• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
They lie too much. I don't believe in G4 because I don't have that channel. If I did then that'd be a different story. So, PK Thunder.

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Bucket

MaSHi got G&W countered. And I would like to say I called Holiday 07 from the start on Brawl. Wish I was down there guys, smash in Fredburg is moderately...nonexistant.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hey guys, this tourney that im planning is looking really good. We really need to know who can make it tho. Although I cant provide specific times yet, I can say that it will start after 12 pm, we will have warmup matches before the tourney commences, and we may have additional non-money matches after the tourney (fest? doubles tourney? grudge matches? money matches? its up to u guys and how much time we have)

Most importantly, we need input from u all as to who can bring setups (Tv+GCN/wii+smash+optional MC and VCR) and WHO CAN MAKE IT! We may arrange a -$5 entry fee for those who bring setups (well prolly need 4-5 total [do we need more?])

Check my thread on my sig to post/find out more

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
i think its kind of pathetic how we 14-15 yr olds have to make a tourney when other people dont anymore!! people with jobs!! people with time!! people whove been alive longer!!
DONT GIVE UP ON MELEE YET PEOPLE!!
people with jobs = NO TIME. younger people are on summer break now. it should be easy for you guys to set up tourneys.
no one gave up, you just need to understand that we all have lives.

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
people with jobs = NO TIME. younger people are on summer break now. it should be easy for you guys to set up tourneys.
no one gave up, you just need to understand that we all have lives.
lol owned.

...and yeah it's hard work running a tourney. Setting up a venue, getting a good date, its all the tip of the iceburg. So add that with work scedules and it gets pretty hectic. So if anything it should be us 14-15 yr olds running tourneys more often.

Alas the straw boy method gets us no where in message boards.
*teleports*
Man It's hard to type with the Wii!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
i dident mean to sound like a jerk or anything. its pretty time consuming running tourneys and trying to keep the community thriving. couple that with working keeping your girlfriend happy, working and trying to have a life outside of smash.....~.~:
PREACH!

but yeah, it shouldn't be up to anyone except those who actually have the time to organize one. You already seem to have the basics: time, location [wait, do you?, I forgot], ruleset...didn't look at the thread because I saw the date and knew I couldn't make it so I stopped there, but yeah, fees + payout...and then the next step: post that **** here! You're pretty much good to go, I don't think you need any more information. Just ask for setups if you need more and then promote through here...good luck.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
PREACH!

but yeah, it shouldn't be up to anyone except those who actually have the time to organize one. You already seem to have the basics: time, location [wait, do you?, I forgot], ruleset...didn't look at the thread because I saw the date and knew I couldn't make it so I stopped there, but yeah, fees + payout...and then the next step: post that **** here! You're pretty much good to go, I don't think you need any more information. Just ask for setups if you need more and then promote through here...good luck.

Ok ill post here more.
I talked to the manager og the venue and its likely that we will have to move the day to sunday (go to early church service ;). While its an unforeseen change, it may benefit by allowing more time for us (we would have the place to ouselves for a long time) and by [possibly] enabling toasty to come[?]

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
and as crystalnite has said, complications with this group coming at 4:00 on the 28th does not give us much time, so we ARE changing the date. They are calling tomorrow and telling us about The 29th being available or not

toasty

Smash Hero
This.

Also, Enver - nominated for top 5 Ness in U.S.
unfortunately, even if I was "top 10" or whatever, there are plenty of really good players out there who have a NASTY Ness, they're a) not known or b) they're known for other characters...like G-Reg apparently has a siiiick Ness, but obviously, we know he really only has one character!!!

I have a long way to go :'(

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Alas, I shall depart without you all for 10 days. The venue owner has not called me back, but I called him again and left a message. He will call back on Monday, so wait longer for availability updates. Most likely, it will be available and we will have the place to ourselves for a long time. I am just as impatient as you are though. If I have information, Shaeman will post. Farewell, my friends! I shall return. Fear not for I will endure. Your mutual comradery has served me well. Au revoir! Valete! Auf wiedersein [?]! Sayonara! Ciao! Adios! Good bye!

Nelo

Smash Apprentice
I think most of Richmond's planning on coming to that actually.
I think I'm out of town for that week though :( If not though, I'll be there Its only like 40 minutes away.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
how gay :p
just hope a lot of people come!
or u can actually invite people...
but either way, if people do come... there will DEFINITALLY be some more before summer ends

toasty

Smash Hero
POKE3RDSMASH!

Good **** to Kitsune for hosting...it was a lot of fun ^_^

Payout was as close to 60/30/10 as we could get it depending on the number of entrants per tourney

POKEMON! aka: J-WU RAAAAAAAAAAAAPES
(Round Robin)
1st - J-WU [UNDEFEATED!]
2nd - MaSHi [SHENANIGANS!]
3rd - ADO
due to forfeit shenanigans, B-Duck, Kitsune, and Lydell were all tied for 6th [or...4th? *shrugs*...don't matter, THEY LOST]

STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE! aka: WHERE THE **** IS MASHI?!?!?!
1st - O-NO
2nd - Riku
3rd - MaSHi
4th - BlackheartLee
5th - Commie [LESBIAN!]
5th - ADO

SMAAAAASH!!! aka: When the **** are we starting this??? And seriously, where the **** is MaSHi?!?!?!?
1st - O-NO
1st - BlackheartLee
3rd - MaSHi
4th - Kitsune
5th - ndn
5th - BLKG
7th - B-Duck
7th - J-WU
9th - toasty
9th - Commie
9th - Riku
9th - Unrealperson
13th - John
13th - TJ [SORRY about the brackets :(!!!]
13th - Alonzo

fun **** guys, I'll post vids upon request.

Top Bottom