• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
alwayzzzzzzzz

hax: it's gonna be like every wednesday at like 3pm randomly i don't know why but a friend of mine is doing it. you do not win money though but random prizes aha. cause it's gambling supposedly. i'll let you know details when i know.
word up, 3s when i get off work.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
alwayzzzzzzzz

hax: it's gonna be like every wednesday at like 3pm randomly i don't know why but a friend of mine is doing it. you do not win money though but random prizes aha. cause it's gambling supposedly. i'll let you know details when i know.
man, if u would just beat me even once at this game...u might be ok at this game then

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Something like that, I can play whoever though. $5-10?

MM $5, winner gets to main win.

no, allow me to play this MM XD
win was always my dream char.

EDIT: BOOSE LEE! I have a poster of bruce lee in my room that i've treasured since i was 10. but i think i'm finally ready for change.

tapes cabooses face to poster*

JWolf

Smash Cadet
http://www.mlgpro.com/content/news/302153/MLG-Announces-First-2010-Pro-Circuit-Details

An All-Out Brawl
The Super Smash Bros. series is deeply intertwined with MLG’s roots, and we are thrilled to announce that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii will be joining the Pro Circuit in 2010, marking a triumphant return for the franchise. With an intensely devoted fanbase and a fiercely high level of competition, Brawl will undoubtedly find itself right at home alongside the Pro Circuit’s other world-class titles.

* Registration for MLG Orlando Opens March 17 at 7pm ET
* The top 16 ranked players overall will earn pro status following the second Live Competition
* Over $60,000 in season prizes. Full prize list
* The first Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier registration opens on March 15, and competition begins on March 29.
* More info coming soon!

=[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
and we are "thrilled" to announce that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii will be joining the Pro Circuit in 2010, marking a "triumphant" return for the franchise.

With an "intensely devoted fanbase" and a "fiercely" high level of "competition"
wait till they get a load of how boring the game is.
i give it 6 months tops.

this is just gona make all other gamers look down on smash now... =[

D0N

Smash Ace
lol they already look down on smash anyway. well at least the fighting game communities, I don't know about the others

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
and we are "thrilled" to announce that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii will be joining the Pro Circuit in 2010, marking a "triumphant" return for the franchise.

With an "intensely devoted fanbase" and a "fiercely" high level of "competition"
wait till they get a load of how boring the game is.
i give it 6 months tops.

this is just gona make all other gamers look down on smash now... =[
my sentiments ex-****ing-actly

rhan

Smash Hero
That's not trash talk. That's called a "fact". You should have learned that in remedial English.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i guess i can't beat crystalnite. you right.
That's not trash talk. That's called a "fact". You should have learned that in remedial English.
LOL

let me stop trollin before i get myself ***** in a money match

seriously though, mashi whats up with all this brawl??

I thought u would be over that by now

What happened to MELEE, the love of ALL saiyans?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Its not like melee wasnt in MLG before and on top of that they got **** talked all the time by every other gaming community that attended MLG

Pretty much every other game **** talks the other but they always gang up on trying to **** talk smash

also melee had its chance in MLG stop being bitter

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lolx. i play both. i just rarely have the time to travel. i play whatever people are playing. brawl seems to be most active though. well around va beach i mean. i'm trying to go to mlg orlando though. trying to get active in the scene again and be part of a team or something. lolx.

rhan

Smash Hero
lolx. i play both. i just rarely have the time to travel. i play whatever people are playing. brawl seems to be most active though. well around va beach i mean. i'm trying to go to mlg orlando though. trying to get active in the scene again and be part of a team or something. lolx.
That's only because you missed out in all of Ether's fest and Csticks fest. That were at as far apart as every other weekend/week. They recently stopped those about a week after Pound 4.

It's Melee's break time. You just weren't around for the activity.

EDIT:

Its not like melee wasnt in MLG before and on top of that they got **** talked all the time by every other gaming community that attended MLG

Pretty much every other game **** talks the other but they always gang up on trying to **** talk smash

also melee had its chance in MLG stop being bitter
LOL People are mad but honestly I really don't give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm not quiting Halo or MAH EFFING DR. PEPPER over some game that got accepted into the MLG circut.

Y'all can have your 15 minutes of fame. Just expect people to complain.

Ether

Smash Ace
lmfao melee is so ****.

No smash today, guyz, the place is still hella cluttered. Not my fault though, it's all Lisa's stuff. She still hasn't moved her stuff out, and boxes are everywhere, and she's still trying to play like she doesn't owe half the rent with her name on the lease and ****. I say this not to whine like a little *****, but to show that it might be a little while longer before I can host.

<3 sova

D0N

Smash Ace
Not paying rent!? Ether... I think its time you called up judge mathis...

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
judge maybelline, son!

glad to see ether on top of his pimp status once again

also, about this mlg thing: brawl will likely go the same way as melee; i project, however, that it will be dejected more quickly than melee was

my predictions tend to be right too

CStick

Smash Lord
lmfao melee is so ****.

No smash today, guyz, the place is still hella cluttered. Not my fault though, it's all Lisa's stuff. She still hasn't moved her stuff out, and boxes are everywhere, and she's still trying to play like she doesn't owe half the rent with her name on the lease and ****. I say this not to whine like a little *****, but to show that it might be a little while longer before I can host.

<3 sova
:(

When you're ready to smash, just post the time. You know me; I show up hella late, lol.

Also, HERB is not looking good for me right now. I'm still trying to figure out the details. Money isn't the problem as is getting the weekend free. A load of priorities just fell on me and I may have to stick around.

I'm also feeling bad for not playing smash for about a month now. I'm gonna try and hold a fest/get-together soon. I'm thinking Tuesday afternoon after school hours if people would be fine with that.

CStick

Smash Lord
judge maybelline, son!

glad to see ether on top of his pimp status once again

also, about this mlg thing: brawl will likely go the same way as melee; i project, however, that it will be dejected more quickly than melee was

my predictions tend to be right too
Melee wasn't really dejected as it was dropped due to the fact that a couple other games had way larger populations to profit from, ruin, and take advantage of support for the sake of the competitive gaming scene.

Brawl however will be dejected since it is a flat-out terrible game. I also don't see many Brawl MLG tourneys showing very promising numbers since most of the Brawl players seem to rely on their moms to get them to tourneys. Even if SF players slam Melee for being a kids' game, almost all of them that knew anything about competitive gaming could at least see the competitive side to it (even if they would the detract and say that SF and related games were better, true fighters). But with Brawl, well... It really is a kids' game. It will not get hated on for being different; it will get hated on for just being bad. the moment someone trips in a tourney match at MLG is when the game will lose any seriousness it ever had going for it.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
Melee wasn't really dejected as it was dropped due to the fact that a couple other games had way larger populations to profit from, ruin, and take advantage of support for the sake of the competitive gaming scene.

Brawl however will be dejected since it is a flat-out terrible game. I also don't see many Brawl MLG tourneys showing very promising numbers since most of the Brawl players seem to rely on their moms to get them to tourneys. Even if SF players slam Melee for being a kids' game, almost all of them that knew anything about competitive gaming could at least see the competitive side to it (even if they would the detract and say that SF and related games were better, true fighters). But with Brawl, well... It really is a kids' game. It will not get hated on for being different; it will get hated on for just being bad. the moment someone trips in a tourney match at MLG is when the game will lose any seriousness it ever had going for it.

C-Stick does make a good point.

Top Bottom