• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Soulda Tech'd It!" (Melee) Grand Rapids MI 11/8/08

Epok

Smash Ace
"SHOULDA TECH'D IT!" Smash Bros. MELEE Tournamnet

All is Brawl link: http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2864

Please RSVP. I need to get a good count of who will be showing up and let me know if you can't make it.

When: 11/8/08
Where: GrandLan Gaming Center 56N Division Grand Rapids MI 49508
Time: 12:30

Cost
Venue: $5*
Singles: $10
Doubles: $10/person

* fee waived if you bring a Game cube/ TV*
Please Bring setups. It will help things run smoothly.

Pot
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Bring Your Own Controller

This will be a double elimination tournament.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* FF will be on in teams

stage is for singles only=*

RSVP:

Confirmed
Epok
Dave
Rat
Bigy
Kail
Shade
Mr.T
Quaz
Haze
Flandy
Trespayne
Epic Fear (+1)
Kels
Big C
4% APR
Zach152
Tink
Eighteen Spikes
Cosmo

Maybe
Zjiin
Wiemdog
Ice
Khepri
Animan
Zicore
Scotu
Brainjack
Stratford
Aquateen
Captin Awesome

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The only Melee tournaments are over 2 hours away from me T_T

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'd come if it was closer. you should move it to the very southern tip of michigan haha

Rat

Smash Lord
Would you come if we upped the entry fee? or put in some out of state bonus?

4% APR

Smash Champion
maybe if other people wanted to go with me from ohio. It's like 7 hours. It's not about the money

Rat

Smash Lord
Yeah that makes sense. Hanging out after is pretty much the best part of tournaments.

Ann Arbor just straight to Chi-town is probably 1-2 hours closer. hm....

Epok

Smash Ace
sweet. we play every thursday round 630-12 if you come ealry that might be a good enough exscuse to skip science class one or twice lol.

Kail

Smash Lord
Depending on the turn out depends on how hard I try to get out of class early. Also, I just maybe held in late so I dunno.

Fletch

Smash Master
Anyone know how far this is from South Bend? Mapquest says 2 hours, but it doesn't seem like it should be that far... If it's not a bad drive I will come.

Top Bottom