• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spamming good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I love spamming the arrows and connecting every-single-last-one-of-them. It shows that I can read them like an open book. Let me show you.

The next time you play on FD or some place like it, start out by shooting them with an arrow. Then shoot another. If both hit, they, for some reason, ALWAYS try to jump the third arrow. I don't know why, but everyone I have ever played against will try to jump the third one. Then, hit them in the air after curving the 3rd one up and from there it gets blurry. Either they will go back to the beginning and do routine A, they will start rolling toward you , then you just punish them when they roll too close, or they just tank the arrows and come at you (which is the one I hate the most) in which case I shoot them until they are too close then either shield grab, glide away, roll away, etc. to get back to the other side.

Spamming, at least in my part, takes a bit of skill and requires reading your opponent, not just flailing around on the B button.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
People who claim spamming is bad are the same people who were first ones out at dodgeball as kids. Seriously they need to stop crying.

Genghis Krahn

Smash Cadet
Yesterday I was playing as Pit and I encountered this. I was playing against a couple friends; one of them using Sonic. He was running around, most likely waiting for the Smash Ball to appear, so I shot a few arrows at him.

After the fourth arrow or so, he says, "What's with the arrows?!", as if I'm being unfair. If someone's going to distance themselves from me, I'll attack with a long range attack.

"Spamming" is a predictable, and a usually avoidable technique. It's part of playing offensively. If my opponent wants to sit back at try to block all my projectiles, rather than come and hit me, then they might as well just walk off the side of the stage.

kown

Smash Lord
i cant believe this thread is so popular. Everyone is saying the same thing over and over again spamming is good.

THE END.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
People who claim spamming is bad are the same people who were first ones out at dodgeball as kids. Seriously they need to stop crying.
Lol I was one of the first ppl out in dodgeball when i was a kid. That's also because I was really aggressive and didn't stay on the back wall XD

Anyways my contribution to this thread. If someone spams, let them. Spamming alone wont ever win a tournament. If one focuses on spamming, then they wont improve nearly as fast. One must work on other parts of the game to progress and advance as a player. Certain situations call for spamming, some matchups even, but theres still so much more Pit has to do to get around and kill the opponent. Spamming doesn't work at every point in a match, but can provide a great advantage at other points.

Point is, spamming can be used to win at high level play, but it never is the base of a high end players strategy.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Let the 3rd degree burns begin!

The reason for this thread is because i had a match with kown and he spammed, he insisted it was a good thing and asked me to make a thread now you idiots got me mad.

Oooooppppssss, my bad.

I meant Good day and Happy getting mad at other ppl.

Lol JK, I don't really mean that but Plz dont get mad at ppl that are trying to help, if you didn't want help then dont ask
Im not getting mad at others im stating my opinion because you sound retarted, and noone asked you to put your two senses in the matter.

i feel as if ive stated my opinion on this topic numerous times. Sir Lucario heres another tip that i ll give you. this is prolly extreme but ive said it b4: if spamming will win you games and you dont spam than you really dont wanna win. take it how you want but i believe thats essentially right.
You dont understand how is spamming a winning technique? All you did was shoot arrows and dodge back up and shoot. That doesnt win matches.

Definition from dictionary.com
Complaint
1. an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.

By calling it gay, you are finding fault in it, therefore you are complaining. Unless gay isn't a bad term to you, in which case you're praising it, and there shouldn't be a problem.

If he choses to use only his head when blocking the goal, he has every right within the game to do so. You can tell him it's a bad tactic, but if he continues to do it anyway, let him. If it's upsetting to you to face him when he does that, you don't have to play the game with him.

It's true though. The very purpose of a game is to have fun. If the game allows someone to do something they think is fun, why stop them? Now if they are doing something that does affect the fun for others, it's not their fault they can do it, it's the games fault for not including better rules or boundaries. I.E. a MMORPG not including a mute option for spammers is the games fault.

EDIT: My last point. In a game world there is no right or wrong. There is only what you can or can't do, and effective or ineffective. A game is a world created with restrictions, where players compete towards an objective. That is the definition of a game.
By calling it gay yea i find a fault. The beginning of the thread is a question, no complains for asking a question a stated my opinion now your panties are all in a bunch. Dude you need to shut up, noone cares wdf the definition of a game is go finish create your book of air W/e. You dont even understand the meaning of spamming im trying to tell you. Your clouded for your definition. Im saying avoiding all attacks only using one button. So STFU!

