• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar confirmed! (Discovery - Fall Conference Video)

N!co

Smash Rookie

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure Luigi's Mansion is in the game, but there are clues, this stage isn't Luigi's Mansion.

We can't indentify this stage, there isn't even a castle on this stage.
Only a strong light, dark blue sky, purple fog, some clouds and a dead tree.

Maggirus

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that Luigi's Mansion is an unlockable stage if Luigi is once again a hidden character. If he is actually a starter though, this stage will also be a starting stage too. Can't wait to see.

The picture causing people to talk has me to believe that the eerie purple background, the supposed looking "mansion" in the down right corner with the ominous tree and the moon in the center of the picture...it all points to Luigi's Mansion. It doesn't seem to be Smashville because no matter how dark it gets in Smashville, there are always warm lights for spectators in the background to watch the brawl at that hour. There aren't other stages that seem to have this eerie dark too so its only one possibility. Its not surprising Luigi's Mansion is in Brawl. We all saw it coming since the release of Melee that Luigi needs a stage to call his own.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's Mansion hasn't purple fog.

OK, they coud remake it, but in the games where Luigi's Mansion appeared as stage, the stage is looking the same.

That let me doubt it's Luigi's Mansion.

Maggirus

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand what your trying to say Maggirus. Please restate your argument.

In my opinion, the only reason why it has purple "fog" is that Squirtle is using its attack. If Squirtle wasn't using its attack, there would be no blurry mist effects in the background of the pictures.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, the only reason why it has purple "fog" is that Squirtle is using its attack. If Squirtle wasn't using its attack, there would be no blurry mist effects in the background of the pictures.

I don't understand what your trying to say Maggirus. Please restate your argument.
I said Luigi's Mansion hasn't purple fog.

Maggirus

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
They most likley relised the purpleish feeling has more effect then the pitch black...

But does it matter? It's freaking fog. Like that changes anything... They could just change the stage a little.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
That's not fog. It looks more like clouds or a possible mist. Well, anyway, I see it being a gimmick used on the Luigi's Mansion stage. I don't see a castle, I see a manor and it looks pretty Halloween-esque.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
There was no house or anything just a dead tree and moon, I paused and played it every second... It could be somewhere in the Subspace for adventure Mode...

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
It seems like fog.

Yes, you're right, there is nothing more than a dead tree, a strong light and the background.

I don't think it's from SSE.
Look at the video how it is structured:

1) Some fightscenes
2) Pokéballs / Assist trophies
3) Sticker and trophy mode
4) SSE scenes
5) Characters using their taunts. All taunts are shown on confirmed stages until then (without Norfair, The Summit and this stage)

This scene is in number 5.

Maggirus

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
You guys are pausing too late. The best pic of the house was on Brawlcentral.com but they don't do archives so good luck trying to find the house now. How about IGN. There should be a pic of it there in the Smash It Up section.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
You guys are pausing too late. The best pic of the house was on Brawlcentral.com but they don't do archives so good luck trying to find the house now. How about IGN. There should be a pic of it there in the Smash It Up section.
I think they took one of my picures, but I will search it with archive.org.

I have it soon.

EDIT: archive.org has only the site two times. Both in july. So I can't take pictures. Now, I search alle the pictures I took.
(I'm sure there isn't a castle)

Maggirus

hamster_dragon

Smash Rookie
The only new idea i can come up with is nebula from excite truck, since that has purple fog and dead trees. I cant see there being an excite truck stage though, so im going with it being a luigi's mansion stage.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
it's most likely Luigi's Mansion becuase Ashley has nothing to do with SSBB at the moment! Plus it's obvious Luigi is in he is the main people of the game! He's been there since day 1!

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
WarioWare could have two stages (isn't that big problem, most franchises had two or more stages in Melee).

The background of Luigi's Mansion is different.
The one of Ashley's castle seems to fit more. And it doesn't mean Ashley is playable. I think she could be a stage element to make the stage "better".

We can't even say this is a castle. We only see a dead tree, purple fog, dark blue sky and a light.
=> It could be everything

Well, I think I'll change the thread name.

Maggirus

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I want it to be a simple stage with stage gimmicks like Boos coming out of nowhere and doing something to the players. We haven't really seen Boos in the SSB franchise really, oddly enough, so I think they are going to make some kind of appearance in Brawl.

