• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Dakota: Tourny/Meet-up Thread

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Making this thread in an effort to hopefully add a spark to the Smash community in SD, if there even is one. Traveled to NE and some of their players said SD was active not all that long ago.

To the point, I'm stationed at Ellsworth AFB, so I happen to be extremely close to Rapid City/ the western portion of SD. Anyone else here?

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
I'm still around, but there's nobody else here on the Eastern side of the state (to my knowledge). Anyone in SF/Brookings?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
110 N. Campbell St. Rapid City, SD

Get Hyped-

Saturday, May 12th, will be another Monthly at this venue, The Colosseum.

Gaurenteed, Brawl Singles. If we can get addittional set ups, we can do Brawl Dbls as well

If we can get a min of 10 entrants for Melee, we can do Singles/Dbls for that as well (I'm personally more concerned with getting a Melee community going in SD, to be quite honest...)

I'll be making a thread in the tourney listings section soon, and a link to the FB page for the event as well

:phone:

Wartusk

Smash Rookie
I won't be back in SD until December, hopefully these monthly tournaments are still going, in the meantime I need to find someone to practice with in Jamestown, north Dakota...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
College I assume?

Also, we just had our 4th straight Monthly, I went to the last three, helped set up the last two ;)

How far is Jamestown from Ellsworth/Rapid City? And will you be back in Rapid City or like... Sioux Falls?

Edit: Please tell me you play Melee, or both Brawl/Melee...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
BUMP

I remember some college kids saying that they'd be in Rapid City for part of the summer? If so, PM me or post in this thread. SD went dead again

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So Rayku, you mentioned 1 good player you found there? If you can get them hyped, you guys should car pool it and turn these monthlies into "smash weekends". As you see, we run $5 events. So even if you clean house it isn't profitable for your trip. But if you consider coming, it's to get lots of good play. Get some ppl to carpool, crash in the dorms here for a smash weekend. Seems legit

Rayku

Smash Lord
Just wanted to say how much fun this past weekend was Smashing with you guys.

Mad props to JMan for housing and sportsmanship.

Disappoint in Selodin for not coming out at all on Monday.

I had way too much fun getting my first Smash Blister on my hand.

I've also discussed your offer to go to NE at some point, and it's definitely a possibility.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Honestly since its free you guys are welcome anytime. Also, no one has come to play since the day you left, that's unfortunate :p

Also, shoutouts to turning 24 tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some ppl to play. I think a Nebraska trip will probably be after apex. febuary/march. Plenty of time to polish up a bit first

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well Im going to IL Nov 8th thru 30th, December I will be working and spending christmas in Colorado, and boom, Apex is weeks after.

Life Johns dude...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Cool dude. Im unsure how far east from Ellsworth/Rapid City you are, but at the month's end, i'll be coming back west and the highway takes me past Sioux City, Mitchel, ect. I can potentially stop by and play. And while I do play brawl to an extent, its safer to say I don't. Im all about that Melee

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
there a tourney going on???
if it's in summer, i'll try to stop by!SD FTW!!!!!!!!

Dopey

Smash Lord
i live in SD now...Sioux Falls??

<---Dope OG best falco NA. now best DDD NA ;D

GET AT ME

Echo

Smash Champion
I'd be down to play some Melee, Dope. I go to Sioux Falls every now and then.

Dopey

Smash Lord
whos darkrain? ;D

im down man ^^ i got my controller n no cube =( sadddd pandaaa =(

Jace08

Smash Lord
duuude this is exactly the kind of lucky break south dakota could use. The legendary DOPE!?! Toooo good

dope I've always wanted to play that jank falco maybe now it will actually happen at a NE tourney sometime

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Its short notice, but im hosting another local this weekend. Dope if you set up anything and can actually break 10 entrants, the guys from the western side of the state will make the trip.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Ill come to u guys lol. I live in a hotel an am always up to smash I'm goinnnn crazzyyy lollll.

Btw who plays PM out here cause ill wreck them hahhh

Top Bottom