Sir Lucario: Stop being a scrub. If this guy's spamming is truly as one-dimensional as you say, then it can't be that hard to beat the living crap out of him. Personally, I doubt he'd continue doing it if he didn't have some amount of success with it, so either he's got a more refined strategy than you describe, or you're just not any good at the game.
Doctor your my favorite today. spamming is one dimensional and idiots like you contine to do things without much reward. There isnt a freaking strategy with spamming you roll you dodge you press b thats it. And i will bet any amount of money that your trash at brawl and i can 5 stock you. Scrub.

Sir Lucario, if I fire a machine gun, am I gay because I'm spamming? Exactly.

And I only said "you" in that quote because I didn't want to change the "you"s to "one"s and sound like a total smart-***.
Wdf are you talking about ryazan shut the hell up. where did you get machine gun from, You dont spam a freaking machine gun. Your analogy is retarted, thats right there i bet you felt pretty smart dumbie.....

How is it unfair? Both players can do it, and it isn't a dominating strategy.
Not all players have projectiles Rhy stick to your books and STFU people like C.F need close distance fighting so it is unfair to people.

lmao i love the analogy

yea i feel the same way

greatest point in this thread. maybe a little mean tho.
Kown stop sucking ryazan's nuts your just as bad as he is you spamming frenzy.

Not mean. Honest. I don't have anything against the guy personally. I just think that generally the only way to overcome scrubbiness is the hard way-- john until people start to hate you for it, and eventually you realize you're never going to get anywhere in the community by complaining about what everyone else does instead of working to overcome your own faults. It's how I did it, how everyone I know has done it, and honestly, I think this process is really healthy for anybody looking to become involved in competitive play.

I don't have a video but I've killed MK's off the top a couple times. It always gets that same reaction, though-- "YOU KILLED ME WITH ARROWS!" :laugh:
Scubbiness did you come up with that yourself or you just been playing W.O.W. too much?
I didnt complain for the last freaking time, Your letting kown make you feel better about being a complete *** in a game. I seen your vids... Trash!!!! Go back to scratch learn how to play please. Also would like a cookie? Killing with arrows isnt a big thing your not good..

Thanks, but I don't generally have a lot to contribute since I lack videos and most of what I would describe as my Pit "style" is covered by other people already. :p
Because your an average spamy pit who sucks join ryazan back at scratch maybe you too can help each other know the difference between utilt and usmash.

I love spamming the arrows and connecting every-single-last-one-of-them. It shows that I can read them like an open book. Let me show you.

The next time you play on FD or some place like it, start out by shooting them with an arrow. Then shoot another. If both hit, they, for some reason, ALWAYS try to jump the third arrow. I don't know why, but everyone I have ever played against will try to jump the third one. Then, hit them in the air after curving the 3rd one up and from there it gets blurry. Either they will go back to the beginning and do routine A, they will start rolling toward you , then you just punish them when they roll too close, or they just tank the arrows and come at you (which is the one I hate the most) in which case I shoot them until they are too close then either shield grab, glide away, roll away, etc. to get back to the other side.

Spamming, at least in my part, takes a bit of skill and requires reading your opponent, not just flailing around on the B button.
Your define of spamming is not mines. You shoot projectiles and try to connect with attacks, Im saying standing in one spot shooting projectiles than dodging rolling and continue basically nothing esle.

Well of course spamming EFFECTIVELY takes skill. That's part of why it's a legitimate tactic.
The "spamming" part that takes skills isnt what im talking about, sure shoot an arrow intelligently its not spamming. STFU.

Your name is UndrDog, you were probably the one picked last over the kid with the eating disorder and other kid with cleft lip. You really cant talk, you were crying over a few kirbys beating you down. Stick the AT's For samus, since thats all you've ever done.

Well now that we know what side Undr is on this debate is over.
Ryazan how good are Undr's nuts you seem to enjoy them very much. Hop off of his balls Undr isnt a freaking god. Hes a person on a board who has a video camera so hes considered good, get a life ryazan and balls of your own. :mad:

Yesterday I was playing as Pit and I encountered this. I was playing against a couple friends; one of them using Sonic. He was running around, most likely waiting for the Smash Ball to appear, so I shot a few arrows at him.

