• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar confirmed! (Discovery - Fall Conference Video)

finalark

SNORLAX
Luigi's Mansion, I would like to say but Ashley's theme is really starting to change my mind.

I still would rather it be Luigi's Mansion.

D

Deleted member

I think it is definately Luigi's mansion because:

1) We all know Luigi is gonna return.

2) Luigi needs his own stage.

3) We have Delfino Plaza from SM: Sunshine. It's prety obvioys to me that we'd get a stage from Luigi's Mansion.

That's just what I think though.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Haven't read the whole thread but I agree it looks like it's probably Luigi's mansion.

However the trees are exactly the same as the trees in the ghost stage of Super Mario Galaxy. Just mentioning that.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
JAJA, Excelent Find, I do really think that is a different stage, mainly because as someone stated, in the smae video was shown the summit and norfair, althought everyone saw norfair in the e for all demo, with the summith, they weren't confirmed at the time this video shown

It IS a stage we haven't seen yet.
Imagine someone pointed out that aurora Borealis before we knew of Ice Climber's stage.
This could be a situation like that.
Curiosly enough, if you click a link posted by the creator of this topic in the first page, you could see that he actually saw the aurora before the confirmation of IC stage, ,and made a topic of it... XD

so yeah, you are a good finder... maybe you will find waldo in some pic of smash...

also i believe that is luigis mansion, a bowser castle stage doesn't have trees, or at least not in a omnipresent way as luigi mansion does, and i really think that the mainly modification to luigi moveset will be Poltergust 3000 (althought i would really have preferred F.L.U.D.D. and Poltergust as items.... oh well...)

about wario stage, i do think that ashley theme will be in that stage, and i hope also will be Mona's Pizza, Mic's song, Dribble and Spitz's Tomorrow Hill, The song of Kat & Ana from the First Wario Ware, and all the songs with lyrics of wario ware (and I really pciture them cycling in that stage)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It's just as notable, though, that the Ghost-motif levels in SMG were lifted from the ambience created for Luigi's Mansion.
Yeah your right. Like I said in my earlier post I agree it is probably a Luigi Mansion themed stage.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Well, I thought about something.

In this vid, there were three (this one included), who aren't shown on the Dojo before.

The Summit: Ice Climbers were using their taunt (dancing).
Ice Climbers - Ice

Norfair: Charizard using his B-Move.
Charizard - Fire/lava

This one: Squirtle using /B\
Squirtle - Water / haunted stage(?)

Maybe this is a pattern.
Well, who knows?

I made a topic on Gamefaqs, but it seems to be, it has been deleted.

There were some suggestions, which stage this could be:
*Luigi's Mansion
*Ashley's castle
*Osohe castle (something like that) - Mother 3
*Path to Temple (TP)
*Vim Factory - Mario&Luigi Partners at time
*Castlevania stage

I forgot the rest.

Maggirus

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
There are three things disproving this:

1) The dead tree isn't similar.
Really it isn't. You can compare it, if you want to.

2) The sky never turn on this color. You can watch every Battlefield vid, there actually isn't never a similar color of the sky.
(fog + blue sky)

3) The style is different.

Well, Luigi's Mansion was in more games like Mario Kart and Mario Tennis.
There's a thing that let me doubt, it's Luigi's Mansion.

The sky is always blue and you see a really big full moon. There's no/low fog.

Of course, there isn't any problem turning this stage so, but I don't know. It's a little bit weird.

Maggirus

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yep thats a dead tree alright......I definitly think it's luigi's mansion. Luigi's mansion was the only game that luigi was the absolute star of, so it's only fitting that his brawl stage would be based on luigi's mansion.

T-major

Smash Champion
thats cool! never noticed that before. :D

a Luigi's Mansion stage would be awesome; like Sabrewulf said, Luigi's Mansion is the only game in which Luigi is the True star. so, despite the irony (Luigi is a coward, but his main stage is a haunted mansion?) it would be the best stage they could give him... I just PRAY that they don't give him that Vacuum...

