• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'm canceling if no one shows by 5pm.
exact reason why I'm quiting, or quit. No offense but Stars is not reliable. They say they are coming, but then just cheat. Personally I enjoy playing people I don't play everyday. I don't like playing at home by myself, that's not enjoyable. I've played one serious player in the past month and that's Oro? and he's quiting to play street fighter. Where does that leave me? By myself, not worth it, rather have lazy fun and play on xbox. Malco works too much, Stars says they are coming and they don't, and so on. Nothing against yall at all, but I would rather have a more consistant LOCAL scene then whats going on. Haven't been to a fest since a week after pound? ehhh naw mayne not for me.

I actually thought about hosting tournaments around here, talked to gamestop people about it and they are down, but really there's no point. No one will show up and it'd be either me malco or oro? facing each other in the finals. Like I said nothing against anyone else but personally I'd rather be in a more active scene. I love the game to death, won't completely stop playing it, but I'm not going to be serious about a game I have to travel 2-4 hours to actually compete in a tournament.

That being said I'm not trying to change what anyone is doing or anything along those lines, I'm simply excluding myself from it. I'm tired of hoping for the best of Sova and being repeatably let down. Continue training those that are and put SOVA on the MAP!

JWolf

Smash Cadet

Meh I tend to say things that probably shouldn't have been said when I high-ish. I'm usually chill but my court date is exactly a week from now. And about 4 days ago I found out that my Dad and my Step mom are getting a divorce so there goes my chances on getting out of Gloucester and away from my mom. But I'm not feeling for my step mom or my dad. I'm more worried about my little brother and sister because my dad left me and my mom when I was about 5 and my lil sis is 2 and my lil brother is 8. So if he leaves and does what he did to me and my little brother I will never forgive him because I know how they may grow up now.

So yeah run down on my life at the moment.
Meh, well I have a court day for illegal possesion of alchohol want to trade? I'd much rather have yours than mine my dude. Speeding? haha weaksauce. Also, my dad left my mom about 10 years ago and hasn't paid child support since. Also, he has a death threat on her and my step mom who he also had a kid with and left the same way. My only step brother hates me and my 9 year old sister but hangs out with my 15 year old sister. He also has a death threat on my step mothers. Oh wait, I have a little sister at the age of 7 that I never knew about till this year. I could go on, but silly excuses about personal lifes don't exclude you from what you do on boards and to your friends. Little know this about me and I try not to use this as a Weapon, because that's just lame. If you have something to say don't blame it on being drunk or high later, say it in the same post or don't say it at all.

Sorry for double post. Just caught up after I posted first post.

Ether

Smash Ace
JWolf, I'm sorry man! For missing your IM and for everything in your life. My life's been a little rough, too. Not as bad, I guess.

I ended up hanging with some friends all night and playing Yugioh, actually. >_> I was really in the mood for smash, but thought I posted the event too last minute.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
nah mane don't worry about it. Ill still show up at fest and what not but I'm not going to take it as seriously as I used. Probably won't play outside of those and tourneys. I love the game but the scene here is lacking. Yu gi oh is fun tho. I enjoy it with friends but use their deck. I play a lot outside of smash but pulled it on hold for smash. No worries though keep doing what yall doing.

Also, I shouldn't of taken that nap if I wanted to play. Just really tired and thought mad people would be there

rhan

Smash Hero
Wow Rhan...I'm so sorry to hear that :(

I was just lookin out because the angriest kid I knew in high school was also the biggest pothead and he had a lot of **** happen in his life that he decided to ignore and never deal with...he was, instead, satisfied with putting holes in his wall and hitting his steering wheel so hard and with no restraint that he broke his hand.

*sigh*
No sympaythy please. It's life.

But thanks for the look out. I see you as the older brother I never had Toasty. lol

No offense but Stars is not reliable. They say they are coming, but then just cheat.
None taken because I feel EXACTLY THE SAME WAY! Ever since the main driver to places can't drive they have had NO initiative to do ANYTHING. Which is one reason why I'm cutting down on how much time and effort I put into this scene anymore. Honestly I wanted to live with my dad because the VA Beach scene seemed more active and more enjoyable. Especially during Winter Break. I loved staying down tehre and playing with you guys about every day at Etehr's. I miss it. :(

Pitzer drives but pu$$y's out often.
Theo's situation is understandable because he doesn't live in this area anymore.
Shaden drives but doesn't like to due to his ****ed up pedal. But that's still not an excuse when you are capable on going places.

