• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
screw that, ill kill all of u with my mighty ken of DOOM!

anyways uhh... new info about the tournament!
apparently the venue is unavailable for that day.. but he says theres another place, slightly smaller, right next to the clubhouse. This is getting kinda rediculous, but we're doing our best. Confirmed details aren't confirmed yet!! Which means they are not confirmed!!
F@ck Ken. "I've have always had the better win record!" Ryu to Ken in that very game and QFT.....as long as your not top-level :laugh:

And well...confirm that shizzy! We gotta have a place for the Burg to start rolling ya know?

As for Marvel....I hate that game too, refuse to play it. But I'm rather surprised you haven't tried something with CvS2 Otis, as I remember you BEGGING for people to play it back at Ascendency. Course, that's just from what I've seen, so forgive me If I'm wrong.

Just saying that I would much rather play that game as I'm a bit more partial to SNK then Marvel. That's just me though, even with broken azz RCing...

CStick

Smash Lord
wow, Otis, that hurts, coming from a guy who has squandered in-tourney more than I ever will :oh snap burn face: lololololol

meh, lmac caught me and beat me fair and square. no johnz, though he wont ever do it again

anyone wana smash this afternoon? *glares at the residents of Canadian Ct*

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
wow, Otis, that hurts, coming from a guy who has squandered in-tourney more than I ever will :oh snap burn face: lololololol

meh, lmac caught me and beat me fair and square. no johnz, though he wont ever do it again

anyone wana smash this afternoon? *glares at the residents of Canadian Ct*
that sounds like a good idea. i havn't played smash since kitsune's tournament saturday. so any smash goin on today O-NO

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Hey I'm def new to the boards and really interested in smashing with others in va beach.

I played competitively like 3 years ago, but had just recently gotten interested in it.

Right now my best friend is my only real competition, and im hoping to change that =)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
zomg...I got ***** tonight...worst smash night for me since...the last time I bltched a lot about everything >_< looks like karma kicked my *** for posting that video without asking Kits first :(...or maybe just for posting it in general..sheit.

EDIT:
smash gatherings tend to happen at O-NO's place near Va Beach TCC. Occasionally there is a tourney at Game On near General Booth and Dam Neck [it's by the KFC, Taco Bell, and right next to Quizznos, on General Booth]...locations of fests tend to change so I mean...I guess all I can say is subscribe to this thread and you'll get whatever info you need

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
Where exactly are the general locals for the tourneys/games in general?

I live over near Kellam HS/ Va beach Amphitheater
I live by Ocean Lakes area so we not too far apart. Smash sometime. XD
When I get back from canada of course. =(

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Whats everyone doing this weekend? Anyone else trying to have a nice sized get together for a meet and greet? I'm feeling it, but that might just be me.;)

And I recently realized that pova's 3 best all use jigs...it's a secondary for all of us, just odd :p

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Shaeman/shaedog/shaeJeezy(?) what's your ride situation, can you get yourself and your friend around hampton roads or would we need to establish this thing close to you for convenience? I don't mind driving to newport news, I go to CNU so I'm there enough as-is.

Ether

Smash Ace
lollll CStick, I wanna smash but I've got way too much **** going on to really say if I can, and I don't wanna start something up and then pull an Ether [ohhhhhhhh jkjkjk] I guess I'll call one of you guys later on today if I free myself up
XD, well, I asked for it. I've just been so tied up lately because my dad's birthday was July 11, my sister's was July 12, and my girlfriend's was July 16. So now I'm $300 poorer.

That being said, I need to start money matching people. I'm free this Sunday. Come to think of it, the last major event I attended was Decendency. I must really suck. </hustle>

toasty

Smash Hero
Kits...I don't know how the hell I survived that spike, but I suppose the only answer might be Smash DI...unfortunately, I know next to nothing about it other than its timing...to someone more knowledgable: can you Smash DI against ANY attack, including a Marth spike?

