• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there at 3, and won't leave until people start leaving (10-ish). I'm really stoked. I'll probably leave Brawl open for others to play, occasionally popping in for a friendly, or a money match if any dare. I need to play some Melee tomorrow though, I've been Brawling constantly for 2 weeks. I'm afraid I'll side dodge off the edge to slow me down or dodge, or won't sweet spot the edge as Brawl does it for me. :)

I'm stoked though, I haven't been to a Smash thing in ages.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Thanks for the info. Go with Ike or Link. What time does it all start?
Most tourneys start at 10pm, but it mandatory you get all waivered up and signed in about 30 min prior. The head guy at Redmill said be there around 9pm.

And thanks for the info, but now that Link has lost some of the main things that made him goood (Need to charge for good grounded up-B, no more Up-B spiking! Boomerang does no damage or stun on way back, just pulls! He can no longer chain grab the side of a stage, only the ledge. And no more bomb recoveries.) I don't think he's as good.

I've been playing alot lately with Roy, Ganon, YLink, Marth, and DK (for funzizies) and I would have to say my tech skill has most likely really increased since I last played any of you guys.

Snake really looks like he could easily be who I'd wanna main. The sheer unpredictability of his moves offer so much precise strategy. Besides MGS is my home court!
SlashTalon=XionInferno....It's a long story

O-NO, need more setups?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
O NO need more setups
without any of the non-letter characters, that's a much different sentence.

it'd be great to play you again Slash. Unfortunately, I can't make it on friday and I don't have a car of my own so I can't come over to your place to smash either. We'll figure something out I suppose.

If you live near downtown Norfolk or are coming through it between 4PM and 3 AM on Friday, you should stop by Gusto's to get some food from me :) First 2 people to come in and shout "TOASTY TOOOOAAAST" get a free meal [2 slices and a drink :)]

It would be crazy, but I'll see if I can show up to O-NO's at 3 to play Brawl for a second and then go to work. Dangerous though, don't wanna lose track of time >_> gah...otherwise I'll brawl with everyone next week

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
It would be crazy, but I'll see if I can show up to O-NO's at 3 to play Brawl for a second and then go to work. Dangerous though, don't wanna lose track of time >_> gah...otherwise I'll brawl with everyone next week
However, playing it early is something you can boast about. :)

Also, is Gusto's that place that was below Relative Theory (RIP)? I might consider doing that just for the free food... I'll be there after 10 if I do.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Slash, if you wanna bring a set up, thats fine. i may just move one of the smaller tvs out for yours.

id rather have too many cubes than not enough.

another important note.

My PHONE IS BROKEN!!!!
if you get lost on the way to my place, your screwed. so if anyone need directions, hit the internetz.
my address is STILL, on the FRONT PAGE of the thread.

Ether

Smash Ace
Most tourneys start at 10pm, but it mandatory you get all waivered up and signed in about 30 min prior. The head guy at Redmill said be there around 9pm.
Wait, then that means I can show up! I'll probably hit up one of the Norfolk stores. Like O-NO said, if it's Melee, it's done.

toasty

Smash Hero
Wait, then that means I can show up! I'll probably hit up one of the Norfolk stores. Like O-NO said, if it's Melee, it's done.
well, I already called the Tidewater Dr. store :)
You should go to the 21st St Gamestop ^_^

Read: we're not friends if you show up at the Tidewater Dr. store ;___;

I mean, it's your call, and it's my fault for not being as good as you, so no worries. I'll just hate you forever. [Read: 2 hours...when I pick up my not-so-free copy]

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
A friend of mine who works at the Tidewater store plays smash, so the Melee tourney may be MLG rules.

If it's free for all, we should team up and ****. lawlz.

Ether

Smash Ace
Only thing is, I called up the one on 21st, and they said they are using Wiimotes only. The one at Southern Cross said they aren't sure about what controllers or rules they will enforce, so I at least have a shot at using my own controller. And by that, I mean O-NO's controller. Also, I'd imagine several ODU smashers would go to the one on 21st, and I'm trying to eliminate competition.

Toasty, isn't the one on 21st closer to you, anyway?

