• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
JUST IN CASE ANYONE MISSED THE POST
(here's the thread)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4302898#post4302898

RULES
HOUSE RULES:
PLEASE, use your common sense: don't steal or break anything.
If you pay venue fee, and don't want to enter in the tourney, you can play friendlies so long as there is no tournament match that needs a TV. Tourney matches take precedent. If the tourney is over before 5pm, everyone can play friendlies until then. I will have labels for people's TVs and Wiis so no one has to worry about losing their ****.
Enjoy great food at Gusto's!!!

TOURNEY RULES:
CASH PAYOUT: 60/30/10
NO ITEMS [not even Smashballs]

iCONTROLS! ---if you have special control settings, you MUST change your control scheme before the match starts. If you're human and happen to forget to add your changed controls to that system, you have about 5 seconds into the match [unless your opponent is nice] to remember to change your controls. You WILL, however, remain that character and return to that stage if this kind of event occurs. Sometimes people forget to take off the previous player's tag...well in Brawl that actually matters since control schemes are attached to tags. Same rules apply for realizing this.

3 Stock
8 Minutes
Best 2 out of 3
Losers/Winners/Grand Finals: Best 3 out of 5
Each player can ban a stage prior to the set.
First match of each set will be on a Random stage
Loser of the previous match will choose the next stage, then the winner selects a character, then the loser selects a character.
Any glitches or game-stalling strategies to run out the clock are banned and will result in the loss of that stock.
ALL COACHING WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEIT OF THAT MATCH.

STAGES
NEUTRAL STAGES (set to Random):
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (DS Version)

COUNTERPICK STAGES:
-Lylat Cruise
-Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokestadium 1
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Seige
-Rainbow Cruise
-Jungle Japes
-Green Greens
-Hanenbow (Electroplankton)

Debatable:
-PictoChat
-Warioware

Other than that, if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to share, but that should be pretty self explanatory =D

(thread link once again)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4302898#post4302898
Also:
The THUNDERDOME is a welcome place for everyone after the tourney.

CREWS? DOUBLES? MELEEEEESSSSS?!?!?!?!?!

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Slash, do a melee tourney at the THUNDERDOME.

Oh yeah, the results (top 4) for Sens brawl tourney.....

Smash Brawl
1.) Schoolie D (R.o.b.)
2.) Dragon Charlz (R.o.b.)
3.) Whodat (Olimar,Pika, Diddy)
4.) Ron
5.)?
6.)??
7.)O-NO....V.V

im sooo bad at this game, lol

Highlights
my 15 min Lucario took a match off Whodat and beat some kid.

my 5 min marth got me out of the first round.

O-NO goes undefeated in the Melee casuals. (eff brawl)

for the first time EVER, i placed higher in 3S than i did in Smash

Schoolie D takes yet another Brawl tournament, Way to hold it down for SS.

3rd Strike resualts (no one cares but me XD)

1.) Sayco (Chun)
2.)10X (Ken)
3.) O-NO (Chun)

yeah son, holla at me in 3s ^.^

aside that, i learned alot at this event about the game. mainly, learn lucario and rob.
i STILL however think this game is bad for tourney play. i mean, the last match was a rob ditto. if thats what i have to look forward to in this game ill be sad.

toasty

Smash Hero
Not enough Ether in SoVa.
Fixed.

What are you doing tomorrow night?

EDIT:

Just so you know, Otis...if I'm ever in that ROB ditto, it'll be nothing but entertainment. Campy ROBs Schoolie makes me sad. I'm not knockin on how to play the game and how to play the win, I just said it makes me sad :) I mean yeah, you won the tourney, good ****...too bad it was probably boring :laugh: lol Schoolie I KNEW something was up when you IMed me and said "you missed a fun tournament".

How many entrants were there? And sorry I couldn't make it...I had a last-minute-notice film shoot [well, technically it was a music video]...and just so you kids know: kissing a lesbian isn't all that special...it's just rare. Should look good on film, though =D

Ether

Smash Ace
If this happened last night, I could have come. I would have come. I was very bored.

I work Tuesday-Friday, 12-7pm, and Saturday 8am-3pm. I'm off Sundays and Mondays.
Like, right now, I'm on campus in Constant Hall just chillin' being bored.

EDIT - YOU KISSED A LESBIAN?? That's super amazing! :bee: thumbs up.

toasty

Smash Hero
EDIT - YOU KISSED A LESBIAN?? That's super amazing! :bee: thumbs up.
hahaha I have before, but this time it was on film...I was a "long lost lover". It's pretty tight, we did this trick with the camera where I'm looking at an empty bed and then all of a sudden, while I'm looking, I see myself jump into bed with this woman and we make out for a while [not trying to glorify the event or be like "ooooh **** yeah man, we didn't just kiss, we MADE OUT"...just talking about the filming experience]

it was my first filming, so I have no idea how I look on camera yet. People I know who are terrible stage actors look ****ing awesome on film, so we'll see.

