• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
If we are entertaining the Mentor/Mentee option, I think the legitimacy of that scenario is limited.

I just went back and looked at Taco mafia and it seems that the Mentor was allowed to recruit N1, so banking off that, the hypothetical mentor would still have had a mentee d1 and n1 (assuming the recruitment was successful and the mentor chose to actually recruit). At this point, if Swiss had been recruited, you would have gotten a guilty on him.

More in the morning, I need to sleep now...and find Luxor.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just because the mentor got to recruit N0 in taco mafia does not mean he would have that same opportunity in this game.

I think it's equally likely that the mentor would be able to recruit N0 OR have to wait until N1 to recruit if one exists in this game. I agree the possibility that Swiss was recruited on the same night I investigated him is limited, but it is definitely still possible.

But anyway, here's how I see it:

1.) BSL MUST protect me tonight.

a.) If I die, BSL is scum.

2.) Lynch X1

a.) If he flips scum, J and Swiss are pretty much clear. We then either lynch my guilty result or whoever is not my innocent result out of clown/BG.

b.) If he flips town, we look at my result. If I have an innocent on either BG or Clown, J and Swiss are almost definitely scum. If I have a guilty on either, we lynch that person and move to the next day, hoping to get another guilty. I'll likely die but the obvious play would be whoever is left between Clown/BG.

I think that pretty much covers everything?

Vote: X1-12

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
looks like that covers everything. are we going to wait for swiss to talk though? i dont see why we should, but we DO have 10 days until the deadline...

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
J says to let swiss talk before the day ends so I'm fine with waiting for him. Nothing wrong with making sure we have everyone look over my game plan and make sure there are no outstanding flaws.

I doubt Swiss will have much to add that would radically change the plan I've laid out but you never know. Let's just wait for him, see whats up, toss any new ideas around, and then get the ball rollin'.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh and also, if scenario 2B plays out and Swiss and J look like scum, lynch J first. If we have a mentor/mentee game he's almost def. the mentor and you killing the mentor is WAYYYYY more important than killing the mentee since it stops recruitment, AND potentially killing. Not sure whether or not mentee's can kill without a living mentor but that's pretty much a balance question up to the mod's discretion. Either way, if either J or Swiss are scum they pretty much BOTH have to be, so kill J before you kill Swiss if it comes down to it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
alright, lets do this.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSS

/hammer

@mod: votecount?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Votecount 2.2

X1-12: Zen, Clownbot, J, frozenflame751 (4)
Clownbot: Swiss, BSL (2)
J: X1-12 (1)
BSL: (0)
BoiledGoose: (0)
Swiss: (0)
Zen: (0)
frozenflame751: (0)

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! If deadline were to hit right now, X1-12 would be lynched.
Deadline is set for midnight EST, the morning of January 20.

Swiss

Smash Lord
OMG STOP I WAS JOKING I'M NOT MASONED WITH J. I AM THE DOC.

(Lol jk. Heart attack much gaiz?)

Kk. Notes as I go.

X1 is BP? We have a straight up doc in a small game. That is a ridiculous claim. FF u da man, clear cop crumb.

FF if you're worried about a recruiter - you are welcome to investigated either J or myself. I'd suggest an X1 lynch and a Clown investigation.

wrt #758 - You are correct, but we can ASK Kirb the order. @ Mod which has night action priority, recruiting or investigations?

"Oh I see. Yeah if x flips town and Frozen gets inno, then J and Swiss. x flips scum and/or Frozen gets guilty then J and Swiss are town and we simply lynch the guilty or non-inno out of goose and cbot. FF that seems pretty solid, I agree."
This would most likely make us scum together. However we have to realise scum will have PR's to balance out what we have - but based on X1's play he's scum anyway and this situation won't matter.

For what it's worth myself and J DID crumb we were together D1, which would have required us to be cheating if J was actually a recruiter. Short of this - there is no way we could have done it.

looks like that covers everything. are we going to wait for swiss to talk though? i dont see why we should, but we DO have 10 days until the deadline...
Goddamn you wonder why I thought you were scum?

Clearly J would have recruited me, not vice versa. Scum recruited are always goons. FF is confirmed. So investigate ME, if guilty, lynch J - killing us both. <--Plan. Clown investigation would still be sweet. Idc who, but a godfather could get J lynched.

I wanted to make a case as to why X1 was scum, but everyone has already swapped to him. I'll satisfy myself with this LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL TOWN BP U ****ING ********?

Will hammer after X1 next logs in. X1 if you're town give us a scum list. Also explain why you were so worried about claiming, also explain why you repeatedly questioned our cop and doc.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Will hammer after Kirb responds to my question above. Assuming X1 has already had his chance.

Repeated

@ Mod which has night action priority, recruiting or investigations?

This is irrelevant to what roles may be in the game, so answer plzplzplzplz.

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
Your plan should work FF, I would be very satisfied with a X1 or Clownbot lynch.

This game is looking really good for town, assuming J and Swiss are telling the truth.

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
This game is also looking really stacked with town PRs for such a small game. Someone must be lying

I feel like I am here just for backup :-/

Swiss

Smash Lord
Hot damn BG am I calling you town or scum in this game?

And X1 isn't really bullet proof, he'd have tried to bait the NK if he actually was. Feeling Clown due to his indirect buddying of X1 by questioning the mass claim.

Who got dat indie role? Or do we got some powah scum?

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
If scum is between X1, Clown and me, its X1 and Clown.

