• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Unvote: J We have some time.

Explain why Swiss is town. If it's out of game info, please, explain that too, I wouldn't know.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i dont see why him being at L-1 is a problem.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i wasnt answering for him, i was showing you that your question was irrelevant. your question asked him why he would do something that he wasnt going to do.

i wasnt trying to make it seem like you were skimming. i was asking if you were skimming. why are you trying to make it seem like i keep trying to make it seem like you are doing stuff?

(lol, grammar. the italics and underlining are to help differentiate who is "doing" what.)
I really wanna bang my head into a wall when talking to you this game BSL. ^^ You were insinuating that I was skimming in which you are trying to make me look worse in a subtle way in which you thought you could get away with whiiiiiich I didn't like so I pointed it out.

Unvote: J We have some time.

Explain why Swiss is town. If it's out of game info, please, explain that too, I wouldn't know.
Thank you.

I have said why Swiss is town in my big post but no one has really cared to see it.

1.) Swiss' play is indicitive of a town Swiss. (meta-reasoning)
2.) The wagon on him caught steam FAST and he was almost lynched when there was still loads of time to discuss.
3.) Also the context in which I said he was town has been exploded into suuuuch a cluster**** because of the wording. People took it out of context to what it actually was and people should know I am dramatic within my posts. However Swiss and Zen are still my strongest town reads.
4.) Out of game...? what?

i dont see why him being at L-1 is a problem.
Why should I be at L-1? How is it good to put me at L-1 with about 36 hours left for me to explain and not be lynched and convince this town into which I am not scum....btw lemme just expand on this for a sec.

NO ONE HAS STILL explained why I am scummy yet besides Zen. Clown tried to but then backed off weirdly in the same post it seems....really need to get into that post soon.

Anywho, Why did you bold the I in your post. It's tiny but you can see it still. It seems like you are trying to make a point as if you wanna vote me. You also by saying that you are saying I am your top scum-pick BUT you do not want any of the blood on your hands.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"J stop trying to mindgame me.

And will you guys stop saying stuff is irrelevant. I've heard that like 10 times now. And J stop acting like everything that is said at you is something to try and make you look bad. It's called scum hunting."

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
J. You still never answered. "Did you miss the posts or not?" The question was a legitimate question, and yes, it does imply that you were skimming. Your not denying it implies that you were, and are dancing around an answer. Answer it.

You don't like being at L-1, which means the pressure it applies is working. Being at L-2 doesn't have as much pressure. You're preference of L-2 to L-1 is indicative of this.

i had bolded a vote to put you at L-1 again, but changed my mind.

you aren't my top scum-pick. did you get that from the bolded "i" or did i say it somewhere else?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"
K. Weak case is weak because it is based off meta, a fake assumption, and a twisting of words. Let me now get to this.

2.) I am not fake crumbing vig lmao. Nice try though. Btw, your trying to get me NK'd if I do not get lynched. Smoooooth.
kk. I thought that's what you were doing. Does Braig say Gnarly as well, or was that a crumb?
As for trying to get you NKed, no, but I wouldn't mind as you would then be out of my mind. But if you lived through today you wont be NKed so I'm actually helping :D

1.) Inactive J =/= Scum J it means busy J is busy and also I kindof lost intrest in this game once my friend did say she did not wanna play anymore and then I lost our password/can't remember it. Why do you say for Frozen to compare my All-Star play to here? How is that relevant? Thanks for calling me obnoxious. Passive? PFFFFT funny Zen is fuuuuunny. Villains I was inactive because of cpu johns and also that was just blah of a game for me. Care to explain how it is a huge chore for me to post as scum? I am happy you know my mind so well....oops another thing you are wrong on here. Avoiding the thread? Hmmm glad your being a stalker now and mind-read AT THE SAME TIME! :D Seriously Zen the assumptions in your case can be a simple rebuttal of "No your wrong." but I am trying to respond to this fully. Basically this bullet is completely based off of meta and about NOTHING I have done this game. So kthnxs I'm ignoring your meta on me this game until you get it right. (i'll give you a hint, it's not scum nor indie)
Why do you think I told Frozen to compare your play? Don't act dumb. It's relevant because I am pointing out obvious differences in your play from there where you were town, and here. How is you saying "how is that relevant" to everything pointed at you relevant, wth?

I didn't call you obnoxious.
Chore to post as scum because you can't produce genuine thoughts.

3.) How the **** is that a scum-tell for me? Also you are wrong on how I can tell when you are scum and when you are town. *assumption assumption assumption* Also what game have we been in where we have both been on the same faction and where I am scum or you are town disregarding Villains? NONE. So how much do you actually know my scum meta? Not at all. It's like you know my town meta as much as I know your scum meta. Why are you playing the "owe woe is me, J always tunnels me regardless hence why he always catches me." Kindof...sad.
It's a scumtell for anyone, because no one knows who is town excpet for scum. We were barely into the game when you had a 100% town read of Swiss. If you're not even going to consider him being scum, then you're just detrimental.