Ether

Smash Ace
That trick sounds top tier. I'd like to see this. What is it all for?

On the other hand, watching one of my friends kiss some girl is kinda weird.

toasty

Smash Hero
That trick sounds top tier. I'd like to see this. What is it all for?

On the other hand, watching one of my friends kiss some girl is kinda weird.
hahaha, I'll just skip that second then when I get my copy. It's for my friend's class. He had originally cast two of our friends....but they just broke up last monday. And the song was beyond inappropriately accurate for their situation. So yeah...I found out like a day before.
"hey Enver, what are you doing Sunday? Wanna be in a movie?" and I didn't really get any preview about who I was or what I was doing. Sherri took it well when I explained the whole kiss thing to her [better than I thought she would...though she'll probably never want to watch the video now haha]

EDIT: the camera trick was a little tough because if the camera was moved even the slightest or if the floor vibrated, the whole shot was ruined. so we had to be really careful. We also couldn't cross certain visual boundaries for each shot. it was fun though...doing quick changes just out in the open in front of people took some getting used to, though

Ether

Smash Ace
It would be REALLY bizarre if it turned up that Sherri knew the girl. >_<

Anyway, good talking to you. Time to go lurk again for a few weeks/months.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Smash Brawl
1.) Schoolie D (R.o.b.)
2.) Dragon Charlz (R.o.b.)
3.) Whodat (Olimar,Pika, Diddy)
4.) Ron
5.)Juan
6.)Kathleen
7.)O-NO....V.V

. i mean, the last match was a rob ditto. if thats what i have to look forward to in this game ill be sad.
He went MK first match, then tried Wolf, then went to R.O.B. for whatever reason... :tired::tired::tired::tired::tired::tired:
<3 rob dittos

And toasty... so much hate :( **** your good looks + ability to straighten out the gayest of women.

toasty

Smash Hero
And toasty... so much hate :( **** your good looks + ability to straighten out the gayest of women.
lol all jokes mang...I just go by what I hear about your ROB :) I haven't played it since that one event several weeks ago. I just know mine is different, and your opponents seem to forget about airdodging and how it almost eliminates the existence of combos from Brawl ;) But yeah you know me, just talkin **** =D

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
There were 16 entrants for Brawl. Two dropped out, so the final total was 14 I believe.

Thanks muchly to CNU for coming out, it was great to have you all. I REALLY wanted to do teams as well, but me not finding out until like late sat night that the room was being held for a birthday party first really screwed us over. Congrats to SchoolieDee, you showed DragonCharlz the light on how facking hard it is to kill ROB even though we ALL were telling him that.

Otis, even with your negative attitude to Brawl thanks for coming out and signing up for it. I'm honestly been having my doubts with the game and it's tourney future as well. And double ROB, while dumb, I saw coming. It was inevitable.

Thanks to everyone else for showing up. There will be another one held next month (these will become monthly like we once did for melee last year at asdencency) and not only will Brawl TEAMS be held BEFORE singles, but we'll allow Melee to run side by side with it.

Expect it's own thread to go up eventually, but until then, see you.

rhan

Smash Hero
Crystal....At least I went...-.-

Plus there was a Falco there. I beat him both rounds out of the set. Hizza for Toon! ^_^

Also O-No I'm willing to play some more Melee matches soon.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
i do, Falco, Lucario, and Ganon feel the most comfortable to me.

In all honesty I did not expect such a turnout to my fest, so I am now really looking forward to the next two weekends. I can promise them bigger and better and even more tourneys. I'd be glad to film all the matches again and post them up on youtube for your enjoyment.

I would like to thank everyone who came again, you guys were great and none of my **** felt molested afterward. haha.

and Ether you should definitely come to T-dome in the coming weeks.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Slash, r u listening to mashi and posting "only tourney vids"? Or r u gona post sum melee?
and yea that **** was great, idk if i'll make it on the next 2 weekends tho.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Slash, r u listening to mashi and posting "only tourney vids"? Or r u gona post sum melee?
and yea that **** was great, idk if i'll make it on the next 2 weekends tho.

Nah, I transfered to the melee stuff to my external HD so that will take a bit longer, but once I get time to get it rolling it'll be out soon.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Super puzzle fighters 2 turbo is amazing, despite the character balance being so bad that only 2 characters are playable. >_> It's so flashy and pretty I can't resist it.

