• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Cactur's style is FUNNY! One min he's campy, the next he jus *****! Then he jus mixes it altogether and it boecomes GAY!!!!! :laugh:

BTW is any smash goin on today?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Why do you guys hate my style? :laugh:
Mostly because it's campy. XD I have never played your fox, but your marth never did anything but wait around and be campy as **** and it depressed me lol. But I acknowledge how good it is, so it's okay. =3 I <3 you Cactuar.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Oh snaps! o- no has returned to his own thread!!!
Azen, I see the light...Maple Story is too good. (ONO1, Broa server...)

But yes, i cant say i dislike you style Cactuar (i mean ive never played you, so how would i know ^.^ ) but i do think your a smart player.
Ether, what do you mean "since Cactuar will be here soon" is he coming to sova or something?

New game Store just opened up in Sova, i dont think ill be able to host tourneys there (they have Hds anyhow) but since every gamestore in the world will be hosting brawl tourneys i thought id mention it.
"Hi-Score Gameing" check it out?

6 or so days until brawl. i think ill host one last fest before i got to Richmond for the release. i THINK, (ill confirm tonight) im off Friday. i plan on heading to Richmond like sat morning or something. so if i do get the chance to host, this will be the last Melee only fest in Sova since brawl drops 2 days later. yep, last EVER. so everyone should come out.

Who in richmond has brawl reserved? who all is planning on beaing at topes this weekend also?

Chinessah is Right. i mean, now that Brawl is out, every SINGLE melee scrub is gonna wanna play in tourney. where gonna need bigger venues, and fast. i think its time SS takes over sova as Ta has nova and bring bigger, better tourneys to this area. but to do that where going to need to pull together at a whole. help each other with hosting and staffing tourneys, help find good venues, and turn this area into one of the best regions to play smash.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I've got brawl reserved and will be in richmond sometime saturday for a gamestop tournament, and then will promptly be booking my *** over to tope's as soon as I take first lol. I dunno if I'll have my wii though, my family kind of took over it. v_v I'll try to get it back though; the more set-ups we can cram into the apartment the better, and I'll be ****ed if I don't have every character unlocked before I go to sleep.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Saturday night before the brawl midnight release Gamestops more or less everywhere are holding release tournaments, though I'm unsure about the actual time the tournaments or sign-ups are supposed to start. I'm planning on going by my local gamestop today to hopefully get some concrete answers.

Edit: From what I've heard peach has been nerfed hard. Her downsmash is garbage, no more float canceling, limited kill potential, and nerfed nair all make me sad. I'll be playing ike or fox. : /

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
and FYI sova, hands off jefferson commons in newport news. That's all me, with my mostly unnerfed Peach. So eff off.
Hey, that's the exact same one I've planning on going to for the past two weeks. I work across from it too.....

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Ether, what do you mean "since Cactuar will be here soon" is he coming to sova or something?
Let's jus say if u mention Cactuar's name in a tread, he'll pop in to give advice and explain how stuff works. Toasty wanted to see if anyone else pops in to give advice such as Silent Wolf would pop in and he mentioned Cactuar as well.

I'm down 4 Smash Friday. As far as the Brawl tourney goes, I'll be playing @ the one on Ferrell Parkway.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
well then, i guess ill have to take a game stop and start the ****. looks like i wont get to topes till saturday night.

SS call out your gamestops so we can all try to take one store each. the more of us out there the better.

i think ill go to Cheasapeake for mine. ill take the one next to Target across from GB mall.

Ether

Smash Ace
O-NO, what time saturday night? Because I get off work at 4:00 on saturday, and I could come along with gas money. What time did you need to be back? I'm sure I don't have work on Sunday, and I might not have to work Monday either, but I'll check.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I believe only the winner moves on from the tournament. I'm unsure as to whether anyone else how places high in round one receives anything. I'd suggest all going to different gamestops. : /

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if Friday is on, I can bring Brawl JPN + Wii (all characters and stages), as well as Melee + GCN, and one TV. I haven't done much community smashing in a while. I went to a thing at C-Stick's house once, then Bomb 4 a while back. I suppose I come by and lurk every now and then. I know it's a Melee event, but still, a bit of pre-release fun wouldn't hurt. If you guys don't want Brawl, I won't bring it, but I'm certainly down for some Smash. So just let me know, I've been out of the loop for a bit, even in the lurking sense.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
a few things.

First off, serpent. sure thing. id like to play you in melee regardless of you bringing brawl.

second. its on for friday. im off so lets get smashing.

3rd, im going to richmond whenever im done with this stupid gamestop trash. Ether, you can tag along but i dont think ill be leaving until tuesday some time. but im telling you now, this is one time that gonna be worth callin off for. dont squander early on 08'

4th. and perhaps most IMPORTANT of all...

i did some research on this gamestop tourney ( so as not get get hit with some lame *** game off ****) and notice one fact everyone seems to be overlooking for this tourney.

as the OFFICIAL rules state for this tourney you MUST use a nunchuck and wii mote to play in this tourney.
i have no idea if some gamestops will allow you to use a gcn controller or not, but as far as i know thats what the rules are.

if anyone has her otherwise let me know. other than that, good luck SS.

Serpent, if you hppen to bring brawl, and the rules for this tourney are indeed set, can you bring a wiimote and nunchuck so that we can atleast try it out before we go to this lame-stop tourney?

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
@someone who asked: I live in Chesapeake, Great Bridge area.