So in reality your entire case on me is based off of Meta and assumptions which are not even close to right. Surprised town (and scum) followed this so incredibly easy that no one spoke up about how it had gaping holes but whatever.
You're entire case for why me and swiss are town is from meta, and you're 100% on it. At least I'm taking into consideration that you could be town.

Why does Scum J = Scum X1? Elaborate. Why does then if X1 flips town then you go for a BSL lynch but then add Goose to it.

Why lynch Goose if I pop town? Why is Clown only a maybe?
Why does a scum lynch of Goose = Swiss?
After a town flip THEN you review?
Why not go over the Clown lynch scenario?
He wont lynch you or tell me what he supposedly took note about you earlier. Also he did not speak about you much before you came in talking about how Swiss was town. And when you guys were going back and forth about Swiss being at l-1 it seemed like overdramatic SvS.

Goose because I don't think you're scumbuddies, but I think you're both scummy. Clown is maybe because I don't have much a read on him. Scum Goose = Scum Swiss because of Gooses #31 and Swiss' defense of Goose being copped.

Review after two town flips because that means my reads were waaay off.

You are pulling these out of air and you know it. There is no basis for this entire lynch chain based off D1 play and it is completely a horrid plan. But nice try.
Actually there is. You're just refusing to see it.

I have not played any other games as scum other then Villains. That game was a horrid example of my play and you should know that as well. Thought of Swiss being un-meta-able...huh? Not really but I'm getting town vibes from him which I am pretty confident on. That big post was lost with Braig. It was gonna be a case on BSL correct? I can't honestly remember.
You can't just disregard it because you think it was horrible. And yes please make your case on bsl and clownbot so we can make the best lynch today.

BSL set a trap and he even said it was but gah his wording is confusing and just not giving a straight answer to me. It makes him look scummy by trying to set a trap to DELIBERATELY make someone look scummy for no reason at all. Also now I'm scum in your eyes? Alright then. However that trap wasn't set to catch scum, it was made to make someone look like scum. Now ask that to yourself, how is that pro-town?
Is that it?

Oh so now we are here to calling people liars now. I have no clue whatsoever what the password is and don't you say that I am because you are one of the people that know how ditzy I am with things like these. However this is irrelvant besides the fact of how much you actually trust me here. I did not write it down on a piece of paper and I logged on a couple times before but if you look at my last log in date it was quite a while ago. Half of this post is just not on the right path besides just trying to call me a liar. SSK? (is that the one in the DR?) FF6 and All Stars we were both on the polar opposites. You were always scum and I was always town in every single one of those examples but Villains where I was scum once. It was my first time playing scum and I did horrid because we as a scum-team were a bad mesh PLUS the fact I was inactive at the time did not help my case at all. How does this play equivalate to me being scum? Why does telling about a null help? A null means I have no clue what to think on someone. You are town because I know your scum meta too well and this is certainly not it. Plus the way you are trying to be a town leader of sorts is indicitive that you are town. You have stopped being interested as playing as scum and actually loathe it since you have been scum too much and this game you are pouring so much attention into this game that it screams town Zen. That is why. Now do not bring up the WIFOM of you just tricking me.
Ok that's actually some pretty good meta. I hate being scum.

Also with regards to how I know how active you are, it's because I seen you posting all around the forums the whole day. And we were IMing and biz.

Drop the vig theory because it is not smart and there is obviously not a Vig in the game nor would it be me.
X1 asked me a question. It was already dropped.
"

Clownbot

Smash Lord
J I didn't back off from my explanations at all, my vote's still on you and all I said was that in case your lynch doesn't come through I'd be more willing to get rid of BSL.

...people should know I am dramatic within my posts.
At least one of the people in this game has never played with you before. It's not fair to simply expect others to know how you play when you haven't even had a game with some of them.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was not expecting you to know but I was merely trying to put, "people" as in certain people should know how I play.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No claiming would be bad. I do not need to at all and claiming would just be horrendous.

However if you get the entire town to agree on me claiming and you guys lynching someone else afterwards then that's cool.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Ranmaru, vote J or I will join X1 and Swiss and bsl in lynching you.

J at this point you need to claim. Don't be difficult. You're just wasting time. "

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Shi- I'm at L-1 again.

I really do not think I can claim at the current time Zen....it's not good if I do and your outing something bad....

However I will give something. I am a PR.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*facepalm*

I don't if I should claim yet....someone will definetely get angry at me....

">_>

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yes, Zen, we are definitely masons.

Clearly. It's the only explanation for us being able to read each other.

I am outraged I have to post at half 5 in the morning while trashed to respond to a town who are so spectacularly slow that it physically hurts to read the thread.

More tomorrow.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
they're playing it like i played masons with kuz (this was aimaf, but that doesnt change how i would do it). i believe it.

Swiss

Smash Lord
The pain.

OK, you caught us. We are masons. We know each other are town through this channel, and not in game actions.

As we are now both cleared townies, we should lynch Ran. I think he's the best target. I swapped on Clown.

I don't recall.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Unvote: J
Vote: Swiss

jk

Unvote: Swiss

"Who are your characters? xaungagyg and Kilik? Just one will be fine to prove the mason claim."

