• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen you are also forgetting, recruiters have the last in line when it comes to night action priorities. So if I am killed my recruit will be a waste hence making your logic well.....wrong

._.
"By Making sure I'm recruited, I mean scum not killing me while you're trying to recruit me. Doc needs to protect me since you are recruiting me.

Protecting you in case scum kills you so you can't recruit would be a waste. Scum isn't going to kill you because you are scum. And if they did, they are getting rid of the scummiest player in the game. Where as protecting me, ensures town survival.

If you actually felt you had a chance of being killed, you would make the choice to not recruit if you were town. But you refuse to do so."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Fine, doc protect Zen. :3c

I'm still hitting you after this game cuz your wrong.

Your logic is wrong but I'm gonna let you think it's right for now~

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Don't get flavour crazy now Zenny
J said:
you are spouting nonsense if you suggest Seoung-Mina is a cultist in a game with only NINE people.
"I'm not getting 'flavor crazy'. Your the one trying to use flavor to defend yourself when. I''m simply saying she doesn't make sense as any type of recruiter. And scum has safe claims anyways. "

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You are using characters which are flavour based.

I am using game semantics. It is UNBALANCED to have a cultist in this game with a mafia team that must have 2 people on it for it to be fair. So in reality let's go over WC scenario.

6 v 2 v 1

D1: Mislynch (5 v 2 v 1)
N1: Misprotect (3 v 2 v 2)

3 v 2 v 2 (Town has now lost) *more or less they are in prisoner's dilemna* Let's continue

D2: Mislynch (2 v 2 v 2)
N2: Misprotect (0 v 2 v 3)

There is no cultist. You are grasping at straws.

Funny, if Ran does flip scum this entire argument will be disregarded.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No game mod in their sane mod would approve this set-up if the town is in LYLO/MYLO D1.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Ran flips scum gratz on being able to read n00bscum better than I.

If he flips town, I agree the doc should protect Zen and J should recruit him.

Anyone who deviates from this plan is instant scum so don't ****ing botch it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also agree with J that a cult is highly unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised at a provided mason recruiter safe claim.

@ Zen: I agree the character doesn't necessarily implicate that role, but the SC cast isn't particularly diverse so I wouldn't be surprised if characters and role have little to no correlation and were just randomized or something. Don't get hung up on the flavour. Lets use the flip and night actions to figure this out.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FF, your smart and experienced and have tons of knowledge on set-ups

Is it plausible to have a Cultist in this type of game of this size?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"I'm not using characters. I just wanted to know your character. I never said your claim was false because of your character. I never called you a cultist either. The hell ~.^?"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
"I'm not using characters. I just wanted to know your character. I never said your claim was false because of your character. I never called you a cultist either. The hell ~.^?"
You said I was going to recruit you into an anti-town garb which is a cultist because that is all I know.

The only role I know that results in someone being recruited into an anti-town faction is Cultist which was brought up on Tandora (shout out to ms. Sexy herself) to try and disprove her mason claim by EE and OS. (which in the end she was proven town by every possible way)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh yea I know of Yakuza because I was that but they die on recruit which results in an obvious tell if I die. soooo~

Yak in this set-up would be unfair.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just checked Taco Mafia

Yeeeea that game was specific and based solely around the mentor-mentee system where they had Patriots, Creampuff (doc/cop), and Shrink. However it is a possibility. Slim but still nonetheless

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I guess but now we are getting to picking a plausible theory and throwing a dart at it with our eyes closed.

We should not assume anything until we see flips and proof.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Votecount 1.9

Ranmaru: BSL, Clownbot, Swiss, J (4)
BSL: BoiledGoose (1)
J: Zen (1)
Swiss: X1-12 (1)
BoiledGoose: frozenflame751(1)
X1-12: (0)
Clownbot: (0)
Zen: (0)
frozenflame751: (0)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! If deadline were to hit now, Ranmaru would be lynched.
Deadline is set for January 8, 2011, at 11:00 AM EST! Less than 12 hours until deadline!!!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
We didn't hammer? Awesome.

Can we stop being moronic now and lynch the ****ing coasting scum BoiledGoose? Ran is soooo not the play and his reaction to thinking he was lynched is giving me town vibes.

No but seriously if you guys still think Ran is a better play than BG y'all ****ing mad dumb.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FF we have 11 hours and I am gonna be asleep till past the deadline.

Also BG is toooown.

Just hammer ran an let the plan commence.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
God I wish I was good enough at mafia to be able to read coasting scum and clear them as town so I won't be distracted by them. J you are a mafia god it seems, please teach me your ways.

No but really I have no ****ing clue how you have that read and really want to know.