And what's this about the store at Tidewater doing a Melee tourney? Are we talking about the same store? Lisa said it's at the intersection of Little Creek and Tidewater, Southern Cross Shopping Center.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION EVERYONE. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT BEFORE ATTENDING. THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE RUN USING TOURNAMENT MODE SO THE NUMBER OF ENTRANTS IS LIMITED. I JUST GOT THE LAST SPOT AT MY GAMESTOP. Also, you get a trophy for first place. So yeah, in summation, go sign up and good luck lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
due to unforeseen events, I will no longer be attending any of the GameStop tourneys.

god****it.
Guess I'll have to pay for my copy of Brawl. Also, Ether, you would've had every right to go there anyway ^_^

And yes we're talking about the same place, they're having a Melee tournament.
Me: are you guys enforcing the Wiimote+nunchuck rule for the Smash tournament on saturday?
GameStopGuy: Uhhhh...what are you talking about dude? It's a Melee tournament, so it's only GC controllers
Me: @_@

that was how it went down.

Ether, make sure you **** that **** because I think the matches are only one minute one stock.
So don't use Fox, there's no telling when you'll accidentally Side-B off of the stage.

I'm playing Brawl at Caboose's most likely after the midnight release though.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Good games today Toasty.

And Yeah, Ether, When i said "sign up" in my post I ment like at tourney-verification-I'm-here sign up, not initial sign up. My bad, sorry for the confusion.

BRAWL BABY! WHO'S PSYCHED!?:psycho:

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so wait..is there a tournament going on today in 10min? or is it sat? the date says today, the time says saturday..it's melee right? and same as usual on prices..ie 5 dollar venue , 5 dollar entry each event, must enter 2 events...?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who ever is coming up here.

You guys should try to head up Sunday morning/afternoon, and then roll out sometime around Monday.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
ok, i went to just about EVERY gamestop i could find. all i keep hearing as of 230 TODAY is wii-chucks.

so yeah. if anyone else lucks out and get a GS with a nice rule set and all that jazz....DO IT FOR SOVA!!!!
be at your GS at 9pm tomorrow NIGHT!

Tope, ill be up there sunday morning.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
2nyte was fun. :( to anyone who didn't come to the 1st SoVa Brawl tourney.

O-No - Good S**t winning the first Brawl $MM.

O and i did make a mistake about the Green Hill Zone music in Brawl. They have it in there, jus no remix :(.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Well gosh... I'm going to lynnhaven. But Wiimote+Chucks? I guess it'll have to do. O-NO, you are going to a gamestop that ISN'T Lynnhaven right? That would be helpful to me lol.

Oh, and I plan on using PT.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Sure Ether, you can come if you want. just hit me wif a few dollars for gas.

and no im not going to lynnhaven for brawl.
im a monster with wii-chucks now ^.^

Ahh, my first M$M was a victory!

Me and Kitsune, Sova Team Brawl CHAMPS!!!! lol.

Russ, no luck finding your controller. sry man. you also owe me 5$ venue :p

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
That was so fun.

Trust me, if I can figure out how to not suicide as Ike....Yall better fear Slash-mutha-****in-Talon!

Thanks for hosting O-NO, thanks for giving us the privelage to play Serpent.

toasty

Smash Hero
Serpent. You may be the SoVa Savior, but you're definitely a toasty Failure. ;____;

hope that you weren't just squandering by not showing up at 3 >____> [btw, I don't really care, it's all good :)]

oh well, the good thing is that 1) Brawl comes out tomorrow, and 2) I made enough in tips ALONE tonight to pay for Brawl ^_^

Kits, O-NO, Russ: thanks for the few matches I did have. They were fun and full of squanders. Even though I went all the way to Va. Beach for 20-30 minutes from Norfolk right after coming home from work, it put me in a good enough mood to work an 11 hour shift...so thanks for making my appearance at the last O-NO Melee fest fun.

toasty

Smash Hero
Yeah, unfortunately my friend needed to leave by 8:00. He ended up leaving his glasses at O-NO's and the time spent going back could have given us a trip over to Norfolk. I was really craving a slice too. C'est la vie.
LOL no. I meant you not showing up to Otis's at 3. I went there for like 20-30 minutes before work to play Brawl. But yeah it comes out tonight and it wasn't a big deal anyway, that's just what I was referring to haha.

who did people seem to enjoy off the bat? Zamus looks straight nasty. Anyone use Lucas/Pikachu?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, i lost the Brawl thing ^.^;

i hope everyone else faired better than me.

Ether, i dont know what time im heading to richmond, but you can still come if you want. i also dont have a phone, so ill just try to im you or leave a message one the boards for you before i leave.

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
Update-Me and Riku won our gamestop tournaments. my rules were uber gay we got random characters and i got dealt Bowser :(.
o-no-sorry to hear that bro i wish you could be with us next time we go to regionals. Squirtle Squad will still be represented. haha

Top Bottom