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Then..... which stage is this?

Let's sum the facts:
*You can see dead trees. They are higher than sonething else
*There is a strong light and a few stars
*The sky is purple

You can only one tree on the picture....

Has someone other ideas?
It could be another haunted mainson or cemetery.....

Maggirus
Not to mention, I also think Sakurai cut out most of the stage on purpose, since it could have been secret.

CodeBlack said:
Someone on another thread made a very valid point that the stage might actually be Battlefield with a dark background (and a moon), which is very likely to be a background anyway.

Look here:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stage..._070522d-l.jpg

Note that there is a broken tree and some coarse vines in the background, which, when looked at with a certain angle...

I leave the rest to you.
There's no dead tree, it's just a tree... Which DOES have leaves on it.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
The "Moon" Could be a Star Cluster. The Plant is a plant in Super Mario Galaxy.

It could be a Super Mario Galaxy Stage.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't it be that this is one of the mini-games from the Wario Ware level? It would explain the similarity of Ashley's Castle.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CmP2cDOhPy4
on 1:02 you can see what i think is Peachs castle at night or the ghost level in sm64 but its just a guess
Yes, it's the ghost level from SM64.
It's a godd idea, it could be also the ghost galaxy from SMG.

Couldn't it be that this is one of the mini-games from the Wario Ware level? It would explain the similarity of Ashley's Castle.
It could be, but the style didn't fit. It isn't cartoonish.

Maggirus

gangstajuice05

Smash Cadet
im sure its luigi's mansion because ashley is defenitly not going to be in brawl plus luigi should be coming back with a stage.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Ashley could be an element of the stage. A background character casting spells or doing something like that.
WarioWare could get a second stage. It seems so, every series get about two stages.
Yoshi series had three stages in Melee.

There shouldn't be a big problem, WarioWare having two. And I love the idea of a visualing Diamond City stage.
_

Of course Luigi should get his own stage. Luigi's Mansion is the best stage for him.

But I don't know. In every game Luigi's Mansion was. It looks the same (the sky) like in the original game.
The sky looks different.

Of course it could be another stage. But it's hard to think of a stage with this sky....

Maggirus

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, I think it'd be highly unlikely that they'd give Ashley from WarioWare her own stage...

It's Luigi's Mansion, no doubt about that. Luigi really deserves his own stage this time around, anyway...

...I mean, besides Mushroom Kingdom II...

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
just a few thigs

1. Luigi's Mansion is highly likely, as is Luigi coming back for Brawl (he is not yet confirmed)
2. There is a piece of music called "Ashley's Theme". It could be Ashleys House
3. It could just be a part of Lylat Cruise. I mean, when squirtle uses surf, he gets pushed higher, so why couldnt it just be a background in Lylat Cruise?

Think about it.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
On #3: There is a tree. Lylat Cruise takes place in the sky and in space. There are no trees in the sky or in space.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
well, it looks like a tree, but not everything in brawl is what it seems...

o_O

so it might not be a tree, it looked like pikachus thundershock thing to me
It's 99% a tree....

I really don't know how to find out which stage this is. We don't have enough clues for finding this out.
=> We need to wait until release / until this stage is confirmed on the Dojo.

It would be so helpful, seeing a platform, or something more special in the background. But I can't find anything neccesary.
___

I search new hopes in the linking picture from this scene to the scene with Charizard. I tried it, but there wasn't nothing new. There was a big light same like the one in the scene, but it was because of Shiggy's UpB.

Made two new pictures:

The strong light I mentioned before.

You can see really much of the background and that's proof, that the purple fog isn't based on Shiggy's /B\.

Let's sum the things we know about this stage:
* There is a brown - black dead tree on the stage
* There is purple fog and a dark blue sky on the background of the stage.
* There is a stong light, most likely a full moon.
* There are small lights (in the dark blue sky)

____

I noticed something on the linking picture between the Ivysaur and Shiggy scene.

I thought that was the town hall (it's the town hall).
But there is something over it.

Maggirus

Top Bottom