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
hmm why a mason in such a small game? Why a Frozen with such a large flame? Why a bsl in such a flail? Why a clownbot who has not fought? Why an X1 who plays so townie. Why a goose who is so frownie (and useless). Why a Zen who wants to win? Why a Ran who is now the play? And who shall be his scum budday? Clownbot or Frozen are the only who match. But upon a town flip, what is naxt?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
lawl. this game is upside-down. deal, bro.

flail doesnt rhyme with fought...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
aah, i see. bsl/flail? that was teh best you could do? :c

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why myself? 3 Days is PLENTY of time especially in a game this size which is so small and we can still organize a lynch on anyone if the entire town works together. Surprising you are not willing to have an open mind on the lynches. Would you switch to BSL toDay? Why not? Would you for a No-Lynch? Of course you would otherwise you'd be scum. Also I've EXPLAINED that I want BSL lynched for his numerous scummy moves and just blatant "....Does anyone else see what I see?" stuff. Also curious to see why you did not ask me to elaborate on my town list....seems half fast.

Claim now? wtf is this? "Just to save time how about you both claim instead of you being at L-1 and we can just go from there." That is extremely questionable there. You just don't wanna deal with claims then? What if I happened to claimed Cop and we had 24 hours to switch? Should I still be lynched? Should a PR be lynched if there is time to switch a measly 5 votes. Anyone who doesn't will be considered scum pretty much. Why are you more focus'd about getting claims instead of the lynch? Hmm....
You're being so dumb. Of course we can get a lynch in 24 hours, esp. in a game this size and with a plurality system. That's not the point. the point is, we shouldn't be waiting until 24 hours before deadline, like you did, to make big claims that can radically alter our perception of the game, and force us to scramble in those last 24 hours to re-assess our reads based on the new information and put together the best lynch. Because you have literally no concept of this, are being belligerant about it, and thus, didn't claim earlier and literally accomplished nothing positive by not claiming earlier, you have now put the town at a far worse position for consideration of your claim than you could have, had you claimed earlier like I said.

Thanks for the help big guy.

No I won't switch to BSL atm based on what info we have, and I DEFINITELY will not No Lynch. Lynches are imperative in a game this size.

I didn't ask for you to elaborate on your town list because I don't particularly care for people posting their reads of everyone in the game so early on, and I didn't want to attract more attention to it because it helps scum more than town to do so.

Anyway, with a claim of mason and Swiss confirming it, you aren't the play today.

Unvote: J
Vote: BoiledGoose

He has been literally contributing nothing and is definitely scummy enough to go. Claim or die BG.

Ran has atleast been posting and I get more of a "new player who handles pressure poorly" read from him than an scum read. If he really is scum it should show very soon. BG just straight up isn't helping and his lack of activity makes him hard to read. We should just be done with him and chances are he's scum.

@ Swiss and J: Are you guys mod confirmed town masons? Or is it an unconfirmed masonry, like neighbors or something?

@FF: What were the town and scum tells you were talking about with regards to Swiss?"[/color]
I didn't talk about town or scum tells, only vibes, and that's quite literally all I have on Swiss. I can't really substantiate my stance, it's really just a gut/vibes read.

@ Mod: I second Swiss's request for votecount

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Zen: Why do you really want J dead? Threatening me to join the J vote, not so fast.

@Swiss: How did your stances change? I don't really understand what masons are, though.

@BSL: Why did you ask that I was L-1?

@FF: I don't understand how I should handle it better. Last game, I evaded pressure because people just thought I was a newb, and that was it. But yes, I'm trying to at least put some effort into this game.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ran, masons are typically a pair or town aligned players who are confirmed to be town to each other by the mod, and are allowed to communicate with one another outside of the main game thread privately about the game.

However there are many variations of this power role. Sometimes they are NOT confirmed to be town, and one of the players may be scum while the other is town, however they are still allowed to communicate outside of the game and the town player has to figure out whether or not his mason partner is scum or town on his own.

Usually masons can communicate at any time during the game, but sometimes they are restricted to only being able to talk privately at night.

Other variations of the role allow for a single person to "recruit" other town players into their mason group and communicate with them privately after they've been recruited. Oftentimes though, if the recruiter tries to recruit a mafiat, at the very least he will die as a result, and sometimes the entire masonry will die.

Masons are an exceptionally prevalent and powerful role in mafia. You need to do some research on your own and learn how this role operates. I suggest using the MafiaScum wiki.

@FF: I don't understand how I should handle it better. Last game, I evaded pressure because people just thought I was a newb, and that was it. But yes, I'm trying to at least put some effort into this game.
I didn't say you weren't putting effort in, I was just saying that you handled the pressure that was put on you early in the day poorly IMO, and it looked a little scummy. By reading your posts up to this point though, I can tell that there wasn't scummy intent there and that you were putting in that effort to defend yourself well, but just don't have the experience to pull it off. It's kind of hard to explain. It's just that you did things like slight deflecting of attention when one of your attackers fell under suspicion, and little things like that. After the game I can probably give you more specific advice but that's all I really feel like going into for now.

Don't misinterpret this as me thinking you're def. town though, because I don't. You're still fency imo but leaning slightly town.

Top Bottom