• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
hey S-man: howd you decide on which videos to upload? were those the only ones recorded properly? because i really wanted to watch me vs juan

There's More?
I would like to also see Boose vs Juan and all the other matches I didnt get to see that night.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
yo i have boose vs juan on my desktop. i deleted all the others (cause they had those random scrub team matches) so gimme a minute. i'll have that set up, along with a few matches with kp and mahone.

ALSO i hope someone can host soon. I feel like I have smash withdrawal.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
they have tournament melee for a reason holy ****

why do you people complain about the lack of tournaments when nintendo has given you all the tools necessary

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
*flashback to the midnight release of brawl*

that tournament was the biggest troll in the history of gaming

not only did the tournaments suck, but it ushered in a new era of **** gaming

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I heard they try to get him for celebration after the play. It didn't look like the play was over yet lol.

Today should be my last day of actual work in MD... I dunno if they'll make me stick around for cleanup or whatever, but I hope not. Can't wait to get to Norfolk!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Sure man. It would have to be more of a "do as I say, not as I do" bit of advice though, at least until I shake some rust off lol. I am good at the matchup, but not great. For those of you that like numbers, I'd say this matchup is 58/42 in falcons favor (lol).

Biggest things:
-Learning to deal with the nair approach
-getting good at techchasing
-DI

How to DI depends on your damage and your position on the stage. DI everything away at low%, excluding knees near the edge. Starting around 30% or so, you have to have some quick reaction time. The goal is to DI away unless you see thee knee coming. Sometimes it's best not to DI at all, like if you are at 90-100ish and get uthrow'd. You DI the throw away, falcon uairs. You are still in danger off the uair to knee combo if you survival DI the uair, and if you DI away, you are giving him am easy edgeguard opportunity. No DI will put you out of combo range and normally give you access to the ledge. If you are over 100%, survival DI everything. There is more to it but those are the basics. Make yourself difficult to combo without handing out edgeguards.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
boose im sure uve checked out the ganon boards on tech chasing and frame traps and stuff. the ganon boards are like the most helpful threads on this website

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Just found out. Mandatory job meeting in Norfolk at 10am tomorrow. Leaving in the morning. Stoked!

Aaaaand I spoke too soon. Its gonna be a few more days.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
IV you say that like i check any other thread on the boards except this one :p

ive read Ace/Magus's thread on techchasing but thats about it. frame data is useless to me unfortunately because i dont have the vision/reaction to properly utilize it in this game =\ ill give it another visit soon enough though

also Ace that sucks. may not be able to play you after all

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Working for Great Lakes is a pain. (gldd.com)

I never know what will happen next. EVER.

Right now, I think I will be in town on Sunday evening (and ready to smash with whoever, probably enver or zion). Then I go on time off on thurs. the 23rd, and I'm pretty sure my gf and I are headed to Key West. After that I dunno, but I'll be back in Norfolk by new years eve, and all I can say is that I hope you guys have something planned for the smash community cause I'll be more than glad to participate/contribute. From then on I will be in Norfolk 2/3 of the time until like March (as far as I know).

rhan

Smash Hero
Atleast your forums are alive, ****ing douche's I hate all of you. I learn about roy in the ****ing marth threads.
To be honest... You usually aren't funny on the boards.

BUT THIS SHIIIIT!

MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!

If you're in town Sunday it's iffy for me.

1) Imma be with Shae. He drives me places. Cuz he's my biitch.

2) Sunday is usually the day I spend with my girl.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Ether? What's the deal? I definitely have a ride tomorrow if you do something.
I am good at mindgames so I'm going to start abusing them
EDIT: I forgot about smalltext.
Im going to act gay during matches
no homo

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;

rhan

Smash Hero
I have a few ideas that might be able to fix this.

But if that fails I'm throwing all the data to Shae.

Cuz I'm lazy.

And computers hate me.

Like trees.

CStick

Smash Lord
how to deal with Falcon's nair:
1. wait for nair.
2. Activate good reflexes
3. running-A attack while holding down in case of a trade-off. You'll usually eat through it unless your timing sucked. also, any other attack will eat through it. Ganon has more priority.

rhan

Smash Hero
f you meant Sypher's. Probably not. Shae doesn't feel like driving that far. And also we're going out to dinner with our ladies Saturday night.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hey guys, I didn't know this thread existed.

I go to school at VCU in Richmond with a bunch of other smashers such as Yoshido. I would totally be willing to host smashfests when I get back to richmond after winter break. So if there is a demand I'll totally be willing to do it. Let me know.

There's a comparatively a bunch of smashers in Richmond.

Tope
Cyrain
Doll
Da Dave? (I think that's his smashname I'm dumb when it comes to names)
thefear
me
yoshido
yoshido's two friends
twiddle

We could even do a Richmond vs. rest of SoVa crew battle (though I think it would be unfair to use Cyrain, Tope, or maybe even Doll, but that leaves us with only three players that know how to wd...)

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I didn't know this thread existed.

I go to school at VCU in Richmond with a bunch of other smashers such as Yoshido. I would totally be willing to host smashfests when I get back to richmond after winter break. So if there is a demand I'll totally be willing to do it. Let me know.

There's a comparatively a bunch of smashers in Richmond.

Tope
Cyrain
Doll
Da Dave? (I think that's his smashname I'm dumb when it comes to names)
thefear
me
yoshido
yoshido's two friends
twiddle

We could even do a Richmond vs. rest of SoVa crew battle (though I think it would be unfair to use Cyrain, Tope, or maybe even Doll, but that leaves us with only three players that know how to wd...)
sup bro

i looked for quite a while in 07 for a nova thread similar to this one and i never found one

finally some nova x sova action gonna go down

The_Doug

Smash Ace
I am free until Sunday night as of now. Up for anything smash related: 3-4 man smashfest, tourney, road trip to Richmond or wherever. Just let me know. Text/call 757 639 1563.

Hey thesage - DA Dave as in IK Gost? Used to be the best Falco player back in the day.

Top Bottom