• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOTW #1: Real People

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm really thinking about closing my shops for a bit. I'm getting new requests by the barrelfull here, at All is brawl I have about 10-15, and a bunch of people are begging me to do sigs for them at a 3rd.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i will post the voting thread tomorrow as it seems as though i haven't received many entries.

as of now i have sigs from:
Sleisl
Ekoik.exe
Gflare
Frate
Xynrai
lordunicorn3
plural
Weed
Gouk
Majin

A_man13

Smash Master
It's not that my sigs aren't improving or they turn out bad (heck people have been saying they've turned out better than usual, especially that I've started using PS), I'm just confused on what to do with requests and, most importantly, the shop. Sig work aint a hobby any more; with all the requests I'm getting, it's becoming a job.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
It's not that my sigs aren't improving or they turn out bad (heck people have been saying they've turned out better than usual, especially that I've started using PS), I'm just confused on what to do with requests and, most importantly, the shop. Sig work aint a hobby any more; with all the requests I'm getting, it's becoming a job.
*laughs*

That's why I closed down my shop(s). It got the point where I was getting overwhelmed with requests, and I was too restricted with what to do, so it was no longer any fun, it became a "job", almost a chore.

A_man13

Smash Master
I like the shop and all, but I'm getting requests when I'm closed and I already have people in line for my next opening. And that's not counting how bad I got mauled at All is Brawl and another forum for sigs. Add in the slump and a lack of time and you get a big mess.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
hey MM, do you know if thegfxedge.com has any tuts/resources sections? i cant seem to find any...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
im going to close entry submission in one hour. if you havent submitted yet, GET ON IT!

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
i agree, just close your shop,
even just for a while
trust me, it is great just making the sigs u want
some of my best stuff has come after taking a break for a while

plural

Smash Journeyman
Are we aloud you use tuts for our entries? I can't wait for next weeks topic.
I don't see why not...

just don't make it look too much like it I guess :confused:

That, and the fact that the rule would be nearly impossible to enforce with all the tutorials flying around on the internets.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Are we aloud you use tuts for our entries? I can't wait for next weeks topic.
I just don't want someone's entry to look the exactly the same as a tutorial result. but feel free to using tuts for inspiration and technique.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
Hosting your own SOWT? Good luck with it. I would join, but I don't have photoshop or any artistic abilities. xD

Top Bottom