• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Korean Smashers?

QraQ

Smash Ace
I'm down to play this weekend. Just tell me where I need to go and a good number to call. I don't have a controller or anything though sorry.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
I'm down to play this weekend. Just tell me where I need to go and a good number to call. I don't have a controller or anything though sorry.
My number is 010-5388-9669. You can ask Riocosta or Devil Ray's number as well as they are in the Seoul area too.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Ray, we usually play during the day/afternoon. It'd be sweet if we got 4 people going.

By the way, is there any way I can request like half an hour/hour of Brawl practice at the beginning or end? I'd like to practice my game since I've lost the ability to do so on my own. I promise playing against Sheik in Brawl is pretty fun!

my number is 010-9309-8274

QraQ

Smash Ace
My number is 010-5388-9669. You can ask Riocosta or Devil Ray's number as well as they are in the Seoul area too.
Alright well around what time would you guys like to play? Where should we meet? Look me up on facebook (Dominic Ojinnaka) to know what I look like but i doubt it will be hard to spot a black guy around koreans lol.

Also I haven't played for 2 months so I'm kinda rusty. I'm quite good at melee just need some fine tuning.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Well, this will be at Marcus' house since he has the only setup, so the time is up to him. I'm free for most/all of the day though. His house is extremely close to Seobinggo station so if you give one of us a ring once you arrive there, we'll come and get you.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
SMASH at Marcus' house 2 PM tomorrow.

If you've never been to his place before just go to Seobinggo station and give one of us a ring. I'll text this to you guys as well.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I got my power supply yesterday but it didn't help...... I guess my systems are completely fried. T.T

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
If anyone can read this and see if there's a way to fix my Wii while I'm here that would be awesome. I think I sent a message to Nintendo Korea one time, but it was written in English so they probably got rid of it. If you help me fix my Wii that means we can have 2 setups!

http://support.nintendo.co.kr/index.do

Also, Qraq's Luigi is beast.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about having another smashfest at my place this Saturday. A smasher (UchihaJP) from Netherlands is gonna be in Korea this Wednesday and he's only gonna be in town for about a week. Can anyone else besides Ray make it?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I maaaay be able to make it. It depends on the weather.

I could definitely do Sunday though.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
if possible, can we start around 12-ish? unexpectedly, a friend from back home is visiting me for dinner so i'd like to get in as much as smash as possible

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
GGs Uchicha (except for the Sheik ones, in which case, I say BOOOOOOO)

Ganon still ***** in doubles!

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Ray/Qraq/DJ have all been on PR before and Marcus could probably get a spot in most places that aren't insane.

And then there's me. Uhhh, I've been on Brawl PR but I sux at melee.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Hey guys ima be in Seoul sunday-monday if anyone wants to play. Lemme know you guys have my number.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
sunday-monday might be possible for me. i have a break all next week.

since marcus is leaving soon, i definitely want to play one more time before he leaves

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm down Sunday.

Man, it's going to totally suck when Marcus leaves since we have 0 setups. I guess I could try finding another gc for cheap.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, some good news.

First, apparently my Wii isn't dead, my brand new voltage converter is the problem because it didn't work with Marcus' normal GC either. So I used my old (but dangerous) voltage converter just to see if it would turn on and VOILA it did. So, once I get my azz down to Technomart and get a good converter (I'm bringing a GC with me to test) that means I don't need Marcus' setup. We could also nave 2 melee setups or 1 brawwwl (oh noooooo)/ 1 melee setup. I don't think we need it unless we get enough people for a tournament (I'm thinking about making a flyer to post at colleges near me).

P.S. Ganon is still beast.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.

Actually, the flyer isn't even the biggest problem, it's finding a venue. Like, suppose I got 10 people, where the hell would we go?

myl197

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, some good news.

First, apparently my Wii isn't dead, my brand new voltage converter is the problem because it didn't work with Marcus' normal GC either. So I used my old (but dangerous) voltage converter just to see if it would turn on and VOILA it did. So, once I get my azz down to Technomart and get a good converter (I'm bringing a GC with me to test) that means I don't need Marcus' setup. We could also nave 2 melee setups or 1 brawwwl (oh noooooo)/ 1 melee setup. I don't think we need it unless we get enough people for a tournament (I'm thinking about making a flyer to post at colleges near me).

P.S. Ganon is still beast.
good stuff Brett. Also, another one of my friends who goes to college in the states recently arrived in Korea and he wants to play before I leave so I'm gonna try to get another day we can all play. Unfortunately, I can't play today but I'll try to set up another day/time.

banyah87

Smash Cadet
Wooow. So many smashers in Korea! (Compared to last year.) I JUST arrived in Korea, and will be here until September 1. I play Melee only. I was here last summer as well, and played with Marcus, Seung-Hwan, and Doyoung . Anyway, I don't know WHY it didn't occur to me to post here on Smashboards. If I had known before leaving, I would have definitely brought a set up. All I brought is one controller.

I've read through this thread and it seems as if some of you guys already have gotten together this summer. Definitetly count me in. I don't have a phone right now, but I'm planning to rent one for the rest of my visit here. When I do, I'll post my number.

Marcus, you told me you're leaving August 3, correct? Are you planning on a final day of smash?

QraQ

Smash Ace
Is anyone down to play this weekend? I'll be in Seoul and just let me know when you guys would like to play but give me due notice if possible. Preferably Sunday cause I'll be pretty booked Saturday. Think it would be good with the appearance of Banyah; always good to play new people =].

Aight let me know.

-QraQ

P.S. Let me know if anyone needs anything from the base BX and I'll hook them up IE. component cables, charges, or other amenities not found easily in Seoul.

banyah87

Smash Cadet
Definitely. When and where? If you can tell me the nearest subway stop, I can make my way. Also, by then I should have a number so I can contact you via phone. Until then I'll keep in touch here.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I'm down Sunday too.

Qraq, if you could find a power supply for the GC that would give me two consoles to run **** on.

Top Bottom