• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spamming?

Kicknchickn

Smash Rookie
Is it bad to spam when your playing Zelda? Because whenever I play someone online they get really pissed. Because whenever there not close enough for me to attack then i dins fire them. I really don't care enough to rebut their argument with logic I've just scene a pattern in people getting really, really annoyed with me. The way I see it is as long as its a valid strategy and I'm not getting punished for it I'm going to use it. Thoughts? Does this ever happen to you?

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
They're stupid. Instead of complaining...why not find a way to solve the problem? *COUHG*SHIELD/AIRDODGEDUH*COUGH*

leogeo2

Smash Cadet
Dins Fire spam to me seems essential. It's a free hit if they can't dodge it properly. There is no disadvantage to using it.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's an natural law of gaming that anything is fair until a rule bans it.
Therefore spamming is fair.
It's actually not that useful if your opponent has played Zelda very much.

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
As a friend said: "It's not called spamming. In brawl it's called mind games."

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
It's annoying a first but you get used to it as time goes on. In fact when me & my friends to FFAs I sometimes rely on my buddy to spam din's fire on everyone. Thats pretty much free damage on them that I didn't have to do & if I'm Lucas well u know the rest. I just wish he didn't switch to Sheik afterwards...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Din is a very easy projectile to dodge, in my opinion.

Just a few minutes ago, I was playing against some little **** and all he did was the SAME move over and over. That's fine, I could kick his *** easy, but the GOD **** CPUs kept stopping me from f-airing him all the time, and they were too stupid to get out of the way, and he ended up stealing all my kills. Bahhh then FINALLY when it was one on one, lag-fest 2008 broke out. I kicked his *** none the less, waiting for at-least a 6-point difference and then quit. I know, I know, I should have just been the better person and left, but GOD DAMMIT I just wanted that little **** to get punished.

/rant.

Sorry, the moral of my long-winded story is that spamming is not fun. Sure, you can do it, but what's the point in being a lazy spammer. There's no fun there.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
^I agree. Spamming is not fun. That's probably why I play Zelda so agressively. Yes, I am one of those who jump off the stage when I knock someone off and attempt to Dair them. And yes, I do get gimped or accidentally SD because I screw up my recovery (rarely happens).

I only spam Din's Fire during Sudden Deaths or when my opponent is trying to run away from me.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I try not to use any move more than 3 times in a row.

I think 3 is a safe number for a spam limit. 4 is pushing it. 5 is just spam.

MASword

Smash Rookie
I used to spam the hell out of it. My friends told me "Spam it more please". So I did. >.>

Then they learned to dodge it. That was a sad day.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
there is a way to dodge it by just looking at zelda and not even knowing were the flames is but i wont say:)

Arean

Smash Ace
Spamming... this will get old and it annoys me because it is degrading Zelda's reputation as as awesome character. If you use Zelda to only spam dins fire then you are in need for some more training. Be creative at least and never put Zelda down

Arean

Smash Ace
Goodness not you too T___T

First of all, spamming it reduces the kill power. I suggest using this as a finisher or a means of approach, I dont spam this because it will kill her reputation. Use it sparingly because its a powerful move, we know that we dont want to make her look cheap now do we?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well I dont spam Din's Fire like every 5 seconds ir thats what you consider spam >__>.
I mainly use it when opponents are at the very top of the stage since Din's normally sends them at an upward angle making it easier to KO then say using it while their at the bottom of the stage.
Normally when opponents are in an horizontal range from Zelda and off the stage I'll run and try to Dair them. I'm a little aggressive.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I try not to spam Din's Fire too much but sometimes I cant help myself.
Same here. Before when I started using Zelda, I didn't use Dins' too much, but now I have. Zelda can't approach very well; the best thing to do is make them come to you. I do that everytime now and I feel like I'm too reliant on Dins'.

Lol, sometimes when I fight GaW, Lucas, or Ness I tell myself: "Oh no I can't use Dins'!"

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Why should you stop because someone is whining. If they have an attitude like that then they need to grow up a little.

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
It's ironic because the farther away they are, the more I want to use the move due to increased hitbox and damage.

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
sure, you not wanting to spam dins fire isn't going to stop a metaknight from spamming tornado on you. Use whatever you like if you need to win really - though I don't find Din's all that useful for this kind of thing.

Nintendude064

Smash Rookie
I love spamming Din's Fire. Especially on those who don't seem to understand the concept of dodging. Sadly, I tend to get the same sort of response from them as you...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry for invading your forums ^_^b, but I don't find it much of a problem. It's not hard to dodge. You shouldn't have to rely on it, b/c a bunch of other projectile spammers can outcamp Zelda efficiently.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Din's fire only exploits the weaknesses fo players who flat out suck at defending in the first place, if din's fire isnt hurting you more than it's helping then the player sucked anyway.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
sure, you not wanting to spam dins fire isn't going to stop a metaknight from spamming tornado on you. Use whatever you like if you need to win really - though I don't find Din's all that useful for this kind of thing.
in melee it wasn't either its just more useful for that in brawl lol. in FFA dins fire is like the best spammed move but in 1v1 its crap for spam i mean anyone who can think can avoid it with ease lol. since i mostly play in FFA w/ Zelda i spam it more their but when its 1v1 i only use it to pester people who can't shoot or to mess with their recovery.

Top Bottom