It's like once I lose my license STARS just fell off. How is the farther person from the scene (WHo isn't that great at this game) put more dedication into the scene then they people who are 10x better than me? It makes no sense.

Now time to read the rest of you post...

exact reason why I'm quiting, or quit. No offense but Stars is not reliable. They say they are coming, but then just cheat. Personally I enjoy playing people I don't play everyday. I don't like playing at home by myself, that's not enjoyable. I've played one serious player in the past month and that's Oro? and he's quiting to play street fighter. Where does that leave me? By myself, not worth it, rather have lazy fun and play on xbox. Malco works too much, Stars says they are coming and they don't, and so on. Nothing against yall at all, but I would rather have a more consistant LOCAL scene then whats going on. Haven't been to a fest since a week after pound? ehhh naw mayne not for me.

I actually thought about hosting tournaments around here, talked to gamestop people about it and they are down, but really there's no point. No one will show up and it'd be either me malco or oro? facing each other in the finals. Like I said nothing against anyone else but personally I'd rather be in a more active scene. I love the game to death, won't completely stop playing it, but I'm not going to be serious about a game I have to travel 2-4 hours to actually compete in a tournament.

That being said I'm not trying to change what anyone is doing or anything along those lines, I'm simply excluding myself from it. I'm tired of hoping for the best of Sova and being repeatably let down. Continue training those that are and put SOVA on the MAP!
I'm still down with putting SoVA down. But I can't really do anything now until I'm able to get a reliable source of transportaion. I mean I have my mom bit that's only to Newport News and back. And maybe Tina but she only was so kind enough to take me with her when she went to work. So right now to me is seems like the main people dedicated are crippled by the law or relationship trouble.

Meh, well I have a court day for illegal possesion of alchohol want to trade? I'd much rather have yours than mine my dude. Speeding? haha weaksauce. Also, my dad left my mom about 10 years ago and hasn't paid child support since. Also, he has a death threat on her and my step mom who he also had a kid with and left the same way. My only step brother hates me and my 9 year old sister but hangs out with my 15 year old sister. He also has a death threat on my step mothers. Oh wait, I have a little sister at the age of 7 that I never knew about till this year. I could go on, but silly excuses about personal lifes don't exclude you from what you do on boards and to your friends. Little know this about me and I try not to use this as a Weapon, because that's just lame. If you have something to say don't blame it on being drunk or high later, say it in the same post or don't say it at all.

Sorry for double post. Just caught up after I posted first post.
I'd probably trade. I can just play the "I have a problem" card. Then just do some time in rehab.

Meh I guess recently I've been using drugs to cover up what's inside. But I honestly do that in general. Not with drugs but more often with humor. I try to be funny to try and cover up the sorrow within.

I'll stop there I don't want depression to spread across this thread. :/

But we seem to have simular lives.

JWolf, I'm sorry man! For missing your IM and for everything in your life. My life's been a little rough, too. Not as bad, I guess.

I ended up hanging with some friends all night and playing Yugioh, actually. >_> I was really in the mood for smash, but thought I posted the event too last minute.
Why didn't you tell me you play YuGioh? Archfiends/Morphtronics want new blood! >:D

Oro?

Smash Rookie
OMG! rhan no one cares about your personal life on the boards. You are a slu t and nothing but one. You have a court date for speeding which means absolutly nothing kid. Why u post on the boards? i have no clue you are a bad player..cmon dog u play young link. that means you will never be above average in the smash community. so like what? you say halo, tekken and street fighter are better than smash but your probably bad at those games also. No nevermind not probably you are bad at those games too. how i can tell? cuz ur just a bad person. you went to pound and got smacked by everyone you played (probably in friendlies too). then walked around crying about it. like did u seriously think u could get outta first round pools? no. ur a meg.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
So one of Sova's best players is quitting, all the others can't drive and dont like each other anyway?

Glad I live in Richmond now.

rhan

Smash Hero
Haha Oro is butthurt about something obviously your friend/crewmate post about the same info yet you attack me?

LOL fake azz niigga. This bad player beat your Marth on multiple occasions so I don't know where you're comming from with all that hostility.

Oro?

