• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

CStick

Smash Lord
dont think I'll make it out to too many tourneys outside of VA Beach for the time being when brawl hits

in the process of trying to get a lawyer :( dont speed in Virginia anymore folks; the nazi pig c-nts are abusing the new laws as much as they can up until they're officially repealed this summer.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
dont think I'll make it out to too many tourneys outside of VA Beach for the time being when brawl hits

in the process of trying to get a lawyer :( dont speed in Virginia anymore folks; the nazi pig c-nts are abusing the new laws as much as they can up until they're officially repealed this summer.
F**k the Police. All they're good 4 is eating Dounuts and drinking coffee.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I'm a bit late here, but I'll be playing metaknight/diddy/marth/wolf in brawl. I won't know who I am maining/alting until after I've gotten to play a lot though. Also, my tag will just prolly be Cyrax, since that's an old joke...And Cyran, Crain, Cryin, etc. don't work.

Ether

Smash Ace
I will finally be able to spell out Ether, although I might change my tag to Kyo or Kyoln, considering there is already an Ether in Brawl -_-

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
That Ether you're referring to goes by Turbo Ether. He's from the NJ area from what i heard. Or u could jus make your tag LANDO.

Ether

Smash Ace
Back in the day, HugS suggested that I just go by Vince. But I'll probably stick with Ether or Kyo. Or Ken.

And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna main Marth.

Ether

Smash Ace
People have asked me how Pound 3 was, but I never went into any detail. I just want to take the time to point out some highlights of the event.

* The power went out, and Riku screamed, "YU-GI-OHHHHHH!!!"

* O-NO and I pulled up some chairs behind Azen during one of his pools matches and performed MLG commentary, answering questions like, "Why is FD a good stage for Marth on spacies?"

* Schoolie and I finished playing team friendlies against Milktea and someone, and afterward, I turn to Schoolie and...hmm...nevermind. PM me if you want to know the rest >.>

* This random girl Angel wanted teh sex from Schoolie, Spd, and myself, especially Schoolie. When we turned her down and she asked for tips on getting a guy that night, we put it in smash terms for her, telling her she needs to watch her approach, not go aggro the whole time, and try to bait the guy to come to her.

* Cyrain and I beat (I think) every TA team we played against, friendly or tourney, in sets. Maybe Cyrain can confirm this.

* Cyrain and I beat Tope + HugS using the power of the Greens. We also beat Edreese and Bone on Green Greens, but they won the set.

* Cyrain beat Neo in pools. I beat Neo's Roy by a small margin, taking two stocks with back-to-back Ken combos. Neo ***** me in every other game we played, though. I should have stuck to those Ken combos.

* We stayed in Meep's basement, which is freakin' amazing. We kept Doll awake till like 5 in the morning because we wouldn't stop talking, especially Cyrain and Geos.

* Squirtle Squad helped Chinesahh move the smashers from the initial venue to the basement of a building, where the tournament finished. I was tempted to send smashers into the female dorms and have hilarity ensue, but I didn't.

* I teamed up with Blues in some friendlies. That guy is amazing, and funny. It's hard to explain.

* Chinesahh explained to me and SS that SoVa can be good at smash, we just need to find a venue and host some big tourneys and play the people that travel to us. He also challenged me to a $mm, but we never played. =\ I didn't want to play for money, anyway, but shucks, next time, I just might.

* Doll, who was in my pool, made his matches last as close to 8 minutes as he could, so he could take up a lot of time and help keep me from playing my pools matches cuz I was so tired. He laughed and said he almost lost some matches doing that. Good guy.

* Tope had the plague, yet he still beasted in tourney/$mm's cuz he's so ****.

* On the way back home, the cops pulled over Tope for not having his headlights on.

* I got triple-knee'd by g-reg.

* G-reg quadruple knee'd somebody in crews. I was sitting right behind him, playing friendlies with Kiwii and Brookman, so I missed it. Lol, it was epic, and I had no excuse to not see it, but I missed an important part of history.

CStick

Smash Lord
schoolie should have just put on beer goggles and wall-of-pain'd said girl. I know I would have unless beer goggles wouldnt have been enough to counteract any 'problems' with her. Then which you pretend you want to bang her, take her to a dark room, switch out and let someone else do her, then come in, turn the lights back on, then after she starts screaming in confusion you go "MINGAMES *****! YU-GI-OOOOOHHHHHHH!"

then slap her and leave.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I believe you are correct, Ether. We beat Tope and hugs, Team Nasty multiple times lol, as well as solidly beating Kirbulate. I heard G-reg say "****ING CYRAIN" like 3 times during that set. Too funny. As well as beating ****ing ho-chi-mihn trail, seruch's team, and bringing vidjo and jiano to last ****ing hit. So close.

