since Shayman has been released in Japan, the only one), it doesn't appear in Brawl. But it's nice to know.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
The only things I hate about the Legendaries are that they sometimes suddenly decide to jump out and kill everyone in front of them and anything to do with Cresselia. If it weren't for the space duck, the jump-and-roar, and the loop I would actually enjoy this stage quite a bit.
To be honest l noticed that it is not suddenly. They roar and make a move as warning everytime that they are going to do something.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
^ I think you just confused people even more by telling them about legendaries that aren't even in the stage.
Well, it was more like a "and a couple of completely pointless facts related to this" thing. I understand your concern, even I hate school.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I love Palkia. Dialga hates me, though. Breaks the stage on my side when I need it, doesn't when I do need it... Stands in front of the stage and blasts me away... He firez his laz0rz too much.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
i like thestage aswwell and have any of u play that stage and a green hand comes out of nowhere and hits u. It happened to me once before.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I like the Palkia the most because he makes the stage more exciting. Like, flipping over the stage and it is funny when I have Brawl noobs come and suicide themselves because of it.

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
I really like Dialga's effects, but mostly just the time slowing down. Makes everything a little more interesting for a little while. Palkia's effects are cool too, just not as entertaining as Dialga's. All my friends and I, and a lot of people online, have learned to acclimate to Palkia's stage flip, so not as fun as it was a couple months ago.

Cresselia isn't all that enjoyable, all it does is shoot crap at you. Where's the fun in that?

.Marik

is a social misfit
I actually love that stage. It's fun to play on. Just don't like it when Palkia reverses it.. and Cresselia is just plain annoying sometimes. >_>

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I HATE Palkia. Whenever the stage flips or directions reverse, it's always like the exact moment I'm recovering >_> And it's only me among my friends it happens to lol.

StrongGaia

Smash Rookie
I hate Cresella's spinning discs of doom, if I'm ever playing friends and he (or she, probably she) turns up, then I usually restart.

Dialga and Palkia are awesome though. Stage destruction, low grav, laser beams and stage flipping is awesome.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Palkia is the only one I mind.. I swear to god, it's like being high when he flips the stage or reverses controls and all that.. I'll quietly groan to myself when Cressellia shows up, but I don't mind him. I don't think I've seen Dialga once though.. Which is really weird, I guess...

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
I really hate Palkia... it is so annoying like nothing else in the whole brawl game...
I really hate it, when this strange pokemon reverses the control or rotates the stage... omg... you are not able to play the if there is Palkia and doing strange things all the time

Cresselia is annoying, too, but you are able to avoid its attacks... and it warns you by crying or something like that... if it would not attack so often, it would be quite ok... but as it is... it is like the map tries to fight you...

The last one - Dialga - is nice i think... if Dialga was the only pokemon on spear pillar, the stage would be a really nice stage...
this beams are quite dangerous... but the warning is quite fair and the duration of the beams is quite short... that it destroys the stage is a really cool feature... you can't run away or do circle camping any more... relly cool... if there was a way to disable the other pokemon, i would do it directly ;)

but... one thing cunfuses me every time i play the map...
one of the 3 pokemon appears, later disappears...
a bit later a new pokemon appears... but it is the same like the first on EVERY time
is that normal?

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
For the most part, I think Dialga is pretty harmless. Cresselia's attacks can easily be avoided if you learn to recognize the various patterns they have. But Palkia is the worst, simply because of how it turns everything upside-down or inverts the screen. I think that Giratina should have been there instead of Cresselia, as it is more closely connected to the other two and will actually appear on Spear Pillar in Pokémon Platinum.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
Play as Captain Falcon on Spear Pillar with Dialga
Hit w/ Final Smash during slow-mo
enjoy your GOD**** EPIC CUTSCENE WITH CAPTAIN FALCON ROADKILLING STUFF IN BLURRY SLOW-MO
**** YEAH

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Everytime i do Quick Draw, Dialga break the center of the stage. -_-
I play very well with the reversed controls,maybe because of the many year spent playing Bomberman....

Johnny_C

Smash Cadet
Once you get the idea, either of the three can do to you ****. It's one of my favorite stages.

Top Bottom