Smash Rookie
ok but hes not complaining about it on smashboards...

hahahahahahaha you have never beaten me outside of team matches. i would never lose to a young link player of your caliber. i wreck your samus everytime we play..your just bad at everything man. just quit.

rhan

Smash Hero
I wasn't complaining either you dunce. lol I was stating what I was going through and relating it to Toasty's story. haha

It's funny how you left out Sheik and only named the characters with high disadvantages against Marth. lol

Please just stop talking.

I'm not trying to drag this out to some bull**** bashfest. Just do you and I'll do me.

Oro?

Smash Rookie
i only played your sheik once and i won .

and you yourself have a disadvantage against anybody.

i will beat your sheik with my young link hahahhahahahahaha

CStick

Smash Lord
I'm in the same boat. I have also decided to not go to HERB 2. I have time to change my mind, as I already have those days off, but... three days of sex...three days of getting pwned by campy spacies and Marths...three days of sex...three days of getting pwnded by campy spacies and Marths...

Such a hard decision...

It's really hard to get good at this game. They need to make a new Super Smash that uses Melee's engine so we can just play online.

I want to try and possibly hold get-togethers on Tuesday afternoons. I know that's hard for you high-schoolers and some of the college guys, but it is the only guaranteed time I have to myself (and that fact right there makes me less inclined to smash so I can go out and do what I need to get done in some cases).

Either way, none of y'all are quitting; you're just doing what everyone else in SoVA does: getting a job, a girlfriend, a degree, and XboxLive.

Priorities, son. We'll all get back into it soon.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Just come to Unrelenting Bravery, it'll fix your melee problems. <3

Also, I'm going to HERB, I expect to see you all there!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
LOLLLLL...

Redd...

Traveling to a tourney...

HILARIOUS...

10boss8s

***** missed Pound 4 and he was RIGHT. THERE.
Lawl, this running joke is pretty funny. <3

I had a bus ticket I'd already purchased and I had to go back to Tech on Sunday. =)

Also **** Boss he ain't funny LOL

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Look, we've got stuff to take care of. I don't understand why you're questioning us.
This.

Honestly just let us handle things don't try and front like everything is always dandy and nothing is ever wrong. **** will be handled here, but till then don't voice your negative opinions. Let us do us and handle things as we please don't "wtf" us or whatever. People have differences and in the end they are resolved.

Met

Smash Ace
This.

Honestly just let us handle things don't try and front like everything is always dandy and nothing is ever wrong. **** will be handled here, but till then don't voice your negative opinions. Let us do us and handle things as we please don't "wtf" us or whatever. People have differences and in the end they are resolved.
this

is exactly why people are going wtf you guys are so mad just chill

i played smash with this guy in high school and his parents were murdered when he was 12

and he didn't complain and tell everyone how crappy his life was.

man up yall this is a board for smash brothers if you want to talk about your life go to the pool room.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Lawl, this running joke is pretty funny. <3

I had a bus ticket I'd already purchased and I had to go back to Tech on Sunday. =)

Also **** Boss he ain't funny LOL
wtf?! then why would you tell me "OMG I'M AN IDIOT I COULD HAVE TOTALLY GONE TO POUND" after months of saying "hell yeah I'm going to Pound! I'm teaming with Doll!"

Just sayin :)

JWolf

Smash Cadet
this

is exactly why people are going wtf you guys are so mad just chill

i played smash with this guy in high school and his parents were murdered when he was 12

and he didn't complain and tell everyone how crappy his life was.

man up yall this is a board for smash brothers if you want to talk about your life go to the pool room.
Little know this about me and I try not to use this as a Weapon, because that's just lame
Kay. Your right, I shouldn't be taking like this on the boards, I wasn't making a point or anything that would simply be obscene.

So like, I'm sick and stuff, and I called out, so does anybody want to come over and play smash and get sick?
When? I might try to come when I sober up a little.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Wow Rhan...I'm so sorry to hear that :(

I was just lookin out because the angriest kid I knew in high school was also the biggest pothead and he had a lot of **** happen in his life that he decided to ignore and never deal with...he was, instead, satisfied with putting holes in his wall and hitting his steering wheel so hard and with no restraint that he broke his hand.

*sigh*
thats how men deal with anger
This reminds me of a certain tournament where I wanted to friendly Ether but he literally couldnt because...

