• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
HERB was fun. After getting UTTERLY DESTROYED by m2k in fox dittoes, game after game, I realized that the only way to significantly improve is to constantly play people significantly better than you. Playing people on your level will only take you so far...

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
best way to improve is to play people slightly better than you. its how you find out your mistakes the easiest without getting completely destroyed so you also get to find out what kind of works

CStick

Smash Lord
so yea, about Herb

wutdafux happun SoVA??

So many went, but so many didn't make the cut-off for the bracket...

how many SoVA peoplez went? And how many people entered the whole singles tourney overall?

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Malco/JWolf/JayRay: Did y'all go home after doubles?? We was looking for y'all.
Yeah man.
I'm a ****** for not telling you guys.
But I had no money for singles and I had to be back in time for my GF, but it turned out I could of stayed longer.
Im soooo Sorry! :[
I will make it up to ya ;]

rhan

Smash Hero
so yea, about Herb

wutdafux happun SoVA??

So many went, but so many didn't make the cut-off for the bracket...

how many SoVA peoplez went? And how many people entered the whole singles tourney overall?
We got ****** around somewhat in pools and brackets. Doubles wasn't bad for Shaeman and I. We did decent. Fought scrubs the first round then Chu and M2K the next. -_-

Pools was horrible for STARS at least. Crystal had a pool with Chu. Shaeman had JMan and Eggm in his. I had a pool with KP, Swiftbass, DR.PP, and Cyrain... A few other good guys from where they was from. I'm guessing GA. I heard Doug shared a pool with M2K.

Everyone there that was SoVA was:

Rhan
Crystalnite
KP
JWolf
Malco
Shaeman
Speed
PCat
Doug
Toasty (If he wants to still rep us)
JayRay

Yeah man.
I'm a ****** for not telling you guys.
But I had no money for singles and I had to be back in time for my GF, but it turned out I could of stayed longer.
Im soooo Sorry! :[
I will make it up to ya ;]
Naw it's all good. I was gonna see if y'all wanted to chill in our room if y'all didn't already have reserved one. Just to help y'all out a bit.

D0N

Smash Ace
HERB was fun. After getting UTTERLY DESTROYED by m2k in fox dittoes, game after game, I realized that the only way to significantly improve is to constantly play people significantly better than you. Playing people on your level will only take you so far...
To add a thought, In my experience I found playing people not on my level (far below/non competitive) makes me pick up bad habits. Nothing thats too hard to fix though.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
top 4 in my pool:
tope
lozr
everlasting yeahuz
sleepyk

got 9th in teams
ganon ****ed us on our cp(3rd match), shoulda had 7th
<3 peach vs falco in teams
so easy

edit: i got 5th in my pool btw

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
We easily could have had 7th in teams. I did not adapt to Ganon soon enough even though I knew how...running right into fairs and **** a couple times. -.-

Singles my pool wasn't too bad besides Chu...there was a good Falcon player too that I barely managed to beat. I made it to bracket and then was swiftly eliminated by Lambchops and Alukard. =o

SpeedYoshi said:
<3 peach vs falco in teams
so easy
Fox/Falco team counterpicked our Marth/Peach to FD...I was pleased.

EDIT: **** forgot about Dogysamich in my pool, too...2 stocked my Marth twice.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lol @ Rhan thinking you got "******" in pools. Most people did. Why? Because there were soooo many AMAZING players there.

Top 3 in mine were Scar, G-reg, and LOLmaster [Wendiesel on Youtube and the infamous BrawlLover on the boards].

And now I present: The toasty-toast John for what happened yesterday.

Long story short: in the last 3 weeks I've worked 80 hours and driven 600 miles EACH WEEK. If you include yesterday's trip straight from work [and the stresses that come with having a business and employees] to the tournament (still wearing my uniform right now, btw), I drove 950 Miles this past week.

I'm glad I went and entered because I love the game/scene and it was so amazing to see everyone and play Melee forever, but OHHHHHMY****INGGOD was it ever a poor choice to play in a tournament under those conditions XD!!! Felt like I was about to collapse; I got 2-0ed by everyone I played [didn't even play a couple toward the end because I was feeling like passing out].

But whatever, no Johns I guess...though it felt like I "climbed a mountain the day before" XD

Also: I got G-reg with an uncharged PK-Toasty IN tournament and ON VIDEO ^_^!!!

AlsoAlso: I went all Ness.

BTW: ommmmfg was I heartbroken to hear what happened to Dobee/Kadaj/Famous ;__;

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-...my phone was on silent ever since pools started on saturday. I may have missed your calls, Famous/Kadaj/Dobee :(!!!!

