• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
like unreal counterpicking my fox to green greens? =P
lol...yeah, but it all started about a year-year 1/2 ago. There were Green Green tournaments. The first one I remember was one that actually banned FOX from the tournament. Everyone paid 2 dollars and then we had a legit tourney, except that the stage was always GG. I think it was the introduction of Ether to most of SoVa as well, and he ***** that **** with Marth and got a magnificent helping of diabetes in the form of a box of Little Peach's D-smash Sticks, formerly Little Debbie's Donut Sticks [lmao@notice to do a barrel roll]. I think the label of 20(?) sticks was also changed to stocks.

Anyway. After that, Green Greens was seen as "The SoVa Counterpick" and it saw many a tournament. The best one [aside from Ether's "Swordification" against G-Reg] being at Epic Madness: Vol. 2 - Team Green Greens for $$$ and Nachos. It was all the joys of the first Epic Madness where a ****load of smashers invaded my house and have a 15 hour smashfest with the added bonus of an actual tournament...even if the price was only $1 per teammate, but the prize was all the money and exclusive rights to a plate of my nachos :) Cyrisraphel aka Team My Homiez took that **** with some heated contest from Donkey Cannon [the last great showing of Otis and Lee, IIRC].

In Summary: SoVa <3s Green Greens.

OH SNAP I JUST REMEMBERED.

This is the thing that REALLY made "The Greens" infamous [and Whispy, too]:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT5MfEazl20

Classic.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
dude, kirby destroys fox on Green Greens, we all know that.

actually pat, let's do that fight. I used to play mad amounts of kirby cuz my ganon didn't know how to fight sheik. kirby v fox green greens? what's your schedule tomorrow. I can play at 2:15

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
lol...yeah, but it all started about a year-year 1/2 ago. There were Green Green tournaments. The first one I remember was one that actually banned FOX from the tournament. Everyone paid 2 dollars and then we had a legit tourney, except that the stage was always GG. I think it was the introduction of Ether to most of SoVa as well, and he ***** that **** with Marth and got a magnificent helping of diabetes in the form of a box of Little Peach's D-smash Sticks, formerly Little Debbie's Donut Sticks [lmao@notice to do a barrel roll]. I think the label of 20(?) sticks was also changed to stocks.

Anyway. After that, Green Greens was seen as "The SoVa Counterpick" and it saw many a tournament. The best one [aside from Ether's "Swordification" against G-Reg] being at Epic Madness: Vol. 2 - Team Green Greens for $$$ and Nachos. It was all the joys of the first Epic Madness where a ****load of smashers invaded my house and have a 15 hour smashfest with the added bonus of an actual tournament...even if the price was only $1 per teammate, but the prize was all the money and exclusive rights to a plate of my nachos :) Cyrisraphel aka Team My Homiez took that **** with some heated contest from Donkey Cannon [the last great showing of Otis and Lee, IIRC].

In Summary: SoVa <3s Green Greens.

OH SNAP I JUST REMEMBERED.

This is the thing that REALLY made "The Greens" infamous [and Whispy, too]:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT5MfEazl20

Classic.
all lies, i ***** cstick at green greens thus crowned myself king of green greens :p
then ether became gay and took the title :(

Ether

Smash Ace
I think O-NO is the true King of Green Greens. Did anybody see his "**** combo" he did on me? I pulled off what I called the "Ether Combo" (forward+b to spike, which O-NO later corrected me was a combo he invented, so we call it the SoVa Marth Combo) on his Roy on the Greens, and he was like, "What the hell was that?" I was like, "It's the Ether combo." And then he went beserk and effin ***** me on some bombs with an fsmash and yelled, "WELL I CALL THAT THE **** COMBO!" It was hilarious and amazing.

Plus, his commentary alone is enough to warrant a King of Green Greens title.

toasty

Smash Hero
Wait, when's C3?
lolll why do YOU care? So you can make plans to come and cancel them at the last second? rofl sorry I had to. If you went to the next C3, that would be amazing, and I'd try to make it...there's a low tier tourney coming up at C3 [jeez...Chu and Azen's low tiers... @_@]

I don't know. I might not be in the smash scene as often in the next two months. I have a chance to be part of this theatre production that's going to a international festival in CANADA! [Quebec, to be exact]. It's in April but I'll have to train my *** off because I'd be a new cast member in a production that's already been performed by most of the other cast members >_> The sweet thing is that there are only 20 acts: 10 from Canada and 10 international. So that's pretty amazing.

btw, anyone have plans for the Brawl release?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Yes, it's this Saturday. O-No, you and toasty should come. Tope will be driving, so you'd only have to drive a far as richmond. =D Then give us gas moniez.

toasty

Smash Hero
I won't be getting a Wii for a while =/ I do have Brawl pre-ordered though. If I get this siiiiick job that I'm checking out, then I'll at least have Brawl when it comes out and in a month or two I may have a Wii ^_^

So yeah, we should start a tally:

Brawl: 1
Wii: 0
Memory Card: 0

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Definitely getting Brawl.

I don't have a Wii, so I'll be camping at a friends house.

****'s gonna be so much ****.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Oh wow. I just read your quote and almost died when I saw "...Because everyone plays Sheik." Good **** Wiggles. You best come visit me sometime, man. I miss you.! <3333

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious who everyone in sova is planning on playing in brawl. Sticking to old mains? Jumping to the new characters first?

I want to play zero suit samus, ike, pokemon trainer, and pit the most.

/////////////////////////

ALTERNATE VEIN OF DISCUSSION!!!!!!!!!!
What will everyone be doing with that delicious extra letter we get for our names? I'll be adding an "r" to mine in order to approximate "israwr."

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
I dont have any plans for brawl yet. i mean, im gonna play Wolf for fun i know that. im interested in more players than not. like im NOT looking forward to Olimar, Rob and a few others.

as far as the name, im just gonna stick to O-NO.

Beyond that, im off for like 4 days (thur-sun) i have plans with the G/F for most of saturday but im free all that weekend.

i may go to richmond thur-fri if thats cool.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna stick to only being passable with peach, like i've always been. but i have to play toon link for cutefactor and pit for jumps. i might use the extra two spots to center my name. shrug.

toasty

Smash Hero
Definitely sticking with Pikachu and Ness because: they've been my two favorites since SSB64, apparently they both got buffed, and I'm already way comfortable with them :) I'm really interested in Lucas because his air game looks sick-nasty and if I can land his usmash... ^_^ PLUS HE HAS GRAB RANGE! yessssss....stupid T-Rex arms.

I'll continue to work on Fox(/Wolf?)/Marth in Brawl. I'm intrigued by Olimar and ROB.

Poke Trainer must be used if only to cash in on Squirtle's cuteness factor [and it should be a new SS mandate that you have Pokemon Trainer as an alt, haha]

Tags:
TOAST
NUNU!
YAYUZ

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Saw that coming. Chainthrow much?

I might play King Dedede to rival Tope.

But probably not.

I said I would play D3 as soon as I saw him announced, whether or not he was any good. It was funny cause most of TR said he was going to be bad.

Top Bottom