It doesn't matter if you'll be asleep through deadline, you can just change your vote now and that's all it takes. :awesome:

C'mon do the right thing or force me to hate your forever and ever.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
haha FF personally this god cant' teach another diety how to be a god :awesome:

Also FF th3kuzi has been swamped with college mid terms and semester projects iirc. Don't know about Luxor. I'll tell you why in my dreams ;3

I'm keeping my vote here sooooo you can try and convince the others (which is certainly possible but my votes staying here). Well or now at least. By Pluarlity even if you tie, Ran will be lynched unless you can scuttle Clown and BSL to BG.

Depends who gets up~

You couldn't hate me forever <3

Also Ran had a scum slip and claimed VANILLA TOWNIE not Town Vanilla. However if he does pop town (w/e at this) i know you are never gonna let me live this down ;-;

decisions decisions....

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
ya know what?

I'll make a deal if you're wrong BG then you must compromise to a BSL/Clown lynch toMorrow? Deal?

Unvote
Vote: BoiledGoose

If Ran flips scum/indie you wont hear the en of it <3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
idk what i'm doing hopefully i dont regret when I wake up in the morning.

BTW I hate you X1 for not unvoting >:[

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Guys PLLLLEASE lynch J please. We dont want him around with his recruit since he can die and kill another and with his stubborness if he's town. But he is more likely scum. Please those who are on Ran and BG, vote J."

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
after i go to sleep tonight, i wont be on until the deadline.

unless there is time for me to post during breaks. math tourney tomorrow ^_^ rofl.

my vote is staying on Ran. before the flip, make sure a plan is posted if we have one, so our PRs dont forget.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
bsl why would you keep your vote on Ran after the way he was posting after he thought he was lynched. Seriously not Ran. Goose is better than Ran. But have you even seen what's gone on? Please lynch J dude.

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
Sorry for the long lapse of inactivity.

Senior Project done, Midterms done. **** yeah.

So, just doing I quick read, Ran thought he was hammered so he claimed vt. Swiss lied about being mason and J is actually a one shot recruiter of some alignment.

the only thing that confuses me is where J said that if he dies, the person he recruits dies at all, this being similar to a mentor type role. I could not tell, from the back and forth, whether this is a serious statement. Someone clarify?

Also, might need to talk about having the mod replace the hydra with just me. I have not seen Lux in awhile, and it would be much more convenient to use my own account.

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
he knew he wasnt lynched.
The way he responded seemed genuine, if not a little annoyed. I believe it.

I would still like a BSL lynch, tbh, as he is my top scum pick. His interactions with Ran look like SvT, and I have a feeling that if lynched, Ran would flip town.

I also do not like how 3 people piled on the wagon within 15 minutes of each other after x1 simply asked them to. I realize that it is somewhat close to the deadline, but all 3 jumped on with no stances or justification. Seems to me that Ran had become a confused scapegoat rather than an actual scum-pick.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also FF th3kuzi has been swamped with college mid terms and semester projects iirc. Don't know about Luxor. I'll tell you why in my dreams ;3

You couldn't hate me forever <3

Also Ran had a scum slip and claimed VANILLA TOWNIE not Town Vanilla. However if he does pop town (w/e at this) i know you are never gonna let me live this down ;-;
If he's been so swamped why didn't we hear about it in the game thread or the social thread? Please point me to it if I've missed it because I seriously don't remember him saying anything of the sort.

I totally could hate you forever but in all likelihood I wouldn't. =P

How the heck is claiming Vanilla Townie a scum slip? I don't think I've ever once in my life claimed "Town Vanilla". Is that how you typically claim vanilla? I don't know who you learned from initially but claiming "town vanilla" is very strange. Vanilla townie is the much more common expression.

If Ran flips town I'm not gonna like rag people forever, because I can sort of see why people are suspicious of him (he is quite distracting honestly) but there are just better plays today, which is why I'm so against his lynch atm. Tomorrow I'll need to reconsider based on flips and such.

ya know what?

I'll make a deal if you're wrong BG then you must compromise to a BSL/Clown lynch toMorrow? Deal?

If Ran flips scum/indie you wont hear the en of it <3
If BG flips town I will def. need to reconsider my current reads, which may put Clown and BSL closer to the top of the scum list. Can't make any promises though.

And yes if Ran is scum/indy I will welcome any and all harassment.

he knew he wasnt lynched.
How do you know this? Explain in detail.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Pretty sure I'm in a mason with J. What's that kid on. Tryina play pro.

Would lynch BSL. Agree that Ran responded to well to the 'lynch'.

How long till deadline?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Ranmaru: BSL, Clownbot, Swiss (3)
J: Zen (1)
BoiledGoose: frozenflame751, J (2)

J is unrealistic at this late notice and I'd rather Ran than BG

Unvote
Vote: Ranmaru

Top Bottom