Serpent, if you hppen to bring brawl, and the rules for this tourney are indeed set, can you bring a wiimote and nunchuck so that we can atleast try it out before we go to this lame-stop tourney?
Definitely. Extra Wiimotes/Nunchuks would be nice btw, 4 player teams will have more people on the console (1 v 1's are still on, but it's always nice to have the option.)

I'm glad it's on, I'll be there. I might bring a friend or two.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
dibs on Landstown Commons/Princess Anne store
i almost called that but they using wii nunchucks. some stores won't allow gc controller heads up to everyone. i call redmill already. =]

my store said gc controllers. =P

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Attention!!!

yeah, about what Mashi said, it's ultimately up to the owner, so call ahead of time. The link Cow provided should have the numbers to all the locations.

EDIT:
CALL YOUR GAMESTOP AHEAD OF TIME!!
1) They may not be using the GC controllers like we've said
but more importantly?

2) IT MIGHT BE A MELEE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

I'm talking to the guy from the GameStop on Tidewater Dr. right now and he said it's a Melee tournament. So if you want that, then cool, but if you want a Brawl tourney, call ahead and ask.

okay...another Edit. No excuses if you fall victim to "GameOff"-esque happenings.

Here's the link to the locations and contact info. So call. Good luck SS =D
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ssbb/tournament/SSB-Brawl-Tourney-Stores.pdf

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
yo riku, could you find out if ferrell will let us use gc controllers? i dont mind using the chuck and wiimote cuz that's way better than just the wii mote

nawwwwmean?!

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
yo riku, could you find out if ferrell will let us use gc controllers? i dont mind using the chuck and wiimote cuz that's way better than just the wii mote

nawwwwmean?!
i talked to the peope @ ferrell and they said we can use GC controllers. also they said that nothing will be unlocked and we have to play with wut's already up there.

CStick

Smash Lord
David BLKG has the 21st Street GameStop and I'll take the Tidewater Drive one so that's both Norfolk Gamestops. I don't know which one The Doug is going to but I'm pretty sure he plans to attend one of them and he lives in Norfolk
there is no Doug :p

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
i talked to Lynhaven-princess ann. they said its gonna be a vote on controller type. they also said they may run melee due to the game not coming out until that night.

dibs on that store!

UPDATE FOR FRIDAY.

since im SURE theres going to be a large amount of people showing up for brawl, im going to have to tack on a 5$ venue.
im sure SS is well aware of the random " im not gonna enter the tourney but only wanna play friendlys" types that always seem to show up at random times. id like to try to cut back on these types of people showing up and hording everyone else's chances to play brawl.

Id also like to note that this venue will NOT be in effect if Serpent does NOT bring brawl.
Should he show up, he (and only he) will NOT have to pay venue, and a portion of the venue fee will go to him for his contribution.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I have to work Friday night. god****it.

Good thing I'm not going to a Brawl tourney the next day haha

Have fun everyone. I'll try and get some drunk girls from Time Lounge to show me their **** for a slice of pizza. My manager is devising a plan for us to get mad tips:
I'm going to be a foreign exchange student from a very poor family and the one I'm staying with isn't doing any better and I'm working to help them AND my family make ends meet ^_^

Saturday will be ****.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
So I've tried posting this 3 times now...

O-NO I would love to come/bring setup (wii+TV+sexytime)

As for tourneys, the RedMill manager has told me the following about rules:
1. GC controllers only
2. 1 min time limit
3. 1 life
4. No Sudden death (rematch basically)
5. Ok and here's the only ******** thing. When I asked about items he said this, and I quote,"It will be fair, but i dunno"

So who is everyone going to use at the GS tourney?
I'm thinking Poke Trainer or Ike for me...

Oh and I've mentioned it before, but my new appt is prime Smashfest local. if anyones interested lemme know.

Ether

Smash Ace
I have to work Friday night. god****it.

Good thing I'm not going to a Brawl tourney the next day haha

Have fun everyone. I'll try and get some drunk girls from Time Lounge to show me their **** for a slice of pizza. My manager is devising a plan for us to get mad tips:
I'm going to be a foreign exchange student from a very poor family and the one I'm staying with isn't doing any better and I'm working to help them AND my family make ends meet ^_^

Saturday will be ****.
I saw "****" and "drunk girls" in the same post. That's gonna be a hell of a time ^_^

So I've tried posting this 3 times now...

O-NO I would love to come/bring setup (wii+TV+sexytime)

As for tourneys, the RedMill manager has told me the following about rules:
1. GC controllers only
2. 1 min time limit
3. 1 life
4. No Sudden death (rematch basically)
5. Ok and here's the only ******** thing. When I asked about items he said this, and I quote,"It will be fair, but i dunno"

So who is everyone going to use at the GS tourney?
I'm thinking Poke Trainer or Ike for me...

Oh and I've mentioned it before, but my new appt is prime Smashfest local. if anyones interested lemme know.
Thanks for the info. Go with Ike or Link. What time does it all start?

i talked to Lynhaven-princess ann. they said its gonna be a vote on controller type. they also said they may run melee due to the game not coming out until that night.

dibs on that store!

UPDATE FOR FRIDAY.

since im SURE theres going to be a large amount of people showing up for brawl, im going to have to tack on a 5$ venue.
im sure SS is well aware of the random " im not gonna enter the tourney but only wanna play friendlys" types that always seem to show up at random times. id like to try to cut back on these types of people showing up and hording everyone else's chances to play brawl.

Id also like to note that this venue will NOT be in effect if Serpent does NOT bring brawl.
Should he show up, he (and only he) will NOT have to pay venue, and a portion of the venue fee will go to him for his contribution.
What time is this going down? If I show up after 7, will stuff still be going on?

Top Bottom