Ether

Smash Ace
Long story short: in the last 3 weeks I've worked 80 hours and driven 600 miles EACH WEEK. If you include yesterday's trip straight from work [and the stresses that come with having a business and employees] to the tournament (still wearing my uniform right now, btw), I drove 950 Miles this past week.

But whatever, no Johns I guess
I will accept those johns. :ohwell:

I thought you'd go Falco this tourney.

rhan

Smash Hero
Toasty: Lol yeah. There was a **** load of great players. I had a pool filled with Marth and Falco. My 2 most hated characters.... It's was all fun though. Gotta love the scene for real. I was passed out at the venue for at least an hour. xD

Shaden: Get our MM against Dr. Neo/LoZR up. ANd our Team Friendlies against G-reg and Scar. I'm going to try to get doubles grandfinals up by next weekend. The 2cd match of that is going to start some controversy though... TV eff ups.

rhan

Smash Hero
Nah they used the one under the desk. It was a good thing though. Everyone was cramped in the corner for doubles lol.

There was more space and more things to climb on.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I thought you'd go Falco this tourney.
I thought I would too but the way I was feeling, I was like "alright let me go with something I don't have to think about" so I went Ness since he comes so naturally to me now...but the heavy thought/adaptation/mindgames required to play Ness at that level were struggling to come out under said conditions...*sigh*

Also, I was going up against Scar and G-reg first two matches...they eat and sleep spacies matchups :(

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I thought I would too but the way I was feeling, I was like "alright let me go with something I don't have to think about" so I went Ness since he comes so naturally to me now...but the heavy thought/adaptation/mindgames required to play Ness at that level were struggling to come out under said conditions...*sigh*

Also, I was going up against Scar and G-reg first two matches...they eat and sleep spacies matchups :(
Lmfao. Me and rhan tore them up in doubles =)
Matches will go up soon. but yea we didnt do too shabby. i think they won 2 and we won 2 or 3 matches. either way they were like "you guys are really good". so i feel pretty accomplished. even though i couldnt take anyone in falco dittoes. i need tech skill. i feel like trash now.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I like how everyone listed the people who went to herb From Sova. EXCEPT the brawl people Lol.

Me frannie H4x Were reppping sova sat and sunday in brawl.

Famous

Smash Champion
I like how everyone listed the people who went to herb From Sova. EXCEPT the brawl people Lol.

Lol, ****** never called us back when we asked for a ride from the Holiday Inn...We were an hour away...

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
You realize i dont drive Lol. I askeed everyone there. I was like kadaj and famous need a ride, Frannie didnt wanna do, Cross diddnt i told greg and chu. No one wanted to drive all the way out there. Then drive all the way back.

Edit- I forgot to Call back my phone died and i was playing friendly and forgot to charge it.

rhan

Smash Hero

I figured since CStick asked who all went he only cared for the Melee players. My B. :(

Lol, ****** never called us back when we asked for a ride from the Holiday Inn...We were an hour away...
I could have pick y'all up on Saturday. My dad would have let me borrow the car.

Famous

Smash Champion
Wish I knew...We didn't expect to break down though....

It's fine though, it's over and there is always another tourney right around the corner...Just hope it's before school starts...Hope someone throws a big one right before school starts

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol. Maybe if u were part of SoVA we would have been more inclined to pick you up, Shame your not though huh? <3

Famous

Smash Champion
lol....****** think he's big now...Better hold that tongue before I give you to that gay a$$ looking Bill Clinton...Dude is 80 years old with a baby face...wtf. Got lips pinker than mine

But yeah, you've definitely improved...This boy is making me pull out two capes instead of one now...<3

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Hey hey i aint saying im big, Im just saying last tourney we went to you guys pretty much dissed us for nova Kidz Lol. Know where your from on the inside <3 Didnt even stay in the room you guys paid for, THough i dont think kadaj chipped in at apex. Besides u guys only hit me up when u need a ride lol. I wasnt invited to your lil fest on thursday till i met kadaj on aib :/

But i forgive you guys!
Sova!

CStick

Smash Lord
so yea, melee at my place or other place to be agreed upon for Thursday and Friday

and yea, sorry Gaia, but I don't really care for brawl, lol. As far as I'm concerned you guys are traitors to melee, and thus are dead to me as smashers :p :p :p :p

j/k...I love brawl, but only because I camp/spam Metaknight

and by love, I mean don't love

and by don't love, I mean hate

and by hate, I mean MELEE FOR LYFE SON

Top Bottom