Saith

Smash Apprentice
I want it to be a simple stage with stage gimmicks like Boos coming out of nowhere and doing something to the players. We haven't really seen Boos in the SSB franchise really, oddly enough, so I think they are going to make some kind of appearance in Brawl.
yeah you do got a good point. that is what I like. no I like flat stages with no obstacles or nothing ya

rykall

Smash Cadet
Well, I looked at it... And it looks like Ashley's Castle. And personnaly, I don't think Ashley's Theme will be played at the WarioWare stage. IMO it's more likely that there will be some random quick music.

Ashley for BRAWL!

MXIIA

Smash Rookie
Couldn't it be a Night Version of The Summit?
After all The Summit may change at night just like Smashville....

But then again The Summit has no trees...

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It is most likely Luigi's Mansion.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't it be a Night Version of The Summit?
After all The Summit may change at night just like Smashville....

But then again The Summit has no trees...

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It is most likely Luigi's Mansion.
The Summit seems to have no trees. That's all. I think the stage will leak soon. Can't wait to see which stage this actually is.

That's sad. IT'S NOT LUIGI'S MANSION.
Why not?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Maybe one "prophet" said that.
(I don't believe believe them, there are so many fakes and it's difficult to recognize the real one)

So it still could be Luigi's Mansion.

Maggirus

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm pushing for Ashley's Castle. Her song would fit nicely there, not so much on the current WarioWare stage.

Noa.

Smash Master
Luigi deserves his own stage, beacuse he has been in SSB since the first game. The most logical stage choice for him is Luigi's Mansion.
But Ashley's song does not fit with the quirky spontaneous feel of the Warioware stage. The song works perfectly with Ashley's Mansion though. This may or may not mean she is in.
It wont help to have both stages, beacuase they are so similar. Unless they start to make clone stages.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Luigi deserves his own stage, beacuse he has been in SSB since the first game. The most logical stage choice for him is Luigi's Mansion.
But Ashley's song does not fit with the quirky spontaneous feel of the Warioware stage. The song works perfectly with Ashley's Mansion though. This may or may not mean she is in.
It wont help to have both stages, beacuase they are so similar. Unless they start to make clone stages.
noooooooooooo, they must not

D

Deleted member

I think it's 100% Luigi's Mansion. Like; think about it. Mario got Delfino Plaza. Luigi could get the mansion. Luigi's down B can be a vaccuum too.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
This is interesting. I, for one, would like to see a "creepy" stage for a change. I always liked when I got to journey through haunted/gloomy places like Luigi's Mansion and The Well (from Zelda: Ocarina of Time). A haunted stage like this would be great for Brawl. Plus, I like the color scheme. :)

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you could make one outdoor stage and a stage inside the castle. It would solve the problems.

Luigi need one stage (better stage than the Melee one). It's most likely a stage from his game.
The WarioWare-stage is representing the game mechanics. It isn't representing the characters/Diamond City and the variety sites of the places. A Diamond City stage seems likely to me. Showing different places of the city. The perfect second stage for WarioWare (seems like all franchises will get two stages)

I don't know whether this has been posted already or not, but it could be a section of the Subspace Emissary...
Not saying it definitly is...and the concept of a Luigi's Mansion/Ashley's Castle stage is a good one, but there have been what...1 and a half seconds of footage?
Yes, this has been suggested. It could be a section of somewhere in the SSE, but the scene with this stage is shown where charactes are taunting / using an attack at playable stages.

I think it was about one second.
___

We shouldn't focus on this two stages. There are hundreds of places this stage could be.

I'm concentrating at the purple fog and I've an idea that this stage could be the place around the Vim Factory in Mario&Luigi DS. I remember it while playing, but one friend borrowed the game from me and I don't see him regullary. There aren't any pictures of this place .
(I think of the forest around the Vim Factory. The place where the trees were sucking the energy of the Toads)

Maggirus

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Luigi needs his own stage. At the time Melee came out, Luigi's mansion was just released too! Not enough time for players or developers to be come familiar with it. It was just a year before Mario sunshine.

Now in brawl, Mario Sunshine is getting recognized with Delfino Plaza. Perhaps, Luigi will get his mansion this time around

Top Bottom