• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
thanks for texting back slash. </3.

anyways haha since it's teams, who wants to team with me at HSG? (if jeff don't wanna)

CStick

Smash Lord
well...crap came up today, and I couldnt smash

what annoyed me was, while I was trying to tend to this emergency problem...

MESSAGE TO UNREALPERSON:

CALLING MY PHONE EVERY TEN MINUTES IS NOT GOING TO MAGICALLY MAKE ME ANSWER THE IT, ESPECIALLY IF I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING IMPORTANT! I'VE TOLD YOU ONCE, AND I'LL TELL YOU AGAIN: CALL ONCE - AND I MEAN JUST ONCE - AND SHOULD I NOT ANSWER THE PHONE, LEAVE A VOICE MESSAGE! I'LL CALL YOU BACK WHENEVER I CAN!

CStick

Smash Lord
you called me six times...

yea man, I almost got in trouble for it. Please just drop a text or voice message, or just call once. My phone shows how many missed calls I have since I last used it, so I will call you back whenever I can.

and sorry for the rudeness, just a bad day for me. But - like some people here - I'm in the mood to grab a woman by the neck and unleash my rage upon her.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha i'm saying jeffffff that if you reject me lol i'll go for someone elsee but if you saying yes thennnnnnn let's dooo eeeeet *hug five*

JWolf

Smash Cadet
haha i'm saying jeffffff that if you reject me lol i'll go for someone elsee but if you saying yes thennnnnnn let's dooo eeeeet *hug five*
LEts doooo ittt then! =]

We Just need to practice our team work. I hit you tooo much

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I'm probably going to team with Black-G for Hi Score. Kadaj, I think you said you can go to Jubilee: let's destroy everyone in teams =D

7 Flavored Gum - thanks :) also: download TIO on your laptop so we can set up the brackets on your computer. I'll create the events the night before and put it on a flash drive and then put it on your laptop on the day of the tourney in the morning. I'll also bring the CD-driver for my recording equipment. If I DO have to leave early, then you can record the rest on your laptop [so long as you have Windows Movie Maker, which you should by default]. Anyone who would like to be able to record on their laptop at a given moment can come see me with their laptop and I'll install the device on it so anyone's laptop can be used =D You will have to be Alliance approved first, though ^_^

MAGICIANS ALLIANCE!!!
I need everyone's help in running this. We'll all be busy this tournament, but hopefully there are enough of us to handle the brackets and **** at any given point in time. So if you're not playing, sacrifice some time watching epicness and handle the brackets. I'll give everyone a brief overview of how to operate TIO, though it's really not that difficult.

Basically, I don't want anyone to have to wait for a TO [again: Tourney Organizer] to be free for them to tell us the results. I want the brackets to be run smoothly. When any match is finished, you look for the next match that NEEDS to be done...what I mean is this:
6 matches are going on. there are 4 matches in the first round that still haven't started. One of those six matches is Ether vs. Tope. After Ether destroys Tope, he's anxious for his next victim, so he goes to a TO and asks who he plays next. Then he's like "yo Otis, time to make you hate this game too!".................the TO has to have the strength to say "NO" as epic and entertaining as this series of events is. Ether will have to wait until all of those other 4 matches have been played from the first round before he can play his match in the second round.

Make sense?

Everyone [KADAJ]...please keep this in mind, and be patient. Haha yeah I called you out, but you're man enough to take it, so don't give me any ****.......esp since you're the person I immediately recall doing this ;) but it's not just you, so don't worry....

obviously, if there are earlier-round matches that just can't be played yet, then you play the next-earliest round that CAN be played.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Next week, all week, I'm looking for people to play in smash. My summer classes are over, my job is no longer an issue, so smash will no longer be on hold :D

Who's hosting friendlies next week? :D

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hey toasty is it possible to set up brackets by skill level and let the bracket work out itself? if not then we can do that randomize thing again. i just don't want people to think they got cheated. just asking. =]

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
example: 8 teams. top 4 from last tourney gets placed into different sections. 2 on top half and 2 on bottom half. and so it'll be kept away so that not all the good teams will play eachother. =]

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Hey Toasty if you leave early I can take it from there if you want.

