• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOTW #1: Real People

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Requirements:

* Theme: Real People (Celebrities, yourself, your grandma, REAL PEOPLE!)
* Dimensions: Go nuts. Just don't make a wallpaper or something.
* NO ANIMATION

READ THIS:
* Entries must be made exclusively for the SOTW and must be original work.
* DO NOT ask for CnC on your SOTW sig here, that's just stupid.
* You CAN, however, ask for CnC from your partner through PM or AIM, etc.
* DO NOT wear your sig or display it here until after the SOTW has concluded.
* No nudity or other offensive material please. Keep it PG-13.
* Please PM me your entries with the title "SOTW #1 Entry"

No entries after the deadline:
Saturday July 19th @ 6:00PM EST.

Disclaimer: I know I used AiB's rules as a template.

GET WORKING!

A_man13

Smash Master
Awesome. I wish everyone luck and may the best sig maker win. Knowing that it's a sig contest and most of the sig experts haven't entered yet, I may stand a chance in this contest.

So, what will be the prize for the winner?

plural

Smash Journeyman
Bragging rights until the next one?

ewww i don't like aib rules

Sleisl

Smash Cadet
So is it one sig from each team or one from each team's member?

Anyway this is my favorite theme! Good luck everyone! I'm sure the rest of the participants will be able to submit a sig if they get a team together?

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
did you still this idea from AiB site... lol... good job... i was thinking the same thing...

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Dinko, I think I'm going to drop out of the tournament. You may find someone else, but I'm just not a sig person. I'm sorry.

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
Sleisl, I´m currently not on the best comp, and all I have here is an extremely old version of Gimp. I´ll enter, but don´t expect too much. Hope you can compensate for my lackluster material during this Sotw. Later on I´ll compensate it. >_>; Also, for the next theme, I suggest "From scratch work"- as in, program defaults, no render, no c4ds, nothing. Only you and your expertise. Also, it´s one sig per member- not collabs or anything. Aegis Remix ftw!

Sleisl

Smash Cadet
Collabs are usually the point of team competition. They're fun; passing a psd back and forth all night while you and your partner figure out how to make it ground-breaking is a great time :D

@Gflare, I think scratch would be a good theme, but why limit all the artist's resources? That would mean no textures, only round brushes for smudging, no-or-selfmade c4ds, etc. Wouldn't that be more trouble than it's worth? Maybe the winning team could pick the theme though ;)

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
Uhh... Bleh... You´re right, it´s a lil too limiting. W\e, I think I´m gonna be able to dl at least new Gimp, so a lil better. Mobile phones are cool to work with, and so are abstracts.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Hey I got cpu access for like 3 miutes so I'll make a sig right when I get home. Im havinn a gr8 time here at harvard. xya guys the 19th!

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
I think this is like the program like at my school where you go to stay at a college for a little while for educational purposes and whatnot.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
he's pretty samrtt in school, but only got like .2 points above me average wise. He went to Harvard to study for the Stuyvesant test.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
I was ranked 17th in my class of 286 people in grades and attendance in my freshman year, and I hope to top it as a sophomore.

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
Uhh... I´m not sure the size rules are too fitting. I mean, 400 is the very least you should put as a requirement(imo).

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Sure... but what's with the horrible sig size requirement?
This competition is still a work in progress. If any of you are unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. We only started this SOTW a few days ago, so there's always time to change the rules.
/blatant Kill Bill reference.

its because black waltz is too lazy to think of good rules and just copies all is brawls laaame rules.
Same thing that I said with Frate. I appreciate comments and suggestions, but don't go and call me lazy. There were no objections with the rules at AiB and everyone seemed to like them.

plural

Smash Journeyman
Petition for 150 by 400 size limit instead of 150 by 360:
Gflare
Rollerking
Jeebuz
Plural

can we change it next time?
also, i never liked the rule on aib either. but i was pretty sure no one would care what i had to say.

Top Bottom