I also beat Eggm. =D *bragbragbrag*

Good **** Ether. *Pound*

Cyrain

Smash Ace
schoolie should have just put on beer goggles and wall-of-pain'd said girl. I know I would have unless beer goggles wouldnt have been enough to counteract any 'problems' with her. Then which you pretend you want to bang her, take her to a dark room, switch out and let someone else do her, then come in, turn the lights back on, then after she starts screaming in confusion you go "MINGAMES *****! YU-GI-OOOOOHHHHHHH!"

then slap her and leave.
I hate to double post, but I just read this...And...
What the ****? lol
That's hilarious.

Ether

Smash Ace
Good sheezy, Cyrax.

Also, one more thing I'd like to add to that list:

Husband threw a chair out of anger. I heard it was because he got ***** by Mango.

I didn't see Husband or Wife after the chair incident.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I heard he threw the chair cuz he lost to Hax (Not to sure if it was Hax or Mango he lost to). I didn't see him thorw it, but I heard the chair hit the wall.

Ether

Smash Ace
I was in the computer lab doing some programming. I kept a tab open for smashboards so I could take occasional breaks.

Sorry again for not making it. I was like, 2 minutes away by foot, lol. But I really do appreciate you coming all the way out. Next time, I'll make sure smash is the only thing on the schedule.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Ether, while you made that last post you could've been smashing with ME! I was there son!
Team Over 9000 Pounds was no match for Tiers'R'Us*
^_^
My Marth <3s your Ganon...my Fox is a different story. But thank you for helping me tap into my Super Saiyan powers...but, like Gohan in his early years, I have no control or recollection of what I was doing during those stocks of ****. If only I could have 4 a match @_@

*Team Over 9000 Pounds = the name I give to Fats (Gannon) & Level 9 Fox
Tiers'R'Us = toasty (G&W) & Caboose (Bowser)

Level 9 Fox has CRAZY DI!!! But he's all tech, no mindgames...kinda like Silent Wolf >_> [test to see if anyone else lurks their names like Cactuar does haha...............oh. ****.]

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Cautuar, that reminds of my match with him in pools. He jus wouldn't die. Ether i'm sure u remember your match with him. I'd have to say that Cactuar has some of the best DI that i've seen. What more could u expect "He's A Cactus". BTW i want to have a rematch against u one day if u do show up in here to read this.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
*Cactus is summoned*

Yo.

Fox:
Nair shine wd jab bair jab shine wd upsmash.

Marth:
Wd back fsmash.

DI:
I just react very quickly to the game, so I end up smash DIing every hit. And yet I still never bother to smash DI Fox uthrow uairs...

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Slash, where have you been???
So...
For anyone who cares: ODU ice hockey is going to Nationals in Rochester, MN.

We won regionals in Hotlanta, GA about 2 weeks ago, and our league championship in Wilmington, NC last week of which I got MVP (first goalie eva son!)
http://www.brhockey.com/news2.php?news_id=76899&lang=

But yeah that should answer your 3 month old questions...

I have been playing a lot lately, but definitely not the same against random other people and friends who rarely play.

I'd assume that with the release of brawl the activity won't stop, but just blend with Brawl+Melee...or perhaps just brawl?

Lemme know when a local thing is happening again

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
for all of those who play at ODU, students or otherwise:
there is a "new Retro Room". You know the lounge area to the right of the Lion's Den? Yeah...the OLD RETRO ROOM TVS ARE THERE!!!!! Well, one of them anyway. We played Melee at Webb last night. Wow. It felt soooo good. I was geeking out and babbling "I can use Fox here I can use Fox heeeeerrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee" It was soooo refreshing.

Smash may not be dead at ODU after all ^_^

Edit:

GOOD **** PETER!

Ether

Smash Ace
for all of those who play at ODU, students or otherwise:
there is a "new Retro Room". You know the lounge area to the right of the Lion's Den? Yeah...the OLD RETRO ROOM TVS ARE THERE!!!!! Well, one of them anyway. We played Melee at Webb last night. Wow. It felt soooo good. I was geeking out and babbling "I can use Fox here I can use Fox heeeeerrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee" It was soooo refreshing.
Can we smash there today?

Top Bottom