• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
naw man no need to sandbag and be mean...

...just sandbag before the tourney...oh...wait.
Fixed.

What I meant was: we don't want people getting scared away by how "serious" we are. you don't have to sandbag of course, because I probably won't either haha =D I'll totally rock Lucas and Peach though ^_^

CABOOSE!!! PEACH VS. FALCONNNNN!!!!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
soul calibur IV. due to genius ploys of marketing +1, vader is exclusive to ps3 and yoda to 360

and oh man i imagine the formerly awesome peach/cf matchup must be incredibly boring in brawl T_T

rhan

Smash Hero
Star Wars characters on Soul Caliber is a bad idea. (My opinion I'm entitled to it)

How could you even think about mixing the two?

rhan

Smash Hero
toasty said:
When you realize that your franchise needed something to save it from failing...
I relize that. But that for me ruined that game. I mean I like Star Wars. But putting them into a game that take place during the feudal era? Now that just doesn't make any sense to me.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I relize that. But that for me ruined that game. I mean I like Star Wars. But putting them into a game that take place during the feudal era? Now that just doesn't make any sense to me.
come to think of it. they did put heihatchi/spawn/link into Soul Calibur 2

rhan

Smash Hero
Orochi Riku said:
come to think of it. they did put heihatchi/spawn/link into Soul Calibur 2
Yeah. They was in the game for what ever system you bought it for. Link is a reasonable character. The other 2 not so much. I guess it is a good way to promote a game. Soul Caliber 2 will always be my fave out of them all.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
toasty: it depends on how im doing in brawl. considering ive played any form of smash like...twice since school ended, im probably not very good in either game right now >_>
kadaj: yeeyahz def up for playing you

::ahem:: mortal kombat vs. DC comics. that is all.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hey slash did you need my ps3 controller? or no lol. and i'm pretty much ready to play whenever. if anyone wanna play early hit me up!!! text/call =P

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
::ahem:: mortal kombat vs. DC comics. that is all.
aw, beat me to it, totally forgot to mention it...

but yo, no worries on not being as good, I'm sure you've still retained a good deal of skill and you're smart as ****, so I'm not worried about it =D

Kadaj: I wish I could :(

This week should basically be considered as me going out of town until like...Monday August 4th :( :( :(

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
yeeeeesssssssssS its gonna be epic SON lol

Toasty: its cool if we can't team at hi score :( I'll just be teaming with Forte then.............................................................................
...........................................................................................................................................................................................Naw I'm just kidding but I'll be teaming with FEAR then.

And of course we are definitly gonna **** at Jubilee *pound*

As for SC4 Maxi, and Dark Vader is all that comes to mind :grin: just the thought of a force choking spinning lightsaber critical finish keeps me up at night

O yea I'll never forgive you khalil for knocking that "intercom" off of my chest that one match we had rolf

Toasty: its cool we'll play whenever your able to :)

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Yo if anyone wants to smash tomorrow after 8pm then give me a call 757 593-8366. I will be hosting so i will give you directions to my place if needed.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
When you realize that your franchise needed something to save it from failing...
The Soul Calibur franchise wasn't dying. It was just to make people smile, and to advertise The Force Unleashed. I think they could have accomplished the same the first with some other characters and not Star Wars ones. I still think they should have had Dante and Nero from Devil May Cry 4, and then Kratos from God of War. They would have tranitioned perfectly into Soul Calibur. Doesn't matter though Pretty much all of the actual real characters are better than all three of the star wars characters.

Taki >>>> Yoda, Darth Vader (note that it is DARTH not DARK noobs), Starkiller.

Mashi: I figurd out how to use Ivy in SC4. She's ridiciulous as always. The 360 controls with the control stick are so much better than th PS3 version.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha she's the best =P. did you figure out how to change stances yet? haha

Gum

Smash Journeyman
haha she's the best =P. did you figure out how to change stances yet? haha
Yes indeed I did. Its cool cuz they set up the game to where you have to switch her whip modes mid combo make your own combos link together properly, moreso than the last two games basically. Her air combos are too good, but Im still gonna main Taki. She is sooo good in SC4. Setsuka is impossible.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Ivy and Taki r the S**T. Talim was only good it SC 2 but then they nerfed her.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah exactly. She was amazing in 2 but in 3 and 4 shes not that great. She is pretty good in 4, but not like in 2. Tira got a huge boost in 4 though.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Who else is broken in 4 you ask?

yoda cuz you cant grab him, and taki cant even air grab him. he has no power though. The star wars characters are pretty mediocre at best. Starkiller is pretty beast but his low attacks suck so you can really only be effective using mid and high so he is easy to GI and parry. Ivy and Setsuka are godly but they are incredibly hard to use now. Taki is still amazing and that new chick Hilde is sick. She is like the guile of SC4.

Oh yeah also, Games 'N' Trade is hosting a Soul Calibur 4 tourney next weekend for anyone who is interested.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
so yea i just saw a trailer saying SC IV comes out...in two days? how do you guys have it now?
it also appears that khalil is attracted to characters with boobie physics
EDIT: ok so i just watched the two crit finish montages on GT and it seems theyve upped the fanservice even more and must've lost their original voice actors or just paid them with alcohol this time around

ALSO:
http://www.theanimationblog.com/2008/07/26/first-video-of-pixars-up/
first teaser of the new pixar movie. though the link in that article to the list of upcoming movies ticks me off. two years of just toy story...>_>

im not off topic. these are not the droids you are looking for.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
so yea i just saw a trailer saying SC IV comes out...in two days? how do you guys have it now?
it also appears that khalil is attracted to characters with boobie physics

ALSO:
http://www.theanimationblog.com/2008/07/26/first-video-of-pixars-up/
first teaser of the new pixar movie. though the link in that article to the list of upcoming movies ticks me off. two years of just toy story...>_>
Pssh who's not attracted to characters with boobie physics? My effin girlfriend is attracted to characters with boobie physics.

To answer your question though, me and Slash work at this game store now, and we got copies of SC4 like 3 days ago, so we have both been playing it.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
too goods. i remember this lol. i like the rejected cartoons =P. okay lol who is going to chu dat's biweekly? i'm just curious =P. hmm also who is free to play tomorrow? =P. melee or brawl =P. <3

Top Bottom