Also, does anyone play Soul Calibur cuz we are gonna have a Soul Calibur 4 tourney after its release on Tuesday.
Word Calibur ftw.

CStick

Smash Lord
Toasty, after I make this post, I'm gonna go and edit the VA finder something fierce.

also, I'm free tonight for smash. Anything going down? Anyone wanna come over?

CStick

Smash Lord
Schoolie, Riku, Rahil, NDN: give me your numbers. I'm only working four days next week, and get most of the weekend off, so I'm thinking about maybe having some people over.

Unreal: Just got your message, because I just woke up from an unplanned loooooong nap. Sorry man, but work killed me today more than I thought. When I get people to come over, I'll call you and pick you up if you need a ride. You only live like five minutes from me so it won't be that big a deal.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I'll host tomorrow afternoon-late night (Let's try to avoid 5am this time >_> haha)

AND MORE HUGE NEWS!
Games N' Trade wants to be the number one smash tourney venue in SoVA...

that means....BIG things.

For those of you that went to the first tourney...the venue was a bit small right? Well did you notice the store next door? The empty one? Yeah the owner will let us use that ENTIRE store as a venue, and he even offered to rent out hotel conference rooms if enough people show interest!

Venue price will always be cheap, and Kahlil and I have complete control over payouts/rules/dance parties

Not to mention he will throw up big prizes like PSP's, Wii's and other amazing stuff every once in awhile!
Even get Z104 and other sponsors and TV stations!!

If you're interested in something like this let me know. I'm going to make a thread for the tourney on Aug 30 and place the link here:
CLICK

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
c-stick: i thought i already PMed you my number lol. check it. you can text as well so just text or whatever if i don't pick up.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
AND MORE HUGE NEWS!
****. Right when I head to Florida for school. Stuff better happen on breaks.

Anyways, I'll be at your house tomorrow. PM me with address if you don't want it public. Thanks in advance for hosting. :)

Sorry for not calling, we skipped out on the concert (which I was hired to shoot photography for) and hookah barred, was a bit distracted. :p I always say I'm gonna call and never follow through.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
slash: call/text me <3
serpent!!!!: pm me your number we gotta play i always forget to ask you. =P
c-stick: text me when you see my number or PM it to me. =P

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I'll host tomorrow afternoon-late night (Let's try to avoid 5am this time >_> haha)

AND MORE HUGE NEWS!
Games N' Trade wants to be the number one smash tourney venue in SoVA...

that means....BIG things.

For those of you that went to the first tourney...the venue was a bit small right? Well did you notice the store next door? The empty one? Yeah the owner will let us use that ENTIRE store as a venue, and he even offered to rent out hotel conference rooms if enough people show interest!

Venue price will always be cheap, and Kahlil and I have complete control over payouts/rules/dance parties

Not to mention he will throw up big prizes like PSP's, Wii's and other amazing stuff every once in awhile!
Even get Z104 and other sponsors and TV stations!!

If you're interested in something like this let me know. I'm going to make a thread for the tourney on Aug 30 and place the link here:
I am definitely interested.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I just need Wii's, I have enough TV's.

Also:
I own Soul Calibur 4 for anyone who wants to play. It's the PS3 version so be respectful of Vader...

PM/Text me and I'll give you my address.

I'm going out to run a few errands so when I get back I'll post/text anyone who text'd me, giving the signal that it's alright to come over.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Mini TVs are always appreciated! If you have one, please bring it to Hi Score! We're going to try and run this as quickly as possible because we will have a larger than normal turnout.

Also: I say we sandbag while the random kids are debating whether or not they should enter.

haha, maybe not...but don't scare anyone off until they've started their tourney matches ^_^

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
naw man no need to sandbag and be mean...

...just everybody play captain falcon before the tourny :D

vader >>>> yoda

Top Bottom