After the fourth arrow or so, he says, "What's with the arrows?!", as if I'm being unfair. If someone's going to distance themselves from me, I'll attack with a long range attack.

"Spamming" is a predictable, and a usually avoidable technique. It's part of playing offensively. If my opponent wants to sit back at try to block all my projectiles, rather than come and hit me, then they might as well just walk off the side of the stage.
Dude 4 arrows isnt spamming this post wasnt necessary.

Four arrows are unfair? And I thought Sonic mainers were idiots before...
Wow come to think of it, i thought you was an idiot before... Now i know for fact.

i cant believe this thread is so popular. Everyone is saying the same thing over and over again spamming is good.

Cant handle a competition with Kown's threads? Stfu this was all for y

THE END.
Cant handle a competition with Kown's threads? Stfu this was all for you kown, i hope your happy, Also i hear you got pissed when sage spammed you? Funny hahaha noob :laugh:

Well there you have. My thoughts/Opinions of my fellow pit furom People. MOst of you are idiots who come up with retarted techniques that will never be used. TBH you post your half a sense every chance you get without thinking about making yourself seem dumber and dumber to actually intelligent people. Tbh your just ball suckers. Except Adm P, Kupo, Sage,
and others i dont really talk to like ryanarius and corrupted. People i see post, your so dumb!!! To the point thats its annoying. Spamming is a good thing ? Come on i wasnt even talking about what you guys were talking about. Yet you jumped out so dumb like you half all the answers, Ive seen videos most of you cant even play pit good, Thats why hes not ranking good in tourneys because people beat the **** outta spammers like you guys. You Suck!!! :urg:

I done, this is most likely my final Post on Pit furoms. Good day to you noobs and stop licking Undr's nuts. Im out :mad:

kown

Smash Lord
nice another mature kid in the pit forums.

EDIT: you act as if your good. lmao your garbage. you try your heart out online when you think your good but in reality you get away with so much like rolling. you do it the most out of all pit players.

DiosDePyro

Smash Cadet
The way I see it, why should I have to go chasing after my opponent and probably fall into a trap of his when I have a long range weapon at my disposal? Should I just stand there instead while I wait for them to leave an opening in their movement?

There are good spammers and there are bad spammers. Good spammers hit with their arrows, bad ones just hope they do. So in actuality, the bad spammers are nothing to worry about while the good ones acually have strategy backing them up.

I love using arrows. They disrupt attacks, prevent people from recovering, and in many cases they provide the final umph to push someone across the KO boundary. Especially with a weapon as swift as Pit's, if they're consistently hitting with their arrows then they must have at least SOME skill, when compared to something like Snake's side b or LucasNess's pk thunder that's incredibly easy to aim.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
^_^

Sigh, I'll just respond to your comment about the Kirbys... If you read the thread at all you'd notice it was a joke to get people's attention. I also mentioned that I was never beaten by a Kirby.

You seriously need to calm down. First of all, I'm assuming these matches were on Wifi? If they were then what are you complaining about? It's Wifi! There's no aspect of skill even involved.

Anyway on the subject of Spamming you need to understand something about fighting competitively. You use what is at your disposal to win. Spamming isn't illegal in competitive play because any competitive fighter worth his/her salt easily gets around spamming. On Wifi it might be next to impossible. And if you think spamming is cheap and then I'd love to see you go against a character with an infinite. You'd be crying even louder then this I'm sure. Oh and infinites aren't banned either because again, anybody worth their salt isn't done in by it.

Is fighting a spammer fun? Of course not. But if you're playing to win then the only fun to be had is through winning.

Finally I'll say this only because I had some respect for you. You joined two months ago? Have you even been in the competitive scene before? Not that it actually matters in the least, but I've been on the tournament scene for five years now and I really don't need to take any crap from a n00b (yes n00b) who is trying to be little what accomplishments I had made. Especially when said n00b was one of the people I was trying to personally help in bringing new aspects of Pit's game to light.

Anyway I'm alerting a Mod so that you actually understand that I take HUGE exception to vulgar insults and comments. They have no place in an intelligent setting, and I hope you'll be thoroughly warned.

