• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

DragonCharlz

Smash Cadet
It was a good weekend, even though I slept alot, I always tend to have a serious lack of sleep. It was fun playing a bunch of different stuff, too bad RyRy had to show up and beat me in MvC2 :(. Darn PS2 controllers.... anyways, fun playing in crews with you guys, I would have played singles if I wasn't in so much money troubles as I'm in right now. I currently have nothing on me, lol. Sad huh? But anyways, I'll post again soon, just posting cause I don't post enough. That and it would suck to join a tournament of just Tope, Ether, Doll, and a bunch of other people who would more than likely make me 2 and out, lol.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
This fest was pretty ****. Sadly, the smash tournaments weren't very big, but it's all good. So, for a few quick callouts

O-No- Thanks for hosting and letting us crash at your place. You're amazing! Come visit us in Richmond soon.

Lee- Thanks for putting up with us also lol. I didnt get any matches with you though. :( Maybe next time.

Ether- Good **** in teams. You ***** at the end lol. Didnt really get any 1v1 practice with you. Gotta play your fox with my marth and get practice in that area.

Tope-I love you.

Doll- I love you too. Good **** in crews :p

Nelo- ****

Kiwi- You've gotten lots and lots better. Also, good **** @ getting drunk as hell. lawl

Isra- I missed you. :(

Toasty- Only got a few matches with you, but you continue to improve and impress me and nelo lol. Keep on rapin

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
*Deep breath*

ok, lets do this....

Results

MVC2

1st Ryry
2nd Dragon charlz
3rd Whodat

CVS2

1st O-NO
2nd Ryry
3rd Ariez

Street fighter 3rd strike

!st Ryry
2nd O-NO (D@MN!!!)
3rd Andre

SSBM Teams

1st Raining Ether (Cyrain/Ether)
2nd Harrison Ford/Wan Li "Short Round" (Tope/Doll)
3rd Cowstick (Cow/Cstick)

SSBM singles

WTF NO SINGLES!?!?! Sova fails at smash, O-NO Official statement~

Crews

Doll team beats Tope team by 6 stock.

Excite bike
1st O-NO

Mark of the Wolves

1st O-NO

World Hero's

1st Blackheart lee

Street fighter the movie the game.

FAIL

Project Justice:rival schools

1st O-NO

Thumb WAR

1st Wiggles

Cough Toss

1st Tope

Trash talk

1st Kiwii

Squander

Ether/Kitsune Tie for first.

Epic chill

Cyrain, Nelo, Geos, O-NO 4 man team 1st place.

Shout outs.

Tope: once again, im sorry about the squandering as far as singles goes. mad people where there but i cant force anyone to play. hope your feeling better. you also left your arcade stick at my place so ill bring it to you soon.

Doll: "Dr Jones, Dr Jones!!!" LOL like a MOFO!!! j/k man its all in good fun. way to lead us to the V in Crews. i squandered like hell. Next time ill be ready to play.

DJ Kiwii!!! OMFG! thats about all i can say. your mad cool to chill with. smashing with you was fun. im glad you dident curse me out like you did everyone else that weekend! Ill Catch you in Richmond soon. <3

Geos!!!!: you totally ***** me. ill get my revenge soon. good **** like all weekend.

Cyrain: your a fukcing "G". i cant wait to get up to richmond and go nuts with you soon. we should team sometime.

Caboose: new to the sova scene but you made an impression on me sir. id like to actually play you some time.

Toasty: your getting really good man. i havent had to many matches with you as of late. lets break that trend.

Cstick: your awesome. lets battle again soon!

Kitsune: Your funny as hell man. always a pleasure my Asian brother

Slash talon: sorry we dident get to run Halo2. good **** bringing a set up also. we should 1v1 soon

Dragon Charlz: after saturday night i know why they call you "Dragon"...lolz

Sen: Always good to have you around man. your comic wit holds up to mine, as does your love for gaming. till next time.

Burning Duck: your peach is coming along well. good shizzle in teams. lets Peach ditto? (even though Dittos suck).

Vinve AKA "V": we need to get in more matches. good to see you at another event.

Egg Sniper. That yoshi is too good. Let play again soon. i love practice against yoshi's.

Wiggles: the best for last bro. thanks for all the help that weekend with food and such.

Anyone i missed: thanks to all that came out. to hell with everyone against singles. your all scrubtastic!

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't attribute you not coming back to your loss of money , just say it was because you were sick and you didnt get more opportunities to win money.

Or blame it on Ether not showing up, whatever works.

If I had won teams I would have made 15, if I had won crews I would have made 5, I spent more than 20 this weekend.

It was not possible for me to make a profit.

Epic Chill was clearly everytime I talked to wiggles.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, someone let me know, like 2 weeks in advance when you're going to play in Richmond, because I definitely want to catch a ride up there. Team Richmond is too good.

burningduck

Smash Rookie
hey guys fun *** time
o-no- as always fun timez at the house we should peach ditto sometimes i need all the practice i can get

doll-peach is godly. thanks for teachin me the new tricks and for leading the draft crew to 10$ we need to get some friendlies in at richmond biweekly

tope-sorry to see the sickness all weekend but as always sheik is amazing

kitsune-u constantly squander and we always seem to play in tournaments its complete bs.