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Everything's been straightened out. I want to record matches at ether's by VCR.
video capture device is coming in the mail soon, so...
you know, i'm getting rustier by the day ;/
i lost my ability to NOT sd with falco. so ether, what day? please let it be a weekend. friday... sat... sun...

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Okay wtf, everyone here so so ****in hostile towards each other. Inb4IVcomesandtalksandmakesanewcowincident
I really didnt plan on getting involved with the sova drama, but I had to address this

Were you even around when Cow posted his nonsense? He came up in here talkin sooooo much **** on ALL of sova basically being tons of arrogant and actually insulting people (without the humorous part that I like to inject) without even knowing some of them. I decided to stand up for sova because I knew it was a scene worth defending...

...but now I am seriously disappointed, as DJ has expressed. Its kind of ironic how ether/cstick are the only ones supporting the scene when just a while ago, they were pretty much MIA and we were like "****, where the hell did the squirtle squad go?" I am really impartial to the insults being flung about to people whom none of us really know on a personal level anyway, but people seem to deem speakable nonetheless. HOWEVER, I cannot let the insults that oro? is giving to rhan pass. While I realize that most of the things posted on swf are in humor and arent to be taken seriously, what was said to rhan as a direct personal attack on who he is a person and how he decides to make decisions in general is just wrong. Ur a chill guy, oro, but I wont just sit back and watch u insult my friend like that. It's not cool at all.

also, money match?

that is, the next time i see you? And "you" in the inclusive sense of ALL of KF because i PLAN on seeing ALL of you, including JWolf, next time I am in town. Stars really could not go to anything this weekend because I was in town and so was my cousin from Hawaii whom we are only able to see ever 6 months or so. I actually drained about 2+ full tanks of gas this past week trying to make sure I could see my family/cousins/friends and work around their busy schedules, and without going into too much personal detail (which seems to be offensive to people in sova now for some reason) we really could not make the time to get down to norfolk. I suppose shaeman thought we might be able to because I, as a smasher, was in town, but I, as a family member, could not make it down

Jwolf, you might have a problem with stars' constantly pulling out of commitments to go to events, but I think that really just means shaeman should stop constantly saying that he/we can go to stuff without first working out the logistics. Its possible that he first shows interest in attending an event and expresses it by saying that he is "down for coming" when that really only means "would like to come but has to check and see if he really can come and most likely cant by just looking at the sheer number of events i have said that I am interested in attending and havent attended..."

tl;dr

-alex u dont even know what cow came up in here and started himself
-dont talk personal **** on someone u dont even know
-this weekend was really bad for all of stars to make it to ether's, but thats no excuse considering...
-...shaden should stop making it seem like he can go when most of the time he is just showing interest in attending

seriously, man, do know how much stars' attendance influences what other people decide to do? ether, for one, has to decide whether or not to host and graciously provide pizza, and other people decide whether or not to attend based on if others are coming. -_-"

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I was trying to make it happen. i didn't say we were going, i said we'd try, which was showing interest in attending. Maybe i came off making it seem like we were attending, but i was simply suggesting ideas.
Alex, seriously, there's times to speak and times to chill the **** out.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I was trying to make it happen. i didn't say we were going, i said we'd try, which was showing interest in attending. Maybe i came off making it seem like we were attending, but i was simply suggesting ideas.
Alex, seriously, there's times to speak and times to chill the **** out.
i know, i know, but im just looking at how other people take it

seriously, i understand how it was this weekend, cuz i was with u LOL

and, yeah, ALEX; what he said :)

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Jwolf is right I do work a lot, but I want to go to a fest with all my SOVA buds there! I know that ether secretly thinks I suck! I read your blog Vince. I cant believe you! I would make fun of your smash skills but you can beat me over your knee like a child. I wanna get better I honestly do. I feel there is too much negativity. And I know if we were together more we'd all be ****. But since that cant happen like we want we wont get good as fast. I personally have a car and can (if I wanted to) drive anywhere to any fest or smash event in Sova when people say they're meeting up. I feel Im a pretty nice guy but I still get cheated by STARS, Mashi, Jwolf, and ORO?. These are all my close smash buds but they all bring me down and not make me want to play. But I keep playing cause I like it and I like them. Lets get along show more support for one another and there's no way we cant get better if were constantly learning about the game. TOGETHER. Brawl cats seem to get along just fine, but were playing "the better game". Soo. Whats the point if were not even having fun?

EDIT: And Schoolie Dee.

Top Bottom