EDIT: snap I guess I missed a few posts...hah, Schoolie, a meet and greet? ****, a bunch of people are out of town this weekend [I will be too]
I guess we'll see...

another reminder: Who wants to go to MP Jubilee V in NC August 3rd/4th???
should be fun =D
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99500

Nelo

Smash Apprentice
Richmond's going to Jubilee! except Cyrain might not; I think he's going to a concert. =(

To all of SoVA: Do any of you play Guilty Gear XX? Any version really. We should play that at these side tourneys.

To Toasty / Otis / Anyone who wants to house us: Team Richmond wants to spend about a week in SoVA, maybe like got to toasty's then O-Nos and maybe end up at fats for the weekend or something..? PM me or something.

toasty

Smash Hero
Would you be providing delicious nacho's and soda for this Venue fee?
loll Nelo...I guess if I can go, whenever it is, and if I feel like taking away all kinds of time from smash, then I'll make some nachos...I wouldn't count on it though...speaking of which, the last fest burned a generous hole in my pocket...not that I minded though...but next time there may be a nominal venue fee...like...1 or 2 bucks haha
as for housing? probably not. :( sorry dude

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Behold my presence!!

Hey all. Im still out of town, but we made a trip out to pentagon city mall, where they have an apple store w/ internets!!! so i cant respond to any responses, but i can talk about my tourney. As shaeman previusly reported, the venue will be switched to a place next door to the clubhouse. i have actually never been there, but i do know that it is pretty small (although most of you are probably used to that). Anyways, Shaeman...DONT TALK ABOUT STUFF LIKE UR MAMA DRAMA!!! THAT SCARES PEOPLE! I GOT DIS SO NO NEED TO INVOLVE UR PARENTS! AND ONE LAST THING: i need to know how many of you that plan on attending are NOT in school. There is a concern that people could potentialy be "dangerous." If i can get a good consensus that most of you are students, then we wil have no problems. If not, then we will see what happens. Youre all invited to come, however.
As for sf and mvc, im not gona brag, but i did play that game a lot. i hope you guys can teach me a thing or 2

Peace for now

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Man sucks not having a car and living so freaking far from DA BEACH when all this stuff is going down. No wonder why I suck at smash :cry:

Crystalite, don't think you have to worry about anybody being "dangerous". I've been with the SoVA scene for caught a while, and although I haven't met everybody, and I can say with some resolve their's no need for worry. I doubt O-NO, Whodat and Toasty or anyone else who's hosted tournies in our region would've allowed "dangerous" people to come to them after the first time and what not.

Just my two cents....and some other random change. Hey! It's enough to buy a slurpee! *Goes to 7-11 and gets slurpee* X_X *dies of brain freeze*

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man sucks not having a car and living so freaking far from DA BEACH when all this stuff is going down. No wonder why I suck at smash :cry:

Crystalite, don't think you have to worry about anybody being "dangerous". I've been with the SoVA scene for caught a while, and although I haven't met everybody, and I can say with some resolve their's no need for worry. I doubt O-NO, Whodat and Toasty or anyone else who's hosted tournies in our region would've allowed "dangerous" people to come to them after the first time and what not.

Just my two cents....and some other random change. Hey! It's enough to buy a slurpee! *Goes to 7-11 and gets slurpee* X_X *dies of brain freeze*

I'm pretty dangerous.

In smash.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm going to be back sunday. so monday i want to play. so hit me up. now. </3.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
im scared to see how a pro ness plays.
well not so much "see" but like..
be a VICTIM o_O
after seeing "ITS A TRAP!!".... ive been scared of that happening to my link

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Tope needs to shut up before he gets embarrassed sunday xD
He's cocky, comes off as a ****, brags, and talks trash, but he does win the majority of the tournaments. So, regardless of what people think of him as a person, statistically, he's the best in the region. It's not likely he'll be embarrassed... unless he moneymatches The Doug again :laugh:

jk

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
when you're the best there's nothing more. lol. there's really nothing to do but look at others and then brag to them that you can't be as good. that's really it. the people who don't show face at the tournies that brag are just noobs.

Top Bottom