I will probably have a way to prove this later game, but, if BSL J and Swiss are telling the truth, X1 and clown are scum.

Not to be a copycat, but I am also interested in the mods response to swiss' question.

Also, @MOD, request BoiledGoose replacement with th3kuzinator

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
Also, Zen is not in the clear for me like FF BSL J and Swiss are at the moment, but he is playing much townier than X1 or Clown, so I would be willing to vouch for him over the other two.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I didn't think Zen was particularly townie until I called him town from 'out of game stuff' i.e. J's certain read and Kirb posted saying he thought people had been communicating outside of the thread. It directly implies he thought cheating WAS happening and as such makes Zen town. I hope that was the cheating anyway.

That and Zen isn't scummy per se. I want a claim from toDay as well. Has he claimed?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Feeling Clown due to his indirect buddying of X1 by questioning the mass claim.
What post are you talking about?

Also, has BG claimed yet? He implied he was VT just earlier but he never directly stated his character/role.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Swiss said:
@ Mod which has night action priority, recruiting or investigations?
Recruitment, following Natural Action Resolution (see the article on MafiaWiki).

BoiledGoose said:
@MOD, request BoiledGoose replacement with th3kuzinator
Granted.

Starting now, th3kuzinator replaces BoiledGoose

X1-12

Smash Champion
X1 is BP? We have a straight up doc in a small game. That is a ridiculous claim. FF u da man, clear cop crumb.
I did crumb BP, followed by saying "This is not a BP crumb" teehee :p I tried to bait the NK when I was like "hey guys, I can tell 100% if BSL is town!!! which as well as being a fake cop crumb I was hoping the Day would end and you'd forget about it. In fact I kept telling you to forget about it and stop asking me to this end.

Clearly J would have recruited me, not vice versa. Scum recruited are always goons. FF is confirmed. So investigate ME, if guilty, lynch J - killing us both. <--Plan. Clown investigation would still be sweet. Idc who, but a godfather could get J lynched.
That's not true, In Bioware we recruited Gheb who became a mafia voteblocker.

Will hammer after X1 next logs in. X1 if you're town give us a scum list. Also explain why you were so worried about claiming, also explain why you repeatedly questioned our cop and doc
I wasn't 'worried' about claiming, I wasn't just gonna claim when all it was was my top scumpick asking for it. Not claiming for my role was also beneficial so scum don't avoid shooting me. I definitely did not 'repeatedly question' our doc, he is the player who I've had down as town all game. I questioned the fact we have both because a game with straight up cop/doc is broken. Its called "follow the cop" c'mon you know this

My scum list is still Swiss/J. If one of them flips town then I guess Goose/Clownbot. FF has been town all game so has BSL. I don't think its recruitment just straight up Swiss is the godfather. I know FF's pm is oddly worded but if BSLs is the same then I'd take it with a pinch of salt

@All: A lynch of J is actually probably better for town. When I flip town, J and Swiss will be cleared, however should I flip scum my partner will not be immediately obvious. If we lynch J and he is scum his partner is in the bag, plus FF can investigate me and give town a clear unkillable townie.

Luxor

Smash Champion
...I was just catching back up again, lol. Anyway, Kuz should def replace me. I underestimated how busy I'd be with moving, and Mafia from the wrong timezone don't work so hot.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
good luck tonight guys, just wanted to post something from this account before the night phase.

Odds are pretty high that X1 is flipping scum, and we established that BSL is protecting FF. Dont let us down dude.

FF choose me or Clownbot for tomorrow, either one would suffice.

I am predicting BSL will die toNight, but dont worry guys another healer will rise again in due time.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
FF does this clear the masonry as legit to you?
It certainly makes it seem much more legit than it did before now that we know recruitment would come before inspection as per NAR.

Still though, it IS possible that J could be like, a recruiting tailor, and is able to mask his new recruits from investigation. If 2 of the 3 X1/Clown/Kuzi come up town, you and J are far from clear and definitely need to be considered for the play.

I know it sounds ridiculous but if 2 of those 3 come up town Im having a REALLY hard time seeing any other pair as scum. I wouldn't go so far as to say if 2 of those 3 come of town, you and J are INSTA scum, but I would say that you would both need to be subject to the utmost scrutiny in LYLO.

C'monnnnnn X1 scum flip!

Swiss

Smash Lord
That's fair.

1. Swiss - Confirmed Town Mason
2. J - Confirmed Town Mason
3. X1-12 - Scum! BP
4. Kuz - Leans town ??? NEEDS to claim toDay
5. BSL - Confirmed Town Doc
7. Zen - Town/Indie VT
8. frozenflame751 - Confirmed Town Cop
9. Clownbot - Scum? VT

This is how I see the game right now.

OK. I don't believe Zen is VT - not for a second. ToDay is NOT the time to lie about roles - I see him as indie, this is tempered by people's town read on him.

If X1 IS town BP BSL is maf doc. Highly unlikely.

And some other shenanigans.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Swiss I don't have a posting restriction. See.

I just like talking in dialog with a color because I'm random.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Usually, I would not think that an indy would be placed in such a small game. Nonetheless, I feel that it could be a possibility with Zen's tunnel-ish play. I think its possible that he may be a lyncher with J as his target. Very unprobable, but still something to think about.

Everything else about FF's plan seems pretty solid and I am interested to see what X1 flips. Really, i think the X1/clownbot team is the most likely, but that obviously depend on the flip at hand.

So you guys want me to claim? Alright, if thats what everyone wants me to do. Lo and behold, I am...

Top Bottom