toasty-i can tell since the last time we played that ur ness and pikachu have reached new levels. we should keep practicing and learn how to kick peachs ***

ivar-young link ftw. craziness but start to di alot more i was catchin u with marth tip all game keep working at it and ull own me soon

wiggles- good lookin out with the lasanguna (however u spell it) and the breadsticks oo and thanks for getting kiwi drunk i enjoyed the entertainment of hearing everyone scream throughout the house

ether-nice job taking down doll and tope and good friendlies

cstick-thanks for telling kitsune how to stop playing bad :/ haha fun times we gotta friendly somemore cuz ur capt keeps ****** me

dean-sova yoshi all day

cyrain-way to just squander through the crew battles and get 5$ without playing. thats what the pros do

whodat-nice friendlies against the ice climbers we should keep playing. ill try to not be fox so much next time

mashi-where were u day 2??? i mean we didnt have singles but wtf

rest of richmond- fun times getting to know some of yall. see ya on the 22nd and 23rd

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I missed everyone at the honors college "teambuilding" bull****. I look forward to seeing everyone as soon as possible; no "let's love and trust another" circle jerk will keep me from good times in SoVa again. I was planning on bailing on it, but they were going to charge anyone who didn't attend $75. >_<

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I'm at Mt St Marys on the 28th, and American university (wtf?) on the 29th...

i know Mt St Marys is in North Maryland

VMI is near Richmond right?
I'm up there oct 12-13, and then playing at the University of Richmond itself the 20
At VCU Oct 27

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Who is all planing on going to C3?
i think i may be going but if i do i may also try to stay for the Richmond biweekly.

let me know who wants to get down. i may end up driving and if provided gas monies, be willing to have people tag along.
YES! C3 is going to fuxx with epicness. Everyone should try to attend.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Who's driving to richmond. I will throw down gas money, but I don't drive.

Someone hook a brother up.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Ether, we're going to Richmond, not Suffolk.

****, Gusto's won't deliver that far.

I call bull****.

Ether

Smash Ace
XD, well I figured that if everyone pitches in $5, and we load the car up and sit in each other's laps, the ride should be inexpensive. I mean, Slash had the right idea, with the condom wrapper and all.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
this jank is kinda far. if i roll up there im doing it hardcore.
Im down to drive, but i shall need 30$ COLLECTIVELY, in gas funds (however much from who evers going....give or take) and ill also need housing on saturday night from team richmond.

so since im broke im pretty much selling rides up to C3 and Richmond..... To the highest bidders.....o-no needs money.....and entry fees aint free.....just like freedom....or the most delectable fewd stuffs for that matter.

slash talon....WTF is CSTICK doing in your SIG!?!?!

lolz

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice

lolz
Lmao...Too good. Cstick, you should do that before your matches. Maybe you will throw people off with the Peter Parker Groove (PPG, your secret technique).

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Maybe you will throw people off with the Peter Parker Groove (PPG, your secret technique).
haha, mindgames! I need to play more people who don't know about Robert De Niro so I can employ that delicious mindf*ck of a comment..."yo, doesn't that b*tch look like Robert De Niro??? No, you can't even tell me he doesn't! Lookit that profile! It's f*ckin Robert De Niro!!!"

Gum

Smash Journeyman
haha, mindgames! I need to play more people who don't know about Robert De Niro so I can employ that delicious mindf*ck of a comment..."yo, doesn't that b*tch look like Robert De Niro??? No, you can't even tell me he doesn't! Lookit that profile! It's f*ckin Robert De Niro!!!"
I actually said that to some guys in the retro room, and they couldn't deny it...that ***** IS robert de niro. I squandered hardcore, shoulda been at that crew battle. I did gander that crazy yoshi combos. good **** dean.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, I play with three other people who are alright, they only specialize in certain characters though

Tanner
smash name is Sven - he's ICs main basically

Tim is a link main, really solid link, he's good against high tiers and top tiers

tom is a marth/cf main, pretty good tech skill, we could have like a CNU team audition

bring your scrubs and I'll bring mine

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
this jank is kinda far. if i roll up there im doing it hardcore.
Im down to drive, but i shall need 30$ COLLECTIVELY, in gas funds (however much from who evers going....give or take) and ill also need housing on saturday night from team richmond.

so since im broke im pretty much selling rides up to C3 and Richmond..... To the highest bidders.....o-no needs money.....and entry fees aint free.....just like freedom....or the most delectable fewd stuffs for that matter.

lolz
Yo son, I'll throw down duckets to get there. Probably about 10, or so. Depending on how many people are riding. Definitely throwing down though.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
I thought we were talking about the Bi-Weekly.

Sorry for the n00bness, but what/when/where is C3?

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Hm i can do 10 for the rizzide up to C3.

thing is, if i get this new job.. i wont be sure if i'll get the weekend off.. soo.. if i do get it off i'm so down.. otherwise i may just ride w/ mashi to richmond on sunday.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Ugh. So far, the only playing I get to do is at Fests. Is anyone doing anything today/tomorrow/this weekend? Friendlies at all?

I want to get better, I hate feeling like you guys only keep me around for cheap food.

I love this game, but for Christ's sake, I don't even know how to wavedash.

Help out a brother. If anyone is smashing this weekend, let me know, so I can try to get out to where ever it's at.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
I have a cube, need smash and a memory card.

Right now, In really enjoy playing mario, so I'll probably main him. I really just need to people to play against or to train me well enough to be able to win a couple every once in a while.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
well, i don't do too well training people... tried it already w/ some friends. from experience.. just do what ether said.. watch vids and practice on computers, because honestly.. i dont think you'll get much from playing others until you understand the game to a certain degree.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
I just tend to understand, and work better with people.

I know what all the **** is, mostly, but I can't do them just from "knowing" how. I don't know how to explain it, but interaction is a big part of my own learning process.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Yeah, for me just playing against friends of equal skill level of my own started a base, then playing people like Ether, Toasty, and Kits helped me learn exactly what i needed to work on

Top Bottom