• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Cow

Smash Apprentice
i started playing 3s
i'm uh, bad to say the least
but w/e i'll play.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hey guys. My event will be moving back to Saturday. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I dont really feel like explaining. Just change ur calendars to saturday, the 28th. See you guys there.

Tourney will start at 1:30. I know smashers like to be "fashionably late," but it will be imperative to be on time. See u guys there.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Good to have you back Otis. I 've been practicing in 3S as well and my Ryu might be able to provide you a bit of a challenge now that's it's evolved from c.mk>hadou>SA1. Hope you can make it down to Crystalite's tourney, EPIC stuff in 3S might happen :laugh:

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
Two tournaments on the same day? Unreal and Crystalnite? I think that's what I saw. Oh well. So smash going down this week? Anyone? If so then I will go. $MM.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
well if anyone wants to get ***** in smash, call me up. **** **** **** **** **** ****

**** it, it's Va Beach son! no one knows me out here!

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
come onn xD
i remember meeting sum people at o-no's old tourneys in newport news
idk who they were. i was one of the young people with that overprotective mom

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Time: Arrive around 1:15-1:30

Place is reserved from 1-5, but I assume its a guideline and not a rule...

And bring $10 for singles atleast. I cant promise doubles because of time, but if you guys want doubles and/or moneyz matches, then we will have them time permitting.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
WHO'S GOING TO NC MOTHA****AS?!?!?! King Squander has removed himself from exile and has said he will be joining me. I believe I have transportation through "V" [the other Vince]...I don't know if there will be any more room in that car, but if anyone else wants to go, man up!!!

BTW!!!! There is way more than smash going down that weekend. There will be CREW-side tournaments!!! As in: (aside from SSBM Crew Match) Dodgeball set, SceneIt, Team Risk, 100 yd dash, Basketball, Trivial Pursuit...pick 4. This is the Iron Man Challenge [I think I covered all of it], and I think they will make it so that the losing crew can counterpick a game, no banning games though. But this will be a test of crew-athleticism, smash skill, and intelligence

ALSO there will probably be a Texas Hold'em side tourney =D And by probably, I mean there will be. This weekend needs to be a WEEK long...but hey I mean, 5 dollar venue fee for all of this, lodging, AND pancakes saturday morning?!??! CMON WTF ELSE DO YOU NEED?!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99500

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
yo otis. any smash goin on today. or maybe a couple of matches in 3rd strike.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Hey guys. My event will be moving back to Saturday. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I dont really feel like explaining. Just change ur calendars to saturday, the 28th. See you guys there.

Tourney will start at 1:30. I know smashers like to be "fashionably late," but it will be imperative to be on time. See u guys there.

Darn Saturday. Will have to miss it.

Ether

Smash Ace
I'm going to look into that ride on Game On and see if I can make it. If it were on Sunday and Doug could make it, I'd try to go with him, gas money of course.

If anything, I'll cancel due to "looking for new job" squandering. But if anyone cares, after I quit yesterday, everyone was in an uproar like, "Vince quit?!" They called the Kinko's in Chesapeake and it spread like Wildfire. I could probably go back and get rehired for more money, but it's a sucky job. <_< I want a cool data entry job like Cactuar.

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
WHO'S GOING TO NC MOTHA****AS?!?!?! King Squander has removed himself from exile and has said he will be joining me. I believe I have transportation through "V" [the other Vince]...I don't know if there will be any more room in that car, but if anyone else wants to go, man up!!!

BTW!!!! There is way more than smash going down that weekend. There will be CREW-side tournaments!!! As in: (aside from SSBM Crew Match) Dodgeball set, SceneIt, Team Risk, 100 yd dash, Basketball, Trivial Pursuit...pick 4. This is the Iron Man Challenge [I think I covered all of it], and I think they will make it so that the losing crew can counterpick a game, no banning games though. But this will be a test of crew-athleticism, smash skill, and intelligence

ALSO there will probably be a Texas Hold'em side tourney =D And by probably, I mean there will be. This weekend needs to be a WEEK long...but hey I mean, 5 dollar venue fee for all of this, lodging, AND pancakes saturday morning?!??! CMON WTF ELSE DO YOU NEED?!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99500
How big is the venue and how many people are expected to show up? I might consider going to this.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
O-NO I hope you can make it!!!

Guys, to make things clear before you come:
-A few of you have promised to bring setups; I am counting you and I am grateful for your kindness.
-The tourney is TOMORROW, SATURDAY JUNE 28th
-Arrive from 1-1:30 (Please be on time; if you come even earlier, you may get some warm-up/$MM$ in)
-Doubles are POSSIBLE, but not PROMISED! They can only happen time permitting.
-Entry is $10; it covers the venue and prize pool. BTW I am considering making that 15% go to host(s). In case you didnt know, I don't have a job, and this is my free time--BUT I STILL LOVE YOU ALL!!! T.T
-This venue is quite different from the one previously described; it is much smaller, but it is big enough; there is no kitchen, but you may still be able to use the big @$$ backyard...
-Speaking of the venue, the entrance is into a parking lot-the first house/building you see will be a clubhouse; THIS IS NOT THE PLACE; instead, the location will be in the building to the left of the pool (you'll see it when you get there). Enter in the door immediately to the right of the garage (again, you will see it when you get there). Knock if it is locked, although I will have probably unlocked it. Once you enter, go up the stairs and into the left door. Feel free to set up before the tourney and play friendlies. I only ask that you mind your manners, keep the place clean, and keep anything inappropriate to minors OUT. Parents and minors will be present; it is imperative to be "good" so that this can happen again.

Thank you guys for coming and minding the rules. PLEASE DONT OWN ME TOO BADLY...AND NO GAY SHEIKS (straight ones are ok tho)

toasty

Smash Hero
. . . . .
so no one else from SoVA [other than Ether and a few ODU people, like Blackguy] is going to NC?
sadness.
Doug? Cow? O-NO? Lee? CStick? Pretty much everyone else, I know their story...but what's up with you guys, anyone coming?

Edit:
@M3RC - yeah dude, there's going to be a pretty massive turnout..and sheeiiit G-REG IS GONNA BE THERE =D

toasty

Smash Hero
Top Bottom