In other news, **** brawl. If anyone is coming to C3, money match my peach/marth/falco in melee. I picked up falco again recently and 1 minute of playing melee falco is more fun that any amount of brawl matches.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
wow if rhan got 5th i woulda *****.
so sad...im surprised no1 uses falco (?)
you can no longer post here until you money match me in 3S

Crystal....At least I went...-.-

Plus there was a Falco there. I beat him both rounds out of the set. Hizza for Toon! ^_^

Also O-No I'm willing to play some more Melee matches soon.
im willing to play some more ANYTHING soon. im so bad at brawl i need to play it. but melee is soooo goooood.

and Ether you should definitely come to T-dome in the coming weeks.
Saturday night, until about 8:30pm just to team with me. ^.^

Otis! you should have a Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo tourney on your Gamers WAR day =D
You just got someone *****...

O_O best idea ive heard in my whole d***ed life
See, i told you.

Super puzzle fighters 2 turbo is amazing, despite the character balance being so bad that only 2 characters are playable. >_> It's so flashy and pretty I can't resist it.

In other news, **** brawl. If anyone is coming to C3, money match my peach/marth/falco in melee. I picked up falco again recently and 1 minute of playing melee falco is more fun that any amount of brawl matches.
ill be at the may C3. big things going down that weekend. if i can im gonna try to come to Richmond before that to get some practice in.

toasty

Smash Hero
ill be at the may C3. big things going down that weekend. if i can im gonna try to come to Richmond before that to get some practice in.
ride together? Tope informed me that it'll most likely be May 24th. I can drive :)

oh wait...that depends. I probably won't be going with you. Chances are better that I'll be staying in NoVa the night before. On the off chance that I don't, I'll either go to Richmond on friday or leave from SoVa on saturday morning if people are desperate and can't get rides and can't leave earlier than saturday morning....... >_> for real. Desperate. So if you plan to go, plan some **** rides in advance =D

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
ride together? Tope informed me that it'll most likely be May 24th. I can drive :)

oh wait...that depends. I probably won't be going with you. Chances are better that I'll be staying in NoVa the night before. On the off chance that I don't, I'll either go to Richmond on friday or leave from SoVa on saturday morning if people are desperate and can't get rides and can't leave earlier than saturday morning....... >_> for real. Desperate. So if you plan to go, plan some **** rides in advance =D
Toasty, u got anymore spots open 4 c3. I'm tryin to go as well.

Ether

Smash Ace
Saturday night, until about 8:30pm just to team with me. ^.^
Mmm, that sounds very tempting, but I've been trying hard lately to get smash out of my system so I can focus on more important things, actually have a relationship with Lisa instead of training all the time, etc.

We'll see. I'd have to request off, get a ride, and practice. >_> I might not go. . . If I play Brawl, I'd like to get a Wii first and practice.

Also! Is it normal to have dreams about other smashers? Here are my dreams for the past three nights:

Night 1: Azen and Chillin have come down to CNU. I'm Marth dittoing Azen in Melee, and Chillin says, "You better not lose to him, Azen." I win the match, Chillin shakes his head in disbelief, and I tell Azen, "You're still the best, though."

Night 2: I Marth ditto NEO in Melee, and he tells me that I still haven't learned the matchup =\

Night 3: Azen has finally come to Norfolk for a huge tourney hosted by me. However, it takes hours to finally start everything, and by that time, many people have left. Azen also decides to leave (Chu shows up unexpectedly, ***** some people with ICs, and gives Azen a ride home), and I don't get to play anyone.

=( What do these dreams mean??

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I'm down to train with you, O-No. Only if we get a montage played with "Eye of the Tiger" though...and I can dropkick someone.

Oh, anyone got Russ' numba? He took my copy of melee/memory card and left his brawl disc

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Isra i'll mm your falco next time i see you
and woo cnu, ***** that tourney, juan tied for 5th with rhan
i decided that sleeping off a sunburn would be better than walking 2 miles to a brawl tourney :)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
ok slash. i mean, i REALLY dont know this game at all. i dont own a wii and every time i play a tourneys i play on instinct alone.

based off that, i think ive done well in brawl overall. especialy since ive made more money playing it than ive lost ^.^

ill be a monster once i actually try to get good at it.
Fact.

ill be at your place on the 19th around 6pm, we have to get ALOT of matches in fast. i think ill play R.O.B. and Lucario all night to learn them. i have to leave though at like 8:30 to get back home in time to start training in my other fighters. im having people over to play my 3rd strike machine! XD
that and i have to get my **** together in CVS2, MVC2, SSF2T, and others.

its hard trying to be pro at like 5 games at once X___X

CStick

Smash Lord
we should pass a SoVA mandate that states that brawl is nothing more than a side-game to melee. just practicing against a level 1 in melee is better than any brawl tourney imaginable.

FACT

Top Bottom