EDIT: Oh and my name has a rather deep meaning in actuality. lol

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I love long post that don't have that good of grammEr, or when a person who starts a thread goes and contradicts themselves.

Oh well, Nice knowing you Sir Lucario, I hope you had a good time until you stupidly posted this. Good day, and have fun.

EDIT: Also If you were over 8 years old you would find you would undrstand so much more, especially some of the things you failed at countering.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Doctor your my favorite today. spamming is one dimensional and idiots like you contine to do things without much reward. There isnt a freaking strategy with spamming you roll you dodge you press b thats it. And i will bet any amount of money that your trash at brawl and i can 5 stock you. Scrub.
Rich. Truly. Come to a tournament. I'll be traveling around the Midwest mostly, but maybe I'll see you at FAST and take you up on that bet?

Scubbiness did you come up with that yourself or you just been playing W.O.W. too much?
Read Sirlin. If you can't handle that, you have no place in a community like this. Go back to WiFi, hopefully you'll be content with your delusions there.

I didnt complain for the last freaking time, Your letting kown make you feel better about being a complete *** in a game.
Calling things "gay" and moaning about what's "irritating" is complaining, you dolt. Not only that, it's also a petty and childish example one would usually refer to as "whining" or "johns."

Telling people how they should and should not play according to your own standards of what's "gay" and what isn't is basically the definition of a scrub. Stop pretending it's anything else.

I seen your vids... Trash!!!! Go back to scratch learn how to play please. Also would like a cookie? Killing with arrows isnt a big thing your not good..
What vid did you watch? Honestly, the only vid of me playing Brawl you'll find is me vs. Skeet Shady (Andy) about a month ago at my very first Brawl tournament, which he only posted because he beat me real bad. I've had much better matches, especially in the past couple weeks, but I don't record them because I just don't care enough about pleasing jerks like you. Having people insult me due to this lack of vids is part of the reason I avoided posting here. Lots of morons hang around in character forums. :ohwell:

Maybe you'll see more vids later. For now, I'd prefer to money-match you whenever possible. I'd rather prove you wrong in a way that makes me money rather than requiring me to get other people to edit vids for me.

Because your an average spamy pit who sucks join ryazan back at scratch maybe you too can help each other know the difference between utilt and usmash.
Who the **** do you think you are? Honestly. Do you actually play in the tourney scene or do you just scrub it up on WiFi? I've never heard of you. Ask around the Midwest if you ever get the chance-- plenty of people will have heard of me seeing as I'm easily one the highest placing Pits around Ohio and Michigan so far. I play and travel regularly with Overswarm and his crew. Believe me when I tell you-- I don't suck at this game. Or not, then maybe I can screw you out of some cash while you learn the hard way like I mentioned above.

I done, this is most likely my final Post on Pit furoms. Good day to you noobs and stop licking Undr's nuts. Im out :mad:
You say that like anybody wanted people like you here in the first place. :laugh:

Corigames

Smash Hero
Uh... in my description I did say that all I do is stand in one spot and shoot arrows, then run away and do it again until they are at a kill percent. I just aim and make sure my spam is effective, not just annoying.

kown

Smash Lord
you guys lol stop posting hes a nobody and we shouldnt let it get to us. Im sure we r all smart enough to know that hes fake and we honestly dont believe one word he says so dont let it get to u. Dont let the pit forums be dictated by him cuz everyone on the pit forums agrees that hes a (you fill here).

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I'm sincerely sorry how this thread has turned out. I never meant for my comments to agitate you. I hope you can come to enjoy the game and the forum again.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Try to understand this from his point of view. He's been massively attacked from all sides and members, on an matter where he thinks he's right. Regardless of who's right or wrong, he has been unfairly overwhelmed.

It's like if I went to a crowd and said I believe in God, and then a hundred people gathered to tell me I'm wrong and why. I wouldn't be able to argue with everyone, and compose myself to gather my thoughts, whereas I'd have a hundred minds working against me to respond to my statements instantly.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I'm fine with having a civil debate with someone over any topic. But once I start getting insulted for my views, the gloves are off and I don't give a crap about the other person's feelings. Sensitivity goes two ways. If someone can't accept my views, I refuse to accept theirs. Sir Lucario obviously shares my sentiment. We can't do anything about it. He's gone, and that's the end of the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom